CA CA - Diane Dye, 13, San Jose, 30 July 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if Doug wasn’t telling the truth when he said he went to the high school and spoke to the principal. I know it was summer but I also know that back then most middle and high schools had summer sessions for those who had failed classes during the year. Could this have been the case here? Did Diane attend summer school?

Diane Genice Dye
  • diane_genice_dye_1.jpg
  • diane_genice_dye_2.jpg
Diane, circa 1979; Age-progression to age 46 (circa 2011)
  • Missing Since 07/30/1979
  • Missing From San Jose, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 11/20/1965 (54)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue shirt and light blue corduroy pants.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Diane has a two-inch scar on her chin and her ears are pierced. She has previously fractured her left forearm.
Details of Disappearance
Diane was last seen in her hometown of San Jose, California on July 30, 1979. At the time she, she was believed to have left of her own accord because of her distress about her parents' marital problems.

For a time, officials believed Diane may be the homicide victim known as "Princess Doe." The unidentified female's remains were located in New Jersey in 1982. She was approximately 16 years old, which was around the same age as Diane would have been. Comparisons between the unidentified teenager's teeth and Diane's dental records were inconclusive. Years later, Diane was conclusively ruled out as a match for Princess Doe. The young woman (Princess Doe) remains unidentified.

Investigators believe Doug Young, a convicted murderer, may have been responsible for Diane's disappearance. He knew Diane and was seen talking to her shortly before she went missing. Authorities have gone to death row multiple times to question him, but he denies any involvement in Diane's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • San Jose Police Department 408-277-4141
Source Information

Could nr 14 of the William Bradford pics been her? The photo has been identified per LE. But of course no name.

Attachments

• william-richard-bradford-40e7563d-dc09-4369-b907-d12d3b4a803-resize-750.jpeg
    william-richard-bradford-40e7563d-dc09-4369-b907-d12d3b4a803-resize-750.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 48
(note; user Knownothing007 of the Unidentified Wiki was the first one to point out the resemblance between the two after the recent NCMEC reconstruction was released.)

Is Diane Dye, the Cheerleader in the Trunk?
Links to Diane Dye
NamUs page
NCMEC page
Doe Network page

Links to CiTT's cases
NamUS page
Doe Network page
NCMEC page

latest
latest

Cheerleader in the Trunk (CiTT) on the left; Diane Dye on the right (for comparison)

She does bares a resemblance to CiTT, however there are several issues barring the possibility that she could be CiTT.
  • She would've been 13-16 which is below the age estimate of 17-27 for CiTT.
  • Diane was only 5'2" while CiTT was 5'3" - 5'5" (could be attributed to her growing up within the three year timespan between her disappearance and the discovery of the body)
  • Diane weighted only 110 pounds while CiTT weighed 100-130 pounds (again which could be attributed to her growing up with the three year timespan)
  • The post-mortem interval of CiTT is most likely three years according to the Doe Network and NamUS which means if Diane was CiTT, she would've been roughly 13-14 at the time of death which is below the minimum age estimate. (the pmi year ranges were estimated to be between 1972-1982)
  • The sighting in late December 1981 by a friend and the sightings that continued into the 1980s. And the possible 2016 sighting.

So what do you think about this?

(note; user Knownothing007 of the Unidentified Wiki was the first one to point out the resemblance between the two after the recent NCMEC reconstruction was released.)

Links to Diane Dye
NamUs page
NCMEC page
Doe Network page

Links to CiTT's cases
NamUS page
Doe Network page
NCMEC page

latest
latest

Cheerleader in the Trunk (CiTT) on the left; Diane Dye on the right (for comparison)

She does bares a resemblance to CiTT, however there are several issues barring the possibility that she could be CiTT.
  • Diane was only 5'2" while CiTT was 5'3" - 5'5" (could be attributed to her growing up within the three year timespan between her disappearance and the discovery of the body)
  • Diane weighted only 110 pounds while CiTT weighed 100-130 pounds (again which could be attributed to her growing up with the three year timespan)
  • The post-mortem interval of CiTT is most likely three years according to the Doe Network and NamUS which means if Diane was CiTT, she would've been roughly 13-14 at the time of death which is below the minimum age estimate. (the pmi year ranges were estimated to be between 1972-1982)
  • The sighting in late December 1981 by a friend and the sightings that continued into the 1980s. And the possible 2016 sighting.

Doubtful because I'm sure they both have DNA in NamUs. It would have hit

Links to Diane Dye
NamUs page
NCMEC page
Doe Network page

Links to CiTT's cases
NamUS page
Doe Network page
NCMEC page

latest
latest

I see a resemblance - I can't believe Diane isn't on the rule out list for the cheerleader in the trunk. I agree with Roselvr that I would think it would have been a hit in NamUs since they both have DNA, but stranger things have happened.

Diane Genice Dye I believe sadly is deceased unidentified Doe Network case #81UFAR, El Dorado Doe. The morgue photo of the right side of El Dorado Doe's face shows Diane Genice Dye's chin scar. Diane Dye was also listed as an associate among the family/associates of two of the Dallas Three, famous missing girls El Dorado Doe reportedly told her boyfriend that she had grown up with and knew well. Diane Dye's name comes up the same way, as associated, when I searched El Dorado Doe's ex-boyfriend's name. El Dorado Doe's DNA has her as a descendent of a Mamie Carter. If Diane Dye is a descendent of Mamie Carter Dye? Nevermind the photos of El Dorado Doe disguising herself to look like her targeted fake identities, insteas compare the candid snapshots of El Dorado Doe with Diane Genice Dye. I have tried emailing, and calling both San Jose and El Dorado detectives. I am not sure if I lost my savvy for communicating somewhere or what the problem is with getting across the blue wall but I get nowhere. In all cases, even when I have explicitly asked up front and in writing of the agency Chiefs, FBI, the State Police Missing Person Clearinghouses, the NCMEC, even federal officials before and my information is only forwarded to the (dead-ending) investigating agency. I hope that I am posting this the right way and in the right place. I am too meek, my skills are too limited and my solo efforts have all failed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn
Back