GUILTY CA - Dr. William Ayres for child molestation, San Mateo, 2007 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Remember Dr. George Reardon, the Connecticut doctor who molested hundreds of his children patients and then took photos of them? Police found a huge cache of photos and child *advertiser censored* in his home after he died. Missizzy wrote about Reardon on this thread.

Now the West Hartford police are looking for a man who appeared in one of Reardon's photos. The man would now be in his sixties.

http://voices.yahoo.com/accused-child-molester-still-unidentified-7303778.html

Well, if the police are looking for this guy, that says something. Maybe there are little boys in the rest of the photo? Perhaps Reardon shared his *advertiser censored* and collection of photos of him molesting children to a number of other doctors?

Letter to the San Mateo Daily Journal today about the Ayres case:

Letter: Where is the outrage?
March 06, 2012, 05:00 AM Letter

Editor,

Why is there no public outrage in San Mateo County over the William Ayres’ child molestation charges when similar charges in Pennsylvania brought rapid public outcries from the whole country? Do we value football more than the lives of young boys? Sandusky, unlike Ayres as a doctor, did not take an oath to “do no harm,” and boys were not sent to him for psychiatric treatment.

Ayres’ attorney is now using dementia as an excuse for his being unfit to stand trial or remain in custody at Napa State Mental Hospital for ongoing evaluation. If the County had acted on complaints filed in the ’80s and ceased sending referrals to Ayres, some 40+ young men would not still be seeking justice, to say nothing of the three victims who are now dead and will never have justice. Let us hope the county court will follow Deputy District Attorney Karen Guidotti’s statement that Ayres “belongs locked up” and not continue to treat him with deference and “kid gloves.”

More commentary on letter at the Ayres blog: http://www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/2012/03/where-is-outrage.html

August 22, 2011: "Ayres Avoids Prison Sentence"

Wagstaffe and the prosecutor on the case, Melissa McKowan, decided not to pursue a second competency trial despite receiving a videotape Friday of Ayres dining and laughing with his wife and two friends at a restaurant in San Francisco.

February 25, 2012 : "Committed Doctor Wants Out"

Chief Deputy DA Karen Guidotti: " If Ayres is to go anywhere, she said, it is back to San Mateo County for prosecution."
_____

Which is it, Wagstaffe and Guidotti? Why can't you coordinate your stories out of the San Mateo District Attorney's office? It is cruel and inhuman for the victims and their families to have these people change their stories with the wind.

The prosecutor, Melissa Mckowan has been the subject of a months-long investigation by a government agency for lying about inculpatory evidence and lying to victims, their families and other prosecution witnesses. At least two judges, including one who served on the Ayres case- are being investigated and scrutinized very closely by another government agency.

What is needed is a federal investigation into the thousands of juvenile court cases that Ayres was involved in. The Justice Department needs to reach out to every single boy who was evaluated by him in a court session.

As there is evidence that Ayres made bargains with them - "Let me molest you and you won't go to juvenile hall", it is more than likely that Ayres sent boys to California Youth Authority who resisted his advances. This is a violation of their civil rights . The entire County's mishandling and misconduct in this case HAS to be investigated by the Justice Department.

Funny, the doctors at Napa State Hospital haven't decided whether Ayres is mentally incompetent. But in her petition to be Conservator, Barbara Ayres is portraying him as a doddering old man.

The petition states: "William Ayres is diagnosed with dementia of the Alzheimer's type. Without the assistance of others he is unable personally to provide for his daily needs as a result of the increasingly debilitating effects of the dementia, especially in the exposure to risk of self injury from falling and in failing to manage his medication regimen accurately. Failing memory also prevents him from managing his other health care needs without the assistance of others."

Geez, Ayres was perfectly fine back in August, when he was hanging out in that San Francisco restaurant, eating and drinking alcohol with no assistance; holding court with his pals about the Iowa Straw Polls and his past business ventures.

What kind of scam is the dysfunctional Ayres family trying to pull off now?

According to one insider, when the San Mateo Police did a search warrant on Ayres' home in 2006, they found letters from Barbara Ayres to her father. Barbara's letters, according to the insider, contained incriminating information about her father.

I just have no faith left in this case. He is obviously going to be let off the hook to enjoy the rest of his life, while his victims continue to suffer through theirs. There aren't words adequate to how I feel about this. At least none that I can print here.

More from the court documents today on conservatorship:

03/07/2012
DECLARATION OF ATTORNEY FOR PROPOSED CONSERVATEE FILED BY WILLIAM AYRES

According to his lawyer Jonathan McDougall's statement, "Mr" (sic) Ayres is being given:

1) Citalopram for depression and anxiety
2) Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism
3) Memantine for cognitive deficits
4) Omega-3 fatty acid for cardio and cerebrovascular protectionprotection (sic)
5) Methocarbamol for chronic pain.

McDougall describes "Mr." Ayres' demeanor at two meetings at his law office on April 2, 2011 and at a visitor's room at Napa State hospital on March 1, 2012 as "pleasant and cooperative." He states that Ayres "expressed concern over placing a burden on his daughter. He felt that she possessed the knowledge and skills needed to do a great job but did not want to burden her with responsibilities. "

Macdougall then states,"Mr." Ayres expressed serious concerns about leaving Napa State Hospital for either a residential home or his home with his wife. He understood that the conservator would have with court approval the power to decide his residence."

So if he doesn't go home or to a residential home, where does Ayres propose he go? And is he not aware that he's still under a criminal indictment and doesn't have any say about where he gets to go? And isn't it up to Judge Grandsaert as to where Ayres ends up?

If Ayres has been on this regimen for some time, I'd have to say that it's tremendously successful--given what we saw in the restaurant videos. Other folks with dementia should be so lucky. I have to wonder, though, if the Citalopram was started after Ayres entered Napa.

And just why does the guy feel safer at Napa than in a less restrictive placement or at home? Has he done any reading up on what happened to Father Jerold Lindner in nearby Los Gatos? Hmmmm, indeed.

Missizzy: good points. Which reminds me: last time I checked, the Father Jerold Lindner/William Lynch trial was slated to start on March 26th.

Excellent link, Mercyneal. Blessings to those of you who continue the good fight to see justice for all of the victims. I seethe with anger over the DA and the court system that has allowed these shenanigans to go on and for failing to convict a serial pedophile. I was dumb enough to believe that our writing campaign would make a difference and force the DA to do the appropriate thing. Boy was I mistaken. I think the whole lot of them should be fired.

Belinda: Rest assured that the California Bar is still investigating the prosecutor and her bosses on the Ayres case. They are taking the numerous complaints about them very seriously.

Belinda: Rest assured that the California Bar is still investigating the prosecutor and her bosses on the Ayres case. They are taking the numerous complaints about them very seriously.

I just hope they do something and not bury it. One can only hope the California Bar is more interested in justice than the DA's office.

Belinda: Take it from the horse's mouth. They're NOT burying it. The Bar has been investigating very intensely, and is VERY focused on this..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back