CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really curious about this.
I read that at least one dog was beaten severly?

I ask this because I've owned German Shepherd dogs all of my life, and I'm pretty darn sure that my current 120 pound male would not allow anyone to hurt me.

I would like to know what kind of dogs these were? Were these Cocker Spaniels? Where they little terriers?

Truly. Dog repelliant? That would work on Doberman's, German Shepherds?

Feedback appreciated!
Sincerely,
Kali/California

I want to know also.
Some say he might have sprayed himself with dog repellent.

I agree, but they still spent 45 years looking for him, and then just suddenly stopped. It seems that it would be worth a few more months to search for is DNA.

Maybe they found him. I'm curious as well.

When he shot Brian and Katie Maggiore they were walking their dog Thumper. He threw the dog (a mini poodle) into a pool. It survived, was rescued, and given to Katie's parents.

There are dogs in some of his other crimes and I don't know all the details other than sometimes he left them alone and other times he hurt (maybe killed?) them.

Ever deal with a poodle? They are known to bark loudly and bite. So how did he avoid the loud barking and bite? Even a small dog bite is painful.
The barking would create a racket.
I wish we had more info.

Ever deal with a poodle? They are known to bark loudly and bite. So how did he avoid the loud barking and bite? Even a small dog bite is painful.
The barking would create a racket.
I wish we had more info.

Not confirmed but I've read it was rumored he killed 2 small dogs, a terrier and a poodle.

Read on another crime forum that there was a nephew that provided a tip a few months back that opened up the case

again and it was rumored that he sent in his DNA to help LE. The reason I think this could be true is that the prosecutor on this case was asked about a tip and the $50,000 reward from FBI and she was a little hesitant to

admit a tip re-started the investigation, she slyly said it wasn't being broadcast yet, but it was a possiblity (or similar words). Also the nephew stated the Rancho Cordova HS connection and some other good clues. I think that kid's
tip opened this case up. I hope he gets the reward.

This is from Sacramento’s local ABC affiliate. I trust they checked with Folsom High School.

“Born in Bath, New York, he attended Folsom High School from 1961 to 1963, but did not graduate. He received his GED in 1964.”

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/sacramento/who-is-joseph-james-deangelo/103-546199302

But the Sacramento Bee (also local and well-respected) reported "DeAngelo graduated from nearby Folsom High School in 1964 and joined the U.S. Navy." As does USA Today and many others.

The Sacramento Bee is a daily newspaper published in Sacramento, California, in the United States. Since its founding in 1857, The Bee has become the largest newspaper in Sacramento, the fifth largest newspaper in California, and the 27th largest paper in the U.S.

I think until someone gets and publishes the actual HS record there's no way we'll know for sure.

Read on another crime forum that there was a nephew that provided a tip a few months back that opened up the case

again and it was rumored that he sent in his DNA to help LE. The reason I think this could be true is that the prosecutor on this case was asked about a tip and the $50,000 reward from FBI and she was a little hesitant to

admit a tip re-started the investigation, she slyly said it wasn't being broadcast yet, but it was a possiblity (or similar words). Also the nephew stated the Rancho Cordova HS connection and some other good clues. I think that kid's
tip opened this case up. I hope he gets the reward.
I doubt this. If the nephew gave his DNA to investagaters there wouldn't have been a need to enter JJD's DNA into research.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I want to know also.
Some say he might have sprayed himself with dog repellent.

That’s pure speculation. IMO, if he did spray himself w dog repellant, that would not stop a dog from barking as he attempted to enter the house, alerting the homeowners. I think more likely he used it as needed, when he encountered a dog during his route to/from a house, or as he was staking out his potential future victims.

Does anyone have the original forum link where the community was working this matter? In particular, one of the longest and most active threads on this case. It appears as if he enjoyed his little secret and may have visited the board.

Proboards. (Not sure if it's okay to link, but it's easy to find.)

But the Sacramento Bee (also local and well-respected) reported "DeAngelo graduated from nearby Folsom High School in 1964 and joined the U.S. Navy." As does USA Today and many others.

The Sacramento Bee is a daily newspaper published in Sacramento, California, in the United States. Since its founding in 1857, The Bee has become the largest newspaper in Sacramento, the fifth largest newspaper in California, and the 27th largest paper in the U.S.

I think until someone gets and publishes the actual HS record there's no way we'll know for sure.

There's evidence online that he did NOT appear in graduation pics or mention of his name as a graduate in either

63 or 64 from Folsom HS. It's been mentioned numerous times he dropped out or was expelled and later got a GED.

There's been no evidence dog repellant was ever used.

There is no evidence dog repellant was not used. It makes perfect sense that he did use dog repellant. Per reports of his uncanny ability to victimize people who had dogs. And reports of dogs barking then suddenly stopping. Even though he was right smack there under their noses.
We know now he got caught shoplifting dog repellant.

No. They’re very small creeks and canals. There are, however, two rivers in Sacramento. The American and Sacramento rivers. I highly doubt he used a boat to get around though.

They are big enough for waterskiing and motorboats. There are lots of boat ramps and tiny marinas, all the way from Stockton to Sacramento.

We boated from Tracy/Modesto to Sacramento dozens of times. There are restaurants built upon the riverbanks, with public docks---so you can pull up to them and go inside for lunch or dinner.

I posted a fact. You have posted an opinion.
There is no evidence dog repellant was not used. It makes perfect sense that he did use dog repellant. Per reports of his uncanny ability to victimize people who had dogs. And reports of dogs barking then suddenly stopping. Even though he was right smack there under their noses.
We know now he got caught shoplifting dog repellant.

I posted a fact. You have posted an opinion.

Its a fact that he got caught shoplifting dog repellant, and its also a fact that he broke into houses with dogs present.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article210003114.html
After DeAngelo has spent several days in custody, investigators still don't appear to have a clear picture of who he is.

They know he was a police officer in the Tulare County community of Exeter from 1973 to 1976 and in Auburn from 1976 to 1979, when he was dismissed after being charged with stealing a hammer and dog repellent from a Citrus Heights drug store, according at an article in the Auburn Journal.. They know he worked as a truck mechanic at a Save Mart distribution center in Roseville from 1989 to 2017.

They also know he is separated from his wife and has three adult daughters, one of whom lived with him at the Citrus Heights house - along with DeAngelo's granddaughter. The other two daughters "are very bright, beautiful and successful," Holes said. One is a doctor and the other is a PhD candidate at a University of California campus. They had no clue about their father's alleged criminal past; in fact, Holes said they didn't even know he was a police officer.

"For all three of these kids, another tragedy is to find out that their dad is the worst serial killer maybe in the nation's history," Holes said.
Other relatives have told The Sacramento Bee there was no reason to think DeAngelo was involved in this horrific crime spree. His sister, Rebecca Thompson, said Thursday she had "never seen anything to allow myself to think he could do such things."

"As stunned as I am - because I've never seen him display any kind of madness or anything like that - I just can't believe it," Thompson said.
There's still a decade-long gap –from 1979 to 1989 – in which police aren't sure what DeAngelo was doing or where he was living. He has been implicated in 10 murders and four rapes across Southern California between 1979 and 1986. Public records link him to addresses in Long Beach and the Los Angeles County city of Whittier in the 1980s.

"We don't know a lot about him," Holes said. "But between the investigative reporting and the online sleuths, all of that information will be filled in."
rbbm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member