CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The call was made in 1991 not 1978 when the movie aired so that cannot account for the voices in the background IMO.

If he owned it on VHS, DVD or it was reaired yes, it could be the clip.

It was also shown in the HLN Unmasking a Killer mini-series. And the ID one.

Thanks. I haven't seen them. I think if he called a previous rape victim in '91, it is likely she may have heard women and children in the background as he had 3 girls by then aged 2, 5 and 10 years old. :cow:

I wonder if they can also prosecute him for these harassment calls too? He is an evil . Thank goodness they have him locked up now.

It was January 2, 1978. Here’s the list of calls and when they occurred.

“January 2nd, 1978
Victim #1 had been receiving odd phone calls since around Christmas. The police gave her a tape recorder in hopes that she'd be able to catch the elusive caller's voice. On the evening of January 2nd, the phone rang several times. One of them was a wrong number asking "Is Ray there?" Some investigators think that the caller was probably the rapist.

Later on in the evening, the phone rang at Victim #1's house once more. A voice that she recognized as the East Area Rapist was on the other end.

Caller: "Gonna kill you... Gonna killll you... Gonna killlll you *****... *****... *****... ****in' *advertiser censored*..."

There was an extended period of deep, harsh breathing before the threats began.”

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/phonecalls.php

I was just listening to the Criminology podcast, and they said the background voices on the “Gonna kill you” call were confirmed to be from the TV on the victim’s end of the phone. Don’t know where they got their info, but that’s what they said. Ep. 1 or 2.

MOO

Seriously?
For now he is the face of the investigation. I’m giving credit when credit is due.
It goes without saying that many were involved. Me thinks thou protests too much.
“Supporting another’s success will never dampen yours.”

Unfortunately Paul Holes repeatedly spread misinformation about the case, thus hindering rather than helping the case.

The Casefile podcast from last year got many thousands of new people interested in the case. Unfortunately Paul Holes spread information that had been shown to be completely false forty years ago to a whole new generation of sleuths:

Casefile Interview with Paul Holes:

Visalia Ransacker is, there are two very credible witnesses that saw - were face-to-face with him - in decent lighting, saw his face, saw his entire physique, his entire build. And they both consistently described him as - he had, you know, this round face, with pug-nose and funny looking ears and kind of a hunked neck, and just rounded shoulders and fat through the hips, and fat through the thighs, fat calves and short fat fingers. One of the witnesses is Officer McGowen who gets shot by the Visalia Ransacker. The other witness is a 22 year old anthropology student, somebody who at least has some training in taking a look at humans, right? More so than the... and this person - this anthropology student - he kinda looked Mongoloid to him, he had Mongoloid-type features. And his behaviors were weird, and he's acting, he's talking in a high woman's voice and he's acting kinda scared and "don't hurt me, don't hurt me" and screaming like a woman when he's being confronted. That is not who the East Area Rapist is. The East Area Rapist is a dominant personality. Once he gets the women and men under control he is dominating them. (End of interview)

(11:52 - 13:08)

Case 53 Bonus Episode # 2

http://casefilepodcast.com/case-53-bonus-interviews-part-1-2/

Everybody is human, we all make mistakes. But Paul Holes quoting a "22 year old anthropology student" describing the VR as a Mongoloid was not a mistake. It was misinformation.

The anthropology student never saw the VR. He saw a man with special needs who is given the alias "Peter Burgess" to protect his real identity.

He was not the VR. This was proven conclusively forty years ago. It is on the public record. The police put "Peter Burgess" under surveillance and the VR struck again. Just to be doubly sure they then put "Peter Burgess" AND his brother under surveillance. The VR struck yet again.

"Peter Burgess" was officially ruled out forty years ago by the detectives who worked the case. Yet 12 months ago Paul Holes was shouting from the roof-tops that the VR couldn't be the EAR because he was a "Mongoloid".

Let's celebrate the people who did the real police work on this case.

My own opinions.

I was just listening to the Criminology podcast, and they said the background voices on the “Gonna kill you” call were confirmed to be from the TV on the victim’s end of the phone. Don’t know where they got their info, but that’s what they said. Ep. 1 or 2.

MOO

Yes the sleuths on ProBoards analyzed it a couple of years ago and found that. Pretty impressive and good to know it was on the victim’s side as they initially thought it was on the caller’a side.

I am playing catchup here reading through all these posts, I apologize if this has been asked in some way, but I had listened to the excellent CaseFile podcast a while back on EARONS and was JUST starting the Criminology Podcast and with ALL THE PERSONAL ITEMS he took, what I assume were really "trophies" (driver licenses, rings, jewelry...etc...) I AM DYING TO KNOW WHEN we will be able to see any and all evidence taken from his house? I mean you just gotta think this guy had a huge box or trunk in the attic etc with ALL this stuff in it. And if he did save all this stuff what it will be like for victims or family members of the victims will do when they see it! That will be crazy....is it possible the Police Dept is submitting photos of evidence collected and its being uploaded for public view or will be at some point? I know you can login to the Minneapolis Sheriff Dept (or something) and see a ZILLION pics of the Prince crime scene. Its really incredible but also very sad (multiple shots of his body). ANyway any comments please chime in!

I'm not sure what you're confused about. She's making sure it's fair (due process) so he has no reason to appeal.
I'm not confused at all I'm not the one questioning his atttorney's motives or thinking she is only doing a good job to make sure he hangs with no chance of an appeal....lol

She is a professional, her career can take many different paths following this case. As his attorney her job is to make sure she exhausts all avenues in her clients defense. make sure he gets a fair trial, make sure the trial is not tried n the public domain via the news, quash as much evidence, keep things out of court etc etc etc. i have no notions other than i believe she will do the very best she can for her client no matter how she may feel about him personally

Did Det. Holes beat you up in high school?

Yeah i'm wondering about this super strong anti-Holes rhetoric.
He was right that EAR hass weird ears; that was noted in this very thread on the first dozen pages. He was fat through the mid section and had hips. He was also able to mimic a woman's voice according to Officer McGowan and a survivor.

Holes may not have been right about everything but he did work on this case. I think most of us know it takes MANY people to solve something like this and don't need to be debated to or persuaded/convinced to de-emphasize Holes just because some feel he is not deserving enough to be the public face of the case.

I saw 20/20 about Joseph DeAngelo. One thing that jumped out was he uttered "I hate you, Bonnie."

Golden State Killer likely motivated by animosity toward ex-fiancee, investigator says
https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2018/04/26/copy-story-share-hate-you-bonnie/556977002/

Some of interest.

“Most certainly if he’s making the statement, ‘I hate you, Bonnie,’ while he’s attacking another female, he is what we call an anger retaliatory rapist. Instead of directing his anger at what’s making him angry, he’s directing it sideways onto someone else to be able to satisfy that anger,” said Paul Holes, a retired Contra Costa County investigator who has been intimately involved with the investigation for decades.

He cannot let go about Bonnie, like everything else in his life. He is a very bitter man and bitter all his life.

“With this particular guy, I believe there’s a significant event that made him angry and stayed inside him,” Holes said. “That anger would manifest itself over and over, whether a Bonnie situation or a couple of situations. Different things are making him upset.”

As traumatizing as the engagement breakup may have been, DeAngelo went on to marry Huddle and father three children, who are now in their late 20s and 30s. Huddle and DeAngelo are estranged but apparently never divorced. In Roseville on Thursday, where DeAngelo’s wife lived with her children since 1997, a neighbor said that whatever kind of marriage they had, it was ugly.

“He would come by on a regular basis and scream and yell from the driveway and never step inside,” said the neighbor, who didn’t want his name used. “He and Sharon would get in epic shouting battles. It was a very volatile relationship when he came over, and it was not good. It was just very toxic.”

Looking at Joseph DeAngelo, he is very likely an injustice collector/grudge holder/grievance collector, which is all the same thing. He is very prone to anger, which often see in injustice collectors. It is all about control and need an echo chamber because they are one.

On Wound Collectors
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201509/wound-collectors

Murderous Envy
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

The Dangerous Injustice Collector: Behaviors of Someone Who Never Forgets, Never Forgives, Never Lets Go, and Strikes Back!
http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/vio.2014.1509

Psychology of Terrorism - National Criminal Justice Reference Service
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/208552.PDF

Criminal And Behavioral Profiling
https://us.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/80474_Chapter_1.pdf

Injustice Collectors
http://www.psybersquare.com/family/family_injustice.html

1.) Injustice Collectors are convinced that they are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It is simple: They are always right.

2.) Injustice Collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3.) Injustice Collectors truly believe that they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others chronically do not hold themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4.) Injustice Collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combined legislator, police, and judge and jury of

5.) Injustice Collectors never worry about what is wrong with themselves as their "bad list" grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6.) Injustice Collectors are never upset by the disparity of their rules for others with their own expectations of themselves.

7.) Injustice Collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

DeAngelo shows all 7 characteristics of an injustice collector.

Here are more with 20 characteristics
http://www.lisaescott.com/forum/2009/11/25/are-they-injustice-collector

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors

1. Injustice collectors are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It's simple: They are always right.

2. Injustice collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3. Injustice collectors truly believe they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others seem incapable of holding themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4. Injustice collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combination of legislator, police, judge and jury to those they consider their subjects. They forever banish from their kingdom any subject they deem disloyal, and only grant clemency if there is sufficient (in their eyes) contrition.

5. Injustice collectors never worry about what is wrong with them as their "bad" list grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6. Injustice collectors are never troubled by the disparity between their rules for others and their own expectations of themselves. Injustice collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

7. Injustice collectors have an external orientation; the problem always exists in the world, outside of themselves, and in their view, the world would be an acceptable place if their rules and standards were followed at all times.

8. Injustice collectors do not have a capacity for remorse, empathy or guilt.

9. Injustice collectors scoff at the idea of therapy, therapists, self-help books, and other tools used by people who struggle to live with them.

10. The phrase "walking on eggshells" describes life with an injustice collector.

11. The IC (injustice Collector) will prey upon your weaknesses to frame all issues in their terms.

12. IC's will always cry foul when you are 'mean' to them and accuse you of being nasty when you are confronting them with their negative behavior.

13. They are titanically insecure and cannot trust anyone. All relationships they have, even with their own parents and children and trustless and must be reinforced by subordination over and over.

14. They can only strengthen relationships through imprisoning their mates and banning behaviors and other relationships. Friends and family are a huge threat to the IC.

15. They must repetitively revisit situations where you service them, give in to them and agree with them. They will over time shrink your world to a small plot of empty activities that only they like. They are terrified of travel, meeting new people, understanding new concepts and paroling you from any punishment they have previously 'convicted' you of.

16. They do not care about you at all, they care about aggrandizing themselves with you as an assistant producer.

17. They will occasionally do something for you, but if you are not completely brainwashed, it will be a negative experience for you in the end. Example is throwing you a birthday party. I guarantee you will not have fun at your own party.

18. They will force you to choose between them and other things you like or love. The more you choose them, the more they will make you choose them over and over. They do not understand the concept of loyalty at all.

19. Hypocrisy is their modus operandi for debating and arguing with you. Everything they say about you is true about them. (aka Projection) It makes it so you try to 'win' fights by getting them to agree with you, which they never can because their whole position is false.

20. Your life will disappear into their lives. Your hopes and dreams will fade, even in your own mind. You will eat what they want, you will watch what they want on TV, you will vacation where they want, or not at all.

DeAngelo shows all 20 characteristics of an injustice collector.

Websleuth Radio Interview Tina Meier
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/09/30/tricias-true-crime-radio-adult-cyber-bullying

ID Web Of Lies-Friend Request
https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/web-of-lies/full-episodes/friend-request

Tina Meier's description of Lori Drew starts at the 20:40 mark. Tina Meier is Megan's mother who was harassed to suicide by Drew. Lori Drew is a constant complainer and very bitter. In ID Web Of Lies Friend Request and Tina Meier said Lori and Sarah Drew had trouble fitting in, which points to social alienation. They are known to be busybodies and outcasts. This does suggest that James DeAngelo has a lot of issues of social alienation and resentment.

James DeAngelo and Lori Drew are similar to Jodi Arias, Yoselyn Ortega, Mark Conditt, Nikolas Cruz, Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Alek Minassian, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, Anders Breivik, 9/11 Terrorists and Osama bin Laden. Injustice collectors are not just mass killers and terrorists. Serial killers, abusers, and bullies are injustice collectors as well.

I went to a craft group today and the subject of EAR came up. One person lived a couple of blocks from one of the rapes, and the person next to me said--"I saw him." What?

She was living in Carmichael during the height of the attacks (she didn't recall the exact date), and came outside to see a man that she thought matched the composite drawing standing about 20 feet away, looking through some people's windows. She said they made eye contact, then she turned and walked back inside.

The police were extra careful of that area for weeks, but he'd simply moved to another neighborhood.

Strange.

I'm not confused at all I'm not the one questioning his atttorney's motives or thinking she is only doing a good job to make sure he hangs with no chance of an appeal....lol

She is a professional, her career can take many different paths following this case. As his attorney her job is to make sure she exhausts all avenues in her clients defense. make sure he gets a fair trial, make sure the trial is not tried n the public domain via the news, quash as much evidence, keep things out of court etc etc etc. i have no notions other than i believe she will do the very best she can for her client no matter how she may feel about him personally

that's not what i said. i was responding to people who are mad that he's getting due process. respond to them about why it's important the law is followed <modsnip>

With all the confusion about whether JJD or his brother (or both of them) lost part of a finger/fingers I was glad to finally see this screen capture from his court appearance which was posted previously by numerous MSM outlets:

As both Detective Bill MgGowen and Rodney Miller had reported being shot by a left-handed gunman (JJD) I was surprised to see that the injury was on his left (dominant) hand.

ps The brother is also missing a fingertip.

Attachments

• Finger.jpg
    Finger.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 80
I saw 20/20 about Joseph DeAngelo. One thing that jumped out was he uttered "I hate you, Bonnie."

Golden State Killer likely motivated by animosity toward ex-fiancee, investigator says
https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2018/04/26/copy-story-share-hate-you-bonnie/556977002/

Some of interest.

&#8220;Most certainly if he&#8217;s making the statement, &#8216;I hate you, Bonnie,&#8217; while he&#8217;s attacking another female, he is what we call an anger retaliatory rapist. Instead of directing his anger at what&#8217;s making him angry, he&#8217;s directing it sideways onto someone else to be able to satisfy that anger,&#8221; said Paul Holes, a retired Contra Costa County investigator who has been intimately involved with the investigation for decades.

He cannot let go about Bonnie, like everything else in his life. He is a very bitter man and bitter all his life.

&#8220;With this particular guy, I believe there&#8217;s a significant event that made him angry and stayed inside him,&#8221; Holes said. &#8220;That anger would manifest itself over and over, whether a Bonnie situation or a couple of situations. Different things are making him upset.&#8221;

As traumatizing as the engagement breakup may have been, DeAngelo went on to marry Huddle and father three children, who are now in their late 20s and 30s. Huddle and DeAngelo are estranged but apparently never divorced. In Roseville on Thursday, where DeAngelo&#8217;s wife lived with her children since 1997, a neighbor said that whatever kind of marriage they had, it was ugly.

&#8220;He would come by on a regular basis and scream and yell from the driveway and never step inside,&#8221; said the neighbor, who didn&#8217;t want his name used. &#8220;He and Sharon would get in epic shouting battles. It was a very volatile relationship when he came over, and it was not good. It was just very toxic.&#8221;

Looking at Joseph DeAngelo, he is very likely an injustice collector/grudge holder/grievance collector, which is all the same thing. He is very prone to anger, which often see in injustice collectors. It is all about control and need an echo chamber because they are one.

On Wound Collectors

Murderous Envy

The Dangerous Injustice Collector: Behaviors of Someone Who Never Forgets, Never Forgives, Never Lets Go, and Strikes Back!

Psychology of Terrorism - National Criminal Justice Reference Service
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/208552.PDF

Criminal And Behavioral Profiling
https://us.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/80474_Chapter_1.pdf

Injustice Collectors

1.) Injustice Collectors are convinced that they are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It is simple: They are always right.

2.) Injustice Collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3.) Injustice Collectors truly believe that they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others chronically do not hold themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4.) Injustice Collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combined legislator, police, and judge and jury of

5.) Injustice Collectors never worry about what is wrong with themselves as their "bad list" grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6.) Injustice Collectors are never upset by the disparity of their rules for others with their own expectations of themselves.

7.) Injustice Collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

Here are more with 20 characteristics
http://www.lisaescott.com/forum/2009/11/25/are-they-injustice-collector

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors

1. Injustice collectors are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It's simple: They are always right.

2. Injustice collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3. Injustice collectors truly believe they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others seem incapable of holding themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4. Injustice collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combination of legislator, police, judge and jury to those they consider their subjects. They forever banish from their kingdom any subject they deem disloyal, and only grant clemency if there is sufficient (in their eyes) contrition.

5. Injustice collectors never worry about what is wrong with them as their "bad" list grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6. Injustice collectors are never troubled by the disparity between their rules for others and their own expectations of themselves. Injustice collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

7. Injustice collectors have an external orientation; the problem always exists in the world, outside of themselves, and in their view, the world would be an acceptable place if their rules and standards were followed at all times.

8. Injustice collectors do not have a capacity for remorse, empathy or guilt.

9. Injustice collectors scoff at the idea of therapy, therapists, self-help books, and other tools used by people who struggle to live with them.

10. The phrase "walking on eggshells" describes life with an injustice collector.

11. The IC (injustice Collector) will prey upon your weaknesses to frame all issues in their terms.

12. IC's will always cry foul when you are 'mean' to them and accuse you of being nasty when you are confronting them with their negative behavior.

13. They are titanically insecure and cannot trust anyone. All relationships they have, even with their own parents and children and trustless and must be reinforced by subordination over and over.

14. They can only strengthen relationships through imprisoning their mates and banning behaviors and other relationships. Friends and family are a huge threat to the IC.

15. They must repetitively revisit situations where you service them, give in to them and agree with them. They will over time shrink your world to a small plot of empty activities that only they like. They are terrified of travel, meeting new people, understanding new concepts and paroling you from any punishment they have previously 'convicted' you of.

16. They do not care about you at all, they care about aggrandizing themselves with you as an assistant producer.

17. They will occasionally do something for you, but if you are not completely brainwashed, it will be a negative experience for you in the end. Example is throwing you a birthday party. I guarantee you will not have fun at your own party.

18. They will force you to choose between them and other things you like or love. The more you choose them, the more they will make you choose them over and over. They do not understand the concept of loyalty at all.

19. Hypocrisy is their modus operandi for debating and arguing with you. Everything they say about you is true about them. (aka Projection) It makes it so you try to 'win' fights by getting them to agree with you, which they never can because their whole position is false.

20. Your life will disappear into their lives. Your hopes and dreams will fade, even in your own mind. You will eat what they want, you will watch what they want on TV, you will vacation where they want, or not at all.

DeAngelo shows all 20 characteristics of an injustice collector.

Websleuth Radio Interview Tina Meier
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/09/30/tricias-true-crime-radio-adult-cyber-bullying

ID Web Of Lies-Friend Request
https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/web-of-lies/full-episodes/friend-request

Tina Meier's description of Lori Drew starts at the 20:40 mark. Tina Meier is Megan's mother who was harassed to suicide by Drew. Lori Drew is a constant complainer and very bitter. In ID Web Of Lies Friend Request and Tina Meier said Lori and Sarah Drew had trouble fitting in, which points to social alienation. They are known to be busybodies and outcasts. This does suggest that James DeAngelo has a lot of issues of social alienation and resentment.

James DeAngelo and Lori Drew are similar to Jodi Arias, Yoselyn Ortega, Mark Conditt, Nikolas Cruz, Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Alek Minassian, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, Anders Breivik, 9/11 Terrorists and Osama bin Laden. Injustice collectors are not just mass killers and terrorists. Serial killers, abusers, and bullies are injustice collectors as well.
Most of us have lot of these traits on that list, it doesn't make them a killer.Most of these traits are not that bad.

There is something I wanted to mention, the victims that went on TV in all the documentaries over the last few years before he was caught - very very brave women, he was still out there, knowing how he called victims years after the attack (in one case it was 24 years after the attack), how he was still keeping track of at least some of them years and decades later, they still sat down in front of a TV camera to tell their story. Probably also knowing that he is watching. I could never be that brave.

I am playing catchup here reading through all these posts, I apologize if this has been asked in some way, but I had listened to the excellent CaseFile podcast a while back on EARONS and was JUST starting the Criminology Podcast and with ALL THE PERSONAL ITEMS he took, what I assume were really "trophies" (driver licenses, rings, jewelry...etc...) I AM DYING TO KNOW WHEN we will be able to see any and all evidence taken from his house? I mean you just gotta think this guy had a huge box or trunk in the attic etc with ALL this stuff in it. And if he did save all this stuff what it will be like for victims or family members of the victims will do when they see it! That will be crazy....is it possible the Police Dept is submitting photos of evidence collected and its being uploaded for public view or will be at some point? I know you can login to the Minneapolis Sheriff Dept (or something) and see a ZILLION pics of the Prince crime scene. Its really incredible but also very sad (multiple shots of his body). ANyway any comments please chime in!

I suspect there probably will be some trophies, but not as many as people might think. Look at this quote on pg 67 of I'll Be Gone In The Dark:

attachment.php

It's like JJD couldn't control himself when he was in the frenzy of carrying out an attack, and HAD to steal things. But then when he left the scene of the crime reality (and his police training!) kicked in, and he decided to get rid of a lot of the items on the same night that he stole them, so that he could never be picked up while carrying them, and therefore couldn't be connected to the crimes.

My own opinions...

Attachments

• IBGITD.jpg
    IBGITD.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 381
If this dude was still making calls in 2001, no way he stopped his predatory activity. He is the top of the creepy totem pole. I think he has many more rapea, murders, assaults than they realize, yet. They have linked 2 "personas" of crime. My guess is he changes into a new persona and commits crime a little differently every time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On Wound Collectors

Murderous Envy

Injustice Collectors

Honest question; why do you post so often about injustice collectors in various WS threads? Are most killers injustice collectors?

rsff

Honest question; why do you post so often about injustice collectors in various WS threads? Are most killers injustice collectors?

rsff

I think that some people think that they have discovered the reason for everything and cannot move from that. I am sure that there are injustice collectors. but there are plenty of other motives as well. Many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1