CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
deangelo_fishing_show_only_composite.jpg

Exclusive Photos Give A Glimpse Into Golden State Killer Suspect Joseph DeAngelo’s Life

Richard Mangang met Joseph DeAngelo in 2007 at a Save Mart distribution center in Roseville, California. Mangang is a driver for the grocery store, and DeAngelo worked as a mechanic until his retirement in 2017.

They bonded over their love of fishing, and developed a friendship, fishing together at least once a week.

“If you fish you have one thing in common,” Mangang said. “I showed him how to fish with live bait, he showed me how to fish with lures.”

Sleeping In Separate Bedrooms: What We Know About Golden State Killer Suspect Joseph DeAngelo’s Marriage To Sharon Huddle

Jim Stancil befriended DeAngelo when Stancil was a teen and DeAngelo was a police officer living in Auburn. Their houses had adjoining backyards. Stancil and his friends would help DeAngelo around the house and in the garden, and DeAngelo would show off his model boats and motorbikes.

Stancil estimates he went inside DeAngelo’s house eight to 10 times. Occasionally he would see Huddle, who was going to law school.

“She would come out of the bedroom, and she was polite,” Stancil told Gosk. “From what I saw there was not a whole lot of interaction [between DeAngelo and Huddle].”

Stancil’s sister, Cheryl Brown, saw Huddle so infrequently she wasn’t aware until recently that the man she called “Crazy Cop Joe” was even married.

I think this is just an updated story. Most of this story isn't new info.

‘You Can Wear It Around Your Waist Or Around Your Neck:’ The Creepy Gift From The Golden State Killer Suspect

About two or three weeks before Christmas, Campbell was wearing a pair of pants that got loose and she had to hike up.

“He asked me, ‘What did you forget your belt? Can’t afford a belt?’” Campbell said. “He was joking around and said ‘I’ll bring you one.’”

A week later, DeAngelo brought in a gift bag and a belt from Hot Topic.

Campbell thought it was unusual that an older man was shopping at Hot Topic. Then it went from weird to scary.

“He said you can wear it around your waist or around your neck, whatever fits best,” Campbell said. “I thought it was his mean way of being funny or sarcastic.”

A review of Oxygen's pending GSK documentary.

The Golden State Killer Suspect’s Chilling Warning Signs: Tantrums, Flirtations, and Poisoned Dogs

Golden State Killer takes an engaging, in-depth look at DeAngelo’s criminal past, compiling interviews with former colleagues, neighbors, and survivors to piece together a chilling portrait of a criminal who’d often taunt his victims and didn’t hesitate to kill if necessary.

Several families who lived next to DeAngelo at different points in his life even accuse him of poisoning their dogs — DeAngelo made no secret of his hatred for the animals. The documentary is strongest in these sensationalist moments; they don’t necessarily add much to the narrative, but they do offer lurid glimpses into the life of a killer who, by many accounts, led a double life.

The Silent Victims: What Happened To The Men Who Were Tied Up During The Golden State Killer’s Rapes?

Authorities say the East Area Rapist would frequently force the woman to tie up the man, showing her exactly how he wanted them bound. Sometimes he would stack dishes on the male victim and tell them that if he heard any crash he would kill them both.

It was about control, authorities say. It also upped the challenge of his crimes to rape a woman while a man was there.

And that loss of control caused trauma.

“It would strip them of their masculinity, any bit of security that they might have thought they had,” said Carol Daly, one of the main investigators on the case during the 1970s. “No one would recognize they needed help, and they wanted nothing to do with group therapy.”

Who Is Carol Daly? A Look At The Life Of The Badass Investigator Who Worked The East Area Rapist Case

“Rape interviews are extremely difficult,” Daly said. “There are a lot of things you need to know. ‘When was the last time you had intercourse with your husband? Did you douche afterwards?’ Very personal questions that you have to ask. ‘Where did he touch you? What did he do?”

Daly would often conduct the interviews during the long hospital waits, telling herself that other officers needed her interviews to be as detailed as possible to help catch the perpetrator.

‘YOU CAN WEAR IT AROUND YOUR WAIST OR AROUND YOUR NECK:’ THE CREEPY GIFT FROM THE GOLDEN STATE KILLER SUSPECT (with clip)

"...To see more about Joseph DeAngelo, be sure to tune into “Golden State Killer: Main Suspect,” premiering on Saturday, August 4 at 7pm ET/PT on Oxygen. "

‘You Can Wear It Around Your Waist Or Around Your Neck:’ The Creepy Gift From The Golden State Killer Suspect
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the Oxygen special said he worked 8-5 most days when he was an Auburn police officer.

That makes sense. He could trawl on duty. Starting with the Visalia Ransacker series, he usually prowled and attacked after dark. Not during a specific time of night, really, but soon after dark. If it got dark earlier, there were break-ins starting at, say, 6 p.m. instead of 9:30 p.m., for example. Few attacks happened during morning's daylight hours.

This makes a whole lot of sense now. A "pedestrian" day-beat cop.

So, the Oxygen special said he worked 8-5 most days when he was an Auburn police officer.

That makes sense. He could trawl on duty. Starting with the Visalia Ransacker series, he usually prowled and attacked after dark. Not during a specific time of night, really, but soon after dark. If it got dark earlier, there were break-ins starting at, say, 6 p.m. instead of 9:30 p.m., for example. Few attacks happened during morning's daylight hours.

Make sense too, that his wife was essentially a house mate in a separate room, and wouldn't notice when he left and returned home.

I would imagine there were quite a few other cops having the same opportunity with their shifts, but not many who essentially lived alone. Too bad it never occurred to his police chief at the time.

I'll have to re- listen. I heard exactly the opposite. I heard that he was a fill-in cop and he did not have a 9 to 5 job, therefore had erratic hours.

Lol, they said Deangelo was faking it with the wheelchair.

It's very awkward and unbelievable that some of his co-workers think he's innocent. Deangelo really was a different person around men as opposed to women. He has a real rage and hatred towards women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly