CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
posted about 20 minutes ago

Visalia Ransacker Survivor Opens Up About Terrifying Attack That Left Her Father Dead

"I woke up to a man laying [sic] on top of me with a ski mask on," said Snelling-Hupp. "And I was very groggy at first, and I was thinking that it was maybe one of my younger brothers. Then when I heard his voice, it was kind of this low, whispery growl, and he said to not scream or he would stab me to death."

She continued, "He said I was coming with him, and that's when I saw the gun. He led me out of the hosue and he told me to shut up or he would kill me. That's when I looked in the house and I saw my dad had come through the kitchen."

Claude then let out a roar and charged toward his daughter's abductor. The Ransacker pushed Snelling-Hupp to the ground before shooting Claude twice.

I'll have to re- listen. I heard exactly the opposite. I heard that he was a fill-in cop and he did not have a 9 to 5 job, therefore had erratic hours.

OK, I misheard. Thank you, Dixie.

long workweeks, 3-4 days off, which was not the normal 8-5 type shift.

Last edited:
I just rewatched on the 10 to 12 broadcast, thank you the person who said it was going to be repeated, and the quote from the Auburn Chief, Willis, was in his exact words

" when he originally came to the police department, he worked a relief schedule and sometimes the officer would work 6 or 7 days and get 3 or 4 days off in a row."

He never said whether he was working the day shift or the night shift. And I was incorrect earlier saying he had erratic hours.

I miscommunicated my interpretation of a relief shift when I wrote it. That's what I get for not quoting exactly. Sorry!

ETA: I thought it was very interesting that still, to this day, on the program they were saying that there is a spot as to not knowing where he was working or what he was doing. The years that we have been asking about they're saying is still under investigation but have not said. That is so very interesting to me.

ETA #2: my hinkie meter is going up as to why they have never released or found or published of where he was during those Missing Years. How could a case as big as this not have investigative journalists or even police state where he was or what he was doing.

The only thing right now that is coming to mind, this late at night, is that it is due to HIPAA reasons they can't release it. Could that be something I don't want to go to? But for nine years to have a medical HIPAA privacy issue? That just does not make sense and I really want to know where he was.

Last edited:
Golden State Killer: Main Suspect
"In “Golden State Killer: Main Suspect,” Gosk will travel from town to town throughout California to meet with those who thought they knew DeAngelo best and will attempt to unravel the surprising and chilling juxtaposition of his suspected two lives. As Gosk retraces pivotal moments and uncovers fascinating touchpoints from DeAngelo’s life, viewers will be catapulted into his psyche and learn what could have led him to allegedly transform him into the Golden State Killer."

In the Oxygen special, they mentioned that one of his daughters was born in LA, so he and his family did live in that area for a time during the early to mid 80's. As mentioned above, they say they're still investigating where he was working, etc. then but can't yet say.

Perhaps they don't want to reveal too much prior to the trial. JMO, it's likely very important for them to be able to make a solid case against him in the southern Cali murders. Can't blame them. It would be frustrating after all these years to find him, then lose the case based on some procedural issue.

OK, I misheard. Thank you, Dixie.

long workweeks, 3-4 days off, which was not the normal 8-5 type shift.

Yeah, his neighbors back then said he had very strange hours, but no one ever questioned it because he was a cop. It was also interesting that his co-workers in the Auburn PD said he was an unremarkable officer. Didn't do anything special, didn't work to solve a lot of cases or excel in any way. Just showed up and did his job. Most likely didn't want to draw attention to himself or his criminal activity.

I'm amazed at how much energy it took took to maintain his schedule, how he could compartmentalize everything. He was obsessed, addicted to his criminal activity. He must have been spending all his work hours just trolling around, planning his next crime. Seems similar to a lot of serial killers in that he spent a lot of time driving around, stalking victims, casing homes, choosing escape routes. I guess the planning is part of the "thrill" for these monsters.

LE will be learning a lot from his methods, habits, background, etc.

I just rewatched on the 10 to 12 broadcast, thank you the person who said it was going to be repeated, and the quote from the Auburn Chief, Willis, was in his exact words

" when he originally came to the police department, he worked a relief schedule and sometimes the officer would work 6 or 7 days and get 3 or 4 days off in a row."

He never said whether he was working the day shift or the night shift. And I was incorrect earlier saying he had erratic hours.

I miscommunicated my interpretation of a relief shift when I wrote it. That's what I get for not quoting exactly. Sorry!

ETA: I thought it was very interesting that still, to this day, on the program they were saying that there is a spot as to not knowing where he was working or what he was doing. The years that we have been asking about they're saying is still under investigation but have not said. That is so very interesting to me.

ETA #2: my hinkie meter is going up as to why they have never released or found or published of where he was during those Missing Years. How could a case as big as this not have investigative journalists or even police state where he was or what he was doing.

The only thing right now that is coming to mind, this late at night, is that it is due to HIPAA reasons they can't release it. Could that be something I don't want to go to? But for nine years to have a medical HIPAA privacy issue? That just does not make sense and I really want to know where he was.

Do you think he was institutionalized? Couldn't they discuss that during the trial?
Yeah, his neighbors back then said he had very strange hours, but no one ever questioned it because he was a cop. It was also interesting that his co-workers in the Auburn PD said he was an unremarkable officer. Didn't do anything special, didn't work to solve a lot of cases or excel in any way. Just showed up and did his job. Most likely didn't want to draw attention to himself or his criminal activity.

I'm amazed at how much energy it took took to maintain his schedule, how he could compartmentalize everything. He was obsessed, addicted to his criminal activity. He must have been spending all his work hours just trolling around, planning his next crime. Seems similar to a lot of serial killers in that he spent a lot of time driving around, stalking victims, casing homes, choosing escape routes. I guess the planning is part of the "thrill" for these monsters.

LE will be learning a lot from his methods, habits, background, etc.

Seemed like he had the perfect alibi, erratic odd work hours, a busy wife in law school. She had zero time for him. Slept in separate rooms. No idea if he was sneaking in or out all hours of the night.
She may not care where he was as long as he left her alone. Didn't sound like a very close, loving relationship.

My thoughts on why they are taking longer to track this time period down, I believe this was after he lost his PO job in Auburn for the shoplifting:

- maybe he wasn't working to lay low after the embarrassment (didn't want to answer questions on the shoplifting) or he could not get a job because of the way he left the Auburn PD

- he may not have needed to work - if his wife had graduated law school, and her getting a job was the reason for the move south, maybe she made enough money for them to get by

- because of having to answer questions on a job app regarding the shoplifting/leaving the Auburn PD, he could have been working at a no questions asked/pays cash kind of job, which would have no records

If he was working and it was a legit employer, it would be in his social security record.

My thoughts on why they are taking longer to track this time period down, I believe this was after he lost his PO job in Auburn for the shoplifting:

- maybe he wasn't working to lay low after the embarrassment (didn't want to answer questions on the shoplifting) or he could not get a job because of the way he left the Auburn PD

- he may not have needed to work - if his wife had graduated law school, and her getting a job was the reason for the move south, maybe she made enough money for them to get by

- because of having to answer questions on a job app regarding the shoplifting/leaving the Auburn PD, he could have been working at a no questions asked/pays cash kind of job, which would have no records

If he was working and it was a legit employer, it would be in his social security record.

To me, it still begs the question why an investigative journalist or law enforcement hasn't said what he was doing during those years.

In the Oxygen special, they mentioned that one of his daughters was born in LA, so he and his family did live in that area for a time during the early to mid 80's. As mentioned above, they say they're still investigating where he was working, etc. then but can't yet say.

Perhaps they don't want to reveal too much prior to the trial. JMO, it's likely very important for them to be able to make a solid case against him in the southern Cali murders. Can't blame them. It would be frustrating after all these years to find him, then lose the case based on some procedural issue.

I have wondered if he was working at a hospital or medical facility because his victims during those years had connections regarding that. Eg. Were nurses, students, doctors or patients.

In one of the crimes he stole a medical bag and contents too.

Perhaps he was a mechanic for hospital ambulances or something like that. Or was a regular attendee for medical reasons.

Last edited:
He may have been a stay-at-home dad during those years, as the children would have been young.

That may be the case, but I still stand with my question.

Why has not a media Outlet said what he was doing the for those so many years?

If he was a stay-at-home dad, I would think an investigative journalist would have said something.

But not one media Outlet, in this whole story, has exposed such. Why?

That may be the case, but I still stand with my question.

Why has not a media Outlet said what he was doing the for those so many years?

If he was a stay-at-home dad, I would think an investigative journalist would have said something.

But not one media Outlet, in this whole story, has exposed such. Why?

It's strange isn't it? It must be known what he was doing but no hint at all. It must be important to the investigation if they are not sharing it. I also wonder if it has anything to do with his non secretor status, which is partly the reason he went unidentified for so long.

It's strange isn't it? It must be known what he was doing but no hint at all. It must be important to the investigation if they are not sharing it. I also wonder if it has anything to do with his non secretor status, which is partly the reason he went unidentified for so long.
The only things I have heard Paul Holes mention in one of the latest shows about DeAngelo's known whereabouts and activities between 1979 and 1990 (besides, of course, his crimes) is:

1- DeAngelo was living in So Cal at some point during that time period, though Holes didn't say where exactly or from when to when or if he lived with relatives or not.

2- The daughter that was born in 1986 was born in... oh, damn I forget. Long Beach? (I don't think he said Whittier, but he may have)

2- DeAngelo did, however, buy a handgun in Whittier. (I think in 1987)

Will L.E. say what they know when they know, or will they wait for the trial? That might be three or more years, and I wanna know sooner rather than later. Well, I'm sure all inquiring minds wanna know sooner rather than later.

One question, though, regarding your post... if DeAngelo were a "secreter", how would that help L.E. identify him any sooner than they did if his DNA wasn't in any databases for L.E. to compare to? Thanks.

The only things I have heard Paul Holes mention in one of the latest shows about DeAngelo's known whereabouts and activities between 1979 and 1990 (besides, of course, his crimes) is:

1- DeAngelo was living in So Cal at some point during that time period, though Holes didn't say where exactly or from when to when or if he lived with relatives or not.

2- The daughter that was born in 1986 was born in... oh, damn I forget. Long Beach? (I don't think he said Whittier, but he may have)

2- DeAngelo did, however, buy a handgun in Whittier. (I think in 1987)

Will L.E. say what they know when they know, or will they wait for the trial? That might be three or more years, and I wanna know sooner rather than later. Well, I'm sure all inquiring minds wanna know sooner rather than later.

One question, though, regarding your post... if DeAngelo were a "secreter", how would that help L.E. identify him any sooner than they did if his DNA wasn't in any databases for L.E. to compare to? Thanks.
GGK was a non- secretor which is quite rare. rbbm.
Why did it take so long to arrest the Golden State Killer suspect? Interagency rivalries, old technology, errors and bad luck
"But some of the reticence to share information stemmed in part from the theory the attacker was a cop, Phillips said."
“We couldn’t be sure about the guy voluntering from the neighboring agencies,” Phillips said. “There was concern about sharing information because let’s face it, ‘loose lips sink ships.’”

"Investigators eventually formed a regional task force including Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies and city police, along with investigators from Davis and Contra Costa County. New members were given blood tests to ensure they weren’t the rapist."

In a way, the group’s wariness proved apt — DeAngelo was working as a police officer in Auburn, just a 20-minute drive north up Interstate 80.

"Forensic science was still evolving. Crime scene analysis could pull a blood type or determine whether someone was not a “secretor” — an unusual genetic trait of not secreting blood type in saliva — but little more was available."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard