CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't become a cop for a third time did he during those missing years?

With all the shocking things we’re learning in this seemingly infinitely shocking case ... it just makes your question all the more plausible. *shivers*

I believe he was involved in some law enforcement or quasi law-enforcement capacity. Police, security, private investigator ...

What an angry man!:(:(
Besides the many alleged crimes, he must have had numerous ugly incidents throughout his life, where his anger was a major problem.
Probably now in prison, the wardens will experience this: unless he now acts, as a 'frail man', who only recently WAS NOT: bike rides, building a table etc.
Hope he is given cheese :D and this is recorded.
If only they had advised the neighborhoods to stock nothing but dairy and cheese in their fridges...o_O

With all the shocking things we’re learning in this seemingly infinitely shocking case ... it just makes your question all the more plausible. *shivers*

I believe he was involved in some law enforcement or quasi law-enforcement capacity. Police, security, private investigator ...
Even if another county police was not aware of his sacking... if they started to test blood type for new hires, I don't think he would dare to apply.

Security sounds right:)

Private investigator? A bit ironic:eek: but he sure was good at stalking...

Connecting the dots in the search for a California serial killer

I'm sure this has probably been posted before but I hadn't seen it. It explains they had hunches the EAR was connected to the other rapes and murders but it was not finally confirmed until 2001.

I don't know if knowing his blood type would have helped identify him any more than discovering any medical issue tied to him being a non secretor.

Is their some kind of rare "non secretor" disease that would have helped LE identify DeAngelo sooner?

I'm pretty sure he ate cheese out of one of the victim's fridge. Didn't even slice it, just gnawed on the block like a rat. I don't know why I remembered that. lol
Wondering if they kept the leftover cheese for the purpose of comparing teeth impressions left in the cheese to the then unknown perp? speculation.

In the show just broadcast last week, there was a segment of an officer talking about the assailant eating ice cream while he was there. Isn't ice cream also mostly carbs?

Wondering if they kept the leftover cheese for the purpose of comparing teeth impressions left in the cheese to the then unknown perp? speculation.

Good thinking. It would be a little mouldy and ripe by now.:p Maybe they made a plaster model of it? Mind you, he may have false teeth now but they would have dental records.

Police ‘confident’ Golden State Killer committed 1975 murder of Claude Snelling | Watch News Videos Online

'Golden State Killer' is charged with 1975 murder of Claude Snelling | Daily Mail Online

So glad they have charged him for Prof Schnelling's 1975 murder- the first known murder, 43 years ago.

The evidence does not include DNA but other physical evidence, including identification apparently. (Possibly footprints, MO, description and ballistics IMO)
Maybe evidence found in his house. Can't wait to learn all they discovered.

Scheduled for Aug 21, 2018
"District attorneys from throughout the state will convene in Orange County on Tuesday to provide an update on prosecution of the Golden State Killer suspect, raising speculation the defendant's first trial may be held in Santa Ana. Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas has been in negotiations with prosecutors from various counties involved in the case to determine where to hold the first trial of 72-year-old Joseph DeAngelo of Citrus Heights, who is charged in Orange County with four counts of murder with special circumstances allegations of multiple murders, murder by lying in wait, murder during rape, robbery and burglary. Tuesday's news conference is expected to include top prosecutors Diana Becton of Contra Costa, Anne Marie Schubert of Sacramento, Joyce E. Dudley of Santa Barbara, Tim Ward of Tulare and Gregory D. Totten of Ventura."

The entire case will be tried in Sacramento County. Next court date will reflect that--this Thursday at 1:00 pm. Not really looking forward to the media circus it will create here, but glad that it's moving forward at least.

The entire case will be tried in Sacramento County. Next court date will reflect that--this Thursday at 1:00 pm. Not really looking forward to the media circus it will create here, but glad that it's moving forward at least.
I knew Anne Marie Schubert wouldn’t let it leave her jurisdiction. It will be a zoo like the Unabomber trial was.

Hi - "where" are you getting this court date? Is in that video - which won't play for me. I have his next hearing on 9/5.

TIA!

edited to add -never mind - found this on the Sheriff's link

Next Court Date 8/23/2018 at 1:30 PM.

link: Sacramento County Sheriff's Department

Thanks for the update cb73!

Police ‘confident’ Golden State Killer committed 1975 murder of Claude Snelling | Watch News Videos Online

'Golden State Killer' is charged with 1975 murder of Claude Snelling | Daily Mail Online

So glad they have charged him for Prof Schnelling's 1975 murder- the first known murder, 43 years ago.

The evidence does not include DNA but other physical evidence, including identification apparently. (Possibly footprints, MO, description and ballistics IMO)

So glad to hear they're doing this. The recent article, with the interview with the daughter, was just heart breaking. He saved her life and lost his own. Looking forward to this trial, too. JMO, it's a good idea for prosecutors to file their own charges and pursue trial, in case there are problems getting guilty verdicts in other jurisdictions.

Looks like they are going to have one trial in Sacramento.

Golden State Killer suspect Joseph James DeAngelo will be tried in a single trial - CNN

Prosecutors in six counties filed an amended felony complaint in Sacramento Superior Court that combined the previous cases against DeAngelo in those counties. Those charges include 13 counts of murder with special circumstances, including murder committed during the course of a burglary and rape, prosecutors said.
The amended complaint also includes 13 new charges of kidnapping to commit robbery, with sentencing enhancements for using a firearm and a knife during those alleged crimes, authorities said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly