CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Rader's family members were curious about the shed, but were afraid of facing his anger. They would have had to break the lock on the shed and he would have known. Even if they did this and saw the items in the shed, they had no clue he was BTK and probably wouldn't have put two and two together.

I cannot imagine my dad having a locked room or shed that no one was allowed in. Children are crafty shocked they didn't sneak the key and take a peek if they did they still might not understand all the junk he had in there.
A big red flag a souse having a locked shed, rooms, basement or storage units. Not a good idea married to someone whose anger frightened you and your family.

ETA: Maybe I was a snoopy child! If my dad locked something I'd find a way to unlock it. It was a challenge. My poor parents! lol.

Thanks, "sunnybree", but what do you mean by "ETA: Check our Ch 47 specifically, where a detailed list of what was found at Rader’s house was documented."??

What is "our Ch 47"?

Maybe “check out chapter 47”?

Okay, I'm just gonna ask...

Didn't JJD have step-brother (by marriage/they did not share a bio parent) who died in 1984 (MJB - age 30 in Whittier, CA)?

IF so did they know each other, attend same school/s? What was JJD doing in '84?

I'm NOT suggesting anything nefarious on the part of the step-brother. I'm simply trying to connect possible dots between JJD's crimes and the (young) death of step sibling.

No, I don't have links to substantiate my query. So, delete if you must, MODS :shame:

https://santamariatimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/to-catch-a-killer-orcutt-man-recalls-working-golden-state/article_36578021-03d3-5954-843b-6fd7138f6965.html

To catch a killer: Orcutt man recalls working Golden State Killer cases in Goleta
May 13, 2018

"Minutes after arriving at the scene of the brutal murders
of Cheri Domingo and Gregory Sanchez nearly 37 years ago,
Orcutt resident and forensic analyst Doug Coleman said
he knew their deaths were the work of a law enforcement officer.

“I kept thinking to myself that the suspect had to be someone
with law enforcement experience,” said Coleman,
who retired in 2008. "We all noticed that there wasn’t
much evidence left behind in both the Sanchez/Domingo murders
and the Dr. Robert Offerman and Alexandria Manning
shootings two years before that,” he said.
“However, after both, we knew that it had to be the same suspect.”

con't

"There was no evidence of cleanup when he processed the crime scene, Coleman said, adding “It was eerie how nothing was left behind."

Many times during crimes of passion — when someone’s brutally beaten, murdered — a lot of stuff happens to the assailant, "where the mind goes berserk,” said Coleman. “It’s pretty common where the suspect sometimes throws up, or has some natural reaction, or absentmindedly leaves stuff everywhere. This suspect pretty much avoided all of that in both these murders.”

con't

"There was no evidence of cleanup when he processed the crime scene, Coleman said, adding “It was eerie how nothing was left behind."

Many times during crimes of passion — when someone’s brutally beaten, murdered — a lot of stuff happens to the assailant, "where the mind goes berserk,” said Coleman. “It’s pretty common where the suspect sometimes throws up, or has some natural reaction, or absentmindedly leaves stuff everywhere. This suspect pretty much avoided all of that in both these murders.”

Matches the working of a psychopath.

"This is one of the situations when they call you in the middle of the night, midnight, and give you the news that your daughter has just been murdered."

She was in Cancun, Mexico with her husband and son, just a baby at the time, when the call came in, changing their lives forever.

"The first thing you think of is, I want to go home and help my daughter, but she’s not alive, but that’s the first thing a mother thinks, oh I want to go home real quick and help her … but, you can’t."

She was 3,000 miles away and helpless.

"I cried on the airplane. Everybody on the airplane felt bad for me and my little son was running through the aisles. My husband finally held him, but yea, I cried all the way home."

Well, that just breaks my heart. I have 2 children and cannot imagine a worse thing in the human experience than losing a child, much less under these circumstances. So many tragedies associated with this scum.

BTK had a locked shed in the back of the property. No one was allowed in it. The whole family obeyed that rule. I can think of no reason for a spouse to have a private, locked, shed—no reason that isn’t nefarious. A shed. Who does that???
I don’t recall the shed, but he had a false bottom in a drawer, he also kept stuff in the attic, and he kept a lot of stuff in his office at work. I don’t know what his bosses felt when they found out, but you will note that it is rarely queried why no one ever went through his work drawers, even though anything kept there would not come with a right to privacy. I think that an important parallel can be drawn here though, between the BTK case and this one - the wife doesn’t always “know”. It is possible for these types of criminals to hide a secret life.

con't

It's definitely appalling to know that this monster had been a Police Officer. Frightening on so many levels!

Thanks, "sunnybree", but what do you mean by "ETA: Check our Ch 47 specifically, where a detailed list of what was found at Rader’s house was documented."??

What is "our Ch 47"?
Sorry, check out Ch 47.

yes, I'm aware. But I'm shocked we don't know of any psychopath stalking or hunting other predators why prey on the innocent or the weak?

Dexter is a crypto-fascist fantasy, designed to appeal to that part of us which fantasises about horrible punishments being inflicted on people who have committed despicable crimes. In reality, serial killers are deeply anti-social, the last thing they would ever do is hunt other predators. Its hurting, defiling and killing the innocent and the weak which gets them off.

Yes, exactly Cappuccino! The entire "concept" of a serial killer is feeling powerful...they usually don't want a full-on challenge....they want to get into a situation that they know they are going to win. Dexter is just a show, not real life. It's not how any known SKs operate. But who knows, we are learning more every day. It's *possible* there's people like that out there....but I think it is very highly improbable, from what we know now.

I know it's hard for us normal people to wrap our heads around, but SKs get pure joy from watching weaker people in pain and suffering. It's sick and makes no sense.

Sorry if this is already posted upthread. It’s a pretty decent read.

To catch a killer: Orcutt man recalls working Golden State Killer cases in Goleta

https://syvnews.com/news/local/crim...cle_f15e50af-1838-5b97-aa75-faec6bc7faa4.html

From the link:

At the time of the Goleta murders Coleman, a county forensic investigator and Santa Maria Police crime lab supervisor, was working full time at the criminalistics lab at the Sheriff’s Office.

Coleman said he remembers the day he was called to the home of Domingo and Sanchez in July 1981 to process the crime scene.

Because the DeAngelo investigation is ongoing and more charges may be filed, Coleman said he couldn't share additional details. But, he said, it was clear to those who investigated the Domingo/Sanchez case that the suspect had to have law enforcement background.

Yes, exactly Cappuccino! The entire "concept" of a serial killer is feeling powerful...they usually don't want a full-on challenge....they want to get into a situation that they know they are going to win. Dexter is just a show, not real life. It's not how any known SKs operate. But who knows, we are learning more every day. It's *possible* there's people like that out there....but I think it is very highly improbable, from what we know now.

I know it's hard for us normal people to wrap our heads around, but SKs get pure joy from watching weaker people in pain and suffering. It's sick and makes no sense.

100 percent agree. Anyone else here read the short story The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell?

https://fiction.eserver.org/short/the_most_dangerous_game

“Life is for the strong, to be lived by the strong, and, if need, taken by the strong. The weak of the world were put here to give the strong pleasure. I am strong. Why should I not use my gift? If I wish to hunt, why should I not? I hunt the scum of the earth—sailors from tramp ships—lascars, blacks, Chinese, whites, mongrels—a thoroughbred horse or hound is worth more than a score of them."

Chilling.

BBM
And my favourite show, at that!

Court Monday morning -
https://www.sacsheriff.com/inmate_information/SearchNames.aspx
Inmate Name DEANGELO, JOSEPH JAMES
Next Court Date 5/14/2018 at 8:30 AM.

https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/news/2018/05/11/golden-state-killer-joseph-james-deangelo-california-trial-location-undecided/603951002/
Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, is due back in court Monday morning in Sacramento.

Court Monday morning -
https://www.sacsheriff.com/inmate_information/SearchNames.aspx
Inmate Name DEANGELO, JOSEPH JAMES
Next Court Date 5/14/2018 at 8:30 AM.

https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/news/2018/05/11/golden-state-killer-joseph-james-deangelo-california-trial-location-undecided/603951002/
Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, is due back in court Monday morning in Sacramento.

Tomorrow morning could be interesting. I also see his jail record is still showing 0 visits. I wonder if that is correct?

I believe it is because the source of the article is Buzzfeed. I also have issues with the "source". It's not mainstream media. That said, the article quotes the nephew and former brother-in-law of JJD and they are attributed with providing the information.
i pretty much always dismiss anything from Buzzfeed... lol it's borderline reliable at best

Lots of questions with JJD, but one thing I'm wondering is how he was able to buy a house in 1980? He was fired by the Auburn PD in July 1979 and there are no apparent employment records for him from that date until 1991. Also, in 1980, I'm pretty sure his wife was still in law school. She graduated in 1982.

I've read he got a VA loan on the house. If we assume he got a break on the interest rate and more relaxed underwriting requirements because he was a veteran, it would have to be a HUGE break as the banking industry was in a state of crisis and the average mortgage interest rate in April of 1980 was 16.32%. If she was in school and he wasn't employed, how did they qualify for a mortgage and how did they afford the mortgage payments?

Also, 1980 is the year the serial murders began to occur in southern California. WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1