CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn’t send in my kit after my friend asked me ‘what if an insurance company uses the info”.

I had never thought about that angle and its a valid concern. Insurance companies are always looking for ways to exclude from having to pay claims and having to insure certain classes of people that they would deem a high risk pool.

Its scary to think about all the possibilities. For all we know insurance companies may already be denying coverage to certain people with a generic excuse when really they may know something about the applicant.

I try to avoid all databases anyway whenever I can mainly because of all the hackers that constantly trying to hack into various databases. Even if they claim they wont ever give access to anyone it doesnt mean they wont be hacked some day and the database ends up in the wrong hands.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/joseph-deangelo-mother-father-kathleen-bosanko/
[h=1]Joseph James DeAngelo’s Mother & Father: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know[/h]
DeAngelo was married in 1973 to his only wife, Sharon Huddle, a Sacramento-area lawyer from whom he is estranged. They had three daughters together, one of whom is a doctor and one of whom is a graduate student at a California university
[h=2]2. Joseph DeAngelo’s Mother Was Remembered as a ‘Beautiful Person & a Wonderful Mother[/h]

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/us/article/Accused-serial-rapist-and-killer-undetected-12865643.php

Farrel Ward, 75, served on the Exeter Police Department with DeAngelo. Ward called him a "black sheep," saying he was quiet and didn't fit in with other officers.
[....]
Ward said he thought DeAngelo was overqualified for the small-town job because he graduated from Sacramento State with a degree in criminal justice.
"He knew everything about everything, but he didn't have common sense about him," Ward said.
A degree in criminal justice!
Wow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I found this interesting:

"Investigators eventually homed in on him after getting a partial DNA match with his brother – a convicted rapist with DNA in the system." His brother? A convicted rapist. Don't think I've read this anywhere before.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209908769.html#storylink=cpy

Looks like this part of the article is referencing finding a different killer

"A familial DNA match led to the arrest of Sacramento’s “Roaming Rapist,” Derek Sanders. He attacked women and two teenage girls between 1998 to 2003.

Investigators eventually homed in on him after getting a partial DNA match with his brother – a convicted rapist with DNA in the system. Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies followed him to a fast-food restaurant and collected his garbage to obtain a DNA sample from a straw he had used. That sample matched DNA from the crime scene.

Sanders was sentenced to 396 years to life in 2014."

"Investigators eventually homed in on him after getting a partial DNA match with his brother – a convicted rapist with DNA in the system." His brother? A convicted rapist. Don't think I've read this anywhere before.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209908769.html#storylink=cpy
Different case.

A familial DNA match led to the arrest of*Sacramento’s “Roaming Rapist,”*Derek Sanders. He attacked women and two teenage girls between 1998 to 2003.
Investigators eventually homed in on him after getting a partial DNA match with his brother – a convicted rapist...
http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209908769.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2018/04/26/copy-story-share-hate-you-bonnie/556977002/
As traumatizing as the engagement breakup may have been, DeAngelo went on to marry Huddle and father three children, who are now in their late 20s and 30s. Huddle and DeAngelo are estranged but apparently never divorced. In Roseville on Thursday, where DeAngelo’s wife lived with her children since 1997, a neighbor said that whatever kind of marriage they had, it was ugly.

“He would come by on a regular basis and scream and yell from the driveway and never step inside,” said the neighbor, who didn’t want his name used. “He and Sharon would get in epic shouting battles. It was a very volatile relationship when he came over, and it was not good. It was just very toxic.”

https://twitter.com/CrispinBurke/status/989633685723975680

I wonder if one day in the future, an offender might send someone's else's swab into one of theses genealogy sites to deliberately throw law enforcement off the trail? Or worse yet set up someone else?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

There was a case in San Diego like that, but it was a guy being DNA for paternity and used someone else saliva somehow then I think he killed the mother. And maybe the kid? I can’t remember the name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I know about my own childhood abuse and having seen 23 therapists, rage against the mother can be strong too when she didn't protect against the father. What's up with his father moving to Korea? Is there a Korea, California?

Nope.

This was about a different person they started discussing towards the end of the article. Easy to miss. Reading online articles with ads constantly changing and various things emphasized in blue as clickable links drives me crazy! I love it when they have “reader view” available.

On a random note, shouldn’t the term be “honed” in rather than “homed” in?

https://twitter.com/CrispinBurke/status/989633685723975680

I wonder if one day in the future, an offender might send someone's else's swab into one of theses genealogy sites to deliberately throw law enforcement off the trail? Or worse yet set up someone else?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
I have always wondered about revengeful identical twins...or what if you donate hair for a wig or some sociopath was a hair dresser and used clients hair to complicate a crimescene?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There was a case in San Diego like that, but it was a guy being DNA for paternity and used someone else saliva somehow then I think he killed the mother. And maybe the kid? I can’t remember the name

The most amazing case I remember where someone tried to fool blood and DNA testing was the doctor that implanted someone else's blood inside a small vial in his own arm under the skin. They finally caught him when a smart nurse noticed the blood sample she drew didnt seem fresh enough. That and the persistence of one of the victims who knew what he did to her and didnt give up trying to prove it.

"John Schneeberger (born 1961) is a North Rhodesian-born former physician who drugged and raped one of his female patients and his stepdaughter while a physician in Canada. For years he evaded arrest by planting a fake blood sample inside his own body to confound DNA tests."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Schneeberger

I know, but the compulsion doesn't stop.

Rewatching the last episode of the HLN/CNN special they noted that he tried to take Snelling with him; he told her to be quiet and come with him. So based on that I believe the way he committed rapes definitely could have changed at some point after or during 1986.

This makes me wonder if GEDmatch provided LE access to their database. GEDmatch is a free site with some pay features and it has a lot of users. Many of the features are free, so many who have uploaded their DNA into GEDmatch are not paid subscribers.

A few years ago, I uploaded my DNA into GEDmatch and was assigned a kit number. I recently tried to delete my DNA from GEDmatch, but only my kit number was deleted and I discovered that GEDmatch will forever have my raw dna.

There are many people who have posted their family trees to GEDmatch as well and it appears LE used family trees as they looked into DeAngelo. My experience is that there are people from all over the world who use GEDmatch, and with Ancestry, my experience has been that it is mostly people from the USA.

I'm a paid subscriber of Ancestry.com and from an income stream standpoint, they have paid subscribers and they sell dna kits. My understanding is that Ancestry.com is also owned by the LDS church. GEDmatch is kind of a mystery. It is said that two men own it and use their own money to operate it and they also use volunteers to help run the site. It's interesting, but they have a huge DNA database and it comes from people who have had their DNA tested by other companies, and who want to get more detail than the other companies provide..

An article upthread, I forget which, said it was Gedmatch. I think it was the mercurynews one that referenced Bonnie in the title

Did LE ever release he was upset with someone name Bonnie?
That combined with "gonna kill you" narrowed down his identity greatly.
"Gonna" is how New Yorkers say " going to".
Hes originally from NY.

Lots of people say "gonna" instead of "going to", it's not just people from New York (he was from Bath, NY) but I believe he had a different/remarkable accent for the area; this is why he sometimes used fake accents when calling victims.

I knew it. I called it. I said the other day when they arrested him- he got caught from an Ancestrydna test. Although they haven’t said it as that specific dna website (23&me denied it)- I would put money on it -that it was. Ancestry.com is the biggest. you’re agreeing to their terms when you sign up for it. You can deny medical dna testing by companies/drug companies. But you’re agreeing to other people using your Dna like LE. I knew it. Zodiac, LISK, and all the other killers out there better watch out. You can hide- but one day- 1 ancestry account is gonna get you caught. https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/us/golden-state-killer.amp.html

Thank you! Now it makes sense what they were saying about new technology to track people. Ancestral DNA searching is relatively new isn't it?

Wow. I'm so glad he lived to be captured.

Strangely this was also mentioned at the end of the last episode of the HLN/CNN special. That although the "laws are in flux" familial comparisons are possible in criminal cases. Makes me think they found this dna link earlier or at least thought about that avenue. jmo Maybe not. Just something that stood out to me.

I have always wondered about revengeful identical twins...or what if you donate hair for a wig or some sociopath was a hair dresser and used clients hair to complicate a crimescene?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It is my understanding, that DNA is only present in the root ball of a strand of hair. So having your hair cut for donation should not include DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member