CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think youre right. I bet he had some type of contractor job. they say he retired from the save mart distribution center last year, where he worked for 27 years. that means he worked there since 1990. so, between 79-90 he worked somewhere else.

I feel like it's possible he did work with machinery like cranes on construction sites. I remember one article said his father made overhead doors. I also think at the grocery distribution center he retired from he may have been a forklift or overhead door repairman or something like that, something easily translatable to a similar job in construction.

I had read that LE had turned HIS dna before to then ancestry dna sites before but never got a hit until 6 days ago. Just something I’m throwing out there since I’m reading people’s comments with questions along these lines.

I read that Ancestry has a disclaimer that states they cooperate with LE. Also that they release data regarding the number of times they cooperate. Maybe I read that on this thread. The cool part is, you don't even need to alert the family that you're using their tree. Ancestry OWNS all the trees. When you leave, your tree material stays. So if they found a first cousin match or a sibling match, they could use many other means of elimination to track their guy. The relative is probably still clueless. I was just on there. Lots of his mother's family, with lots of information.

From looking into it myself, they also own your dna profile. when they caught BTK they had used a sample from his daughter's pap smear. the hospital owned the sample.

Curious to see y’all comment on what you think- do any of the other websluethers out there think he is going to spill his guts about all the details? I have a feeling he is going to get his jollies off one more time reliving all the gory details -like BTK and other serial killers have done after getting caught. Do y’all think that too? I’m also curious if he kept all the trophies at his house. He seems like the type of guy that would have it right there. It will be interesting to know if he ever gave some of the Jewelry to the women in his life -including the daughters. This guy seems twisted like that.

I'm glad they double-checked to match his DNA. There are more than a few newbies on the genealogy web sites who are prone to errors. It's referred to as "hit and run" genealogy research. They get names wrong, link up the wrong relatives with similar names, etc. Another reason why LE and the courts should be very, very cautious when using these online DNA databases.

Even Ancestry.com cautions people that DNA matches Ancestry.com's site ranks as a "Good" or lower may not actually be your relative, just someone with similar DNA. I have hundreds of matches to my DNA there that are probably not related to me. Any good genealogist knows you have to validate everything back to a common ancestor through public records (census, marriage, wills/probate), etc. I recently discovered I'm related to Debbie Reynolds. Going back to validate everything, I came across some fairly atrocious genealogy research people had done in trying to link themselves to her.

Jeez, I hope I don't have any serial killers in my family tree.

The high degree of error in genealogical research as well as some new findings that the dna analyses may not be as accurate as the company claims are things people have to keep in mind, especially as all humans have upwards of 99%of total DNA in common; people can be analyzed as related but most likely are not.
Now I'm going to set my tree to private.

My understanding is that Ancestry.com is also owned by the LDS church.

I wrote a paper over Ancestry DNA cases for my biotech class and my memory is really bad but I think ancestry.com used to be another company and had absorbed the dna database that the LDS had been using to trace ancestry. Ancestry.com is not owned by the LDS afaik.

Curious to see y’all comment on what you think- do any of the other websluethers out there think he is going to spill his guts about all the details? I have a feeling he is going to get his jollies off one more time reliving all the gory details -like BTK and other serial killers have done after getting caught. Do y’all think that too? I’m also curious if he kept all the trophies at his house. He seems like the type of guy that would have it right there. It will be interesting to know if he ever gave some of the Jewelry to the women in his life -including the daughters. This guy seems twisted like that.
I think he will confess just like BTK did.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Was he arrested before dawn, like 4:30 am or something like that? Seems I read or heard that, but could be wrong.

I was confused on this also then found it. He was arrested early afternoon around 2:30 p.m., I believe, and booked either at 2:30 a.m. or 4:30 a.m.

Someone a few pages back said to castrate him. It would make no difference. This is not about sexual arousal, it about control and if he could not do it with his genitals, he would use objects. That is probably why so many of his victims said that he had a small penis. He was not particularly sexually aroused, just wanted control.

I think he has already confessed to one additional murder or his DNA got a hit on one they didn't know about.
I'll look for link.
13th victim
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-golden-state-killer-suspect-20180426-story.html

I think he will confess just like BTK did.
Moo

Depends on what he has that they don't know. A smart criminal will deal for better living conditions in prison

All the true crime shows we watch like First 48- you’d be surprised how many tell the entire story of what they did. He knows he’s been got... so why not? He is never getting out and he has one foot in the grave as it is. BTK they couldn’t get him to shut up and he hasn’t been the only one.

PS- I have a theory on Zodiac especially the last cipher. (Off topic) but I had another point I was going to say just went out of my brain and I can’t think what it was and thought if I posted the zodiac thing I would remember. Lol. Give me a sec cuz I had one more comment. ����������

I wrote a paper over Ancestry DNA cases for my biotech class and my memory is really bad but I think ancestry.com used to be another company and had absorbed the dna database that the LDS had been using to trace ancestry. Ancestry.com is not owned by the LDS afaik.

You are correct. Ancestry.com is not owned by the LDS. It appears that in,2013, Ancestry.com entered into a long term strategic partnership with LDS-owned Family Search International.

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/lo...cle_4ce0e3fc-067a-5546-8f00-a0d0e111033a.html

He is 72... A very experienced listener, someone dragged out of retirement , some one his own age/generation, whom DeAngelos imagines has some sort of pull, or clout within the system may be successful in extracting very slowly many many details and thought processes that could be of value....

As to his 'trophies.'..... somewhere accessible... no doubt the real artifacts and electronic records, probably neatly categorized, somewhere safe and like him, hidden in plain sight.

Does anyone know if he has the tattoo one of the children saw during hypnosis on his forearm?
This wasn’t my other question but that was one I had.

I totally agree with you. I think he has everything cataloged and inventoried. Might even have some things sitting on shelves that don’t draw attention. He is to methodical not to in my mind.
One thing I see in cases like this whether it’s a serial killer or the unabomber- they always have this profile for the perp - he/she has to have been career criminal in the system. To me- and I have thought this for a long time - BTK, now GSK, Jeffery Dahmer, Ted Bundy - none had criminal backgrounds. I always have thought you absolutely need to check all the criminal databanks. But to many Of them are just normal Joes (no pun intended) and don’t have any history of being in the system. so the criminal tyoe profile seems to have failed to many times. The way I see it, once one of these serial killers gets caught it seems to be just some really perverse totally screwed in the head psycho family man with a double life. God bless LE/FBI/profilers - I know it has to be hard as hell to work these cases but when are they going to do the psycho Nextdoor profile? If you’re only looking under one kind of rock - you’re missing everything under all the other type rocks. You would think- after so many have been caught- it’s the person you least expect - especially it seems in these serial killer situations.

I think it looks like a band aid on his head. he also seems to have a small amount of blood above his left eye and what appears to be bloodstaining on his right shoulder.
poor pet must have tripped over clutsy fool while law enforcement were detaining him.

I agree it gave me chills looking at his mug shot.

I think it looks like a band aid on his head. he also seems to have a small amount of blood above his left eye and what appears to be bloodstaining on his right shoulder.
poor pet must have tripped over clutsy fool while law enforcement were detaining him.

I agree it gave me chills looking at his mug shot.

I wonder what happened to his eyebrows. In his younger pictures he did have eyebrows lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member