GUILTY CA - Eliza Delacruz, 3 wks, Long Beach, 4 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm anticipating an arrest soon. Or at least an ID on a suspect. Jmo

How horrible. Poor little baby. Sounds like family doesn't know who the suspect is?

I'm anticipating an arrest soon. Or at least an ID on a suspect. Jmo

If so they are keeping it very close to their proverbial vest. The detective today said not one phone call had come in and they were staffed 24/7. No one would appear on camera, no pictures of the injured parents, fear was mentioned several times in local news tonight.

I'm puzzled why there is still only the vaguest description of the suspect. Didn't any of the adults he shot get a proper look at him?

I would really, really like whoever did this to baby Eliza to be caught.

I'm puzzled why there is still only the vaguest description of the suspect. Didn't any of the adults he shot get a proper look at him?

I would really, really like whoever did this to baby Eliza to be caught.

I have not heard anyone say he was wearing a mask or a bandanna on his face. So I wonder why there is not a simple or basic description at least.

(These cases never cease to amaze me....who DOES this?! :banghead: :stormingmad: )

(Oddly, this reminds me of the awful attack on the senior couple in Georgia, the beheading...still nobody in custody I last heard.)

the parents, being in hospital and to hear your tiny baby girl was murdered...i really hope this (censored) is found. killing a defenceless baby and tossing her into a dumpster, sorry, words cannot express the anger

I am shocked by the discovery of this beautiful baby's body. I had thought this case probably involved someone who would at least take care of the child. It's so devastating. When I heard about baby Eliza this morning, I thought, "No need to keep an eye out. It's not like the kidnapper would drive her here to Imperial Beach. It's not on the way to anywhere."
Early this afternoon (I could swear it was 1:30, but it couldn't have been) my husband and I were at a pet shop in the same shopping center where Eliza was found and neither heard nor saw anything amiss! No sirens or commotion at all. No police cars. Everyone was happy and chatting. Then we did hear lots of sirens after we got home and thought there must be a very bad fire somewhere.
You've got to get off I-5, drive a few miles through lots of traffic lights, and make a confusing left turn to get to where Eliza was found. Or, you have to get off the highway and go across the Coronado Bay Bridge, make a left and drive quite a ways down the Silver Strand, and turn a couple of times to be on the Pizza King side of the avenue. You don't just happen to find yourself in Imperial Beach. The alley and trash, though, can be seen clearly from Palm Ave if someone was looking as they passed. I just think the kidnapper must have local ties. I bet they're looking closely at the residents and associates of the trailer park and small apartment building just behind Giant Pizza King. We are very near the Mexican border, but you can't drive there from here unless you drive back to I-5.

I hope they catch the monster that murdered this beautiful baby. So sad to see she was murdered. I can't understand monsters that do this. Prayers for her family.

I am shocked by the discovery of this beautiful baby's body. I had thought this case probably involved someone who would at least take care of the child. It's so devastating. When I heard about baby Eliza this morning, I thought, "No need to keep an eye out. It's not like the kidnapper would drive her here to Imperial Beach. It's not on the way to anywhere."
Early this afternoon (I could swear it was 1:30, but it couldn't have been) my husband and I were at a pet shop in the same shopping center where Eliza was found and neither heard nor saw anything amiss! No sirens or commotion at all. No police cars. Everyone was happy and chatting. Then we did hear lots of sirens after we got home and thought there must be a very bad fire somewhere.
You've got to get off I-5, drive a few miles through lots of traffic lights, and make a confusing left turn to get to where Eliza was found. Or, you have to get off the highway and go across the Coronado Bay Bridge, make a left and drive quite a ways down the Silver Strand, and turn a couple of times to be on the Pizza King side of the avenue. You don't just happen to find yourself in Imperial Beach. The alley and trash, though, can be seen clearly from Palm Ave if someone was looking as they passed. I just think the kidnapper must have local ties. I bet they're looking closely at the residents and associates of the trailer park just behind Giant Pizza King. We are very near the Mexican border, but you can't drive there from here unless you drive back to I-5.

This is some of the thoughts i had earlier.... IB, yes, is kinda en route to the border, but it's not like a convenient stop. You described that very well. I believe the perp has some connection to the the IB area because of that...

I just can't get my head around this....what's the motive here?! Nothing I can think of makes sense. If this creep intended to kill Eliza all along, why didn't he just do it at the house while he was shooting everyone else?!

This case has broken my heart, I was following the story on the news and just checked in with Websleuths and saw the dreaded 'Found Deceased'. Who, WHO, kills a precious three week old baby? Something is VERY off here! To shoot three adults, all of whom are seriously wounded but still alive, to then KILL an innocent baby - the one person in that house who couldn't identify you! She posed no threat, if you had issues with the adults why not leave the babba in her crib and go.....she would of been found soon enough.

This is purely my opinion, and a result of me being unable to comprehend WHY someone would kill a THREE week old baby and leave adults wounded, but this stinks like a cover up to me! The father was wounded but walked out of hospital not long after, there was shots heard by neighbours but no speeding car heard, no sign of forced entry, no description of the person who took the baby. I think there is a strong possibility Eliza was deceased and dumped BEFORE the shooting, which was nothing more than a rouse to shift the blame from whoever did this. Whether it was an accident or intentional and by whomever, I doubt the police need to look outside of those three people.

To lovely little Eliza, may you rest in peace sweetheart - safe with the angels. To all our Websleuths mummys-to-be, I hope your pregnancies are happy and healthy. And to all Websleuth parents, like me, I know we will all give our little (and big) ones an extra loving squeeze today. xox

Looking at a news picture of the scene, it looks like they've got an area cordoned off in front and across the driveway of Giant Pizza King. I'm wondering if Baby Eliza was found in one of the street trash receptacles instead of the dumpster. That cordoned-off area also includes a covered bus stop. The bus runs from the trolley stop at I-5 down Palm Ave. I wonder if the perp took public transportation with Eliza's body. The trolley system links with the train system in Los Angeles. The pic I'm talking about is at this link. www.wafb.com/story/27758844/infant-found-dead-after-abducted-during-shooting

But what motive would they have? They have no criminal records, no drug or gang history. The hold jobs and had a beautiful healthy baby.

It may have been an accident - it may have been one second, one lapse of concentration, one moment of fury? who knows! I could be way off base, and I hope I am to be honest, I just can't understand the motive of someone shooting three people and then taking a baby to kill her. If there was no forced entry, the door was opened to them - yet no description. The father doesn't want to talk to press, which is understandable in a way but this was BEFORE Eliza was found.

Unfortunately, many people who kill children (especially their own or relatives) have no criminal history, and seemingly no motive. I can half understand a woman desperate for a child stealing a baby, the motive in that sort of crime is clear (not that it makes it right) but a three week old baby? she can't talk to give a description of you - this person shot three people, didn't bother checking they were dead so they could identify him but went and killed a baby? Of course, it could be revenge for something - but then we are back to what exactly had the family done if their criminal past is clean, no drug history or gang affiliations.

Looking at a news picture of the scene, it looks like they've got an area cordoned off in front and across the driveway of Giant Pizza King. I'm wondering if Baby Eliza was found in one of the street trash receptacles instead of the dumpster. That cordoned-off area also includes a covered bus stop. The bus runs from the trolley stop at I-5 down Palm Ave. I wonder if the perp took public transportation with Eliza's body. The trolley system links with the train system in Los Angeles. The pic I'm talking about is at this link. www.wafb.com/story/27758844/infant-found-dead-after-abducted-during-shooting

Public transportation seems very doable. The Surfliner does go from Long Beach to downtown SD, then the trolley can be taken south, then a bus into IB. Google estimates about 6 hours to accomplish this. IB still seems like it would be a very intentional destination, imo.

The marker shows where Eliza was found. Toward the right side of the map, you can see I-5, which is a quick way from L.A. to the Mexican border. North of the picture and on the right side of the Bay, up I-5, is the city of San Diego. North of the picture and to the left side of the Bay, up Silver Strand, is Coronado, which connects across the Bay to San Diego by a bridge. To the south you can see the border of Mexico. There are no roads into Mexico from Imperial Beach.
ImperialBeachmap1_zps15fda15d.jpg

Attachments

• ImperialBeachmap1_zps15fda15d.jpg
    ImperialBeachmap1_zps15fda15d.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 348
It may have been an accident - it may have been one second, one lapse of concentration, one moment of fury? who knows! I could be way off base, and I hope I am to be honest, I just can't understand the motive of someone shooting three people and then taking a baby to kill her. If there was no forced entry, the door was opened to them - yet no description. The father doesn't want to talk to press, which is understandable in a way but this was BEFORE Eliza was found.

Unfortunately, many people who kill children (especially their own or relatives) have no criminal history, and seemingly no motive. I can half understand a woman desperate for a child stealing a baby, the motive in that sort of crime is clear (not that it makes it right) but a three week old baby? she can't talk to give a description of you - this person shot three people, didn't bother checking they were dead so they could identify him but went and killed a baby? Of course, it could be revenge for something - but then we are back to what exactly had the family done if their criminal past is clean, no drug history or gang affiliations.

I agree with most of the above. But I am having a hard time believing the baby was harmed by the family. There are several others who live in the home. I imagine LE already checked to see when the baby was seen or heard last.

As for the bolded: I agree. But what about this scenario? What if he wanted the baby alive, for various motives we have discussed. But maybe he did not understand how fragile a newborn's health is. They can die quickly from dehydration, cold, suffocation, lack of nutrients. If he was on public transportation, as some have speculated, he may have hidden her inside a jacket or a duffle bag. In other words, it might have been an accidental death on the shooters part. I think he planned to have a living healthy baby. I just cannot accept that a monster could kidnap a newborn just to kill her and toss her in a dumpster.

Also, we do not know for sure that someone opened the door for him. When many adults live in a home, lots of times there is an unlocked entry during the day. Or someone might have been followed inside. he could have hidden in a patio or front porch area and grabbed someone from behind, putting gun to their head to gain entry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back