GUILTY CA - Eliza Delacruz, 3 wks, Long Beach, 4 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's an example of a baby being abducted and murdered. This happened a couple of years ago in the Philly area. The death was supposedly accidental. I remember waiting for this precious girl to be found and not being super worried, thinking it had to be a family member/custody issue. It was heartbreaking when she was found dead :(.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...vania-baby-found-dead-suspect-in-custody?lite

Here's an example of a baby being abducted and murdered. This happened a couple of years ago in the Philly area. The death was supposedly accidental. I remember waiting for this precious girl to be found and not being super worried, thinking it had to be a family member/custody issue. It was heartbreaking when she was found dead :(.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...vania-baby-found-dead-suspect-in-custody?lite

ETA: At the time she was still missing, the information about the ransom note was not released to the public.

Now that we know it would take 6 hours to get from the home to where Eliza was found your scenario is much more likely. The shooter would have had to conceal her in something, assuming he/she was not in vehicle and initially on foot. I think I have become jaded in my old age, either that or I need to stop spending so much time in the Routier section. Whomever did this, I hope they are caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Thank you, Katydid23 for explaining an alternative point of view.

ETA - http://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2015/01/baby_missing_after_shoot-out_i.html

The above article states Eliza's body was found at 1.30am Sunday morning after she went missing on Saturday evening. This is a really small window of opportunity and further supports Katydid23's theory that the baby died during transit from the home. The shooter reached his/her destination, realised the baby was deceased and panicked, get rid of her. :( COD should tell us more -- the article includes a vague description of the male suspect.

Some details:

Eliza Delacruz was discovered inside a trash bag at an Imperial Beach shopping center at about 1:25 p.m. Sunday. The child was found about 120 miles away from her Long Beach home, where police found her parents and father's brother shot at 5:50 p.m. Saturday. The suspect not been identified except that he is male. He may have known the family, police said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ing-3-adults-shot-home-cops-article-1.2065299

Some details:

Eliza Delacruz was discovered inside a trash bag at an Imperial Beach shopping center at about 1:25 p.m. Sunday. The child was found about 120 miles away from her Long Beach home, where police found her parents and father's brother shot at 5:50 p.m. Saturday. The suspect not been identified except that he is male. He may have known the family, police said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ing-3-adults-shot-home-cops-article-1.2065299

There has to be more information they are not releasing for them to know to look inside a trash bag 120 miles away. It's actually shocking this baby was found at all.

There has to be more information they are not releasing for them to know to look inside a trash bag 120 miles away. It's actually shocking this baby was found at all.

From what was reported, the baby was found by a homeless person digging through the trash, not the police.

On Sunday, a person discovered the child’s body while looking in a trash bin on Palm Avenue near Rainbow Drive just before 1:30 p.m. The infant was in a plastic bag, which also contained trash.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jan/04/baby-found-dumpster-palm-avenue-imperial-beach/

Her father returned home Sunday after being treated at a hospital. He declined to be interviewed as he walked into the family’s residence with the aid of crutches. Long Beach police Lt. Lloyd Cox said the family feared they would be retaliated against if they spoke out. “They’re afraid of a person coming back again, if they talk, and that they could be the victim of any retaliation,” Cox said. “So they’re terrified.”
http://ktla.com/2015/01/05/missing-...baby-found-dead-in-san-diego-county-dumpster/

From what was reported, the baby was found by a homeless person digging through the trash, not the police.

Ahhh, ok. I missed that! I'm sure whoever put that sweet baby there was pretty shocked she was found, considering she was so far from home. I hope that means her killer will be caught!

Such a sad case. I agree with katydid; I find it hard to believe that anyone in the house harmed the child. No hard proof just a gut feeling.

I read through the whole thread but I did it quickly so I may have missed something, has it been said how the baby died? I so hope that didn't put that angel through anything painful.

I know LE reported that the victims didn't have criminal backgrounds and no gang affiliations but I'm skeptical about that. Maybe they just hadn't been caught yet. Or maybe this particular family wasn't in on the drug biz but someone else in their family was. Maybe the shooter meant to harm the innocents to teach the real target a big lesson. To me, it just seems like a drug revenge thing. Maybe money, hopefully a lot of money, was owed and the shooter wanted them to know how bad things could get if they didn't pay. That being said, I don't think the death of the baby was intentional. My thinking is along the lines of taking the baby to show them he meant business and then he would put the angel somewhere to be found but something happened that he didn't plan on.

It just doesn't make any kind of sense. Prayers for the parents and family of this baby. JMO

Even though it's rare in the US, kidnapping for ransom is quite popular in Mexico.
I wonder if parents had any money that somebody would want to kidnap a child for ransom?

Just a wild guess, but considering the fear being conveyed by the shooting victims and their providing only a 'vague description,' this sounds like a "payback" type of crime, probably a drug or other underworld type debt issue. But I believe a revenge-seeking criminal would have zero regard for a baby and kill her to teach a lesson. I bet they know the abductor/murderer. We shall see. :(

I'm horrified she was found this way and can only hope for DNA on the bags....anyone suspect those in the home that talked away from this alive?

It's very clear that somebody else took the child (and not the people in the home). Body was found far away from the home, when the people in the home were in the hospital.

When I went to sleep last night it had been confirmed that it was indeed sweet, precious little Eliza who had been found in the dumpster. My heart hurt so much I just needed to be alone with my thoughts. What kind of evil monster can do this to an innocent little baby and rob her of life and love is beyond me.

I'm still catching up on the posts but I'm glad that a little more has come out about her parents. I was having a hard time understanding why none of the family had been named but I see now that perhaps that is because of safety and fear.

LE has reported that this does NOT appear to be random so I can only hope they will find this monster and throw him into the general population in prison. He might last a few hours...

:rose: RIP beautiful Eliza :rose: Your life was much to short. May you fly with the angels forever baby girl.

It's very clear that somebody else took the child (and not the people in the home). Body was found far away from the home, when the people in the home were in the hospital.

That's assuming that first there was the shooting, Eliza was taken and then she died. What if she died before the shooting, was transported to San Diego and dumped there, then someone discovered she was gone and first the suspicions and later the bullets started flying...?

Wild speculation but if there have been no tips at all, the family is very scared and can't/won't talk, I'm assuming undocumented immigrant status for at least some of them/neighbors?

Any chance a coyote took Eliza to encourage the family to pay off a debt?

Like I said, pure speculation.

Last night I was so sad. Today I'm livid. I want this ****** caught.

I'm horrified she was found this way and can only hope for DNA on the bags....anyone suspect those in the home that talked away from this alive?

The contents of the trash in the trash bag should be telling as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel
Back