GUILTY CA - Eliza Delacruz, 3 wks, Long Beach, 4 Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the suspect knew the family, why doesn't the family seem to know him?
It's very rare for a man to kidnap a baby to raise. Practically unheard of. It's usually women that do this sort of thing (kidnapping a baby to raise). And then the baby is found dead so quickly after the kidnapping? That's a confusing set of clues.

Exactly! An armed gunman does not enter a random house, shoot all of the adults and take nothing else but a 3 week old baby which he discards in a dumpster for his efforts. He has a motive, it is not random and I hope the family is being forthcoming on what they suspect the motive is. Even if they did not recognize him, they must have some answers as to why he was there. MOO

It is not my intention to bash the family and my heart goes out to them for such a horrific loss. I just hope they are talking about any clues that will bring justice to little Eliza.

It probably isn't important, but I'm really confused with the timeline of when Eliza was found and when the call went in. I was right there at the shopping center where she was found and didn't leave until 1:39. (I verified by a to-go phone call I made in the parking lot.) There was no commotion, no raised voices, no small crowd of people, no police cars. We pulled out in front of the Giant Pizza King and turned right, but looking to the left toward where the dumpster is, there was nothing of note going on. After we had waited 15 min for our to-go order nearby, went home, ate, THEN we heard police sirens. I'd say somewhere between 2:15 and 2:30.
Like I said, it probably doesn't make a difference, but it's just odd to me.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015...ld-girl-found-dead-in-dumpster/6961420481714/

From this link:
Lt. Lloyd Cox of the Long Beach police said investigators believe the family was not a random target. But he said the parents and uncle have been unwilling to talk

"They're afraid of a person coming back again, if they talk, and that they could be the victim of any retaliation," Cox said. "So they're terrified."

I just don't get the not talking regardless of their fears. I would be screaming out names but then I'm not walking in their shoes so MOO

"Aaron Cruz told KTLA-TV that the man asked him for help immediately after the shooting. He said there was no apparent reason for the crime.

"This family was very peaceful. There's no reason this had to happen," Cruz said."

Who is Aaron Cruz? Who asked him for help?? The shooter?

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015...dead-in-dumpster/6961420481714/#ixzz3NymAwkvB

What I took from this was it was a neighbor responding to the house after the shots being fired.

My baby girl being murdered would wipe away any fear I had.
I would want to scream from the rooftops.
My own life would cease to exist.
And I would not return to the home, as the recuperating father did.

It probably isn't important, but I'm really confused with the timeline of when Eliza was found and when the call went in. I was right there at the shopping center where she was found and didn't leave until 1:39. (I verified by a to-go phone call I made in the parking lot.) There was no commotion, no raised voices, no small crowd of people, no police cars. We pulled out in front of the Giant Pizza King and turned right, but looking to the left toward where the dumpster is, there was nothing of note going on. After we had waited 15 min for our to-go order nearby, went home, ate, THEN we heard police sirens. I'd say somewhere between 2:15 and 2:30.
Like I said, it probably doesn't make a difference, but it's just odd to me.

STEADFAST I read on various links that little Eliza was found about 1:30 pm in the dumpster and that Long Beach PD were notified at 2:00 pm about the discovery. Sounds like you were there just before police arrived. It could be a single unit arrived and verified the discovery before additional units were called to the scene hence the delay in you hearing sirens.

Here is one link that has the time:
The body the infant girl was found shortly before 1:30 p.m., said San Diego County sheriff's Lt. Jim Walker.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/27757738/infant-dies-near-imperial-beach-shopping-center

I wonder if the gun has been located. If the neighbour was involved straight after the shots were fired, that leaves no time for anyone in the house to dispose of the gun if they were involved. The hospital would also have been instructed to check for GSR on all 3 family's hands IMO. I personally think the family aren't involved in Eliza's death, but know who is. If only they could trust the police could protect them if they talked. This is a horrific crime.

Just another thought. Given the father's injuries, I wonder if it was like a warning shot i.e. talk or I'll kill your family. Maybe he was shot to intimidate but not to kill.

What if this was a for hire thing? Like dad not ready for the financial responsibility? I find it telling that nobody was fatally shot.

Exactly why leave the three people that can ID you alive and kill the one that couldn't even talk. This whole thing is beyond strange!!

And I would not return to the home, as the recuperating father did.

That's a really interesting thought give that:
"They're afraid of a person coming back again, if they talk, and that they could be the victim of any retaliation," Cox said. "So they're terrified."

This is so sad. RIP baby girl. I hope she didn't suffer too much.

Maybe the goal was not to kill, but to send a message. I bet there are other children and family they are trying to protect now with their silence.

I think the babies death might have been accidental from the conditions she met while the shooter was running and hiding.

The father is reportedly a veterinarian. So he is educated and most likely here totally legally. So it might not be coyotes that are involved. idk

1. Are there other children or was Eliza an only child?
I wouldn't avoid talking to protect MYSELF but I would to protect surviving children...

2. I really don't think this is a case of drugs, gangs, abuse or illegals.
If it was a cover up the implication is that Eliza was killed by her parents and then they shot everyone to cover that up.
So the parents noticing her missing wouldn't be an issue, they would know she was gone.
That isn't sounding like a probable situation to me either, I don't think they did it.

3. I think it is totally possible Eliza died accidentally while being transported.

4. Maybe this was a hired abduction for a woman who wanted a baby.
Or to be sold on the black market.
Was Eliza's birth announced publicly anywhere?
Was there a sign in the yard, a notice in the news, anything like that?

5. I wonder if the perp just used a garbage bag already in the dumpster.
If they didn't intend to kill her then found her dead, they may have just put her in an existing bag.
If he didn't intend to kill her it's unlikely he had a bag with him, unless he took her to a house.

6. Usually they look at the garbage for clues in these situations but it may actually lead them astray this time.
If he just used an existing bag of garbage in the dumpster... innocent people may be implicated.

I am going to keep this in mind if they start questioning people. Not going to jump to conclusions. :twocents:

Here's an example of a baby being abducted and murdered. This happened a couple of years ago in the Philly area. The death was supposedly accidental. I remember waiting for this precious girl to be found and not being super worried, thinking it had to be a family member/custody issue. It was heartbreaking when she was found dead :(.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...vania-baby-found-dead-suspect-in-custody?lite

That is the older baby I was thinking of. It was the only one I could think of.

I would guess it was not an existing garbage bag. That would be a huge gamble to get out of your vehicle holding a deceased infant, dig through a dumpster while holding the infant, find a bag that's not too full to fit the infant inside..... all in possibly broad daylight?? I hope that shopping center has surveillance cameras!!

There could have been a 4th person in the house that shot them, took the weapon, and left with the baby.
No GSR on the 3 shot.
COD and TOD will tell us if baby girl was murdered in that home.

This case reeks to high heaven. Something's not right about this story. IMO

This case reeks to high heaven. Something's not right about this story. IMO

I agree, I'm having a hard time processing the information because either it's so unbelievable it's b*##*#%t or it's actually the truth that another human being (apparently not known to the family) would do this to an Innocent baby for revenge! Senseless act of evil!

IMO they must be involved in some way with dangerous people, they clearly have an idea who this was and they're not saying for fear of repraisal!

I wouldn't care, I'd give my life up, unless of course, as some1 else pointed out, they may have other kids and let's face it if this maniac, whoever he may be, can do that to a defenceless child then wow ! Words fail me!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym
Back