GUILTY CA - Eliza Delacruz, 3 wks, Long Beach, 4 Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1. Are there other children or was Eliza an only child?
I wouldn't avoid talking to protect MYSELF but I would to protect surviving children...

2. I really don't think this is a case of drugs, gangs, abuse or illegals.
If it was a cover up the implication is that Eliza was killed by her parents and then they shot everyone to cover that up.
So the parents noticing her missing wouldn't be an issue, they would know she was gone.
That isn't sounding like a probable situation to me either, I don't think they did it.

3. I think it is totally possible Eliza died accidentally while being transported.

4. Maybe this was a hired abduction for a woman who wanted a baby.
Or to be sold on the black market.
Was Eliza's birth announced publicly anywhere?
Was there a sign in the yard, a notice in the news, anything like that?

5. I wonder if the perp just used a garbage bag already in the dumpster.
If they didn't intend to kill her then found her dead, they may have just put her in an existing bag.
If he didn't intend to kill her it's unlikely he had a bag with him, unless he took her to a house.

6. Usually they look at the garbage for clues in these situations but it may actually lead them astray this time.
If he just used an existing bag of garbage in the dumpster... innocent people may be implicated.

I am going to keep this in mind if they start questioning people. Not going to jump to conclusions. :twocents:

That is the older baby I was thinking of. It was the only one I could think of.

I remember that case. Perp thought the family had money and kidnapped the baby for ransom. He got sentenced to the death penalty.

http://mainlinemedianews.com/articl...ia_courier/news/doc54a298c53dbda640688674.txt

http://www.thestate.com/2015/01/05/3908766_infant-abducted-from-california.html?rh=1

No new information really at the above link - I did find it odd that the Eliza's paternal grandmother was amongst people leaving tributes outside the family home- yet it says she left in tears without going inside? Even if they were not on speaking terms you would think a tragedy like this would have motivated her to go in and see her son. He may have been out but I doubt it, not so soon after leaving the hospital after being shot.

Why are neither of the parents, the uncle or even the grandmother being named...

Are they in police protection perhaps, a bit like the case of another missing toddler on here from Aus, little william tyrell, parents names never been released and I'm pretty sure it came out they are on witness protection!

Hmmmm

I agree, I'm having a hard time processing the information because either it's so unbelievable it's b*##*#%t or it's actually the truth that another human being (apparently not known to the family) would do this to an Innocent baby for revenge! Senseless act of evil!

IMO they must be involved in some way with dangerous people, they clearly have an idea who this was and they're not saying for fear of repraisal!

I wouldn't care, I'd give my life up, unless of course, as some1 else pointed out, they may have other kids and let's face it if this maniac, whoever he may be, can do that to a defenceless child then wow ! Words fail me!

Exactly. Why wouldn't the family tell the police who it was when the baby was missing in hopes it would help in finding her alive when they had the chance??? Why keep silent when the baby's life depended on it??? They know who did this, they know why. Yet they won't tell for fear of reprisal? B.S. The baby being found dead was a game changer, one would think. I'd tell in fear of reprisal so the police could find this guy and lock him up. There is so much wrong with this story as it's being told now.

I don't know what to think, but either that baby was dead before the shootings or they are covering now for someone. IMO.

Without a doubt I agree with everything you say ^^^^

So, to protect themselves they're letting a vicious animal prowl the streets whom also dumped their child!

Gimme a break...it's actually pretty rude LE giving out snippets of this unbelievable information to the public as if we're zipped up the back to believe it! When in hindsight there's no way they'll be taking this c%#% & bull story as legit but we are to!

Best just to give out no information than what they've provided because it in no way leads to this maniac, unless of course the maniac is already in their sights, then that, of course, would make perfect sense!

ANGRY but all MO

Has it occurred to anyone that the police are saying the family isn't talking to PROTECT them?
They may very well be spilling everything they know but we won't be told that.

The police are not going to come out and say "Oh yeah they are totally snitching."
They don't really want their witnesses to be killed either.

This could end up playing out totally different than what it looks like right now.
Law enforcement is NOT obligated to tell us the truth, they can make up anything they want. :twocents:

Has it occurred to anyone that the police are saying the family isn't talking to PROTECT them?

The police are not going to come out and say "Oh yeah they are totally snitching."

This could end up playing out totally different than what it looks like right now.
Law enforcement is NOT obligated to tell us the truth, they can make up anything they want. :twocents:

One would think that if the family were talking, we would have a better description of a suspect than "possibly Hispanic or African-American male." Was he tall? Short? Fat? Thin? Old? Young? We know nothing.

Yup, hence me saying they may aswell give NO information out if it's half-versed stories or even LIES as how in any way is this going to find the person responsible!

One would think that if the family were talking, we would have a better description of a suspect than "possibly Hispanic or African-American male." Was he tall? Short? Fat? Thin? Old? Young? We know nothing.

Yup, agreed!

Sure it has and that's probably closer to the truth. What I don't understand though is why they would be appealing to the public for information if they have all this info already. We don't have a description of the man, age, height, a composite, nothing to look for. So why bother asking the public for help?? They are looking for another snitch if you ask me. An insider.

I'm just not going to put all my eggs in the LE public release statement basket. I don't think it makes anything clear. It's obvious the police are convinced the family is terrified. And they may well be under police protection. It's just the story as it's being told to us is a clear as mud and incomplete. I just have a hinky feeling about this whole thing. IMO, JMO

My gut feeling when I heard Eliza had been found was that things were not as they seem- and I just can't shake that feeling. I appreciate LE may well be being vague to protect the family, but they also want to find this person. If they know more and have just released the fact he is possibly 'Hispanic or African American' then they may as well have told the public nothing. We don't even have an approximate age. Just releasing that the person is 'possibly' dark skinned doesn't narrow down the suspects, it would surely just lead to false tips with people reporting any slightly suspicious or shifty looking Hispanic or African American person they see.

I can't get past the fact all the adults made it out alive, although I know two are critical, and the little baby, who posed no threat to nobody was taken and shoved in a dumpster. I hope my gut feeling is wrong, this family do seem to have a good, clean reputation but than the same could be said for the Routier's and the MacDonald's of the world.

The truly sad part of this case is a little girl, brand new to the world and with nothing but good to look forward to has been robbed of an entire lifetime. It is little Eliza on my mind tonight, I am confident LE will find the individual responsible soon. R.I.P baby girl xox

Presser is on NOW!!!

Police working diligently to find out who did this.

Police Chief speaking now. Public critical to solving this case.

Need publics help to get culprit who committed this violent act off the streets.

Suspect: Male adult with dark skin, possibly Hispanic or African American.

Need help to what lead to shooting and kidnapping of this baby. Someone somewhere knows what happened and we need you to come forward. (They have reiterated this several times now.) And will give info on remaining anonymous while giving a tip. 800-222-TIPS.

Q & A now:

Q: What type of information are you looking for??

A. Crime at 6 pm on a Saturday night, in highly condensed area, someone saw something and they need them to come forward.

All this was on ABC 7, Los Angeles.

If he was fully clothed and wearing a mask and gloves, they may have only seen a piece of skin above his gloves. :twocents:

Presser is on NOW!!!

Police working diligently to find out who did this.

Police Chief speaking now. Public critical to solving this case.

Need publics help to get culprit who committed this violent act off the streets.

Suspect: Male adult with dark skin, possibly Hispanic or African American.

Need help to what lead to shooting and kidnapping of this baby. Someone somewhere knows what happened and we need you to come forward. (They have reiterated this several times now.) And will give info on remaining anonymous while giving a tip. 800-222-TIPS.

Q & A now:

Q: What type of information are you looking for??

A. Crime at 6 pm on a Saturday night, in highly condensed area, someone saw something and they need them to come forward.

All this was on ABC 7, Los Angeles.

I don't understand how the public can be of any help when the description is still REALLY vague. The neighbour has already said they didn't hear any speeding vehicles although they heard gunshots. This infers to me that they didn't see anyone in person either.

A seemingly stupid question- but would it have been dark there at 6pm? Here in the UK it would of been pitch black and because we do tend to watch TV in the dark, if someone suddenly appeared in the doorway I could understand why the description may be vague. It was obviously all over as fast as it started.

I see that a presser was held asking the public for tips. I sure hope this tactic is to throw off the perp. The people who know all the details aren't talking... hinky.

Long shot, but maybe the child was taken to be sold in the black market in Mexico. Someone earlier speculated that where the baby was found was convenient to public transportation. It's possible the baby was suffocated while the suspect was trying to keep her hidden and quiet on public transportation.

Just thinking out loud....

I find it hard to comprehend how someone can shoot & injure 3 people, steal a baby, travel x amount of miles then in that time either intentionally or unintentionally kill the baby to then leave her in a dumpster and not 1 person seen him.......oh and all in under 24 hours? Right?

Wow just WOW!!!

I've got a horrible feeling this will go unsolved for a very very long time, I hope I'm wrong!

I see that a presser was held asking the public for tips. I sure hope this tactic is to throw off the perp. The people who know all the details aren't talking... hinky.

Police generally don't ask for tips as a tactic. They don't want to waste their times listening to useless tips.

Long shot, but maybe the child was taken to be sold in the black market in Mexico. Someone earlier speculated that where the baby was found was convenient to public transportation. It's possible the baby was suffocated while the suspect was trying to keep her hidden and quiet on public transportation.

But..There are so many other babies, so why Eliza? Something is fishy here. Of course, we don't know what LE knows. I hate to say this, COD will come out, if she was suffocated or whatever. I HATE these cases and trying to second guess. I HATE these cases, period!

Seems that a perp using public transportation should have been easy to find. I believe all buses have cameras.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OffTrailMeanderer
Back