CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mo., Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are numerous new aerial photos of the area posted on the Our Baby Ember FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497318963893705/. These are from the person with initials HLC who commented earlier about the Placer bridge. They're just now posted so there will probably be more to come. It'll be interesting to see the comments on them and if anything stands out to anyone. It gives a good idea of the terrain too.

This poor baby. Breaks my heart to think of them looking for her out there.

Here are tweets from a reporter on the scene from the Record Searchlight out of Redding, CA. There are more tweets that I didn't bring over mentioning Ember's family by name:

(Reverse chronological order):

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 3:20pm - 5 Jul 15:
Apparently the couple who flew the plane over the area are coming to the search base soon to share some pictures they got. twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617820454430978048?s=17

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 3:02pm - 5 Jul 15:
Updated map for #babyember search. pic.twitter.com/tWgjteB8lL
twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617815832949690370?s=17

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 2:42pm - 5 Jul 15:
Apparently sheriff deputies aren't coming out here today after all, just FYI. twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617810762694701056?s=17

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 2:22pm - 5 Jul 15:
The Orland Off-Roaders are here to help in the search. pic.twitter.com/iHFp1r7bwj
twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617805711007854592?s=17

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 2:06pm - 5 Jul 15:
A search party is heading back to the Happy Stop Market, which is apparently where they've also been directed to look pic.twitter.com/0r4dHkstWn
twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617801708580646912?s=17

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 1:52pm - 5 Jul 15:
Tomlin said a deputy is on the way and will explain more pic.twitter.com/iGvPM1IzgH
twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617798151374704640?s=17

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 1:42pm - 5 Jul 15:
BREAKING: Ember Search party told to look around Clear Creek water tower - apparently surveillance video led deputies to suggest that twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617795629993955328?s=17

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 1:14pm - 5 Jul 15:
There's also a certified search-and-rescue guy who is going to kayak Clear Creek to look for Ember. twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617788725565632513?s=17

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 12:28pm - 5 Jul 15:
Here's the map of where parties have searched for Ember so far - The Orange area pic.twitter.com/d9AZUFsHaE
twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617777044655476736?s=17

Alayna Shulman (@ashulman_RS) tweeted at 12:07pm - 5 Jul 15:
Ember poster spotted on way to the search. This one has some more identifying info and pictures. pic.twitter.com/MRaqDza9VD
twitter.com/ashulman_RS/status/617771745131413505?s=17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do the families reconcile searching where the tip about the fathers truck was spotted and remaining steadfast about his innocence.

It makes my head spin.
Holding Ember in the light.

"He loves her more than he loves me. He loves that little girl more than I've ever seen anybody love somebody," Jamie Lee Graham said. "He is the most dotting dad, he will change as many diapers, he's so patient with her. There's no way he did this. There's no way."

Jamie believes someone took her daughter. She said her baby girl is at risk, wherever she is, because she has epilepsy.

http://www.krcrtv.com/missing-babys-father-named-person-of-interest/33986758

Notice the same words used by his wife and his own father.

He's been great with her, " he said. "He has been nothing but patient with Ember. He hasn't shown anything but love and patience and wants the best for Ember.

This tells me this man has a TEMPER! jmo

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...-surround-disappearance-of-baby-girl/33971226

He's been great with her, " he said. "He has been nothing but patient with Ember. He hasn't shown anything but love and patience and wants the best for Ember.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...-surround-disappearance-of-baby-girl/33971226

New to the case here, but I have to ask....

Why all this family talk about how great this dad is for being patient .... with a 7 month old child?! Seven month olds sleep, eat, cry, poop, teethe, and can maybe sit up on their own and babble.

Is he amazing for tolerating her seizures which she can't help? Or he's great because he's patient with her diaper needs and crying? Patient?

I agree, Eileen730, family pointing out a grown man's outstanding effort of patience with an infant is....extremely troubling.

“I keep praying, telling her, ‘Grandma’s going to find you,’” Ember’s grandmother, Deborah Tomlin, said in tears as she scrolled through pictures of the missing baby on her phone Sunday afternoon. “I came out here to save my grandbaby, not to find her body…God, I never imagined myself looking through dirt for my grandbaby. You want to find her, but you don’t. I don’t want her to be lying in a ditch or a gully.”
But Jamie Graham, Ember’s mother, said she is standing by her husband.

“Matthew is my husband, and I’m not going to sit here and say that he did anything, because there’s no proof that he did anything,” Jamie Graham said.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/family-continues-search-for-missing-baby_67811858

More at the link.

I'm also confused.... if the family doesn't believe he did it, what do they believe happened?
I can see myself not believing my husband was capable of something like this too.
However I would either be implying that the ex did something or I would be screaming abduction.
I'm confused about the lack of other theories... but simply denial that Dad did anything? :dunno:

Whoa, according to the link above, the grandmother stated that Ember had "advanced walking and talking" skills. At six months?

BTW, the story has hit the Bay Area newscasts.

I'm concerned about this too. He clearly had a love, in the abstract, for his daughter, and posted often on facebook about that. My guess is he expressed that love a lot to family and friends also. It's not clear to me that he EVER took care of her over night, ever. So while he could express a love of her, in the abstract, that has nothing to do with being able to keep her for an overnight when she wouldn't go to sleep.

Normal men can handle this. I would have left my babies with my brother, my brothers in law, grandparents, etc. , and know they would still be alive at the end of the night.

This guy is a criminal and he lives in a very very humble home. I'm not sure he has the stability to care for an infant on his own.

I believe she is 7 months old and advanced walking and talking at that age is possible. Both of my kids walked around furniture by 7 months and were fully mobile by 10 months old. My son started saying words at 6 months old and formed complete sentences at 10 months old. At 12 months you could have whole conversations with him. His younger sister also started jabbering early but she was hard to understand until she was 2 1/2 or so. She would have whole conversations with you and you couldn't understand a word of it. :-)

For Ember....I'm leaning towards an accidental death that dad is trying to cover up.....but part of me is still wondering about a vengeful ex-girlfriend.

Whoa, according to the link above, the grandmother stated that Ember had "advanced walking and talking" skills. At six months?

I believe she is 7 months old and advanced walking and talking at that age is possible. Both of my kids walked around furniture by 7 months and were fully mobile by 10 months old. My son started saying words at 6 months old and formed complete sentences at 10 months old. At 12 months you could have whole conversations with him. His younger sister also started jabbering early but she was hard to understand until she was 2 1/2 or so. She would have whole conversations with you and you couldn't understand a word of it. :-)

For Ember....I'm leaning towards an accidental death that dad is trying to cover up.....but part of me is still wondering about a vengeful ex-girlfriend.

I've never heard - ever in my whole life - of an accidental child's death that someone covered up by pretending the child is missing. I would be interested if anyone on this forum can recall any case -ever - of a family member pretending a child went missing after their accidental death.

BTW, the story has hit the Bay Area newscasts.

And with seizures and on seizure meds?! I would laugh if this wasn't so sad.
My daughter didn't even sit up at that age...
She started sitting up only after we found the right seizure medication.
The seizures often delay them and then the meds have their own side effects.

I live nearby and we were looking today for anything out of place. I don't want to be looking for a little body, I'd like to hold out hope that someone took her and she's alive. The high here today was over 100* and it really is miserable, even more so for a small baby. Prayers for those who will be back out searching in the morning.

I live nearby and we were looking today for anything out of place. I don't want to be looking for a little body, I'd like to hold out hope that someone took her and she's alive. The high here today was over 100* and it really is miserable, even more so for a small baby. Prayers for those who will be back out searching in the morning.

Thanks liserhart for the local update! I wish it were under different circumstances but it is nice to read about other people from the area! (I'm in Butte Co)

I really do wonder if the heat Lately had anything to do with whatever it is that happened to poor little Ember [emoji20]

Thanks so much for going out in the heat to look for Ember. That must have been so hard, not knowing what you'd find. Hugs to you!

I've never heard - ever in my whole life - of an accidental child's death that someone covered up by pretending the child is missing. I would be interested if anyone on this forum can recall any case -ever - of a family member pretending a child went missing after their accidental death.

I don't recall a case of anyone covering up an accidental death by pretending their child went missing. Casey Anthony's attorney planted that seed at trial by saying Caylee drowned in the family pool and George covered it up. It seemed to work. But we won't count that!

No, children reported missing by their parents have most often been killed by one or both parents or a boyfriend. Often the child is "disappeared" so well that it is never found. Lisa Irwin, Ayla Reynolds...the list goes on. :(

“I keep praying, telling her, ‘Grandma’s going to find you,’” Ember’s grandmother, Deborah Tomlin, said in tears as she scrolled through pictures of the missing baby on her phone Sunday afternoon. “I came out here to save my grandbaby, not to find her body…God, I never imagined myself looking through dirt for my grandbaby. You want to find her, but you don’t. I don’t want her to be lying in a ditch or a gully.”
But Jamie Graham, Ember’s mother, said she is standing by her husband.

“Matthew is my husband, and I’m not going to sit here and say that he did anything, because there’s no proof that he did anything,” Jamie Graham said.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/family-continues-search-for-missing-baby_67811858

More at the link.

Thank you for posting this MsM! This was written by the reporter whose tweets I posted upthread. She was out there at the search in the heat today and left before they were done (based on one of her tweets). It's a must read IMO.

Where is Ember????

Chiming in to add my thanks to you as well liserhart! It will be a long and restless night, full of prayer and hope that tomorrow will bring news of Ember's safe return :please:

:praying:
:candle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads