CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mo., Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Ember's mom's family gotten involved with the search? I know at one point they were not and I'm trying to catch up. Could their lack of involvement be an indicator of...??? I think this is important put I can't figure it out. His family did a funding account and her family said no we don't need money to help with search. What do you make of this?

Yes, they were involved in the search. They were in different areas from where the Grahams searched. It seemed (to me) that it was a kind of Hatfield-McCoy situation between them and the Grahams. IOW, the families didn't get on too well with each other.

I saw the fight too - pretty ugly. We can't really talk about it here though. But I will say this: I mentioned earlier that I thought JG's family wasn't happy about her and baby Ember moving into that trailer. After reading the investigative report I'm amending that to they were probably horrified about it. Rightfully so.

Thanks for the link. I'm no square by any sense and I had my trips around the block, but that site didn't make me feel warm or fuzzy inside.
jmo

Honey oil manufacturing is extremely dangerous. I will try to find some
Links about LE uncovering them in record numbers in Shasta, Butte and Tehama COs in the past two years or so

OT why does meth make your jaws need a workout? I was aware of rotten teeth but not the jaw issue. I'm ignorant about most drugs and I found this statement confusing

You ever been chewing gum and you got really nervous or saw someone who did ? Chewing, grinding, talking nonstop, working that jaw !

ETA No indication that meth is involved in this baby's disappearance for anyone just checking in. This was about a store and who bought what at a store earlier in the thread. Don't want to be misleading although I would not be surprised at all if it turns out to be the case here..........

Only one I can think of - Shannon Lea Dedrick: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/33648247/...sing-days-found-alive-under-bed/#.VZxxcrUrPTo

But boy is that the exception to the rule. Most of these case just fade into nothing - no arrest, no child...
Kayden Powell was the one i was thinking of earlier. He was taken by a relative, parents called 911 at 4:30 am. He was found safe and she was found guilty. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...l-4-days-old-Town-Of-Beloit-6th-February-2014

I just found this thread today and already here I go with more unpopular opinions but I have a couple things to say.

1. Let's not judge mom for moving baby into the trailer, especially since she is probably already blaming herself. Keep in mind, not everyone has the resources or know how to always provide everything necessary. People do the best they know how and this child could have been ok in that environment with two loving parents who were putting the baby's needs above their own. Sadly, it doesn't look like that is the case but it still isn't our place to judge those less fortunate than us, just those who might have committed this crime.

2. Honey oil will not make anyone hallucinate or angry. It is highly concentrated, hash oil. The effects would be similar to smoking a lot of marijuana, only quicker and stronger. He would probably have been sleeping and eating a lot, with no desire to do anything. Do we know for sure that the baby was alive in the car seat in the surveillance video?

I think the answer lies here:

Ember has special medical needs. She is prone to having seizures and takes medicine twice a day to control them. The medication does not make her tired or sleepy, but rather it makes her restless so that she never really goes into REM sleep. Due to the medication, Ember is a very restless sleeper, is constantly flailing around, and wakes up at night about every 2 hours to eat.

Yup. Druggie, immature dad and baby who cannot sleep the night through and needs attention every two hours. She's dead and he planned it. I think he didn't want to continue on, having to deal with her special needs.

Poor kid.

Now I'm just totally sick at my stomach.
Ember's mom also knew what conditions this baby was overnighting in.
jmo

Seriously. What mother of a child would allow that? Especially knowing her vulnerable baby needs constant care, all night long.

We got to bring my three and a half month old grand niece home today. She was in the hospital since June 15 because her daddy hurt her. My family doesn't think he did it on purpose, but he was arrested and charged with injury to a child and reckless endangerment. So yeah this is hard.

I have no mercy in my heart for anyone who doesn't reach out to others for help taking care of a baby like this if they are financially or emotionally incapable of doing so their self. Period.
To do what seems to have been done w/Ember speaks of selfishness and possibly bitterness.
Love is a word just like any other.
But the real "love" is shown by actions.
:moo:

Some of the other videos posted by Redding Record Searchlight are worth a watch as well - I think I'd seen this same one with MG's father before, but it's worth a re-watch:
[video=youtube;EPXSdAKP23I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPXSdAKP23I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPXSdAKP23I[/video]

I really don't get the feeling that MG would have harmed Ember himself - his own dad seems very genuine and insistent in the link above, as does JG, who doesn't seem the type who would just stand by him foolishly and cover for him.

Grandpa said something that really bothers me in this interview. He said Ember was a FOOTBALL to MG. Following up with "he is always carrying her around" You throw footballs, pass footballs and kick footballs and yes you also carry them. I found this particular camparison to be strange and I've not heard it before.
Has anyone heard of a baby referred to as a football before?

I wonder if LE has a lot more to go on than in the cases involving Lisa and Ayla, for example, where no talk of charges or arrests ever really took place. Or is this LE simply taking a more agressive stance? Anyway, I am all for it, if the father has been inconsistent and less than cooperative. When a young child is involved, I can't worry too much about Dad. Jmo

We got to bring my three and a half month old grand niece home today. She was in the hospital since June 15 because her daddy hurt her. My family doesn't think he did it on purpose, but he was arrested and charged with injury to a child and reckless endangerment. So yeah this is hard.

I am soooo sorry that your family had to go through that, but i am glad she is home now and I hope she is fully recovered!!

I'm not sure how there was no emotion there? I'm with you Im sure everyone reacts differently in situations but as a mom I could see her holding it together for a few words then fall apart gather herself and then fall apart... I'm not making accusations ... In my opinion I almost had to shut the video off after hearing her repeat "that baby" "that baby" a few times... Maybe she's trying to distance herself mentally of the possible different outcomes...

This was in reply to a video posted...sorry I don't comment too much I am more of an observer and thinker... And this is why because I probably will put things in the wrong place ...

I haven't watched the video because I'm afraid it will upset me too much (though now I'm curious), but I've often referred to my daughter as "that baby" and "that little girl."

Matthew was adamant that he drove to the intersection of Clear Creek Rd and Cloverdale Ln, completed a U-turn and drove back home. Investigators took Matthew to the location and drove the route. The round trip from the Happy Stop Market and back took approximately 8 minutes under normal driving speeds.
What Matthew didn’t know prior to making that statement is that detectives had video surveillance showing he left the Happy Stop Market and also video of him driving back by over an hour later. When he was shown this he immediately said he didn’t think it was that long and then could not remember what he did or went during that hour. When detectives pressed him to remember, he asked to speak with a lawyer before any further questioning. This is one of many inconstancies in Matthews’s statement.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/dads-inconsistencies-revealed

Those inconsistencies are a lot different than what MG's father was talking about in msm.

LE's report, which is embedded within the text of this article, offers so much information - and is difficult to read. As a Pediatric Polysomnographer (sleep technologist) I question whether or not Baby Ember's medications completely prevent her from entering REM sleep. Medications can act as REM suppressants, which typically delay the onset of REM sleep. However, infants differ from children and adults in that they exhibit Sleep Onset REM (SOREM) - that is, they attain REM as they fall asleep. The only other time this occurs is abnormally in narcoleptics and in marked sleep deprivation.

Without a nocturnal polysomnogram (PSG) or sleep study to verify her sleep architecture, there's no way to verify if Baby Ember was or wasn't attaining REM. Her "flailing sleep" could have been from any number of reasons (other disorders of sleep, possible nocturnal seizures, etc.).
Because of her preexisting seizure disorder, and her cyclical awakenings, she should have had a sleep study to rule out any other underlying sleep disorder such as sleep apnea (especially concerning IMO is whether or not there is a central vs. obstructive component). OSA is marked by a narrowing of the airway, but the breathing muscles continue to make the effort to breathe. CSA is more rare, and occurs when the signal to breathe does not reach the respiratory muscles (and Baby literally holds her breath).

To know that Baby Ember was being exposed to honey oil smoke and chemicals complicates things for the worse. :stormingmad:

If there's ever a child who needs to be monitored by a hypervigilant parent, preferably with an apnea monitor IMO, it's Baby Ember.

All I can say, after this very long post, is that I am hertbroken, terrified, and things look AWFUL at this juncture. I'd give anything to be wrong. :twocents:

:praying:
:candle:
#FindBabyEmber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm just totally sick at my stomach.
Ember's mom also knew what conditions this baby was overnighting in.
jmo
RSBM Emph. mine

You and probably the rest of us here are wanting to 'projectile' hurl. :( My god.

As far as the sperm donor here, MG (I refuse to call him a 'father' or 'dad'); I will need to sit on my hands.
Seriously wondering what the heck was Ember's mom thinking ? Just how simple minded could a person be to think this was a liveable situation ? By simple minded I'm thinking about someone who is blinded by their "need" for someone --- to the point they are no longer living in reality.

What were the grandparents of Ember thinking ? Were they shut out by these two and not allowed a 'say' in the conditions in which their granddaughter was going to live ?

People who are blessed enough to have a baby at all should be grateful and ensure his/her proper care ... and if it's not possible; let someone else look after your little one !!! Smh.

:moo:

So sad. I posted and deleted the above twitter. I can't help but think drugs played in all this. But I can't and will never understand why someone just doesn't speak up something happen and now its time to live with that fate., ugh so frustrating.. Ember is a beautiful baby.

Is it possible MG decided to give the baby some of that oil he was making thinking it would calm her down and instead she died?
Or did he go some place which required lots of walking and leave her in that hot car?
Also, who puts a 7 month old fussy baby unstrapped in a car seat, did something happen to her if she has a seizure not strapped in?

This one just hurts my heart. I watched NG tonight and saw a beautiful, healthy baby girl in her mothers lap playing with some tissue paper. She was happy, smiling, clean and looked like she was loved.

What the heck happened?

I watched the video of the mother. She seems a little off, super focused on all the people helping, and sort of repeats herself and pauses awkwardly. I think she's medicated.

Is it possible MG decided to give the baby some of that oil he was making thinking it would calm her down and instead she died?
Or did he go some place which required lots of walking and leave her in that hot car?
Also, who puts a 7 month old fussy baby unstrapped in a car seat, did something happen to her if she has a seizure not strapped in?

After reading the agency report linked earlier that described the side FX of the meds this sweet baby was on, my first thought was "he didn't give her those meds because he KNEW she'd be restless and wide awake and he wanted her sleeping". My second thought was "did he dose her to get her back to sleep?"

I wasn't born yesterday but seriously I've never heard of 'honey oil' or wax. Hash oil yes, but I didn't know it was the same thing. I can't even imagine a 6 month old baby with seizures being given such crap or how it would affect them. I don't dare say what I think of Ember's mother, allowing this precious baby girl to be with this person, in these conditions. I don't care HOW much she thinks he loved her.

Best to end here before I get myself in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109