CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mo., Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

I 'thanked' your post because I welcome your opinion. It would be a boring world if everyone agreed with each other.
Maybe Jamie G. was raised in conditions like this trailer -- without running water and a working toilet ? Some people living off the grid survive like this. And so she'd think it was fine.
My opinion is that MG may have misled her into thinking he was some sort of dependable, responsible man. Like perhaps MG told her that the trailer was going to have improvements or remodeling ? When he may have been nothing like that.

I was not trying to judge JG -- apologies for a post that appeared to condemn without reason -- ; nothing has surfaced that would make one think she had prior knowledge of what MG might have done to Ember.
It strains the mind to think he will try to pass this off as an accident. That is, if Ember is deceased.

The best news is that Ember appeared with him on the surveillance vid., showing she was alive and in good health (as in, not suffering a seizure). Just how the heck is MG going to spin this ? Is he going to say he stopped by the road somewhere else for a drink and someone snatched her from his truck ?
I think le will know how to get information out of him.

This case is one of those where I get too upset... mostly because there's a baby involved. A little one who is utterly helpless, and completely dependent on her caregivers. :( Just seems like she was failed by one who should have had her best interests at heart.

:moo:

No. I think he's already said, he took her back home, put her to bed and someone stole her out of her crib in his trailer. Whatever happened - whatever it was - I don't think he will say actually what happened is while I was out someone stole her from my truck and I ended up coming home without her.

RSBM

I 'thanked' your post because I welcome your opinion. It would be a boring world if everyone agreed with each other.
Maybe Jamie G. was raised in conditions like this trailer -- without running water and a working toilet ? Some people living off the grid survive like this. And so she'd think it was fine.
My opinion is that MG may have misled her into thinking he was some sort of dependable, responsible man. Like perhaps MG told her that the trailer was going to have improvements or remodeling ? When he may have been nothing like that.

I was not trying to judge JG -- apologies for a post that appeared to condemn without reason -- ; nothing has surfaced that would make one think she had prior knowledge of what MG might have done to Ember.
It strains the mind to think he will try to pass this off as an accident. That is, if Ember is deceased.

The best news is that Ember appeared with him on the surveillance vid., showing she was alive and in good health (as in, not suffering a seizure). Just how the heck is MG going to spin this ? Is he going to say he stopped by the road somewhere else for a drink and someone snatched her from his truck ?
I think le will know how to get information out of him.

This case is one of those where I get too upset... mostly because there's a baby involved. A little one who is utterly helpless, and completely dependent on her caregivers. :( Just seems like she was failed by one who should have had her best interests at heart.

:moo:

Thank you. I appreciate and respect your opinion as well. We all tend to get riled up because this stuff seems to happen all too frequently. I have no idea what to think anymore.

I think you should read Wally Lamb's "Couldn't Keep it to Ourselves". Nonfiction histories written by women currently in prison in the US, young and older. You might be very surprised at the circumstances some people in the US live in. Wally Lamb taught a writing class in a women's prison, recently, and published their stories.

I think you might be surprised - as I was - at the depravity and hopelessness some families endure in the good old US of A.

OT sorry ~ LOVE Wally Lamb... first read "I Know This Much is True" then "She's Come Undone" then in order.. will have to check out your recommendation.
Anyone who has a family member with mental illness should read IKTMIT imo

I'm sorry but I do think it's extremely relevant that the mom allowed her baby to go sleep in those conditions especially knowing what we do about her health. It's really not reasonable to say, "in other parts of the world..." In other parts of the world women are publicly beaten for being disrespectful, children are left to starve, etc.. It's just not relevant to the ways of this country.
I think it's extremely suspicious that the baby was allowed to sleep over there the first time and this happens. I would not even allow my 10 year old to sleep there (and she's a rough and tumble kid that spends most of her time working with cows) but my baby? Forget it. She was choosing to live there, she had another option. I don't see that as someone putting their baby first at all, I see that as her being infatuated with the dad and putting that ahead of the baby. She's obvs pretty well spoken, it's just too much of a stretch to say she did not realize this was not a good situation for a baby.
I'm starting to feel it's more and more likely she will end up being somehow involved or having more info than she's letting on unfortunately.

So you smoke the honey oil? Sorry I've never heard of it either.
What would happen if he was smoking it around Ember with her health conditions.
Just had a thought come to me what if he blew it in her face?

Hoping against odds that Ember is safe.

JMO

My source said yes, you smoke it. Either laced over pot or laced over tobacco in home rolled joints used to be the norm 25-30 years ago. Unsure of how it's ingested these days. Blowing it into a baby's face would definitely have an impact as they naturally inhale despite the toxic air around them. Unlike adults breathing toxic crap around them, infants don't hold their breath.

March 3rd: From his FB (and I assume this is okay per TOS since LE have named him a POI) he mentions "rippen (sic) the pipe" which is a reference to smoking dope while baby Ember is still in the hospital while his wife is sleeping https://www.facebook.com/matthew.graham.71697/posts/934491103227983

March 13th: public plea to earn some cash and offers to "make some wax if anyone is interested in buying" https://www.facebook.com/matthew.graham.71697/posts/939834909360269

I saw all this a few days ago but decided to keep it to myself until/unless LE named him a POI. Which now they have. Interestingly enough, BOTH posts are set to "public" so he sure as heck wasn't shy about what he was into. Which tells me everyone (including baby-mama and his family) knew full well what kind of lifestyle he was all about.

I don't know. I really don't. It could be that he planned all along to murder this baby, and then be free of his obligation. But what I'm seeing on facebook is he REALLY wanted to be with the baby, and when he was, he invited family there to enjoy her with him. He was worried that the rumors about him being with an ex might cause him to not have visitation with Ember.

I'm just not seeing it, that he planned ahead to kill her, which is what you're surmising. Although I agree that could be the case, you never know what's in someone's heart. There have certainly been men who have killed their children (i'm specifically thinking of the dad who poisoned his kids with halloween pixie sticks 20+ years ago and NO ONE suspected it).

I'm surmising it based on the police statement. He went to the gas station with Ember. She was alive as he brought her inside. Then he inexplicably drove in the opposite direction from his house with the baby, and was gone in that direction for one hour. After an hour, his car was seen coming back an hour later.

When asked where he had gone and how long he was gone for....he lied. He lied.

Coincidentally, just a few hours later, he reported the baby missing.

Not directed at you dear JeannaT, but I don't give a darn what he posted on facebook or how loving he seemed. The horrible case of baby Elohora, which Scarlett just posted about above, had a dad who posted similar photos of him cuddling his baby as she slept on him, only days before he raped his newborn to death. His family likewise said how great he was.

Appearances can be deceiving.

I'm having a hard time with this. Why would this baby have been sent to sleep there overnight? In a playpen with a broken door, no running water? It sounds like it was well established that this baby needs extra care overnight. I'm just not understanding this at all. How could anyone make the choice to have a baby living in those conditions when there were other options?? It sounds like she was still alive when he went to the gas station though since he took her inside?? But why would he not buckle her in the seat???

Do we know whether the place the mother was living was any better?

Every time we go to Happy Valley (our doctors office is on Cloverdale) we have no service. No cell service until we get back onto Hwy 273 (Market st.) The roads that are out there are one lane each way and there are curves. These are back roads and there isn't another way to take to get home.
If he was gone for an hour according to video surveillance than he could have gone through Redding. Makes me think that maybe I should be searching in my area instead of HV.

Also possible that he could have been on his way to a drug deal - either buying or selling. Not that something might not have happened somewhere along the way (hot car?) but I wouldn't assume he was out on a mission to kill the baby and dump her body.

See my previous posts. I completely disagree and I do not think this mother needs our judgment. We do not know her background or anything about her. We do not know if she has the ability or know-how to provide better. It seems to me that she is guilty of trusting the baby's father to care for her adequately, nothing more.

Let's not forget, there are other places in this world where living conditions are similar to this trailer, if not worse, and people manage to raise healthy and happy kids. The problem here isn't the living conditions.

Agreed that children all over the world are being raised in similar or worse conditions than what baby Ember was going to live in. Sadly this is not the standard of the USA. People in America are aware of the standards when it comes to raising happy healthy children. Ignorance of this standard is no excuse for making a child live in that. If children services were made aware, baby Ember would have been in care. Then maybe she would be safe in a foster home.

Do we know whether the place the mother was living was any better?

Right now, no. But based on some sleuthing which I can't share at the moment and some comments during the fight, IMO the answer is yes, it was better.

From what we know from MSM, mom was preparing to move back in with MG. IMO, this sounds like it was probably a choice she was making. She, as far as I know has been living with her parents and Ember. Posts to her SM which can't be brought here do not show deplorable living conditions wherever she has been living recently. Why couldn't Ember just stay there with her while she packed up?

Surely, they could have qualified for some financial assistance to live somewhere with running water, working sewage facilities and possibly even air conditioning...

JMO

But it's a choice they made to bring that little girl into those conditions. She's taking a seven month old with know health issues, onto a property that has open sewage flowing, but no clean running water. If I was a grandmother, I would of called CPS on my daughter and take control of my grandchild, as soon as I became aware of the living condition. I wonder if her dad hurt her pretty bad ie; broken bones and doesn't want anyone to know - like Casey Anthony - hide and hope no one finds them.

From what we know from MSM, mom was preparing to move back in with MG. IMO, this sounds like it was probably a choice she was making. She, as far as I know has been living with her parents and Ember. Posts to her SM which can't be brought here do not show deplorable living conditions wherever she has been living recently. Why couldn't Ember just stay there with her while she packed up?

Surely, they could have qualified for some financial assistance to live somewhere with running water, working sewage facilities and possibly even air conditioning...

JMO

From what I've read she couldn't tend to baby and pack and move at the same time. To be completely frank, I call BS. Untold millions of mothers have been doing this very thing since the beginning of humanity without any special assistance. Shoot, most moms do it while packing baby on their hip and stuffing boxes at the same time. I don't want to come off as unkind or uncaring but honestly I'm sick of whiney excuses from precious little delicate flowers.

As my own 32 year old daughter likes to say, "suck it up, buttercup". Do what needs doing and stop pretending you're such a delicate china doll that you need angels surrounding you at all times. (I have no idea where my daughter gets her ideas). ;)

FWIW his Instagram is also public (link posted earlier) username grahamboy0424

From what I've read she couldn't tend to baby and pack and move at the same time. To be completely frank, I call BS. Untold millions of mothers have been doing this very thing since the beginning of humanity without any special assistance. Shoot, most moms do it while packing baby on their hip and stuffing boxes at the same time. I don't want to come off as unkind or uncaring but honestly I'm sick of whiney excuses from precious little delicate flowers.

As my own 32 year old daughter likes to say, "suck it up, buttercup". Do what needs doing and stop pretending you're such a delicate china doll that you need angels surrounding you at all times. (I have no idea where my daughter gets her ideas). ;)

Amen to that.

Hoping for a healthy baby boy. Not sure what's so off about that. Am I missing something?

Yeah, I'm guess y'all are right. The first thing I read was that he wanted a boy. Everything just seems SO sinister to me right now :(

Considering the level of his drug use, for him to post that just felt like a punch in the gut.

If you don't see it the same way (that perhaps he wasn't happy - later - that Baby Ember was a girl) that's reassuring.
My mind also wondered whether or not there's a dynamic at play regarding her special needs. IMO/IME, it's not uncommon for parents to blame themselves (or each other) when this happens. Then there's the extended family dynamic as well (and we've seen that MG hasn't hidden anything). So, this post seems SO disingenuous to me. I can only imagine the tensions at play, and wonder if MG's paternal drug use (pre-natal and post-partum) is a cornerstone to this case.

Looking at the photos on his SM - appearances seem to matter to him. :dunno:

Trying to find the right words here, hope :moo: is making at least a little bit of sense. :blushing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if JG even knew the conditions MG was living in when she let Ember stay with him. Was this the "home" she was moving to that day? Or were they moving back in together somewhere else? I missed seeing specifics.

And if she did know, yes, there are people with children in this country who live in similar situations...either by choice, ignorance or "necessity" (but there is no necessity to be messy or dirty IMO). The kids do survive, but with a special needs child like Ember, I can't imagine that her medical team or CPS would approve. JMO

100% agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members