CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mo., Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search for missing baby suspended, new details released | Action News Now
[...]
Shasta County Sheriff's Sgt. Pat Kropholler said that when investigating the possibility Ember was abducted, as Matthew Graham claims, detectives considered several facts:

Matthew was keeping Ember in an approximate 25 foot camp trailer on the Noosha Lane property. The trailer door leading to Ember's playpen, where Matthew said she was sleeping, has a broken door handle mechanism and needs to be opened with a screwdriver. An abductor would have to know how to open that door. Crime scene technicians found the door to be difficult to open and close as it did not fit in the frame well and made noise opening and closing.

According to Matthew, Ember would cry anytime a stranger picked her up, making it highly unlikely she was taken from the property unnoticed.

More@Link
http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/search-for-missing-6-month-old-winding-down/#.VZxhaCIb8Js.twitter

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one I just posted was shown on the news as the location where the dad was living, but I'm not sure where/when the other picture came from. Also not sure if the one the news showed was accurate. So to echo your sentiments, ugh!

The yucky trailer looks uninhabitable, with a broken window and general disrepair. It just doesn't make sense to me that JG would agree to live there with her baby. It seems more likely that the photos were taken without knowing which one MJ was staying in, and the yucky one is more sensational for the news. I vote for the "Taj Mahal" for now, just so I can sleep tonight. Poor Ember.

The yucky trailer looks uninhabitable, with a broken window and general disrepair. It just doesn't make sense to me that JG would agree to live there with her baby. It seems more likely that the photos were taken without knowing which one MJ was staying in, and the yucky one is more sensational for the news. I vote for the "Taj Mahal" for now, just so I can sleep tonight. Poor Ember.

LOL.

Yeah, the "Taj Mahal" one looks like it has his Chevy truck parked next to it too.

Sleep well.

Regardless of which trailer it was....after seeing the photos you all posted....I am more convinced that unless Dad was passed out - no one could have left with this baby without being heard or seen. The windows are too small to enter / exit . There is no where to go easily if discovered so one would have to be pretty confident an adult wasn't there or capable of stopping the kidnapping.

Random question but curious - is it assumed the stroller in the picture is Ember's? If so - what is the bright green rope on the left of it? it appears to be hanging down from top/bottom? is it a way to mark evidence ? it creeped me out a bit - assuming LE put it there.

The report states that the camera shows him returning an hour later - where did they go? If he was driving around to get her to sleep like MG stated....I would think he'd stay very close to home to do that. My cousin had to do this with her first child and would circle the house for a while and then quickly get baby into bed. If that was the case here ......did he not want to wake her and left her in the truck thinking he'd get some sleep himself and come out for her later but hours passed andwith the heat..... ?
I have gone over every accidental possibility but I come back to - If accidental - why not report it as such? I think someone is more eager to pass blame and lie if they know the condition of the body will indicate a non-accident occurred.

Remorse? Why would he express "remorse" if he didn't harm her? And honestly, how many parents who are truly innocent of any wrong doing who are brought in for 8+ hours of questioning turn the tables on the cops and begin to demand answers?

None, is my guess. None. Innocent people sit there looking sad and don't demand anything. In my observation.

someone used the wrong word when they said remorse

I think many innocent parents would be frustrated after 20 minutes of questioning & start demanding to know what else they're doing to find baby - because every hour, every minute, every second counts and must be excrutiating when your child is in danger

by the end of 8 hours, I might be catatonic but when there's something more important than your discomfort going on, all sense of decorum vanishes - in other words, you don't care if you're being rude & demanding to people in authority - because natural, emotional reactions take the place of common courtesy

JMO

People on the Our Baby Ember page have been going nuts - accusing LE and family of cover ups etc. No wonder LE don't usually want just anyone turning up and organizing their own searches - people are talking about items they found and moved, and are then outraged that they were asked to leave the search. The guy who was posting earlier about bringing his hounds and encouraging others with dogs to join him has also been asked to leave and has done so in a huff it seems.
Poor little Ember.

This photo may have been linked already but just in case - it shows truck on camera image.jpg

16201 Cloverdale Rd

http://goo.gl/maps/OPgfV

This is the map of the Happy Stop market. Thus far, this is the last place Ember was seen on surveillance.

The search groups are using this as the meeting place/command center, for now.

Grandpa said something that really bothers me in this interview. He said Ember was a FOOTBALL to MG. Following up with "he is always carrying her around" You throw footballs, pass footballs and kick footballs and yes you also carry them. I found this particular camparison to be strange and I've not heard it before.
Has anyone heard of a baby referred to as a football before?

well, there is the 'football' hold to soothe a baby with upset tummy

I am confused. Was Ember alive and well seen by others when he went into the store and was he with her?

I can see why things are pointing to dad. But babies do go missing from there home while parents sleep. Riley Fox, Rileys dad spent months in prison, he confessed to killing her, but turns out it was someone else. Jessica Lunsford, again someone else came into her home. Home kidnappings do happen.

I am confused. Was Ember alive and well seen by others when he went into the store and was he with her?
http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/press_releases.aspx

Matthew told detectives that he was taking a drive to get Ember to fall asleep. Keeping in mind the sweltering temperatures that day, and that his vehicle is not equipped with air conditioning the child would not likely fall asleep under those conditions. Matthew was adamant that he drove to the intersection of Clear Creek Rd and Cloverdale Ln, completed a U-turn and drove back home. Investigators took Matthew to the location and drove the route. The round trip from the Happy Stop Market and back took approximately 8 minutes under normal driving speeds. Matthew said he did not stop and did not have any vehicle problems while on this trip. He agreed that it only took under 10 minutes to complete the drive.

What Matthew didn’t know prior to making that statement is that detectives had video surveillance showing he left the Happy Stop Market and also video of him driving back by over an hour later. When he was shown this he immediately said he didn’t think it was that long and then could not remember what he did or went during that hour. When detectives pressed him to remember, he asked to speak with a lawyer before any further questioning. This is one of many inconstancies in Matthews’s statement.

She was with him at the market.

I am trying to find the other link that states more.

I found the other link:
http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/dads-inconsistencies-revealed

Graham arrived with the baby not fastened in her seat — presumably on Wednesday before he reported the baby was missing. He took her into the store and pumped fuel. It is not immediately clear if the baby was still in the seat when Graham went into the store.

The sheriff’s office said Graham drove out of the parking lot, heading west on Cloverdale Road, and in the opposite direction of his home on Noosha Lane.

I believe that is the assumption but let's see what others say. I thought he had her sitting in her car seat unfastened and he purchased a snack and pumped some gas. I am guessing he was carrying her around in her car seat/carrier....and that she wasn't sitting in the truck unattended. Therefore I am further assuming she was alive in the store even though they described her as sleeping. That also makes me wonder -if he was driving around trying to get her to sleep - why disturb her by stopping and taking her out ....unless he was that low on gas.
I feel there is a side we are missing. The FB posts are those of a loving, doting father but I get a feeling he was struggling on some level. Struggling to support themselves, struggling to get a decent job. I think he broke down at some point during her stay.

I am reading all the FB posts and trying to take them with a grain of salt since they can be emotionally fueled and rumor. However one person did say they went to LE (tip line ) letting them know MG was seen Wednesday pulled over on the road and the person felt it was an odd place to be. Granted every move will be analyzed. But this person felt it was worth reporting and I am trying to see how far that location is from the gas stop. The post is under the second one on the page and one scroll back to previous Comments.

ETA - 6 minutes from gas station and the place is a treatment center.

In one of the news clips posted you can see that he does remove her from the car in the baby bucket seat. It appears that she is buckled into the car seat itself but not fastened by a car seat belt.

I guess what I'm left wondering, among other things, is: They were a young couple, and their parents seem to be in the picture. Why weren't they living with them? It appears Ember and mom were living with her parents. Why wouldn't MG move in there too? I know it's ideal that they'd be able to live on their own to raise her, but if they couldn't provide for her, why weren't they living with his (or her) parents as a family?

I know not all families can afford to add mom, dad and baby into the mix, but I would think if it would stop ember from living where it appears they would be moving, anything could be better than that.

Also, per MG's Instagram (hope this is ok to post) it appears he went from job to job. Working on cars at one point and then delivering pizzas.

My opinion only. This is only my third post, but I'm pretty wrapped up and emotionally invested here haha.

Has MG's ex girlfriend been cleared? Is it possible that he was seeing someone else on the side, and that's where he went during the hour drive? Maybe he passed the baby off, in which case there would be a number of possibilities, in regard to her fate.
No one knows how he truly felt about becoming a "family man" (using those words very loosely). Maybe he felt pressured and didn't really want to be burdened with the responsibility, even though he was going along with having JG move in with baby Ember. He clearly hadn't changed his habits and/or way of life.
I want to say that from his FB posts, he doesn't look like the type of guy who would harm his baby, BUT...after being exposed to all these cases on WS, it's very hard! Either way, his lack of cooperation w LE and conflicting stories speak volumes. Really hoping for a positive outcome, but it's not looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member