CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hash isn't like alcohol in that sense. Again, it's concentrated THC. You wouldn't "black out" but you could get so tired, you would put yourself to bed. You would forget small things, as in misplacing your keys, forgetting what you were doing, etc. You definitely wouldn't forget where you put a baby or that you are caring for a baby unless you shouldn't be a parent anyway.

ETA: Clarification after thinking about this more. "Blacking out" is sort of possible. If you smoked a lot, then yes, you could and would fall asleep somewhere but I think of it differently because once the "high" wore off, you would most likely wake up completely sober and coherent. Very different than "blacking out" from alcohol or anything else IMO.

Thank you for sharing that because I think when his high did wear off - he was sober and realized what happened . I watched a documentary once on parents who left children in their cars truly accidently. The show had a doctor /expert who explained how in certain situations, the mind fills in gaps inaccurately and that its' possible when dealing with a newborn or very young child to completely forget them when stressed or going about a daily routine that once didn't include them. One new Mom put her baby boy in the car seat and had an important meeting at work. She grabbed coffee as usual and thought she dropped her child off at daycare - until the husband went to pick the baby up and they said he had never made it there. In her absent mindedness and rush to get to work - she had left him in the car all day. The community scorned her and she went through enormous guilt as any parent would. The show documented several instances of this and until I watched it - I had always been angered by such stories. How could anyone forget a child? I could never understand it. Now with that in mind, I can see MG doing such a thing since he is not typically used to a routine with this child to begin with and could have been impaired. He may not have blacked out from the drugs but just forgot her.

I do question how he says he can't remember details regarding the hour that police want to account for (between the time he was seen in the store and the time he was captured back)....but remembers that he turned off the swamp cooler and placed EG in her play pen. He's blaming drugs for not recalling his location one hour but gives small details the next. He asked for a lawyer when pressed with questions about the missing hour so he either felt like he was being confronted/framed or that he knew the answer and at that point decided he needed representation /defending.

I think we're still arguing a very fine point, Gitana. If you are taking this case as a whole, and looking at all the evidence and implications, and coming up with the belief that you are certain the baby wasn't abducted from her crib, that's one thing.

But to say, blanketly, that babies being abducted from a crib at night is so rare that that alone is enough to decide that didn't happen in this case - I have to completely disagree with. What if I told you I went to a pond yesterday and saw a baby turtle with two heads? Would be rather rare, but could happen.

And I don't share your confidence in LE. At all.

Nope. First, it is not a fine point at all. It's the whole darn case! It's how cases are solved- by combining probabilities and stats with the specific facts of a specific case.

Second, not once did I say that the rarity of such cases (and again, except the Lindbergh baby case 83 years ago, I have yet to see one proven case of an infant abducted from his or her bed at night proven where it is not a family case, including every one of your links, none of which involve a non-family abduction of a baby at night from his or her crib. So it's less than a rarity.), is enough to decide that such did not happen here. Or in any case.

Give me a broken-into a house, a strange car racing off, or slowly driving away, dogs barking frantically, a family friend or acquaintance who has suddenly disappeared, tire tracks, foot prints, hand prints on a crib, windowsill or door, cigarette butts outside the window, a figure seen running away with a bundle, give me something, anything, to suggest the possibility if a stranger abduction! I will go there in this case or any other.

I go into cases open-minded. Please read my last post to see why the facts of this specific case, coupled with the stats, have caused me to trust LE's focus. It's clear to me. But I don't expect everyone to share my opinion. And that's perfectly okay!!!

I know the topic of time was discussed before but .... can we be sure both camera times were accurate? Could one not have made a change for Pacific Daylight time back in March? Regardless we still have a missing baby and I still don't think the time would indicate someone else took her - just that he didn't take an hour on the ride back.

Question: What is a swamp cooler?
A swamp cooler is kind of like air conditioning that uses water evaporation to cool the place. It works ok in a dry climate, not as good as air conditioning but better than nothing.

I don't know all details cuz' I'm not 'caught up', but IMO po po is tailing him 24-7 now, no question there.

Question: I read that his trailer is a total dump, but I THOUGHT I read that the mother went to the gate and took a bunch of pics' and said that's a mistake - his trailer is keen and a nearby trailer is the dump.

Question: What is a swamp cooler?

Being a Mega-Parent with lotta double lotta experience, IMO, with that baby's illness & med', feedings every 2 hrs. endlessly would wear the adults down - sounds tough. Also, I thought we all need REM sleep? Doesn't that make a baby/person like 'mentally ill' if they're not getting REM sleep?

IMO, the videos I've now seen of the dad, IMO he sure seems to love his kids (he has 2). All I can think is that he got crazy on whatever he was using, and/or, he is the sort of Jekyll-Hyde personality when he uses - anyone know??

And IMO the one thing I find creepy and wierd is that t-shirt of his with the shovel & the 2 other things on it....

Can someone post a map of Ono - is there a fast-flowing deep creek there? Cliffs such that no one can get to the bottom...? tyia

395d50151e82d31dd6821cc80258014c.jpg

The red dropped pin is
Ono, CA 96047
http://goo.gl/maps/eVdTi

HTH....
#FindEmberSkye
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that Ember probably died in the dad's care, but, isn't this last line judgemental?

That actually occurred to me when I typed it and the answer is yes, however I worded my thoughts poorly. I did not mean to say that MG IS evil but rather that if what I think occurred is actually what happened, then he is. Does that make sense?

In other words, I don't think this has anything to do with what he was smoking, where he lived, what the mother thought or anything else that the parents are being judged for, for that matter. I think this may be just another case of child abuse leading to death, plain and simple.

I know the topic of time was discussed before but .... can we be sure both camera times were accurate? Could one not have made a change for Pacific Daylight time back in March? Regardless we still have a missing baby and I still don't think the time would indicate someone else took her - just that he didn't take an hour on the ride back.

I think this may become a crucial point in the case (as was brought up in Thread #1). Unless the timestamped images of the truck, which aren approximately an hour apart, have been adjusted (e.g. Photoshop), there's no way the lighting didn't change more between 8 & 9pm. However, between 7 & 8pm is a whole other animal. This would shift the entire timeline.

It's something that needs to be looked into (and probably already has by LE - they just aren't telling us). :twocents:

:sleuth:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if Matthew stopped by the cousin's trailer to get water & had Ember in his arms, as stated by the cousin's girlfriend, HOW did he carry both the water & Ember back to his trailer? are we missing facts from that particular scenario?

The daylight savings time setting occurred to me the other day too, but all of these shots that I've seen of MG's truck (in the lot and on the street) are from the same camera. The elapsed time is what's crucial at this point -- not so much whether the time stamps were accurate about which hour he was gone (other than trying to make sense of the cousin's "sun was still up" when she saw him with the baby).

I know LE doesn't always tell us everything and I find it interesting that the car seat hasn't been mentioned at all by them. If Ember were left in the car accidentally while on the hour long run, or overnight, there would be evidence in the car seat if MG disposed of her after realizing his mistake.

Could the cousin's girlfriend have seen MG carry a baby blanket/clothes as you would carry a baby, in case he was being watched? But, possibly there was no Ember in that blanket/clothing.

Since it's a security camera the store would make sure the time was accurate. It would suck to be robbed and see the robber get off because the time was wrong. The date and year are correct so most likely the timestamp is also correct. Even if the reference timestamp was off the elapsed time would still be consistent. IOW, say the time was wrong and it was really 7 pm not 8 pm - first image would show 7:04 and second would show 8:04.

The only way to alter the elapsed time would be to go into the camera software and manually edit the footage itself by inserting an hour's worth of images or else reprogram the time on each and every frame. Very unlikely.

if Matthew stopped by the cousin's trailer to get water & had Ember in his arms, as stated by the cousin's girlfriend, HOW did he carry both the water & Ember back to his trailer? are we missing facts from that particular scenario?

If he got water for his swamp cooler...well mine will hold close to 5 gallons and has to be filled every few hours even on the lowest setting. So if the water were for the swamp cooler it certainly would be difficult.. Good question. I would not be able to do it and hold a baby. If it were just a gallon, then maybe so but with a sleeping baby that would again be difficult unless baby was in a papoose thing. I would assume the baby would need at least bottled water which would not be had by a hose or faucet.
I still wonder if the baby was alive at the convenience store or if he just carried her in to appear she was asleep. It also would not make sense to continue to drive around for an hour if the baby was already asleep..just no reason, if that really was the reason he gave for driving around with the baby. Also he may have needed gas from the station to go out a ways to dispose of baby :(. Hope LE knows if he bought gas and how much etc also if they confiscated his truck they can then deduct amount bought from amount used etc.
I think it is terribly odd that it seems parents with missing children tend to have been inebriated during the times when their children go missing. Example: Misty Cummings, Debbie Irwin and now this one. Is it their way of covering their butts by saying OH I WAS so messed up I passed out and didnt hear anything? Seems like it to me. I guess it's better to be a drunk/drug addicted parent than one who kills their kid and then does something with them and they are never heard of again.

I do believe it is possible for children to go missing from their cribs though. I mean they have to be recovered later to have it determined if they were indeed kidnapped or not, and even then that is not always going to be conclusive. Just saying. IMO

The daylight savings time setting occurred to me the other day too, but all of these shots that I've seen of MG's truck (in the lot and on the street) are from the same camera. The elapsed time is what's crucial at this point -- not so much whether the time stamps were accurate about which hour he was gone (other than trying to make sense of the cousin's "sun was still up" when she saw him with the baby).

Saw your post after I wrote mine. That's exactly right and said much better.

A strong young man could easily carry a 5-gallon jug of water in one hand and a little baby in the other. Or maybe he has a wagon or something to roll the container along. He had to lug water over to the trailer probably several times a day... every day.

A strong young man could easily carry a 5-gallon jug of water in one hand and a little baby in the other. Or maybe he has a wagon or something to roll it along.

do we know she supplied him with a 5-gallon jug? I was visualizing a pan of water but yeah if it's a jug with a handle, he could probably manage it

IIRC there is just one camera.

do we know she supplied him with a 5-gallon jug? I was visualizing a pan of water but yeah if it's a jug with a handle, he could probably manage it

No, I don't know for sure about a 5-gallon jug, per se; but if he had to do this several times a day, every day, I'd imagine that it was some kind of convenient container.

It's 3 pm here - I wish we'd get another update. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member