CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... I just can't imagine if this happened to a grandchild by the hands of MY child!

Chicogirl you mentioned trying to figure out STA- it is short for Station. Lancaster does have temporary housing for males and females, I would suspect that after she is arraigned if unable to post bond she will be transferred to larger holding facility.

Thanks Tammie- duh?? lol I wasnt familiar with LASD or Lancaster's facilities, and didnt even think about the word station. I live within LAPD city limits and when my BIL was arrested on an assault charge, he was taken from The West Valley local station to TT- Twin Towers until court the following Monday- Thank you- I wasnt aware how the SD worked out there ;)

Also, I am amazed that they have kept their investigation so tightly sealed- I really dont need to hear the facts about another precious baby killed before her time to shine :) WS is one thing, but to hear it everywhere you go around , is starting to get old. I feel confident justice will be served in this case, unfortunately for both Emma AND Stacey.

Thanks Tammie- duh?? lol I wasnt familiar with LASD or Lancaster's facilities, and didnt even think about the word station. I live within LAPD city limits and when my BIL was arrested on an assault charge, he was taken from The West Valley local station to TT- Twin Towers until court the following Monday- Thank you- I wasnt aware how the SD worked out there ;)

Also, I am amazed that they have kept their investigation so tightly sealed- I really dont need to hear the facts about another precious baby killed before her time to shine :) WS is one thing, but to hear it everywhere you go around , is starting to get old. I feel confident justice will be served in this case, unfortunately for both Emma AND Stacey.

AMEN, Chicogirl!! That's why we stuck with it. I am heartbroken for the grandparents and brother, Nick. Can you even imagine?

I am wondering if it wasn't accidental that the "accident" happened on the father's birthday.

I never said that I agree with her covering up her story or doing what she did with Emma after the fact.. Believe me I understand that..... Believe me Stacey realized the mistake she made.. NO SHE DID NOT KILL HER DAUGHTER... and she has to live with what she did every day that she wakes up and that is hard enough on her. NO she does not deserve the death penalty for she did not kill or rape anyone... Its punishment enough to see pictures of what she doesnt have in her life anymore.. Something that ment the world to her. And for those of you about her father.. From someone who was a part of Emma and Staceys life... Anthony & Stacey had there issues and NO he wasnt there in the beginning... He didnt start becomming a part of Emmas life until her first birthday.. If he wanted to he sure didnt play a major part in trying until the end.. Either way Leave both of them alone to greive and stop criticizing what you dont know..

http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstor...n-Toddlers-Death=1&blockID=243852&feedID=1198

This is from her friend AMber who you quoted earlier Lovejac- I went on KTLA to see if they had any news before I go to bed ;)

She seems VERY adamant in a few of her posts that Stacey is innocent and has to live with this-IF, AND ONLY IF it was an accident, then why the freaking million dollar bond and 2nd degree charge? Wouldnt a complete accident be manslauter? LE took their time with this, and must have a tight case-

I bet Stacey is wishing she would have just called 911 and rolled with whatever would have come about with that outcome, which would be the right thing to do- Thats why Im not sure yet if I buy the TOTALLY accidental theory- WHY would you stage such elaborate scheme if youre innocent???

Chicogirl, I found this explanation of murder charges.

By US defination:

"Murder in the first degree is the wilful, deliberate, malicious and premeditated killing of a human being."

"Murder in the second degree is the unlawful killing of a human being with malice. but without premeditation and deliberation." - http://www.law.ua.edu/colquitt/crimmain/...

"Murder in the third degree is killing someone without premeditation and intent through inherently dangerous acts without regard for human life."
-

http://research.lawyers.com/glossary/second-degree-murder.html

Second-degree murder

Definition
: a murder that is committed without premeditation but with some intent (as general or transferred intent) or other circumstances not covered by the first-degree murder statute
http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a-z/murder_second_degree.html

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.
Maybe Ms. Amber needs to read these definitions. It appears crystal clear to me. There is some reason the autopsy results have been sealed, KWIM.

In partial defense of Amber, she is only hearing what Stacey has told her.

I just don't see that high of a bond and those charges if it was "just an accident" as her friend states.

Strange that everything as been sealed. I would think if Emma had been shaken or deprived of oxygen in any way then those injuries would have been obvious at autopsy along with just choking on something. It will be interesting to see exactly what the toxicology report comes back with.

Blah, just venting nothing that has not already been discussed.

I am wonder if I would be allowed into the arraignment or do I even want to go there, humm???

I just don't see that high of a bond and those charges if it was "just an accident" as her friend states.

Strange that everything as been sealed. I would think if Emma had been shaken or deprived of oxygen in any way then those injuries would have been obvious at autopsy along with just choking on something. It will be interesting to see exactly what the toxicology report comes back with.

Blah, just venting nothing that has not already been discussed.

I am wonder if I would be allowed into the arraignment or do I even want to go there, humm???

I completely agree with you Tammie 1,000% :clap::clap:

I would think you would be able to attend- I have actually been to your court house with a friend years ago, and Im sure it will have some seats available to the public.

Thank you VERY much Lovejac- I learned something new, and after even reading the diff between 2nd and 3rd degree, there is obviously a reason they charged her with this charge. :eek:

I completely agree with you Tammie 1,000% :clap::clap:

I would think you would be able to attend- I have actually been to your court house with a friend years ago, and Im sure it will have some seats available to the public.

Thank you VERY much Lovejac- I learned something new, and after even reading the diff between 2nd and 3rd degree, there is obviously a reason they charged her with this charge. :eek:

Well there lies my problem I don't think the arraignment is being held in the courthouse! The inmate link that Lovejac posted (THANKS LOVEJAC) says MUNICIPAL COURT on 4th street. I understand that they only need to official arraigned by a justice of peace or someone sort of judge and it doesn't have to be by a county judge. So I think the court seating in Municipal is limited. :waitasec:
I probably will just keep my butt at home... lol

What time is she expected to be arraigned tomorrow? I want to be on the look out for updates. TIA.

ETA: Nevermind, Lovejac said it earlier :doh:

Chicogirl

Maybe Ms. Amber needs to read these definitions. It appears crystal clear to me. There is some reason the autopsy results have been sealed, KWIM.

In partial defense of Amber, she is only hearing what Stacey has told her.

If this good friend, Amber, Knows so much about what happened I sure wish that she would share her information. She is positive that the mom didn't murder the baby so she must know what happened. The autopsy must have shown that what ever happened to that baby couldn't have been an accident.

What a shame that it was done on the baby's dad's birthday. It doesn't matter if he got involved in the baby's life when she was a year old. At least he got involved and was seeing his daughter every other weekend. Someone said he was also paying support. I wonder if his b-day was picked or if it just happened and it was his b-day?

I can't understand why this mother would murder her daughter. Her family bent over backwards for her. The parents and brother babysat so she wouldn't have to pay a sitter or leave the baby with strangers...this way the mom could continue to work. The mom and baby lived with her parents and so all of her money wasn't going for rent and living expenses, etc. Her parents probably babysat if she wanted to go with friends on the weekend.
What reason would she have to want to get rid of her beautiful little girl? I can't wait to hear the rest of this story. From here I can't see why the mom would want to murder her baby. She had it made.

What time is she expected to be arraigned tomorrow? I want to be on the look out for updates. TIA.

ETA: Nevermind, Lovejac said it earlier :doh:

There had d@mn well better be some media there or I will have a cow!!!!!!

i just learned of this new tragedy today via w/s. un-freaking-believable! shades of kc, although at least this cookie crumbled early on. i tend to agree that million dollar bonds aren't set for accidental deaths. wth could have gone wrong in this case? another loving set of grandparents who rearranged their lives to accommodate the baby and care for her. a beautiful mom who appeared to love her in those pics. is nothing sacred anymore? is motherhood just a blip on these young girl's horizons instead of a lifelong path? I think of desperately poor struggling moms who work multiple jobs to rear their children, who put their own dreams on hold to foster the dreams the kids have, who scrimp and save and cut corners and make do, and do it all in the name of love for their babies, and then i compare those moms with the likes of kc and stacey and susan smith and all the other out there. and i get really realy really mad! so many loving couples who spend thousands of dollars fighting infertility issues, and these mothers throw precious babies out like yesterday's garbage. why? i just want to understand how it's possible. if only it could be understood, maybe it could be avoided. but i don't understand how evil minds work, and maybe it's just as well.

If this good friend, Amber, Knows so much about what happened I sure wish that she would share her information. She is positive that the mom didn't murder the baby so she must know what happened. The autopsy must have shown that what ever happened to that baby couldn't have been an accident.

What a shame that it was done on the baby's dad's birthday. It doesn't matter if he got involved in the baby's life when she was a year old. At least he got involved and was seeing his daughter every other weekend.

I can't understand why this mother would murder her daughter. Her family bent over backwards for her. The parents and brother babysat so she wouldn't have to pay a sitter or leave the baby with strangers.

respectfully snipped

It's possible friends and family have been told to say nothing. This way no one has to go back and recant anything as facts unfold. But it sure is hard. It will be better for Amber to stop reading those blogs, as they are really hurting her.

Right now it seems the info about the father is all going to be he said, she said. Did I read correctly his name is Anthony? Another Anthony?

Honestly, I'm glad Stacey has Amber. We obviously know very little still and her family and friends can support her without supporting what she has done.

I can't imagine LE going for Murder 2 if this was an accident, even with the lies and dumping her body after the fact. To me, there are miles and miles that separate (figuratively speaking) murder and everything else. They must know something pretty powerful to be going after a young mom for murder.

Amber is hot under the collar! It would probably be a good idea for her to stop reading those news blogs.

http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstor...blockID=243852&feedID=1198#comment_name243852

I made a comment to her:

To Amber Barela
I understand you're upset, but I am trying to understand how Emma ended up dead and on the side of the road. I don"t really even want to hear about Stacey or Anthony, I would rather hear about Emma Leigh. What was her favorite color, tell me about her personality, favorite books, did she like to color or play dress-up? I want to know about the girl behind that beautiful smile!
Posted by Cat at 10:29 pm Apr 25, 2009

I wanted to know more about Emma. Well, she wrote back today.

About Emma??
Why do you want to know the details of emma leigh..?? She was a beautiful girl who was loved by her grandparents uncles especially her mother... Thats all that you need to know... Its not my business to put out there what happened to Emma just to let you know that Stacey isnt the "evil B*@$&" you all have been calling her... She is a frightened young mother that lost everything that she had... I will forever be a part of her life... And please out of respect for her daughter and her family who still loves her stop posting the evil things you are saying about stacey and keep them to yourself... Not to let the world hear your negative remarks about someone you dont know...Thank you
Posted by Amber B at 9:45 pm Apr 26, 2009

I guess she told me! :eek: Anyway, I wrote back, but it hasn't been posted yet.

Amber is hot under the collar! It would probably be a good idea for her to stop reading those news blogs.

http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstor...blockID=243852&feedID=1198#comment_name243852

I made a comment to her:

I wanted to know more about Emma. Well, she wrote back today.

I guess she told me! :eek: Anyway, I wrote back, but it hasn't been posted yet.

OMG- Her first comment says it all, IMO. Maybe SB and her friend A are as arrogant about this as KC? WHY would you want to know about Emma? Maybe because SHE was the VICTIM of a selfish act brought on by the person she trusted the most in this world, and you asked a normal question that many posters would like to know.

I do find it a lil odd that she blasted off on you like that lovejac- I havent read the posts today, but from what I know about you here, I highly doubt that you have been posting neg posts in the past over there to deserve that reply. She needs to save those rants for the haters on that blog!

**IF she would have read your question, you were asking about Emma, not HOW Emma died- Im a lil tongue-tied over that! :eek:

If she doesn't like what is being talked about then she should stop reading. That seems like common sense to me. I doubt that the baby's grandparents, dad, or uncle are reading on here or any of the forums like this. This gal has a right to her own feelings and thoughts about her friend and what happened to this little girl but don't take it out on us if we don't feel the same way. From where we are sitting it looks like murder and it must look that way to LE too. They must have had some evidence in order to arrest the mom.

Murder or accident...I will never understand these moms who throw their babys out along the side of a street like a bag of garbage. I don't care how scared they are or what is going through their heads. That was their baby for heaven sake. It is their baby alive or dead. There is just no excuse for anyone doing that. When moms throw their babys away they are thinking of themselves and only themselves. It is just sickening. Good mothers who love their babys don't throw them away like garbage while they think only of themselves and what will happen to them if they get caught.

If she doesn't like what is being talked about then she should stop reading. That seems like common sense to me. I doubt that the babys grandparents, dad, or uncle are reading on here or any of the forums like this. This gal has a right to her own feelings and thoughts about her friend and what happened to this little girl but don't take it out on us is we don't feel the same way. From where we are sitting it looks like murder and it must look that way to LE too. They must have had some evidence in order to arrest the mom.

Murder or accident...I will never understand these moms who throw their babys out along the side of a street like a bag of garbage. I don't care how scared they are or what is going through their heads. That was their baby for heaven sake. It is their baby alive or dead. There is just no excuse for anyone doing that. When moms throw their babys away they are thinking of themselves and only themselves. It is just sickening. Good mothers who love their babys don't throw them away like garbage while they think only of themselves and what will happen to them if they get caught.

Amen, bobbiesangel! Even if it had been an accident, you gotta be a cold b**** to do something like THAT.

I was actually hoping my post would help diffuse her anger a little, thought maybe she could use some of her energy to tell people a little bit about precious Emma. I know I would like to know more about her.

OMG- Her first comment says it all, IMO. Maybe SB and her friend A are as arrogant about this as KC? WHY would you want to know about Emma? Maybe because SHE was the VICTIM of a selfish act brought on by the person she trusted the most in this world, and you asked a normal question that many posters would like to know.

I do find it a lil odd that she blasted off on you like that lovejac- I havent read the posts today, but from what I know about you here, I highly doubt that you have been posting neg posts in the past over there to deserve that reply. She needs to save those rants for the haters on that blog!

**IF she would have read your question, you were asking about Emma, not HOW Emma died- Im a lil tongue-tied over that! :eek:

Exactly, chicogirl! I don't begrudge her standing beside a friend she has known for 14 years, but why is she so angry!? Seriously, did she think she would be reading comments filled with love and support for Stacey? Geez, that's a no-brainer.

Why does she feel the need to defend her with such intensity? Makes me even MORE suspicious of Stacey. (as if I could be :rolleyes:!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyWobbles