CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy brought me to tears tonight, she is really sinking her teeth into this case. It seems as though she is glad to be discussing a new topic instead of "Tot Mom", even though the cases are so darn similar.
I agree. There isn't much now going on with Tot Mom anyway and other cases need to be given a national spotlight. Poor little Emma, she was so precious! :(

Nancy can't believe the mother has only been charged with 2nd degree murder. Neither can I. Is there something different with the law in Calif.? :waitasec:

how do we send the thankyou?

I will definitely find it and post it!

On the ticker, I see that Nancy has a blog at cnn.com/nancygrace.

I'll definitely check it out!

Look Mark Klaas is talking about it.

I would love for NG to see the pics Stacey has on her Myspace. As a matter of fact, I have alot of info I wish she had.

Like the fact the Stacey called her brother Nick first and he is the one who called police. She dragged her poor brother into her deceit.

I would love for NG to see the pics Stacey has on her Myspace. As a matter of fact, I have alot of info I wish she had.

Like the fact the Stacey called her brother Nick first and he is the one who called police. She dragged her poor brother into her deceit.
Thank you for the details. I'm going to go back and catch up on page 1. I just hope Nancy continues to talk about this case in the future. :)

A big high five to all who stuck around on this thread, even when we went for over month with NO NEWS.

A big thank you to all who emailed all the local California media outlets inquiring about Emma and finally a BIG THANK YOU to all who sent lots and lots of e-mails to Nancy Grace! :grouphug:

Hi all, new poster here. I also live in Lancaster CA, where this all happened. I don't know how the admin's feel about "rumors" being posted but the words I am hearing are that the mother has told friends that baby Emma fell asleep on a plastic bag, and I also heard her new boyfriend did not want children.
I have been following this case from the beggining, and just found this post today. I am so glad Nancy Grace is covering this story. Our local paper had nothing about this for weeks!!! For a case like this, I thought the press would be all over it.
Poor Emma, what a precious baby. RIP baby girl.
xmiranndax

Hi all, new poster here. I also live in Lancaster CA, where this all happened. I don't know how the admin's feel about "rumors" being posted but the words I am hearing are that the mother has told friends that baby Emma fell asleep on a plastic bag, and I also heard her new boyfriend did not want children.
I have been following this case from the beggining, and just found this post today. I am so glad Nancy Grace is covering this story. Our local paper had nothing about this for weeks!!! For a case like this, I thought the press would be all over it.
xmiranndax

Probably more like 1/2 truth...put plastic bag on baby while sleeping.......but IIRC they were talking of stranglation on NG..........

Thank you to everyone who brought this to Nancy's attention. Emma deserves Justice!!! They should put Emma's Mother in the same cell as KC.

I saw the coverage on Nancy Grace and just knew one of the great people from websleuths was behind her finally discussing this tragic case!!

I grew up in the area where Stacey and family live and now live about 20 minutes away. Most of my family is still in the Lancaster area and I visit there a couple of times a week. I wanted to give you the link to our local newspaper's website which has covered this story (but not to the degree they should have). Just use their search function to find the recent articles. There may be something on the website tomorrow following the national coverage on Nancy Grace :)

www.avpress.com

I hope it is ok I post this? As you can see, I don't post often.

Probably more like 1/2 truth...put plastic bag on baby while sleeping.......but IIRC they were talking of stranglation on NG..........

passion, that was the doctor explaining about the signs of strsngulation vs. the signs of suffocation.

xmiranndax

Welcome xmiranndax!!! I think as long as you state, this is a RUMOR, it should be okay. At least that's what I've always done.

I wish Kat, Tammie, chicogirl and dmk were on-line right now! They worked very hard for this also.

I just go on Lovejac! I was so excited when I saw Emma on NG. I almost cried! I'm so thankful NG is showing her story. I hope she continues to cover, I know I'm going to be emailing her!

Does anyone have an email where I can send Nancy Grace a thank you? I'm SO happy she featured (for a rather long time, haha) Emmas case on tonight.

:rose: rest in peace Emma. You'll get justice.

I turned Nancy on tonight and went into shock...there was Emma's beautiful little face looking out of the TV screen. I was so glad that this little girl is getting some airtime now. I hope Nancy stays on this case now. I'm really tired of hearing about Casey Anthony and her parents. A once a week update would be great but that is enough. We probably have a year to go before her trial.

I really want to know more about what happened to Emma. Will be glad when the ME report comes out. Didn't the news say she was smothered instead of strangled? The ME must be able to tell if her face was on plastic when she fell asleep or if a hand was placed over her face or even something like a pillow. LE didn't believe the mother and her story anyway.

I wonder why the 2nd degree murder charge instead of 1st degree. That little girl would have lived longer then any 15 years so is that all her life was worth in the judicial system? I would think that smothering your child would be premeditated murder.

Authorities Thursday asked for the public's help in finding an 18-month-old girl whose mother said she was knocked out at a Lancaster Park and somehow ended up in Palmdale, where she awoke to find her daughter missing.

"It's unclear if it's simply a missing-persons case, or if a kidnapping occurred. It's all under investigation," Sgt. Diane Hecht of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau said. More at link http://cbs2.com/local/lancaster.palmdale.abduction.2.962925.html I just seen this on the News, and a child's body has been discovered.

--->>>Have not read the thread yet. Does anyone know how old mommy's brother is? News more current said that he watched Emma early morning hours so that grandma could get some sleep after working all night, and after mommy had left for her job.

If he is young, I can see him losing patience, and mommy covering for him. When is the abuse going to stop???????????????????????? OUr schools are failing us in having more child care classes for young people. Open their eyes to responsibility in caring for small children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper