CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im down- I even have a couple different versions to send- Maybe I will update them with yesterdays new developements and now we have actual charges we can put in it!! Its in the works !!!

BTW- Great idea Lovejac :blowkiss:

Lets hope Nancy sees the paralel between Stacey and KC- She would be blind not to, but just in case, I will add that, and maybe get someone's attention ;)

Wow! How did you find that! why google of course :crazy:
Thank you Lovejac!

Here is what I just sent. I have no problem adding to it. I was just trying to get the email out and wasn't too sure how much room I had!

Last night (or rather early this morning:rolleyes:) I composed a LONG comment to Amber B. and it just disappeared :eek:

Anyhoo- this is what I said:

I am writing in hopes that Nancy Grace will give this disturbing story some national attention.

Emma Leigh Barker, age 18 months.

Police said Stacey Barker, 24, initially claimed the child was kidnapped on March 18, telling detectives someone knocked her out while she was putting her daughter Emma into her car in Lancaster. Barker claimed when she woke up, her daughter was missing.

But, in fact, she was killed by her mother, Stacey Barker and her body was dumped on the side of the road.

Just this week, Stacey was arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder and it is believed she suffocated little Emma!

This case has alot of similarites to the Caylee Anthony case. Both were young mothers, living at home with their parents, who provided 100% financial support and child care. Both mothers lied and said their children were taken from them.

Please look at this case and you will see that it deserves the attention of victims advocate, Nancy Grace. If you have any questions, please e-mail me. I have alot more info and would be more than happy to share with you. Thank you for your consideration!

Im down- I even have a couple different versions to send- Maybe I will update them with yesterdays new developements and now we have actual charges we can put in it!! Its in the works !!!

BTW- Great idea Lovejac :blowkiss:

Lets hope Nancy sees the paralel between Stacey and KC- She would be blind not to, but just in case, I will add that, and maybe get someone's attention ;)

Ya know, I'd be happy if she would at least give it a 15 minute spot, like she did last night with the young girl missing from spring break.

Morning all, what a day yesterday was.. anyhoo I found a better video this morning...

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=6782874

Story with pics available here after 9 AM Pacific time.

http://avpress.com/

You know, that article from avpress.com uses the word 'smothering' instead of 'suffocation' (not a big deal) but the word smothering bothers me more!:mad:

ETA: that article also says that Stacey's family was there but didn't want to talk on camera.

ETA: that article also says that Stacey's family was there but didn't want to talk on camera.
snipped respectfully for space :)

I think this a VERY telling sign. They are obviously grieving for Emma, and SO distraught, they can't bare to comment, and I dont blame them one bit. The telling sign is the reports of Stacey's grief- such as moving to gp's to get away from the memories of Emma? I would want to see every smiling, beautiful pic of her, her smell, I would be so distraught(as ANY mother would be), I can't even fathom those feelings, and I hope I never am faced with losing a child . I feel that shows more guilt than other reports we have heard. Yes, Im sure it would be hard to see that baby that you will never hold or smell again, but would you move out if you were innocent? I wouldnt.

I have a feeling from Nicks comment also, that maybe Stacey LIED to them (obviously) and they are just now hearing ALL of these lies come out as she was charged. Im sure LE has probably sat down with them and gave them the run-down? (dont know for fact- never been in a murder invest)

I am waiting for Amber to crumble and eat her words. She vowed to come back EVERY day and villify her friend. I wonder is she actually knows how many more sites than KTLA that are bashing her? LOL - ignorance/immaturity at its finest, IMO!

snipped respectfully for space :)I have a feeling from Nicks comment also, that maybe Stacey LIED to them (obviously) and they are just now hearing ALL of these lies come out as she was charged. Im sure LE has probably sat down with them and gave them the run-down? (dont know for fact- never been in a murder invest)

I totally agree..I think those parents were in the dark for much of this.

(Snipped)
(from Chicogirl36...I'm still new at this and am not doing it right) The telling sign is the reports of Stacey's grief- such as moving to gp's to get away from the memories of Emma? I would want to see every smiling, beautiful pic of her, her smell, I would be so distraught(as ANY mother would be), I can't even fathom those feelings, and I hope I never am faced with losing a child . I feel that shows more guilt than other reports we have heard. Yes, Im sure it would be hard to see that baby that you will never hold or smell again, but would you move out if you were innocent? I wouldnt.

When my two-year old son died, I couldn't spend another night in the apartment we'd been living in. It felt so empty and devoid of my son's precious little spirit and I couldn't handle being in there without him. Instead, I sent my sister to gather some of his things, then I stayed at her house. A couple of weeks later, with the help of another of my sisters, I moved all of our things out. I couldn't part with any of my son's things for years...in fact, I moved all of his things over 700 miles when I moved to another state. It took four years after his death for me to even be able to open up the boxes containing his clothes (my sister had had to pack it all for me). Okay, I'm rambling, but the point is, Stacey's not wanting to stay where she'd lived with Emma would make sense to me regardless of Stacey's involvement in Emma's death.

That being said, I must express how difficult it is for me to see these women (Stacey and Casey Anthony) harm and essentially throw away their babies. I would give anything to have my son back, and I feel so resentful that I, being a fabulous, loving mother, don't get to be with my son, while these spoiled young ladies didn't appreciate their daughters.

Hope that all made sense,
L

Flourish, so sorry about the loss of your son. There are no words for such a heartbreaking experience such as yours. I had one of my bride's maids lose her 2 yr. old son in a totally freak accident.. a fall from a shopping cart at a local store, and the pain on her face and in her soul..was there in 1986, as it is now...still.

We all know the differences between a life altering tragedy such as yours and some young, immature, lying SOS's story such as KC and now SB.

It really leaves you wondering, what in the hay is the world coming to! :confused:

Oh my God, flourish! :grouphug: To say I'm sorry, doesn't seem enough. I can't fathom your anger and sadness towards cases like this.

Your son was truly blessed to have you as his mother and I'm thankful you had the love and support of your family.

If you ever feel like talking about your precious boy, your feelings and struggles, happy memories, there is an awesome area here called "The Jury Room". It is safe place away from 'guests' that view here AND there are other members who have lost children who are loving and caring, seahorseladydi has a thread about her son.

Also in "The Jury Room" is a "Prayer Thread" where you can request prayers and join in prayer with others.

I thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life with us and you are in my prayers. :blowkiss: Catherine

Thanks Lovejac..I was never quite sure what all the Jury room entailed, since I mostly follow the crazy cases we have in the Parking Lot...who knows, maybe I'll spread my wings someday....stranger things have been known to happen.. ;)

Flourish, my heart goes out to you. Thank you for sharing your story with us and hope you know how much we all hurt for your loss.

We're always here for you. I enjoy reading your posts on many threads, and now you're even more special to me.

Thanks Lovejac..I was never quite sure what all the Jury room entailed, since I mostly follow the crazy cases we have in the Parking Lot...who knows, maybe I'll spread my wings someday....stranger things have been known to happen.. ;)

OMG, I love, love, love the Jury Room! You can start a thread about ANYTHING you want! The members here are so kind and full of great advice. I used it when I needed suggestions for potty training my twins. I received awesome tips AND I got to share funny and not so funny stories. Not to mention there were days I came to my thread with my tail tucked between my legs and these guys would build me back up and send me back in! I heard some of the funniest potty training stories, they were truly a life line for me. Try it, you'll like it!!

here's Amber's latest

re:yes we do know
I am glad that you posted that becuase yes not everything that was posted in the paper is true and the things that are true they leave out the very important details that would help staceys defense. But you IGNORANT people are going to believe what you want. So live your life and I will live mine KNOWING AND LOVING THE BARKER FAMILY!!!! Thank you
Posted by Amber Barela at 9:02 pm Apr 28, 2009

{{{{{Flourish}}}}} Hugs to you. I completely understand. And you can ramble to us anytime you like! (not that you were ;))

Lj I just sent sent NG a long rambling letter about why she needs to cover baby Emma.

I am beginning to think Amber is not all there, but maybe they deserve each other. I've sent 3 or 4 messages to that LA blog site none of them have been posted but the one I sent to ABC news is up. Go figure.

Do these kids have no idea what Nick is going through? this is his latest from
My Life would s*ck without you!

Apr 28 2009 10:45 AM

we might have a party this weekend. maybe u can be cool and actually come down for once?!?! baha. if we do then we will have a bbq and just make it a party later on ya feeeeeel me?! baha.

{{{{{Florish}}}}} Hugs to you. I completely understand. And you can ramble to us anytime you like! (not that you were ;))

Lj I just sent sent NG a long rambling letter about why she needs to cover baby Emma.

I am beginning to think Amber is not all there, but maybe they deserve each other. I've sent 3 or 4 messages to that LA blog site none of them have been posted but the one I sent to ABC news is up. Go figure.

That same thing happened to me last night!!!!:furious: I responded to Amber and it was a good one, but they haven't posted it, I was pissed! It took me 30 minutes! Grrrrrrrrrr

cont...please add to my first message. Stacey Barker alleged baby killer:
(A few days after her baby was buried Stacy Barker was feeling poetic while visiting MySpace)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=442955581

Stacey
doesnt know how to live without my baby...Mood: miserable :( at 7:42 PM Mar 27

About me:

When God call little children to dwell with him above, we mortals sometimes question the wisdom of his love. Perhaps god tires of calling the aged to his fold, so he picks a rosebud before it can grow old. God knows how much we need them and how he takes but few to make the land of heaven more beautiful to view. Believing this is difficult still somehow we must try, the saddest word mankind knows, will always be "goodbye." So when a little child departs, we who are left behind must realize god loves children, Angels are hard to find.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Over the years I have had a few friends who have lost their beautiful children. Some very religious, some who ultimately felt a stronger faith in God. But NONE who thought it was special, 10 days out that GOD had picked their babies to grace heaven, NONE!

There are people/bloggers who claimed to be her coworkers who say Stacey Barker was a KC Anthony backer, all along saying people are too harsh on KC! I guess she'll know how that feels first hand now.

Get a life Stacey! Oh yeah; you had one with beautiful Emma.

Nancy for some reason this story has gotten very little press time, matter of fact it received nothing, not a word from after the funeral 3/23-24 until Stacey was arrested 4/23. This beautiful baby was only given 18 mos to live. Nancy please help us to make sure beautiful little Emma Leigh is not forgotten because her mother tossed her out like garbage. Please help us to make sure Emma is remembered for the beautiful, happy, baby who was so loved and will be remembered even though she was taken much too soon.

LOL- If you look closely, she is talking up to the mic. :crazy:

Looks like she was arraigned from a location other than where the judge was. She was answering the judge or court clerk who is on the other side- There should be a video in front of her and the mic on top-

Never been to court before myself, but my trusty BIL has- LOTS!!! :eek:

My post from above/no edit option on it??

ETA: I couldnt edit my original post, but wanted to correct my post to say that she was NOT in a seperate location. After watching the news with my LE friend, he explained to me that she is in the courtroom, in sort of an annex room connected, so she can see everything going on. They have this segragated for the protection of the court from unruly unmates, SOP (standard op procedure per LE amigo :blowkiss:) There is audio piped in, and the microphone is above her head. My friend said usually people dont have to look up or speak up into it, but maybe she was speaking with such a low voice, the judge/baliff had trouble hearing her response. She didnt make a plea today, so Im sure she was just going thru the formalities of obtaining a Public Defender.
I did ask WHY is she in street clothes,and he said a lot of people wear them until they are arraigned?? (I doubted this one cuz Ive seen plenty of inmates on TV that come in in pricon attire, but then again, look at the Craigslist dude, he had his street clothes on)

(I think you're our trusty mod :)/Any other Mod(sorry off topic about CLK) :blowkiss:

cont...please add to my first message. Stacey Barker alleged baby killer:
(A few days after her baby was buried Stacy Barker was feeling poetic while visiting MySpace)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=442955581

Stacey
doesnt know how to live without my baby...Mood: miserable :( at 7:42 PM Mar 27

About me:

When God call little children to dwell with him above, we mortals sometimes question the wisdom of his love. Perhaps god tires of calling the aged to his fold, so he picks a rosebud before it can grow old. God knows how much we need them and how he takes but few to make the land of heaven more beautiful to view. Believing this is difficult still somehow we must try, the saddest word mankind knows, will always be "goodbye." So when a little child departs, we who are left behind must realize god loves children, Angels are hard to find.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Over the years I have had a few friends who have lost their beautiful children. Some very religious, some who ultimately felt a stronger faith in God. But NONE who thought it was special, 10 days out that GOD had picked their babies to grace heaven, NONE!

There are people/bloggers who claimed to be her coworkers who say Stacey Barker was a KC Anthony backer, all along saying people are too harsh on KC! I guess she'll know how that feels first hand now.

Get a life Stacey! Oh yeah; you had one with beautiful Emma.

Nancy for some reason this story has gotten very little press time, matter of fact it received nothing, not a word from after the funeral 3/23-24 until Stacey was arrested 4/23. This beautiful baby was only given 18 mos to live. Nancy please help us to make sure beautiful little Emma Leigh is not forgotten because her mother tossed her out like garbage. Please help us to make sure Emma is remembered for the beautiful, happy, baby who was so loved and will be remembered even though she was taken much too soon.

Wow, your e-mail made ME teary eyed. I swear if Nancy reads these she WILL do a story on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi