CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually hoping my post would help diffuse her anger a little, thought maybe she could use some of her energy to tell people a little bit about precious Emma. I know I would like to know more about her.

Your intentions seemed clear to me...you were offering her an opening to change focus onto the victim, by asking questions about the living Emma, not prying into the family business.
I appreciate your posts...they show thought and compassion,
flourish

yeah - which part was the "accident" the assault or the death?:mad:

Hi nervous nellie,

IMO, Suffocation and death of an 18 month old baby is not an accident. It could have been deliberate, premeditated or spur of the moment. Doesn't matter. This poor baby suffered death at the hands of her mother. :mad:

LoveJac, just saw your latest post @KTLA.. Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstor...blockID=243852&feedID=1198#comment_name243852

Just a sincere thanks to all who have posted on Emma's thread.

Lovejac and many of you here did not give up on finding the truth to what happened to little Emma.

I can't help but think that some of our poster's made an impact on LE in regards to Stacey's arrest.

You guy's never gave up in searching for answers. As sad as this story is, Emma's short life deserved some answers. May she rest in peace and justice be served.

Me too.... :(

I'm wondering if they are working out some kind of plea and that's why the postponing of her arraignment today. I did see her on TV in the courtroom today, so who know? I wish all these news agencies would all report the same thing..

My thinking is that she will make a plea deal. So far that we know she and her family may not be able to afford a long drawn out trial with a high-priced defense atty. Since this story was mostly under the radar as far as news reporting, my guess is that she will make a plea deal. Just my thoughts because the news coverage was very lacking.

Your intentions seemed clear to me...you were offering her an opening to change focus onto the victim, by asking questions about the living Emma, not prying into the family business.
I appreciate your posts...they show thought and compassion,
flourish

Awwww, thank's flourish, that was nice to hear :blushing:

:blowkiss:

shame on me, I didn't follow my own rule *don't speak (post) in anger*, but, DANG! I was so mad after reading Emma was suffocated........:mad:

Trust me, you weren't out of order in the least bit..no worries. :hand:

My thinking is that she will make a plea deal. So far that we know she and her family may not be able to afford a long drawn out trial with a high-priced defense atty. Since this story was mostly under the radar as far as news reporting, my guess is that she will make a plea deal. Just my thoughts because the news coverage was very lacking.

My bold..

You can say that again!

I think you're right BG. I just feel awful for the family... they seemed to adore little Emma. Too bad the mother didn't. :confused:

No idea but it's pretty weird to watch.

LOL- If you look closely, she is talking up to the mic. :crazy:

Looks like she was arraigned from a location other than where the judge was. She was answering the judge or court clerk who is on the other side- There should be a video in front of her and the mic on top-

Never been to court before myself, but my trusty BIL has- LOTS!!! :eek:

I find it ironic that the police arrested becasue they thought she would run from grandpas? What took so freaking long to arrest her in the first place. I am obviously not a ME, but you would think that suffocation or any bruises would have def. shown up in autopsy?? :banghead:

I just dont understand.

I find it ironic that the police arrested becasue they thought she would run from grandpas? What took so freaking long to arrest her in the first place. I am obviously not a ME, but you would think that suffocation or any bruises would have def. shown up in autopsy?? :banghead:

I just dont understand.

About the suffocation, perhaps Stacey used a pillow, blanket or her hands by covering little Emma's nose and mouth. There may have been a struggle, but either way..my goodness, an adult woman may have been able to do that rather quickly, especially if Emma was in her car seat strapped in. Thinking that no bruises would have been obvious when the body was recovered., thereby not apparent until an autopsy was completed. JMO.

I just wonder why the heck she would want to end the life of her beautiful little daughter!

About the suffocation, perhaps Stacey used a pillow, blanket or her hands by covering little Emma's nose and mouth. There may have been a struggle, but either way..my goodness, an adult woman may have been able to do that rather quickly, especially if Emma was in her car seat strapped in. Thinking that no bruises would have been obvious when the body was recovered., thereby not apparent until an autopsy was completed. JMO.

I just wonder why the heck she would want to end the life of her beautiful little daughter!

Thanks BG- I am sooo frustrated after hearing these new details- Not like it was better when we didnt know....The details are never nice, but I am curious as to what made her snap?

After knowing that it was Emma's daddy's bd, Im wondering if she just did it out of spite? As we are finding out that Stacey isnt the saint her friends are trying portray? What a freaking shame!

Thanks dmk for all your digging around to find informative links.

Lovejac your a sweetheart and love your post to Stacy's BFF...

I am guessing, if I understand everything right, that Stacy wasn't arraigned yesterday because she didn't have an attorney. I don't have time to look but wasn't it mentioned somewhere that she couldn't afford an attorney? I am assuming yesterday was just the process to get it on the record that a court appointed attorney is needed.

Considering that we now know suffocation was the COD, I'm preparing myself for another lack of news coverage on little Emma.

Hope I'm wrong. Just a hunch because when this crime was committed, the press stopped reporting about it after 3 days or so.

Either way, I want justice served for little Emma.

Considering that we now know suffocation was the COD, I'm preparing myself for another lack of news coverage on little Emma.

Hope I'm wrong. Just a hunch because when this crime was committed, the press stopped reporting about it after 3 days or so.

Either way, I want justice served for little Emma.

Who wants to help get Emma's story national attention?

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5c.html?24

Im down- I even have a couple different versions to send- Maybe I will update them with yesterdays new developements and now we have actual charges we can put in it!! Its in the works !!!

BTW- Great idea Lovejac :blowkiss:

Lets hope Nancy sees the paralel between Stacey and KC- She would be blind not to, but just in case, I will add that, and maybe get someone's attention ;)

ETA- I just ripped off a LOONG story to her (The text box scrolls FOREVER!!) I almost posted here, but I said some harsh things in connection to KC and the difference between the behavior of Emma's family and GA and CA , I dont want to get a time-out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75