GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know, I know!! I got a text from Tori right as I was finishing the update from Tuesday - SB was on the stand at that minute and she was giving Kelly Cromer a bunch of attitude! That's all I know until Tori is finished feeding her family!

I promise I'll be back as soon as I know anything!!!!

Oh Thanx Soooo Much, LCM!! I am hanging on pins and needles..Not too often do we get to see the defendant take the stand and she is a doozy...

My breathing has sped up in anticipation! (LOL on my nuttiness :crazy: )

Justice for Beautiful Emma

Stacey Barker on the stand.

Dager said that he strongly advised her against doing so but she made the choice and she took the stand!

SB put on her good girl face for RD - she was cooperative and even cried at times, a very fake cry. (Ten times in her life, four times in the last 2 weeks!)

SB told the court if a guy didn't accept Emma then he didn't accept her either and he was history. Emma came first and they were a package deal. She claims she is easily manipulated but she cared for her daughter more than anything - yah. She also said that she was quiet and reserved, when she was mad and fighting with her boyfriends she was not loud or violent.

When asked by Dager if she killed her daughter before she left Lancaster, she said "I DID NOT KILL MY DAUGHTER!"

RD went over the same stuff with SB as he did with everyone else - the baby showers, fixing the room for Emma and the other stuff (her grades from HS, who bought things for Emma, who cared for Emma etc).

Asked why she was going to Long Beach SB said that she was afraid her Mom was on the verge of kicking her out again. Her mom didn't like her going out and not being with Emma, but her dad was OK with it... She and her Mom didn't agree on many things. (I believe her dad didn't really have much of a clue about what exactly SB was up to during this time. He thought BB only came over to visit SB once per week!)

On cross Ms Cromer asked SB when her mother had kicked her out before - she admitted she never actually had, she had only threatened.

The State questions Stacey Barker:

Ms Cromer was not as hard on SB as she could have been but the questions that she asked made SB mad at times and her snotty attitude shot out like a bullet! The jury saw a different side of Mizz Barker... the one she tried so hard to hide from them, sitting next to RD and while being questioned by him.

So SB was driving towards LA when Emma got cranky - SB said this was the longest drive Emma had ever taken. SB gave Emma a ZipLock Baggie from her purse and she was playing Peek-A-Boo with her, when she noticed Emma was no longer breathing.

KC: Ms Cromer asked her why she didn't pull off at the nearest exit when she saw Emma was blue and purple? Why she drove another 35 to 40 minutes?

SB: I wasn't thinking.

KC: Why didn't you call 911, or use the call box, or pull to the shoulder and call for help?

SB: I was in shock and didn't know what to do, so she got off at the Cherry exit and drove until she found some place to pull over then got into the back seat of the car to check Emma. She put her hand over Emma's face to see if she had breath, she was blue and purple and cold to the touch, she knew Emma was dead.

KC: So, what did you do then?

SB: I got back into the car. (Interesting answer - she had already claimed she didn't get out of the car.)

KC: What did you do for the 3 1/2 hours that you were by LAX?

SB: I can't recall.

KC: You know nothing about a disposable cell phone?

SB: No, this is the first time I have heard that term...

KC: What is in the area where you threw Emma?

SB: 3 homes... then she said stayed there, saying goodbye to Emma for a little while. (Cell phone pings say she lied - she was gone within a minute.)

KC: Oh, when you put EB in the bushes you said you took her out of the car and cradled her and dumped her in the bush?

SB: In a really smart *advertiser censored* way - I placed her there - PLACED!

KC: How did you cradle Emma when she was stiff, in stage 4 rigor?

SB: (SMART AGAIN) She was not stiff.

KC: So then the evidence lies?

SB: YES!

Ms Cromer just looked at her and SB yelled - Were you there? Were. You. There?! With a really smart aleck look on her face.

That set off some noises from the gallery and a few from the jury!

Judge Zackey said he didn't hear anything but if the jury did to pay no attention to it, that anyone making noises will be asked to leave the court - this is a serious case. He didn't realize it was from the jury also! (A few of them were also shaking their heads!)

Ms Cromer got SB to say that BB said that he wished the LEOs had believed her first story so she would not be in jail...

KC: You kept up the lie you made up till the very end, right?

SB: Yes!

KC: You lied to everyone right?

KC: You lied up until the time they confronted you with your cell phone records right?

SB:Yes.

KC: So then you are not easy to manipulate...

Each time RD brought up Anthony (Emma's daddy), the jury was not pleased about it. It seemed to us they are sick of hearing RD trash Anthony. Ms Cromer made it clear that Anthony had to take the Metro to some of SB's doctor appointments and her ultra sounds, because he was having financial trouble and had no car, but he did make it and carries one of the ultrasound pictures in his wallet. She also asked SB if she changed her phone number a month before Emma was due so he could not get ahold of her to see when she was going to the hospital or anything else that was going on with the pregnancy? SB said yes. KC asked why? SB said because she was mad at him! Did she change her phone number a lot to keep Anthony from contacting her when she was mad at him? She replied yes. (Emma was over a month old before Anthony's family was told of the birth!)

Ms Cromer asked if Anthony attended Emma's Baby Shower at her house? SB said, 'No he wanted to, but he didn't'. KC asked why is that? SB said they were fighting and she told him she didn't want him there, to ruin the day! Did you also uninvite his Mother? Yes! Did you also send Christmas gifts that his family sent to Emma back to them? Yes, the first Christmas, but she was allowed to keep the second Christmas' gifts from them. (For 11 whole weeks.)

Kelly asked her how many beers she had on St Patrick's Day and she said One! Why do you say you have a hangover in a text to someone the next day? How do you get a hangover from one beer? SB said I'm a lightweight! KC said, you are 120 pounds and one beer gives you a hangover? SB said she was lighter then, like 110 or 115, so yeah she got a hangover from ONE beer. KC pressed her - so it is your sworn testimony under oath that you got a hangover from that one beer? YES!! The jury didn't buy that one!

Ms Cromer asked what she did at 60th, when she watched the lights or whatever she did for 30 minutes? SB said 'Nothing, just looked at the lights! SB claimed she doesn't remember having sex with BB that night or morning. KC questioned that, "You remember everything else, but you can't remember having sex?" SB said "I don't recall." Funny she went from getting the best New Year's kiss ever, to not remembering having sex in just ten weeks - I guess it wasn't that good...

KC asked what time she got home from her St Patrick's night out and SB said 4 AM. She went home and went to sleep for 2 hours or so and got up and dressed for work. Then she went to BB's house and slept until 1 PM. KC said, "Well, if you slept at home for 2 hrs and you were supposed to be at work at 5:30 AM were you already late for work? She said, close to it. Remember BB said on the stand that she stayed at his house until 4 and he took her to her house to get dressed for work and she went back to his house at 5 AM. Someone is lying!

Ms Cromer wanted to know how many times she texted BB in a day. More than 20? 30 or more? SB said "Several, I don't know. I didn't count." KC asked, "Well could it have been 10 or 20 maybe?" SB said, "I don't know." KC well could it have been 30 or more? She said "I DID NOT KEEP COUNT AND I WILL NOT TELL YOU A SPECIFIC NUMBER!" (There's that attitude again!) Judge Zackey asked; "Well can you say it was more then 20?" SB said "Yeah..yes!"

Jennifer G Supervisor from BofA

Jennifer testified that SB removed the photos of Emma from her cubical a week before Emma was murdered.

Amber B - (former?) BFF

No show!

Larry B - paternal gfather

Mr B testified that he only saw Emma twice in her life, the day she was born and the day after. He stated Sue B has issues with him so they do not do family get togethers. This did not stop someone from calling and asking him if SB could stay at his house (because he had an extra room) 3 weeks after the murder.

Added note: SB said her mother came running through her door and jumped on her while she was asleep. She also stated Sue didn't actually hit her or pull her hair - she simply jumped on her and GB pulled her off.

Statement from the AV Hospital.

Yesterday Ms Cromer mentioned a letter sent to Judge Zackey from the AV Hospital - today the jury hears that Emma was treated there in December 2008 and January 2009 - she had such severe diaper rash and fungal infection that her bottom had open sores.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry that took so long, I was 3/4 done with the post when the server went down for maintenance.

Stacey Barker on the stand.

Dager said that he strongly advised her against doing so but she made the choice and she took the stand!

SB put on her good girl face for RD - she was cooperative and even cried at times, a very fake cry. (Ten times in her life, four times in the last 2 weeks!)

SB told the court if a guy didn't accept Emma then he didn't accept her either and he was history. Emma came first and they were a package deal. She claims she is easily manipulated but she cared for her daughter more than anything - yah. She also said that she was quiet and reserved, when she was mad and fighting with her boyfriends she was not loud or violent.

When asked by Dager if she killed her daughter before she left Lancaster, she said "I DID NOT KILL MY DAUGHTER!"

RD went over the same stuff with SB as he did with everyone else - the baby showers, fixing the room for Emma and the other stuff (her grades from HS, who bought things for Emma, who cared for Emma etc).

Asked why she was going to Long Beach SB said that she was afraid her Mom was on the verge of kicking her out again. Her mom didn't like her going out and not being with Emma, but her dad was OK with it... She and her Mom didn't agree on many things. (I believe her dad didn't really have much of a clue about what exactly SB was up to during this time. He thought BB only came over to visit SB once per week!)

On cross Ms Cromer asked SB when her mother had kicked her out before - she admitted she never actually had, she had only threatened.

The State questions Stacey Barker:

Ms Cromer was not as hard on SB as she could have been but the questions that she asked made SB mad at times and her snotty attitude shot out like a bullet! The jury saw a different side of Mizz Barker... the one she tried so hard to hide from them, sitting next to RD and while being questioned by him.

So SB was driving towards LA when Emma got cranky - SB said this was the longest drive Emma had ever taken. SB gave Emma a ZipLock Baggie from her purse and she was playing Peek-A-Boo with her, when she noticed Emma was no longer breathing.

KC: Ms Cromer asked her why she didn't pull off at the nearest exit when she saw Emma was blue and purple? Why she drove another 35 to 40 minutes?

SB: I wasn't thinking.

KC: Why didn't you call 911, or use the call box, or pull to the shoulder and call for help?

SB: I was in shock and didn't know what to do, so she got off at the Cherry exit and drove until she found some place to pull over then got into the back seat of the car to check Emma. She put her hand over Emma's face to see if she had breath, she was blue and purple and cold to the touch, she knew Emma was dead.

KC: So, what did you do then?

SB: I got back into the car. (Interesting answer - she had already claimed she didn't get out of the car.)

KC: What did you do for the 3 1/2 hours that you were by LAX?

SB: I can't recall.

KC: You know nothing about a disposable cell phone?

SB: No, this is the first time I have heard that term...

KC: What is in the area where you threw Emma?

SB: 3 homes... then she said stayed there, saying goodbye to Emma for a little while. (Cell phone pings say she lied - she was gone within a minute.)

KC: Oh, when you put EB in the bushes you said you took her out of the car and cradled her and dumped her in the bush?

SB: In a really smart *advertiser censored* way - I placed her there - PLACED!

KC: How did you cradle Emma when she was stiff, in stage 4 rigor?

SB: (SMART AGAIN) She was not stiff.

KC: So then the evidence lies?

SB: YES!

Ms Cromer just looked at her and SB yelled - Were you there? Were. You. There?! With a really smart aleck look on her face.

That set off some noises from the gallery and a few from the jury!

Judge Zackey said he didn't hear anything but if the jury did to pay no attention to it, that anyone making noises will be asked to leave the court - this is a serious case. He didn't realize it was from the jury also! (A few of them were also shaking their heads!)

Ms Cromer got SB to say that BB said that he wished the LEOs had believed her first story so she would not be in jail...

KC: You kept up the lie you made up till the very end, right?

KC: You lied to everyone right?

KC: You lied up until the time they confronted you with your cell phone records right?

SB:Yes.

KC: So then you are not easy to manipulate...

Each time RD brought up Anthony (Emma's daddy), the jury was not pleased about it. It seemed to us they are sick of hearing RD trash Anthony. Ms Cromer made it clear that Anthony had to take the Metro to some of SB's doctor appointments and her ultra sounds, because he was having financial trouble and had no car, but he did make it and carries one of the ultrasound pictures in his wallet. She also asked SB if she changed her phone number a month before Emma was due so he could not get ahold of her to see when she was going to the hospital or anything else that was going on with the pregnancy? SB said yes. KC asked why? SB said because she was mad at him! Did she change her phone number a lot to keep Anthony from contacting her when she was mad at him? She replied yes. (Emma was over a month old before Anthony's family was told of the birth!)

Ms Cromer asked if Anthony attended Emma's Baby Shower at her house? SB said, 'No he wanted to, but he didn't'. KC asked why is that? SB said they were fighting and she told him she didn't want him there, to ruin the day! Did you also uninvite his Mother? Yes! Did you also send Christmas gifts that his family sent to Emma back to them? Yes, the first Christmas, but she was allowed to keep the second Christmas' gifts from them. (For 11 whole weeks.)

Kelly asked her how many beers she had on St Patrick's Day and she said One! Why do you say you have a hangover in a text to someone the next day? How do you get a hangover from one beer? SB said I'm a lightweight! KC said, you are 120 pounds and one beer gives you a hangover? SB said she was lighter then, like 110 or 115, so yeah she got a hangover from ONE beer. KC pressed her - so it is your sworn testimony under oath that you got a hangover from that one beer? YES!! The jury didn't buy that one!

Ms Cromer asked what she did at 60th, when she watched the lights or whatever she did for 30 minutes? SB said 'Nothing, just looked at the lights! SB claimed she doesn't remember having sex with BB that night or morning. KC questioned that, "You remember everything else, but you can't remember having sex?" SB said "I don't recall." Funny she went from getting the best New Year's kiss ever, to not remembering having sex in just ten weeks - I guess it wasn't that good...

KC asked what time she got home from her St Patrick's night out and SB said 4 AM. She went home and went to sleep for 2 hours or so and got up and dressed for work. Then she went to BB's house and slept until 1 PM. KC said, "Well, if you slept at home for 2 hrs and you were supposed to be at work at 5:30 AM were you already late for work? She said, close to it. Remember BB said on the stand that she stayed at his house until 4 and he took her to her house to get dressed for work and she went back to his house at 5 AM. Someone is lying!

Ms Cromer wanted to know how many times she texted BB in a day. More than 20? 30 or more? SB said "Several, I don't know. I didn't count." KC asked, "Well could it have been 10 or 20 maybe?" SB said, "I don't know." KC well could it have been 30 or more? She said "I DID NOT KEEP COUNT AND I WILL NOT TELL YOU A SPECIFIC NUMBER!" (There's that attitude again!) Judge Zackey asked; "Well can you say it was more then 20?" SB said "Yeah..yes!"

Jennifer G Supervisor from BofA

Jennifer testified that SB removed the photos of Emma from her cubical a week before Emma was murdered.

Amber B - (former?) BFF

No show!

Larry B - paternal gfather

Mr B testified that he only saw Emma twice in her life, the day she was born and the day after. He stated Sue B has issues with him so they do not do family get togethers. This did not stop someone from calling and asking him if SB could stay at his house (because he had an extra room) 3 weeks after the murder.

Added note: SB said her mother came running through her door and jumped on her while she was asleep. She also stated Sue didn't actually hit her or pull her hair - she simply jumped on her and GB pulled her off.

Statement from the AV Hospital.

Yesterday Ms Cromer mentioned a letter sent to Judge Zackey from the AV Hospital - today the jury hears that Emma was treated there in December 2008 and January 2009 - she had such severe diaper rash and fungal infection that her bottom had open sores.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry that took so long, I was 3/4 done with the post when the server went down for maintenance.

The thanks button wasn't enough. Thank you for all your hard work. Without you we would have no information on this tragic case. Emma deserves so much more.

The thanks button wasn't enough. Thank you for all your hard work. Without you we would have no information on this tragic case. Emma deserves so much more.

I needed to express that I wanted to click the "Thank you" 500 times for this. I don't even know how to express my thanks!

OMG!!Thank you sooooo much for the updates! SB is such a rotten person, poor Emma!

Good mommy, my behind! Diaper rash that has open sores, yeah that's what good mommies do!! JMO

Yesterday was a good day for our little Emma!

SB basically tried to refute every piece of evidence - I don't think it worked! She claimed her GPA was 3.2 (rather than the 3.0 the transcript showed) I wanted to scream Who cares!? It changes nothing! She snuggled Emma who was in full rigor, so the evidence lies. She didn't have a temper, so Anthony lies. She was not BB's girlfriend. He was more into her than she was to him, so BB lies.

There was quite a bit of that "I do not recall" bug going around too...

Odd that one beer completely erased her memory of what she and BB did on St Patrick's night (and caused a hangover!). She did recall it was only one beer though! Her memory is strange that way.

She testified that Deputy Mario V was just a booty call. She wasn't planning their "forever" - she did run out and take the Sheriff's entrance exam one month after they started dating though!

GB visibly reacted to SB's sexcapades. He did not like hearing she was involved in so much casual sex. I guess he was disappointed, just like he would have been if SB had told him she wanted him to take Emma - yet he supports her after she admitted to smothering her!? Makes no sense to me!

One of the defense witnesses opined (GB?) that the S & R dog may have been responsible for Emma's blinky going missing. The state brought in an officer who was involved in the search for Emma. He explained they use a sterile pad and rub it across whatever they want to scent, so not to tamper with evidence. In this case he rubbed the driver's seat in SB's car! The dog went from the car, to the fence (SB's belongings were dumped there), then the dog headed out of the PnR to Ave S! Smart move on SB's part to have BB leave her at the PnR to go pick up her brother! They were aware the driver had left in a car! Since they were looking for a missing baby - they didn't attempt to follow "the driver" down the highway, but took the dog to Lancaster Park where SB claimed to be attacked. The officer said the dog did react at the park - Emma had been there, but the scent was at least a week old. I wonder if the dog followed the driver's scent into the dugout where BB had sat during his last ball game, the week prior!?

BB, who was allowed back into the courtroom yesterday appeared to be nervous. He was there with his mom and gmother again.

After the S & R dog handler, the court heard a tape of Detectives Nava and McCarthy with the Barkers at their home - they were trying to answer the Barker's questions regarding Emma's death. GB said that Nava and McCarthy were cold and accusatory to them. According to Tori and Ange they sounded concerned and helpful. Det Nava will be recalled by the State this morning re this tape then the closing statements will begin. The jury should have this case by sometime this afternoon!

OMG!!Thank you sooooo much for the updates! SB is such a rotten person, poor Emma!

Good mommy, my behind! Diaper rash that has open sores, yeah that's what good mommies do!! JMO

You're all very welcome. Poor Emma.

MorenoI this rash really bothered me as well. I wonder just how bad it had to be to warrant two visits to the ER, rather than just a trip to the Pediatrician!?

I did ask about whether Emma got the rash after taking antibiotics but the answer is no. SB said Emma would have a BM after she was put down for a nap, so she would leave her in the dirty diaper while she slept - for up to two hours at a time. UGH! One more piece of the puzzle proving what a carpy mother SB was to sweet little Emma.

Early in this case I noticed something was off in the photo's of Emma taken at Christmas 2008 - I cannot explain what I saw but there was something different from earlier pictures. Every person who testified for the State has backed this up.

Mid December SB just lost interest in being Emma's mommy - what happened on March 18 2009 was not an isolated or aberrant incident - it was something that was 3 months coming and even poor Sue knew! The first words out of her mouth when she talked to the deputies attest to this fact.

Stacey Barker gave her baby a triple dose of baby Benadryl, she took her for a ride then smothered precious Emma with her bare hands and dumped her little body in a nasty weed-filled lot - hoping the animals would get to her and destroy the evidence of what she had done.

She should have been charged with 1st degree, premeditated murder!

I have been reading a blog about this case but the most recent trial days have not been written about. I wonder why. I actually just found out recently, though, that this trial has started! I had no clue. I have been immersed in the casey anthony case. Poor Emma. If her mom had waited 31 days and her grandparents had engaged in crazy antics in front of the house and if her body had not been located for months, I think Emma would have gotten as much national attention as Caylee. It's very sad because these cases are so, so similar.

I wish I had known earlier when it was starting. I have no one to blame but myself but I would have liked to meander up to Lancaster court to hear some of the testimony.

God bless those of you who are refusing to let Emma be forgotten. Thank you for the updates.

You're all very welcome. Poor Emma.

MorenoI this rash really bothered me as well. I wonder just how bad it had to be to warrant two visits to the ER, rather than just a trip to the Pediatrician!?

I did ask about whether Emma got the rash after taking antibiotics but the answer is no. SB said Emma would have a BM after she was put down for a nap, so she would leave her in the dirty diaper while she slept - for up to two hours at a time. UGH! One more piece of the puzzle proving what a carpy mother SB was to sweet little Emma.

Early in this case I noticed something was off in the photo's of Emma taken at Christmas 2008 - I cannot explain what I saw but there was something different from earlier pictures. Every person who testified for the State has backed this up.

Mid December SB just lost interest in being Emma's mommy - what happened on March 18 2009 was not an isolated or aberrant incident - it was something that was 3 months coming and even poor Sue knew! The first words out of her mouth when she talked to the deputies attest to this fact.

Stacey Barker gave her baby a triple dose of baby Benadryl, she took her for a ride then smothered precious Emma with her bare hands and dumped her little body in a nasty weed-filled lot - hoping the animals would get to her and destroy the evidence of what she had done.

She should have been charged with 1st degree, premeditated murder!

Amen! That fact that she will be allowed to breath free air again when Emma never will really burns my biscuits. She should be :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar for the rest of her life!

Both sides rested and jury was given instructions.

In the jury instructions - Count 1 options are - Murder - 1st Degree Murder, 2nd Degree Murder and Manslaughter and not guilty. The other counts are Child Abuse and Child Abuse Causing Death of a Child under 8 years of age. The Special Allegation is Great Bodily Injury to a child under the age of 5.

This is the first we've heard 1st Degree Murder!

PD Dager objected to the jury having the letters SB sent to John Doe - as they were not read in court. Ms Cromer said they go to show SB's obsession with the men she hones in on and how she will make herself fit into their lifestyle - she becomes what she thinks they want her to be. Judge Z said he will read them and make a decision.

After reading four of the letters Judge Z said - "Well, she tells him personal things; things about her family, steamy sex stories, she says she can tell him anything. In one letter she told him she wants a son!"

Judge Z said he will let them know tomorrow (Friday) if the letters go back or not.

DDA Kelly Cromer - Closing Argument

Ms Cromer started her closing around 3pm.

She started off by saying - This is not going to be short. I want to show that some people lied on the stand and that Emma was in the care of Stacey Barker when she was killed.

The defense has tried to sling everybody's name and drag them through the mud; like Anthony H, Sue B and Brendon B. He told you that Anthony H did some drugs and couldn't pay as much child support as he wanted to sometimes. He couldn't make it for all of her doctor's appointments - I say SO WHAT, SOOOO WHAT. He loved Emma and this is not about him. It is about Stacey Barker and what she did.

Dager wants to confuse you and take the focus off of Stacey Barker and put it on the others, like she is the victim here, not Emma!

They tried to say Sue was a alcoholic and Stacey Barker grew up with an alcoholic mother that was controlling and took medication - I say, who cares this is not about Sue. It is about Stacey Barker.

I am sure that Sue feels guilt about what happened but it is not her fault, she has lost a granddaughter and if Stacey Barker goes to prison she will lose her daughter, maybe even her husband. They got on the stand and were torn about this and tried to, in a way save their daughter - by not being able to recall important things.

Stacey Barker kept telling lie after lie and the only ones that will ever know the truth of what happened that day is Emma and Stacey Barker, because we sure have not gotten the truth here!

Ms Cromer shows the jury the memory card from SB's camera that was found in her purse. The pictures show Emma between October and December 2008, there are 10 or so pictures - she is such a doll! Then the photos change and the rest are of Stacey Barker, Brendon B and their party friends, NASCAR...a lot of them...

Stacey Barker has changed and Emma is no longer in the picture. Emma had to be taken to the hospital for bad rashes, this proves she was not paying as much attention to Emma as she should have been.

Stacey Barker had always been the center of attention and when she got pregnant her family was disappointed but excited and she was the center of attention once again. There were the baby showers (2), getting gifts, having fun, she got the attention she craved. When Emma was born and all the people stopped in to see her and the new baby, she got the attention. All the photos of her and Emma all dressed up, everyone saying how cute they were - she got attention. But as time goes on this cute baby starts getting big and needs more care and time. You know they are so cute when they are small but when they start to become toddlers they are messy, throw things, get into things they should not, and they are always a little slimy and they need more supervision.

Stacey Barker was tired of being a mother when she met Brendon B. She was also getting tired of her job, she started taking days off just to be with him. She wanted to party and be what Brendon B wanted her to be, to fit into his lifestyle...Emma was a impediment to her.

Ms Cromer said that Brendon B lied on the stand and she caught his lies - like not knowing where Stacey Barker was that night, yet going to Palmdale PnR, when Stacey had texted him earlier that she was at Lancaster City Park. When she asked him on the stand how many PnR's he knew of in the AV, Brendon B said the one by Lancaster City Park and Ave S. Why didn't he try the Lancaster City Park PnR? That would have been the most logical choice... He also said it took him six minutes to calm her down long enough to hear her story, yet he got in his car and started driving and didn't know where he was going, so he goes to Nick B, gets him and they start to Palmdale Ave S PnR.....the cell phone call times do not match his story.....

Stacey Barker had help that night, and that was Brendon B. Donna Varso (PnR guard) saw him.

Brendon's ears were turning red. His mom got up and walked out to the hallway and sat down. He now knows that they think he had something to do with either helping her hide Emma or helping her fabricate the kidnap and rape story. We will see what happens to him soon.

Miss Cromer played the 911 tape for the jury and said "Listen to her, THESE are FAKE tears and a fabricated story - listen good, FAKE TEARS! Once again, with this lie she made up, she is the center of attention again!"

Miss Cromer talks about the suffocation. She does not know if Stacey Barker pinched off Emma's nose and covered her mouth, but the striations and red marks on Emma's cheeks suggest that Stacey Barker did pinch Emma's nose enough to cause her nose to bleed and held the binkey on her face hard enough to cause the lines. Maybe Emma was struggling, throwing her head around to get air and that is why the red on her cheeks is there with the fabric lines inside of it and Stacey Barker just kept holding the binkey there, because she did not want to see Emma's face as she was dying...

Stacey Barker was so careful about her things and neat with her purse, yet she keeps a three day old empty Ziploc bag in it? There was no baggie and Emma could not have suffocated from the binkey. You all heard the medical testimony - suffocation but not from a baggie in the mouth!

Friday - PD Dager gives his closing.

Wow! Explosive stuff... wonder when BB is going to called out on the odd goings on in the PNR?? :eek:

After talking with Tori late Thursday, I wrongly assumed that Ms Cromer was done with her closing statement - she actually finished up at 4:30 Friday afternoon! PD Dager hasn't even started his closing yet!

It's been a long week for our friends in the AV - so I'll give them an evening to their families and will talk to Tori and Ange over the weekend to get more details on Ms Cromer's statement. I'll give you the short version here.

Ms Cromer walked the jury through 8 hours of evidence Friday, just to keep it all fresh in their minds before deliberating. Now they have all weekend to think about it.

One thing that stood out to Tori on Friday was how many people have been brought to tears by this trial - aside from the usual suspects, four men - two seasoned detectives, a male juror and an older gentleman who has been in court off and on - have cried in Judge Zackey's Courtroom during testimony. On Friday even the Court Reporter was tearful over Ms Cromer's closing statement.

What was Stacey Barker doing during this emotional presentation? Sitting there bored as usual - appearing completely uninterested in the events going on around her. Not a single tear as the jury heard Ms Cromer's devastating comments on Emma's murder and viewing photographs of precious Emma taken at the dump site on the overhead large screen.

The letter's from SB to John Doe:

All the letters started with My Dearest "X". How has my handsome man been? She told him things like she loves his eyes and the second she looked into them she wanted to get lost in them and never be found. She wants to explore every inch of his body and wants him to explore her's - when they are on the outs (she picks up jail slang quick, huh?). She wants to do things to him and she wants to have him do things to her!. She sent him a steamy page out of a trashy romance novel - then she told him she will give him a few minutes to cool down, because she knows she needs to cool off. She wrote - one day he can make all her fantasies come true. (IMO SB is one twisted momster.) She tried on his last name and said how good it sounded. She told him personal stuff, stuff about her family, how she trusts him enough to tell him anything. She wants to get tats and does not mind his Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll lifestyle, she is only concerned because he is a musician, because Anthony is a musician. She wrote a nasty comment about Anthony.

The letters go to show that she obsesses over men she likes and was willing to adapt to their lifestyle, no matter what it took. She had only met this guy five times, in a cage, on a bus ride!

SB did have enough sense to look embarrassed while Judge Zackey read the letters out loud.

Friday Ms Cromer stated as a fact that Brendon was involved somehow. She showed the cell phone records, the call times do not match his testimony, she caught his lies...she said he is shaking in his shoes and she can prove he helped! No doubt she will.

When SB was on the stand (on Wednesday) she blathered on and on about some mystery aliment that was supposed to cause her to be infertile. She repeatedly referred to Emma's conception as a miracle. On cross, Ms Cromer called her out on this - asking why she didn't provide a letter from her MD to support this claim? Why was she carrying Plan B in her car? Why, if she was infertile did she tell Anthony and Brendon that she was on the pill? And why did Anthony and Brendon both testify that they saw her BC pills? Her brilliant answer to this line of questioning was to say "Just because I had the pill, doesn't mean I was taking it!"

Thanks, LCoastMom, this trial is being held 4 miles from me, I can't believe I forgot about it, I don't take the paper.
I think I'll try and get over there Mon.

Thanks, LCoastMom, this trial is being held 4 miles from me, I can't believe I forgot about it, I don't take the paper.
I think I'll try and get over there Mon.

Jo that would be great! I'd love to hear your take on Dager's closing arguments - with luck we may have a verdict on Monday!

okay, I am finally all caught up....forgive me, emma, I just had forgotten when they moved the thread, honey :(

I am so, so, so, so happy to see they gave instructions for 1st degree murder as well as second, etc. this is CLEARLY first degree, my gosh!

and I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND it sounds like BB was DEFINITELY involved, why is he not in jail too??

okay, I am finally all caught up....forgive me, emma, I just had forgotten when they moved the thread, honey :(

I am so, so, so, so happy to see they gave instructions for 1st degree murder as well as second, etc. this is CLEARLY first degree, my gosh!

and I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND it sounds like BB was DEFINITELY involved, why is he not in jail too??

2Goldfish - I think the SA was waiting to see if he perjured himself - we know he did.

The 1st degree Murder charge is the first thing that has made me smile through all this... LE said Special Circumstances when SB was arrested, in my experience that usually goes with Murder 1 - they never said another word past 2nd degree charges.

I guess the Barkers were right when they told us we didn't know everything about the case... :(

In her closing statement on Friday, Kelly Cromer discussed BB's involvement - his head looked like it was going to explode when she brought up his testimony. He left at one of the breaks and did not return.

It seems that SB and BB discussed Anthony while they were having lunch at El Polo Loco (good chicken fast food franchise in CA), on March 18. BB said he wanted Anthony out of the picture. SB assured BB she had no contact with him, she hadn't even seen him since November.

So why did SB hop in her car and head to Long Beach - telling LE she wanted money from Anthony? Ms Cromer believes SB and BB were going to pin the disappearance of Emma on Anthony.

SB got off the 405 at Cherry Ave - she was in an industrial area - she thought she was at a gated community but in fact in was a business that had a big locked dumpster. "She was looking for a dumpster that was not locked up, you know that is where a lot of people throw dead bodies and children, in big dumpsters!"

Ms Cromer said that she was not able to find a dumpster and she needed to take her time so people would start to worry about her and Emma before she could go back to the PnR to stage the scene.

Kelly thinks that SB went to LAX to use one of the many pay phones to call BB at work....

BTW I love your new avi 2goldfish.

A long day in Lancaster - Roberto Dager was everything we expected and more...

Dager would have the jury believe that Stacey Barker is a young, stupid, immature young woman who made a mistake when her baby accidentally smothered and she did not call 911, she did not take her to a hospital, she did not even stop her car for 45 minutes to check on her - after she stopped breathing - accidentally.

He called her those names and more today during his closing.

Dager called out Witness X by his given name - then apologized when Ms Cromer objected. He meant to say John Doe... Stacey Barker was an immature little girl sending X love letters, like a 15 year old, trying on X's last name. She just isn't very worldly - book smart, not street smart, he said.

Stacey Barker was brought up by abusive alcoholics - she's quiet and emotionally stifled because of this - stoic is the word he used.

Anthony was not ready to be a father, so somehow it's his fault Emma died.

To demonstrate how people react differently to stress; Dager told a little story about his own 2 year old daughter, playing in the rack at a local discount store - she came out choking on a button and he claims her mother froze in her tracks - his daughter would be dead today if it were not for his heroic actions, jumping in to save his daughter, as bystanders rallied around her mother. (His EX-WIFE who passed away last year and cannot defend herself) :rolleyes:

If Stacey Barker is guilty why was she not charged with lying to LEOs and desecration of a corpse?

Why didn't the state have Stacey Barker examined by psychologists?

Pat Tillman - gave up a lucrative football career to defend our country - so the jury needs to find Stacey Barker "Not guilty". :confused: I kid you not, that's what he said...

When Dager was done, Kelly Cromer came back and told the jury he's just trying to confuse you with things that mean nothing. She was able to put everything in perspective and told the jury to ask for any clarification they find they need.

The jury began deliberating just before 2 PM - at 4:30 they were sent home for the night.

Ange and Tori both said several jurors looked very upset while leaving court. One was openly weeping in the hall, being supported by other jurors as they left.

YEAH!!!!! Hopefully by tomorrow morning when court is back in session, these jurors had a good night's sleep and will start their day off by convicting this momster.....For some odd reason, with all the similarities to the CMA case, It would be great KARMIC JUSTICE for her to be found guilty on the first day of ICA's trial.............................:great:

Thank you again LCM for all of your awesome posts!!! :tyou: I have kept up with both sites and you know we have been in this from the beginning together. :heartluv: Thanks for not letting life stop you from keeping us informed.Thank you my friend!! :applause: I think its wonderful how we all fell in love with Emma and were able to visit her final resting place. You are my hero....

Hopefully next we will see an arrest warrant for BB and his involvement in the murder of Emma Barker. BOTH him and SB have shown they are guiltier than sin and should rot away together. May Anthony's family find some closure at the end of this , and as for the B's..........I dont know WHAT to wish them..:sick:

I'm praying that not only will the jury find her guilty, as she surely is, but guilty of 1st degree murder. It is only justice for baby Emma. What is her life worth?

Ange and Tori both said several jurors looked very upset while leaving court. One was openly weeping in the hall, being supported by other jurors as they left.

oh that is so horrible :( I wish I could hug them :grouphug: how terrible they've had to see these things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back