GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but my Hink-O-mometer is going off the chart. A young pregnant woman, living in the high desert, during the heatwave, is going to go alone to a remote park and look for a hiking trail? For her mom's visit?

Wouldn't they just hike around the indoor air conditioned mall, like most pregnant moms do, during a heatwave in the drought?

And why ' go look' for a hiking trail? That's what the internet is for. HINKY...:moo:

Sorry, but my Hink-O-mometer is going off the chart. A young pregnant woman, living in the high desert, during the heatwave, is going to go alone to a remote park and look for a hiking trail? For her mom's visit?

Wouldn't they just hike around the indoor air conditioned mall, like most pregnant moms do, during a heatwave in the drought?

And why ' go look' for a hiking trail? That's what the internet is for. HINKY...:moo:

I agree! Many people would worry about a young pregnant woman just going to the mall in the heat alone depending on the town. No way they'd want her going alone to a remote park.

The reports earlier that she is 3 months pregnant must be false. The baby registry at BabiesRus shows her due date as September 11, 2014 - making her almost 7 months pregnant now - no way would she be hiking in the high desert heat and temperature!

Is the sister-in-law quoted Erin's brother's wife, or her husband's sister? I am curious as to whether she directly spoke to the sister-in-law about the upcoming visit, and about going to Joshua Tree, or if this was all information supplied to her by the husband and relayed by SIL.

“She was super excited,” her sister-in-law said, noting that, on the day she disappeared, she told her husband she was going to the park to find things for she and her mother to do together.
==============================================

So the trek to the park story is coming from the husband? hmmmmmmmm

Someone couldn't just say something more believable, like she was going to the market, because then one would be expected to be concerned much sooner.

The temps during the day were from 106 to 111 in Joshua Tree. What 7 month pregnant woman wants to go hiking by herself in 110 degrees?

Is the sister-in-law quoted Erin's brother's wife, or her husband's sister? I am curious as to whether she directly spoke to the sister-in-law about the upcoming visit, and about going to Joshua Tree, or if this was all information supplied to her by the husband and relayed by SIL.

I found what appears to be Jonathan's father's obit (???) and do not see Deanna listed as a family member: http://obit.weatherfordmortuary.com/obit_display.cgi?id=1188609

Hiking in that heat while pregnant? Was that usually something she was interested in? If she had been there before, would she have to drive there to see it to plan? Hinky meter is on the delay in reporting!!

I'm scratching my head over a Marine letting his wife do this.

It's supposed to be 109 degrees today.

I wonder when she was last seen by an independent person?

Is there no tree cover in this park? it would be horrendously hot out there.
What does the mother say about hiking there? Are they into fitness in a big way? JMOO

What does the mother say about hiking there? Are they into fitness in a big way? JMOO

Did Erin even mention going hiking out there with her mom? IMO, this would be a winter activity.

There is literally nothing to see or do out there. My son has not bothered to leave the base in the past month. He says it rocks and sand and more rocks and sand. More shopping and entertainment on base than in the town of 29 palms. You have to drive an hour just to find a Walmart.

Joshua Tree National Park - USATourist

www.usatourist.com/english/.../joshuatree/joshua-tree-main.html

Travel Guide for Joshua Tree National Park with information about location, scenery ... are plenty of wide-open spaces and hiking trails with spectacular scenery. ... Avoid the area from June through August when the heat becomes unbearable.
==============================================

Living so close by, I am sure she would know that. Way too hot to hike there in June. If she wanted to hike she could go West towards the coast, and be in cooler weather.

The cell reception in the area is horrible. I'm not sure if there are enough cell towers to triangulate a ping.

The road her car was found on looks very desolate. I guess anything could happen with nobody to see it at night. Is this a busy road leading to the base?

It's supposed to be 109 degrees today.

I wonder when she was last seen by an independent person?

Yes, they need to start at the beginning again and know who saw her last, when the last time she used her cell phone, who she talked to, etc. Meanwhile, I saw mentioned in one of the posted articles that someone may have possibly seen the car at Joshua Tree Sat morning. They need to be sure!

Sadly the outcome for this story looks bleek:please:

Hinky Hinky Hinky Hinky

I don't believe it. They say to stay away from this park from June to August, being a first time mother I see no women going here being pregnant.
And to add to that hubby didn't report her missing until the next day. Pretty sure if I don't show up within hours my hubby would be calling my cell phone and when I didn't answer he'd be calling 911 especially being pregnant.

Hope I'm wrong on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member