GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it's a complete game-changer if she actually made it to Joshua Tree and then something happened on the way back.

Twentynine Palms is a far cry from TN. It's definitely not for everyone. I am hoping she felt overwhelmed being young, pregnant, and in a new place with nothing to do, and decided to take a break. Maybe she felt embarrassed and like she couldn't tell anyone. I do have a theory or two, but I don't feel now is appropriate for speculation. I choose to hope she returns after clearing her head for a few days.

Twentynine Palms is a far cry from TN. It's definitely not for everyone. I am hoping she felt overwhelmed being young, pregnant, and in a new place with nothing to do, and decided to take a break. Maybe she felt embarrassed and like she couldn't tell anyone. I do have a theory or two, but I don't feel now is appropriate for speculation. I choose to hope she returns after clearing her head for a few days.

I really could see, if she didn't know much about the area, deciding to drive out there and take a look, even in June. I really like short road trips and if I were planning an excursion for my mom or friends I'd drive out there too and have a look around and see if it's doable. Maybe you could drive around in the park and see beautiful vistas or maybe there's a short hike with a picnic area. The internet doesn't always answer all the questions and give you a feel for the place. Maybe she just liked to drive - I do too. If her car were missing I'd say there's great hope she's safe.

I don't think there's much hope, and I have suspicions. :(

I hope that's the case too but I think she'd take the car if she was going off for a breather.

Reports say she went early in the morning, it would be much cooler at that time than had she gone at 2pm. Was she with anyone?

I don't believe that with her mom's upcoming visit, she would have left of her own volition.

It crossed my mind that maybe the marriage was abusive, causing Erin to want to leave, but I think she would have waited for her mother to arrive this weekend so that her mother could help her leave. That seems far more likely than her having a friend meet her and abandoning the car. Nope, I just plain do not believe she left on her own.

The idea of Erin hiking in the heat at Joshua Tree does not seem plausible. But IMO, driving out there to check out the area is not that unreasonable. She likely wouldn't have actually hiked any trails by herself that day. Maybe she was looking for a reason to get out of the house, especially if her husband was busy working that day.

The three possibilities I see:

Erin DID make it to the park, and a stranger harmed her (perhaps followed her on her way home and somehow got her to pull over)

[modsnip]

Maybe Erin was seeing someone else, and that person harmed her. I feel terrible saying that, but here is why I thought of it: The Joshua Tree story seems unlikely to us here at WS. And I think some of us are giving the husband the side eye because of that. If the husband is innocent of all involvement, maybe the story about going to Joshua Tree was told to him by Erin to cover up something up.

Do they have cameras at the gate to the base? Is there a gate with an entrance that has a guard. I used to live near Fort Jackson, and nobody could just drive onto the base without being stopped. I didn't know if this had anything like that.

It is really strange. You would think pregnant women would be less of a target for crimes but it seems to be quite the opposite.

Do they have cameras at the gate to the base? Is there a gate with an entrance that has a guard. I used to live near Fort Jackson, and nobody could just drive onto the base without being stopped. I didn't know if this had anything like that.

Yes, and they are very strict on letting anyone in. Not sure about leaving the base.

Several L.A. news outlets are incorrectly reporting the car found today and JT Park being searched today.

Comments by HB 3 hours ago, on Locate Erin facebook page discussing, Sheriff Dept vehicles and helicopters at Lucky Park located about 5 miles from where the car was found.

No confirmation that this has to do with Erin.

https://www.facebook.com/LocateErin?refid=13

From the family:

The disappearance of Corwin, who has no history of mental illness, drug use or running away, has shocked and bewildered her family, said DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin’s brother’s wife. “She’s super, super reserved, quiet, introverted." “It’s not really in line with her character to take off.”

Corwin moved to Twentynine Palms last fall when her husband of two years, a corporal in the U.S. Marine Corps, was moved from a base in Japan.

Corwin’s sister-in-law described the couple as having a charmed life together. They had only been living for a few months — Corwin lived with her parents in her hometown of Oak Ridge, Tennessee, while her husband was overseas — and the two talked about each other often — and effusively. “They’re still in this little bubble,” she said.

Corwin, who spent her free time volunteering for a nearby horse rescue, had never lived farther than a mile from her parents, with whom she has a close relationship.

When she disappeared, Corwin was preparing for a visit from her mother who was coming for her 20th birthday on July 15. They had bought tickets to Sea World, planned a trip to the San Diego Zoo and the young woman had stocked her freezer with extra food for her guest. “They were looking forward to spending some time together,” she said.

Corwin’s mother still made the trip out to California — her father came too — only they are now spending most of their time with their son-in-law hoping and praying for their daughter’s safe return. “We’re just keeping up the hope, keeping the faith and waiting for something to happen,” Heavilin said.

http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/2014/07/02/twentynine-palms-missing-womans-vehicle-found/

Several L.A. news outlets are incorrectly reporting the car found today and JT Park being searched today.

Yes! I noticed this. Earlier this morning the local news reported the car was still MISSING and showed pics asking for viewers to call police if they see it. There is so little info in this case I'm baffled how the only major clue could get so horribly misreported.

Yes! I noticed this. Earlier this morning the local news reported the car was still MISSING and showed pics asking for viewers to call police if they see it. There is so little info in this case I'm baffled how the only major clue could get so horribly misreported.

The car has been found.

http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/2014/07/02/twentynine-palms-missing-womans-vehicle-found/

The vehicle belonging to a pregnant woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances from Twentynine Palms has been found, sheriff’s officials said.

It sounds like the couple was close with both sides of the family. Erin was obviously very close with her parents, and her sister-in-law seems to know a lot about her as a person. In JerseyGirl's post (#72), it states that Erin's parents are spending a lot of time with the husband now that they have arrived in CA. It sounds like a good family unit, who are all close with one another. Who knows what is really going on behind the scenes though I guess.

Hi all, speculation of someone not named by LE is against TOS, please don't go there unless a link is provided, or someone is named by LE, thanks.

Well, nothing new in the TV news and apparently they still haven't updated the statement that she was 3 months pregnant - seems much further along than that.

Prayers she's found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member