GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if the car was in working order ?
Did it start, was there a flat tire anything that may have disabled the car.

We don't know anything about the condition of the car, only that the car was pointed towards the base at Valle Vista between Condor and Utah Trail.

She also could have stopped there to take notes, maybe got out of the car to take a photograph of the spot.

Some sleuther I am. I just realized that we have no clothing description. That might indicate that the last communication between Erin and her husband was by phone.

Some sleuther I am. I just realized that we have no clothing description. That might indicate that the last communication between Erin and her husband was by phone.

Agreed. Also how traveled is this road. I was going to ask my step father about this location last night and I forgot as he is sent here about once a month for work. I'll talk to him later today and pick his brain and see if could tell me something regarding this location.

would there be security cameras around the base?? that is if the car was found close to the base I'm still kind of confused about that.

I am too, why would her car be up north of the base and and the NP?

This map is assuming they reside in Lincoln Housing on base:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/743...462ff73e3de!2m2!1d-116.047584!2d34.148708!3e0

If you zoom out you'll see the Joshua Tree National Park to the south of the base entrance, according to this google map.

Do we know if the car was in working order ?
Did it start, was there a flat tire anything that may have disabled the car.

Good questions regarding if car became inoperable for some reason?

:waitasec:

Do they have cameras at the gate to the base? Is there a gate with an entrance that has a guard. I used to live near Fort Jackson, and nobody could just drive onto the base without being stopped. I didn't know if this had anything like that.

Yes, I would say there are most definitely cameras. To get onto any base, at minimum, you need to show your military ID to the military police. There are definitely cameras at the check points.

Not trying to harp on how far along her pregnancy is, but that fact could be important for a lot of theories (baby stealing, how well she was to be out in the heat, etc.)

This article from KMIR news says they spoke with her husband and that he confirmed she is two months pregnant.

I wonder if she was possibly pregnant before and miscarried and then got pregnant again, thus the inconsistencies in what she reported on facebook, baby registry, etc.

Or just bad reporting all around...

http://www.kmir.com/story/25930731/wife-of-marine-still-missing-husband-speaks-exclusively-with-kmir

Yes, and they are very strict on letting anyone in. Not sure about leaving the base.

They do not check IDs when leaving base. The cameras should still catch the license plates though

Not trying to harp on how far along her pregnancy is, but that fact could be important for a lot of theories (baby stealing, how well she was to be out in the heat, etc.)

This article from KMIR news says they spoke with her husband and that he confirmed she is two months pregnant.

I wonder if she was possibly pregnant before and miscarried and then got pregnant again, thus the inconsistencies in what she reported on facebook, baby registry, etc.

http://www.kmir.com/story/25930731/wife-of-marine-still-missing-husband-speaks-exclusively-with-kmir

yes, that's true... could have removed the registry when (if) she miscarried. I know I tried to take down my wedding registry after the wedding and it kept our names and a blank registry up, so it could be the same thing.

Yes, that is really confusing. An article someone posted upthread talked about how the husband and wife have only been living together for 'several months' because the husband had been living overseas while Erin lived with her parents in TN. Yet it is right there on her Facebook that she announced a pregnancy in January. I also thought she appeared pregnant in the formal picture of him in uniform and her in the blue dress (further along than 2 months)... when she posted that picture on Facebook her Fbook friends were commenting 'congratulations' on the photo as well. I haven't seen the baby registry for myself, but this all seems so conflicting. Perhaps there was a miscarriage at some point as you said.

IMO, it is important to know how far along she was when she disappeared. If she was only two months along and not showing, then if a stranger harmed her it is unlikely the pregnancy was a factor.

Yes, that is really confusing. An article someone posted upthread talked about how the husband and wife have only been living together for 'several months' because the husband had been living overseas while Erin lived with her parents in TN. Yet it is right there on her Facebook that she announced a pregnancy in January. I also thought she appeared pregnant in the formal picture of him in uniform and her in the blue dress (further along than 2 months)... when she posted that picture on Facebook her Fbook friends were commenting 'congratulations' on the photo as well. I haven't seen the baby registry for myself, but this all seems so conflicting. Perhaps there was a miscarriage at some point as you said.

IMO, it is important to know how far along she was when she disappeared. If she was only two months along and not showing, then if a stranger harmed her it is unlikely the pregnancy was a factor.

The husband could have come home from Japan on leave, or she could had flown to Japan to visit him. A September due date would mean conception sometime around Christmas.

I also wondered if maybe she had miscarried and this was a second pregnancy.

Bad reporting, especially with the comment where he says he made the first call on Saturday morning to report her missing. Earlier reports all say that he reported her missing on Sunday, or he's changing his story.

He was outside the apartment he shared on-base with his missing wife.

He refused to go on camera and didn't want to give up much information, saying he was advised against it by the detectives working the case. But he did confirm his wife is 2-months pregnant, the two have been married for about a year, but have known one another for 8 years.

He says he was the one to make the first call on Saturday morning to report her missing.

Her family says she is thought to have been headed to Joshua Tree National Park when she went missing.

Who last saw her, as in "last seen leaving her house on Saturday morning"?

Strange. Husband doesn't want to go on camera. So I gather no plea for her safe return :tantrum: Not liking this.

The link from post #75 says they moved to Twentynine Palms last fall.

Strange. Husband doesn't want to go on camera. So I gather no plea for her safe return :tantrum: Not liking this.

He might have been advised by someone very savvy not to become media fodder.

It seems they have all the actual help they need, in the search. Any extra "help" by talking heads won't be effective in their goal.

Sad case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member