GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they see any other tire marks behind or in front of her car.
If she was not having car problems, or stopping to take a photo I wonder why she pulled over or how someone got her to pull over if in fact she was the one whom left the car there. I'm guessing they took finger prints and could also check the base cameras to verify that it was her whom was driving her car and the time she left the base.
I wish LE would release a little more info for us.

He might have been advised by someone very savvy not to become media fodder.

It seems they have all the actual help they need, in the search. Any extra "help" by talking heads won't be effective in their goal.

Sad case.

In that link above, he said that the detectives advised him not to talk to the media about the case. I'm sure they also advised her mother and sister-in-law.

Sadly, I don't think this case will end well. I have almost no hope for Erin's safe return.

My only positive hope is that perhaps Erin did get out of the car and walk around at Joshua Tree and become overheated (although it was early morning when she left). Possibly becoming disoriented. Although I am sure all local area hospitals, etc have been checked.

Do we know for a fact whether Erin's purse and/or cell were found in the car?

Oh no. This is just awful!! I don't even know what to think at this point. Praying hard Erin is found safe somehow!! :please:

I work in Oak Ridge, went to school there, my mom was raised there, my dad worked for ORNL for 40 years and my brother works for SNS there now. I have reached out on FB to other Oak Ridgers for info and have only heard that a few of my colleagues know her mom. I guess the connection makes this one hit a little close to home for me. Hoping for some good news today.

Z107.7 News

July 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM · Reply

Evidently she had a miscarriage but became pregnant again. Her mother told Z107.7 that she had just found out she was pregnant when she disappeared. Many times family members are told they must wait 24 hours before filing a missing persons report.
this was a reply in the comments section from the station..just to clarify the pregnancy confusion

This explains the discrepancy about how far along she is, as well as the empty registry. :-(
Z107.7 News

July 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM · Reply

Evidently she had a miscarriage but became pregnant again. Her mother told Z107.7 that she had just found out she was pregnant when she disappeared. Many times family members are told they must wait 24 hours before filing a missing persons report.
this was a reply in the comments section from the station..just to clarify the pregnancy confusion

It seems they have all the actual help they need, in the search. Any extra "help" by talking heads won't be effective in their goal.

Sad case.

right, in certain circumstances, they will instruct the family to stay out of the media. depends on the strategy that they plan to use

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80712729/

An intensive search for a Marine's 19-year-old pregnant wife continued Thursday at Joshua Tree National Park, where about a dozen search and rescue volunteers were on the ground, assisted by a sheriff’s helicopter in the air, authorities said.

http://oakridgetoday.com/2014/07/03/air-ground-search-way-pregnant-woman-missing-california/

Specialized investigators, detectives from Morongo Basin/Twentynine Palms station, and patrol personnel are also at the scene, the Sheriff’s Department said in an update posted late Thursday morning. The search area continues to be in and around the Joshua Tree National Park, authorities said.

In that link above, he said that the detectives advised him not to talk to the media about the case. I'm sure they also advised her mother and sister-in-law.

Sounds more like what a lawyer would tell his client...

the family spoke to PEOPLE Magazine:

Erin Corwin, who has been missing since Saturday, June 26, and whose disappearance could be linked to foul play.

She was last seen leaving her Twentynine Palms, California, home Saturday morning and was believed to be headed to nearby Joshua Tree National Park for a day trip in advance of her mother's upcoming visit.

Her husband reported her missing on Sunday when she did not return to their home on a Marine base in the desert city.

On Monday, authorities discovered Corwin's 2013 Toyota Corolla in Twentynine Palms.

Erin's sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, tells PEOPLE Erin's husband called the family Sunday morning to say she was missing, and "it was immediately concerning because she had already been gone for a day. She didn't start driving until she was 18 years old and she is 19 now and she has a terrible sense of direction, so our first thought was that she was lost."

"Erin is the absolute bottom of my list for something like this to happen," she says. "She is not an at-risk person, she doesn't have a wild side, no drugs, no history of anything like that. She is a military wife who stays home and volunteers at a horse shelter. This is the last person who you would ever think that something like this could happen to."

DeeAnna tells PEOPLE her family was not aware Erin was pregnant, but believe she was waiting for her mother's upcoming visit to share the news.

"We believe that she was waiting to tell her mom – who is her best friend in the world – for when her mom was coming to visit her for her birthday, which is July 15."

http://www.people.com/article/pregnant-woman-erin-corwin-19-missing-joshua-tree

Sounds more like what a lawyer would tell his client...

I read on her Locate Erin page on Facebook that someone said the military told him not to comment.

I'm really anxious to know if anyone besides the husband was told that Erin would be in the park. If not, it seems that LE believes she is in the park...and it seems that the media is leaning towards foul play. This leads me to believe she was dumped in the park. If the husband is the only one who can link her to the park, that's pretty incriminating.

Also, who told the media she was pregnant if her own mother didn't know?

Trying to follow along, my apologies if these questions have been answered.

UPDATE - July 3, 2014:

There are no new developments in the Erin Corwin missing person investigation. The search for Erin continues today with about a dozen Search and Rescue volunteers on the ground and a Sheriff’s helicopter searching from the air. Specialized Investigators, Morongo Basin/Twentynine Palms station detectives and patrol personnel are also on scene. The search area continues to be in and around the Joshua Tree National Park.

Anyone with information about Erin Corwin is urged to contact the Sheriff’s Specialized Investigation Division at (909)387-3589 or Sheriff’s dispatch at (909)387-8313. Callers wishing to remain anonymous can contact the WeTip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or go to www.wetip.com

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5227600/

If they don't find her very soon, I think this is about to blow up into a nationwide story. All the elements are here that would make it "sell" in the talking head market - a pretty young wife, pregnant, missing, car found. Grieving parents and sister in law.

I hope an agency like the Carol Sund foundation (spelling?) comes to help them. In cases like this, family thinks they want media in their desperate search for their loved one - but it's a curse. The worst thing in their lives is their beloved Erin is missing. Second worse thing - the media is on the way.

If nothing big happens in the Justin Ross Harris baby death court case today, the full media attention that case has captured will turn to this one. IMHO.

:(

I strongly disagree. The worst thing in the world for a missing person case is that everyone ignores their case, including family. When that happens, no one ever hears they are missing, no one searches or comes forward with info, and police never feel any pressure to put resources into the search.

The Carol Sund foundation that I've seen linked everywhere for the past few years; as far as I can work out, they stopped their reward funds for missing people a long time ago, and 'passed on' the name/business to another non-for profit. But they did not post that info on their own website, which was left online (but inactive) for a long, long time. While many people were still recommending families of the missing go there to find sponsors for a reward.

I see there is a new website now, and I don't know the details. I know they are/were a well meaning, honest not-for-profit, but I don't like the way the changes were handled, I don't think they offer the reward funding everyone was interested in anymore, and I also think there are far better orgs to go to for support, imo.

So. Marines MUST obey orders. And they come from on high and no-one can quite figure why.

We all know that.

But is it usual for Commanders to forbid a marine from speaking about or appealing for help to locate his young, vulnerable, pregnant, missing wife?

I'm always on the marines' side by the way. I just feel Erin is being a little let down here. I'd expect more from the Marine Corp. By relation, she's one of their own.

Sad case.

Again, strongly disagree. 'Talking heads' get the word out'. Keep the hikers and the walkers who are most likely to find Erin's remains (I believe she is deceased) aware. If they see something supicious, they just might investigate and report, rather than walking on by.

Even though I'm In SoCal I've never been to Joshua Tree nat'l park. How vast so the area?

This tactic may backfire as his absence is becoming fodder in itself. :-/

Sad case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member