GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder which way her car was pointing? Away from or towards the base?

I wonder if there is any record that she did go through Joshua NP that day...

there are entrances which require payment....

I wonder if there are cameras which record vehicles coming into the park?

:waitasec:

Also if you wanted to locate trails you can just go online, and I'm guessing even if she didn't have internet access or a computer the base did. JMO

The one thing I keep in mind about her husbands delayed reporting, is that he could have been on duty overnight and out of cell phone range. He may not have known she was missing until he got home. Even though they are on base training, these guys are out of reach for days and weeks at a time. Mostly what they do is conduct live fire combat training. During the Mojave Viper training program, they work, live, eat and sleep the desert for 30 days.

The one thing I keep in mind about her husbands delayed reporting, is that he could have been on duty overnight and out of cell phone range. He may not have known she was missing until he got home. Even though they are on base training, these guys are out of reach for days and weeks at a time. Mostly what they do is conduct live fire combat training. During the Mojave Viper training program, they work, live, eat and sleep the desert for 30 days.

However according to the story they spoke either in person or over the phone, maybe text that she was going to the park , at least according to him.
I do understand what you are saying but appears they did speak and he was home or couldn't get ahold of her to know was missing and report it. Maybe my hinky meter is just making me not see things clearly.

However according to the story they spoke either in person or over the phone, maybe text that she was going to the park , at least according to him.
I do understand what you are saying but appears they did speak and he was home or couldn't get ahold of her to know was missing and report it. Maybe my hinky meter is just making me not see things clearly.

BBM. I missed this detail. That does change things for me.

I wish we had more details, as sadly, I've pretty much reached a foregone conclusion. Sigh.

BBM. I missed this detail. That does change things for me.

I wish we had more details, as sadly, I've pretty much reached a foregone conclusion. Sigh.

I missed all those details too. Where did you read this Davia18?

I thought about that, too, but quickly realized he knew what time she left Saturday morning. Reporting her missing over 24 hours later comes across as very suspicious to me, coupled with the fact that homicide detectives have been called in. The heat down there is unbearable this time of year. The story makes no sense whatsoever.

I thought about that, too, but quickly realized he knew what time she left Saturday morning. Reporting her missing over 24 hours later comes across as very suspicious to me, coupled with the fact that homicide detectives have been called in. The heat down there is unbearable this time of year. The story makes no sense whatsoever.

I would think the military would closely monitor the entrance/exit gates of the Combat Center for security reasons. It seems like it should be fairly easy to track the husband's whereabouts on the base or at least determine whether he left the base anytime around the time she went missing. IDK There may be more to this story than we know.

I'm glad to see a search is in progress. It's such a brutal, hot desolate area. Scary situation but hoping for good news today

This story was on my local Los Angeles area news today. So happy to see it's finally hitting broader media.

Weather in Joshua Tree has a high of 100° today. 29Palms has a high of 106.

If she was truly that excited about her mom coming for a visit, I have a difficult time believing she'd voluntarily leave...unless there was something no one knew about. I'm not saying there was, just trying to make sense from the bits we have.
My two cents about visiting the park... NO WAY!!!! Unless you're clueless or inexperienced. We frequently hike at JTNP. We love it and go there so often that one of my sons is named after the park. It's way too hot this time of year, especially if you're pregnant. I just had my third child a few weeks ago. Despite really wanting to hike there, we stayed away my entire pregnancy. It's too hot, the ground is unlevel, and many of the trails follow washes. These are far from ideal conditions for a pregnant woman and I am a very experienced hiker. I can only see someone clueless about the conditions doing this, but not in this heat. Would her husband really be OK with this plan? Maybe they are both young and just not thinking clearly.

Her car was found a block off the base according to the first link.

It's already Wednesday afternoon, and she has been gone since early Saturday. If she was going anywhere else, wouldn't she have reached out to her husband by now? Has her mother come into town yet?

Prayers on top of prayers that Erin is OK. This one really gets to me.

I'm not sleuthing the husband but it is possible he was on duty or out on an exercise. (at least that's what I'm hoping!)

Was the car found locked? Were her keys or purse found in it? Was the vehicle in working order or did she leave it because it had broken down?

I can't imagine she'd be out looking for a place to hike. One article said she was looking for a future trip, would this be after the baby was born?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli