GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies about moving while a military spouse - have done it myself nine times.
Just can't see her doing it herself FOR THE FIRST TIME unless they, the Marines, have a system in place where someone meets the spouse at the airport, transports them on base, checks them into temporary housing, gives them the key to their house and brings them to the house on the day the shipment is scheduled to arrive, yadda, yadda, yadda.

When we moved overseas, and were attached to a small division, someone met us at the airport and drove us to our hotel. Then, we were on our own with advice in hand that had been mailed to us months earlier by a person (usually a couple) called a "sponsor". Later, we would fulfill the role of sponsor for somebody else. But we weren't responsible to find their housing, just to offer support. Good sponsors have you over for dinner, place a snack basket in your hotel room and offer to show you around town.

Hey Guys - the Marines didn't disappear Erin and I am sure they are working their tails off to find her. Please be respectful of the search groups, they work hard, often for free and because they are out there on the line, they are invested. We have a lot of members on this board that have family involved in the Military, SAR and LE. Yes, sometimes things don't happen as they should and that's discussable, but taking your frustrations out on these brave and committed folks, is not.

Thanks,

Salem

I was just looking at the newswire to see if there were any updates. I was absolutely taken by how adorable this young couple looks together! They both look like wonderful young people, and I salute our young marine! Boy oh boy I sure hope my instinct is right this time, and that this young gal just became horribly overwhelmed and has taken a "time out". She is so very young....

Dear Lord, please bring this young woman home safe!

No more talk about any boyfriend. Such talk is basically a way of blaming the victim for disappearing and that's not allowed here.

I don't have time now, but when I come back, I will be removing all that discussion.

:(

Salem

Just my opinion...her car was found exactly where she got out of it [modsnip] There's probably surveillance of her [modsnip]. Not in her car but someone else's. That's why they are searching there and not where her car was found. [modsnip]. She wasn't expected home until 4:00 because she was spending the day with that someone. (told hubby looking for places to take pics, running errands, shopping for when mom comes, etc...be home around 4).
[modsnip]

Just my :twocents:

It has been mentioned in MSM that Joshua Tree has cameras at the entrance.
It's possible LE saw the car enter and exist, but no view of the passenger(s). Maybe, when Erin's car was found, her seat was not in it normal position, as she is a tiny woman, leading LE to the conclusion that she did not drive her car back, and therefore is in Joshua Tree.

It's possible LE saw the car enter and exist, but no view of the passenger(s). Maybe, when Erin's car was found, her seat was not in it normal position, as she is a tiny woman, leading LE to the conclusion that she did not drive her car back, and therefore is in Joshua Tree.

I think they would have to have something more solid than the car seat to be searching targeted areas. Sounds like pings to me, jmo.

I don't think her car went any farther than where it was found.

It's got to be about phone pings/gps IMO. What else would give them specific areas to search?

Jmo I would be surprised if there is another man involved. I think Erin is possibly a random victim of a crime, which I almost never think. But I am a little stymied by the remarks from LE that were less than supportive of hubby, Imo.

OT

Omg, Clu! That Kitty in the pink tutu is sooo cute!!!!

Coming up on Nancy Grace in a few minutes, after they discuss little Cooper's case.

The search is still active, but has been scaled back since it began. Rescuers are now focusing on a few small areas in Joshua Tree and the Morongo Basin.

“There are investigative leads that we are following, there are plans to again do some more target specific searches, but at this point in time we are not exclusively searching in the desert area of the bases,” the Captain told KMIR.

http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/20...9-year-old-still-missing-after-10-day-search/

I think they are broadening the search today, so new leads may be coming in, or they were able to eliminate some areas. Who knows, it's just one big guessing game at this point {frustrated}.

I have seen, in my husband's military career, way younger spouses doing the same exact thing and getting it done. I wouldn't put too much money on that. She had waited for him during Japan and was finally getting a possible permanent change of station (PCS) that was command sponsored if house hold goods were approved (her mother says she received them so that says a lot). The military does not move household goods or approve family housing if there is not command sponsorship. The car could well be her husband's POV (car) which the military will store for any service member while they are deployed. Also not sure if she drove there herself or not. We have heard she got lost in airports but she may well have driven out there as well? I don't recall seeing anything that said she flew into the 29 area when she moved. She also could have done a DITY move for all we know (Do it yourself move).

BBM In the below article her mother states the following:

Heavilin remarked that when John was transferred to Twentynine Palms he was also immediately deployed so Corwin had to make the move on her own.

“She actually did very, very well with it,” she said, noting that her daughter flew out to California on her own and dealt with the movers and all the other details of the move on her own.

http://www.hidesertstar.com/the_desert_trail/news/article_213dd396-0605-11e4-a513-001a4bcf887a.html

Hinky Hinky Hinky Hinky

I don't believe it. They say to stay away from this park from June to August, being a first time mother I see no women going here being pregnant.
And to add to that hubby didn't report her missing until the next day. Pretty sure if I don't show up within hours my hubby would be calling my cell phone and when I didn't answer he'd be calling 911 especially being pregnant.

Hope I'm wrong on this one.

And I hardly see her going out there after having a miscarriage months before. One would think you would be extremely cautious about your pregnancy.

And I hardly see her going out there after having a miscarriage months before. One would think you would be extremely cautious about your pregnancy.

Her miscarriage could have been one not likely to repeat or one she was sure wouldn't repeat. It could have been an ectopic or a blighted ovum or something incompatible with life. If they knew the reason or even if they didn't, she was driving around a national park in a brand new car, not scaling everest without a sherpa.

Her miscarriage could have been one not likely to repeat or one she was sure wouldn't repeat. It could have been an ectopic or a blighted ovum or something incompatible with life. If they knew the reason or even if they didn't, she was driving around a national park in a brand new car, not scaling everest without a sherpa.

Your post got me to thinking....I thought I saw an interview (video) with Erin's mom and she said something to the effect that Erin wouldn't be getting out of the car at the park.
Well....if Erin isn't getting out of the car, then why did Erin leave so early? I understand beating the heat, that it is cooler earlier in the morning, but if she weren't even getting out of her vehicle, why not leave later in the morning?
IMOO.

ETA:
Here's the article and interview with Erin's mom:
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/07/08/foul-play-disappearance-marines-pregnant-wife

BBM In the below article her mother states the following:

Heavilin remarked that when John was transferred to Twentynine Palms he was also immediately deployed so Corwin had to make the move on her own.

“She actually did very, very well with it,” she said, noting that her daughter flew out to California on her own and dealt with the movers and all the other details of the move on her own.

http://www.hidesertstar.com/the_desert_trail/news/article_213dd396-0605-11e4-a513-001a4bcf887a.html

They fact that this was emphasized suggests to me that there was concern it would be too difficult for the young woman? (Aside from the obvious fact she is very, very young).
All speculation and opinion only.

In the car or not, it's still hot. If she planned on rolling down the windows for pics or popping out for a few shots, the heat would matter. Plus, maybe she's a morning person. Morning people don't understand night owls and night owls don't understand morning people. It's a mystery of life.

We've made it to 1000 posts! Unfortunately we don't know anymore than we did on post #1. Hoping and praying Erin is safe somewhere and there is resolution soon.

In the car or not, it's still hot. If she planned on rolling down the windows for pics or popping out for a few shots, the heat would matter. Plus, maybe she's a morning person. Morning people don't understand night owls and night owls don't understand morning people. It's a mystery of life.

I am a morning person, so I do understand that. It's just odd to me, considering I thought she left early because she was beating the heat, not thinking about her never getting out of the car. She probably had air conditioning, and yes, rolling down the windows, taking pics from her window, it could get pretty hot, but not as hot as her physically getting out of the vehicle to take pics. And how long would she be taking pics of one/several spot(s) through her window at one time? I bet not that long.It was an observation to me.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member