GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that NL is involved, however, I don't think she "pulled the trigger". I think she helped cover up after the fact. I will be so happy when we learn more facts about this case so we can stop guessing and trying to make sense out of nonsense.

ITA with everything you posted. Expanding with MOO.....I don't think it probable or likely that NL orchestrated the entire thing, lured Erin out, killed her, framed her husband and father of her daughter (and sole supporter of their family) and was so convincingly cunning to the point that LE believed CL is the one who murdered Erin....and then went bragging about it all (never finding the body, blah, blah) to whom some believe to be the town chatter box. I do believe she knew pretty quickly what had occurred and helped try and protect her husband and, more importantly, her family unit and the dreams she had for her future. MOO IMO MHO JMO....and all of that jazz.

CL's killing of EC was one more thing to get out of the way before he moved his family to Alaska. He was cleaning up all his loose ends and moving on. I really don't think there was anymore to it than that. He probably figured no one would be able to put him and Erin together that day. I have to wonder if he thought maybe that suspicion would fall on JC and the police would focus on JC and meanwhile, CL would have packed up his family and moved to Alaska.

I think that if EC's friend in TN didn't have those texts, CL might not have been under LE's spotlight quite as quickly. Her texts were used to get the search warrant for his house and vehicle once EC's vehicle was recovered. No texts - no search warrants - no having to go to the ranch to get the .22 which should have been home. Then LE wouldn't have spoken with IM who when talking to LE gave them more information about NL/CL and LE was there when NL/CL came back to the ranch.

MOO...of course!

And no doubt, had the text not lead LE to CL, JC would have been in the cross hairs. LE always looks at the spouse first in a case of a missing person. JC would definitely have been the patsy and CL went on his merry way to AK.

I agree. There's nothing that indicates she had any fear. That's basically what I was saying....maybe the excitement of the affair, the "fear" that comes from possibly getting caught (which plays a huge part in affairs)....it's purely speculation on my part, but I can understand if things weren't quite right that day with CL, she may have missed them.

Did I dig my hole deeper? LOL

I mostly agree. I think the only 'fear' she showed was that it was kind of odd how the texted her friend about how far away they were going, but that could be taken numerous ways. I wish we could see both sides of the conversation.

And no doubt, had the text not lead LE to CL, JC would have been in the cross hairs. LE always looks at the spouse first in a case of a missing person. JC would definitely have been the patsy and CL went on his merry way to AK.

But is CL smart enough to try to frame someone else?? That's where I get lost.

But is CL smart enough to try to frame someone else?? That's where I get lost.

I don't think he put a lot of thought into it other than they usually suspect the spouse in these types of cases. He didn't really put any work into framing him - he just assumed that is what would happen and I honestly believe that without Erin's friend in TN that LE would have spent the first few days/weeks looking at JC as the suspect - even with the affair or rumors of an affair having happened.

CL knew that he was moving to Alaska within a week or two and probably figured he would be long gone by the time they completely cleared JC and started looking elsewhere. Maybe he planned to go off the grid up in Alaska when they got back.

Who knows? I just don't think he did a lot of planning above killing her and hiding her body. I don't really think he thought of the after part.

I mostly agree. I think the only 'fear' she showed was that it was kind of odd how the texted her friend about how far away they were going, but that could be taken numerous ways. I wish we could see both sides of the conversation.

IMO I think CL underestimated a young woman's need to share the exciting things in her life with her closest girlfriend(s). Most young women text their friends a lot. And when I say a lot....I mean A LOT! I wouldn't be surprised if there was an entire timeline of her affair outlined in those text messages in the months leading up to her disappearance. I think Erin was merely communicating with her friend everything that CL had told her, not out of fear or concern but merely because her friend probably asked where he was taking her and Erin probably responded with the information CL had given her. MOO.

I think LE would have heard about the affair, first from JC, and had it confirmed by others. People tend to know these things and it did not sound like a well-kept secret. Erin's texts helped LE in learning that it was a current, as of that day-type of thing, but they would have found out, Imo.

I am still a bit surprised that Erin was telling her friend about the affair and possible fatherhood issue, just because so early into a marriage I would never have told anyone, would have been too embarrassed to admit that I have fallen into an affair practically right after marrying, moving etc. but it is a good thing she did. Just JMO.

Huh? Since when can we not state opinion or speculate per the rules?

I think I wasn't clear. My post was strictly in response to another post: " I was stating my own personal views about the affair and wondered if there is reliable evidence that should lead us to believe it actually continued."

Just my opinion here, but often, bolding sentences and phrases can seem like yelling, or a raised, impatient voice. It seems to be happening more frequently now.

I am confused as to why the affair is being questioned. Her husband admitted she had one earlier in the year and Erin seemed to be discussing it as a current event with her friend when she was murdered. Either it never ended or it resumed. But I can't really see any question about whether or not there was an affair, only as to if it really ended at all. Jmo

Bolding sentences/phrases is just a way to show others what part of the post we are referring to. Sometimes I will also bold a word of my own post to emphasize it, not to "yell" or act in an impatient way. I don't take anything BBM as yelling; I probably more than likely would take all capital letters as more of an indication of yelling or impatience. :)

Since not a lot will be happening for a while, I'm willing to answer questions about Search & Rescue if anyone is interested.

Hello, emt4526! Was wondering if you were very familiar with the Dale Mining District prior to Erin's search? I am amazed that I have lived 40+ years in California and had no clue about the hundreds of thousands of abandoned mines throughout the state (in my search I also discovered several abandoned mines around popular shopping centers and hiking trails in the city I live in. Blows my mind!) :tyou:

Just my opinion here, but often, bolding sentences and phrases can seem like yelling, or a raised, impatient voice. It seems to be happening more frequently now.

Sorry it's coming across that way. I only use it to point out/specify what I'm referring to and it's not intended as yelling or impatient. (only speaking for myself, of course)

Absolutely,.... I was stating my own personal views about the affair and wondered if there is reliable evidence that should lead us to believe it actually continued.

I see what you are getting at. IMO the combination of the texts, the neighbors who knew of the affair, NL's pinterest account and CL's movements (i.e. fibs) and tidbits of evidence after the fact paint a pretty compelling picture.

I don't know, these texts seem too important to the case in my opinion. And I guess I have to be the one to say it:
How do we know that Erin was the one who actually sent these texts?
What with the proliferation of SMS spoofing services like www.sendanonymoussms.com/ and www.spoofmytextmessage.com/ It would be so easy to fake the second affair, IMO, were someone so inclined. (Please note, I had my on when I went to these sites so I don't know what will come up on someone else's browser.) Without her phone I don't see how they can be sure enough about the truthfulness of the information in the texts. But that's just me. JMO.

I don't think the affair was being questioned, just the length/timing.

I am confused as to why the affair is being questioned. Her husband admitted she had one earlier in the year and Erin seemed to be discussing it as a current event with her friend when she was murdered. Either it never ended or it resumed. But I can't really see any question about whether or not there was an affair, only as to if it really ended at all. Jmo

The phone company would know if they came from her phone

I don't know, these texts seem too important to the case in my opinion. And I guess I have to be the one to say it:
How do we know that Erin was the one who actually sent these texts?
What with the proliferation of SMS spoofing services like www.sendanonymoussms.com/ and www.spoofmytextmessage.com/ It would be so easy to fake the second affair, IMO, were someone so inclined. (Please note, I had my on when I went to these sites so I don't know what will come up on someone else's browser.) Without her phone I don't see how they can be sure enough about the truthfulness of the information in the texts. But that's just me. JMO.

Perhaps. But if the friend didn't specifically ask, I think there was a bad feeling there...

IMO I think CL underestimated a young woman's need to share the exciting things in her life with her closest girlfriend(s). Most young women text their friends a lot. And when I say a lot....I mean A LOT! I wouldn't be surprised if there was an entire timeline of her affair outlined in those text messages in the months leading up to her disappearance. I think Erin was merely communicating with her friend everything that CL had told her, not out of fear or concern but merely because her friend probably asked where he was taking her and Erin probably responded with the information CL had given her. MOO.

Hello, emt4526! Was wondering if you were very familiar with the Dale Mining District prior to Erin's search? I am amazed that I have lived 40+ years in California and had no clue about the hundreds of thousands of abandoned mines throughout the state (in my search I also discovered several abandoned mines around popular shopping centers and hiking trails in the city I live in. Blows my mind!) :tyou:

I am familiar with the Dale District (and I agree with the previous posters that "Rose of Peru" is a mining claim, not a district proper). While I don't live exactly there, I have been exploring the area (including the underground mines) since the 1990s. There is a lot of history lying around in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver