GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is saying that she and/or CL have integrity and were honest with the cops, and as a result they got set up by the real killer. JMO.

http://www.pinterest.com/nmazing/pins/

I think I analyze this, analyze that way too much. I looked up 'integrity' and found the synonyms morality, honesty, sincerity, truthfulness, all to be my understanding of the word. However, the synonyms solidarity, unity, togetherness, all were a surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way trying to defend NL, I'm just trying to figure out where she stands.

And why hasn't she shown any compassion for her ex-friend who is dead, who was murdered, if she was framed, if her husband was framed???

I took it that she and her husband have integrity and that they were framed. By who? Erin??? She's the one who is dead. Who could have framed them, known about the affair, known Erin was pregnant and thought the baby might be CL's?

Sometimes I feel sorry for NL, other times, not so much. I'd feel a lot sorrier for her if she'd show some compassion towards Erin. IMO

Let's see If she follows your suggestion

I think she is throwing her husband under the bus, by pointedly making the post on his "board" different.
Whether that is deserved or not, too soon to tell.

I think she is implying that she and her husband are 'so full of integrity' that they were easy to set up, or be framed for murder. :facepalm:

If anyone was 'easy to set up' it was poor Erin, imo. Like a moth to a flame. :rose:

I think I analyze this, analyze that way too much. I looked up 'integrity' and found the synonyms morality, honesty, sincerity, truthfulness, all to be my understanding of the word. However, the synonyms solidarity, unity, togetherness, all were a surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way trying to defend NL, I'm just trying to figure out where she stands.[/QUOTE

It's referring to things such as structual integrity. Of buildings, cars, etc. Not human characteristics.

Honestly, we have no idea if she has felt compassion for EC. If I thought my husband and the father of my child killed someone, I have zero idea whether I would be able to say anything in public at all regarding the victim, let alone "show" compassion.

In fact, part of me thinks if she were actually guilty of helping and is really trying to manipulate people, she would have been intentionally posting "compassionate" things all along to mislead the public.

And why hasn't she shown any compassion for her ex-friend who is dead, who was murdered, if she was framed, if her husband was framed???

I took it that she and her husband have integrity and that they were framed. By who? Erin??? She's the one who is dead. Who could have framed them, known about the affair, known Erin was pregnant and thought the baby might be CL's?

Sometimes I feel sorry for NL, other times, not so much. I'd feel a lot sorrier for her if she'd show some compassion towards Erin. IMO

Can I speculate on someone who hasn't been named a POI?
What if--and this is kind of from left field--what if IM were actually the one who "helped" cover up the crime, and NL thinks that IM was trying to set her up? I am sure there are all sorts of holes here...but just thinking out loud. IM has been the strange wild card in all of this. I have a very hard time believing that she didn't either know or suspect SOMETHING, given her rapidly changing stories, the fact that she let them stay on her property even AFTER the search warrants, all of her statements where she seemed dismissive of LE's investigation....and, most importantly:
IM's lack of "compassion" for EC. I found this very, very strange. I can see NL having mixed emotions and being incredibly overwhelmed by all of this. But it blew my mind that there was never any statement at all from IM on the missing volunteer from her ranch. Why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way trying to defend NL, I'm just trying to figure out where she stands.

Excuse my response because I've made my stomping grounds over on the "Arias" trial threads and sidebar..........:juanettes:

Looks like a bunch of $20 words by someone with a $5 vocabulary......I'm waiting for "de-edify" to show up on one of her pins.

In another life, my ex-DH was arrested 2 different times for high level felonies. Nothing even close to her comments would have come out of my mouth. "Integrity" has nothing to do with "murder", and as far as I'm concerned, NL is knee deep in it.

Excuse my response because I've made my stomping grounds over on the "Arias" trial threads and sidebar..........:juanettes:

Looks like a bunch of $20 words by someone with a $5 vocabulary......I'm waiting for "de-edify" to show up on one of her pins.

In another life, my ex-DH was arrested 2 different times for high level felonies. Nothing even close to her comments would have come out of my mouth. "Integrity" has nothing to do with "murder", and as far as I'm concerned, NL is knee deep in it.

I giggled. :happydance:

What if--and this is kind of from left field--what if IM were actually the one who "helped" cover up the crime, and NL thinks that IM was trying to set her up? I am sure there are all sorts of holes here...but just thinking out loud. IM has been the strange wild card in all of this. I have a very hard time believing that she didn't either know or suspect SOMETHING, given her rapidly changing stories, the fact that she let them stay on her property even AFTER the search warrants, all of her statements where she seemed dismissive of LE's investigation....and, most importantly:
IM's lack of "compassion" for EC. I found this very, very strange. I can see NL having mixed emotions and being incredibly overwhelmed by all of this. But it blew my mind that there was never any statement at all from IM on the missing volunteer from her ranch. Why?

I agree. I find IM's lack of compassion towards Erin more interesting than Nichole's.
If this person was having an affair with my husband, they wouldn't be getting a whole heck of a lot of sentiment from me, regardless of the situation and circumstances. Heartless, maybe, but that's how I think I would feel if I were in NL's shoes (and not involved in the actual murder itself). I think it's wrong to feel this way, but I can see how NL would blame Erin for putting her little precious family through all of this. IMO It tends to be the common thinking in several cases I've followed. Poor poor me, the victim is the one who screwed up everything. KWIM?

She has had numerous opportunities to do so hasn't she? Her main concern seems to be letting the Lee's know she didn't really throw them under the bus. Those mean cops just keep picking on innocent people when the real bad guys are still out there:floorlaugh:

I think IM's "moral compass" is a bit wonky, she knew "after the fact", and has a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth. IM is one witness I am looking forward to watching if there is an upcoming trial, barring that no deal is struck.

I can't imagine that any deal will be struck. The evidence that has been released to the public alone is significant; I can only imagine what else they have. There is no incentive for the prosecution to strike a deal, IMO (other than a "deal" with NL to testify in exchange for immunity).

I think IM's "moral compass" is a bit wonky, she knew "after the fact", and has a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth. IM is one witness I am looking forward to watching if there is an upcoming trial, barring that no deal is struck.

I can't imagine that any deal will be struck. The evidence that has been released to the public alone is significant; I can only imagine what else they have. There is no incentive for the prosecution to strike a deal, IMO (other than a "deal" with NL to testify in exchange for immunity).

It all depends on the evidence and what CL is wiling to put his family through. He could always change his plea. The attorney fees are going to be astronomical unless CL and family are found indigent, and then they have to hope that his current attorney will be forced to defend the case pro bono by order of the Judge in the case.
And there's always the issue of possible "other" arrests. CL pleads out and incriminates other parties while doing so.

I don't know what she is trying to say. I guess it could be any of the things you listed. I do think that she is attempting to manipulate public opinion and that's JMO. I just want to continue to try and point out that we should be skeptical of anything she presents. I question her sincerity.

I wholeheartedly agree. I've looked at her account and there is one pin that stands out to me more than others specifically because of the day it was posted. It was before Erin went missing, but I believe it shows she knew about the affair and clearly thought she had the upper hand. I also believe she is not only reading here, but possibly posting as well. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a member long before this happened. Jmo

I personally don't think IM had anything to do with it. But I do think NL totally blames her for putting the "suspicion" on her.

This was not CL's one and only affair. And if Nichole believes that it was, than she is just as ignorant as her husband. MOO~
I know men like CL... my ex husband could convince me it was raining if I was laying out in the sun!

They are manipulators, pathological liars, charmers
They say things to make you feel special, and they prey on the most vulnerable (to feed their ego)

They say things like:
"I love you"
"I wish I could have met you first"
"You are the love of my life."
"you are my soul mate"
"I have never known anyone like you."
"We are perfect together"
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Erin believed everything this much older man was telling her.
Of course, he NEVER meant any of it. He was just manipulating her. He used her vulnerability for his own selfish wants and needs.

Erin was very young and naïve. She had only dated one man in her life. I'm sure she was very lonely, and she had no family around. CL was a older man, and he made sure to welcome and console her probably from the first day she moved in.

Everyone is capable of an affair. Whether you'll admit it or not, given the right circumstances or "the perfect storm."

I personally don't think NL had anything to do with before during or after what has happened.
This has been compared to the Heather Elvis case, I do not see Tammi Moorer in NL at all.
I think her husband lied to her before during after everything that was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member