GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What caused my initial interest in this case and the reasons I've stayed with it have changed. Initial interest was peaked because I had once lived there, and I couldn't imagine why ANY pregnant woman would go off into the desert alone for several hours in the summer heat. Alarm bells went off immediately.

Then, the affair. Erin was shy, adventuresome, athletic, loved shooting, an animal lover and a dog owner, loved photography and could play the piano. She was a very adept horsewoman who could fill her hours riding and caring for her horse and others needing care. She married her high school sweetheart and moved across country alone to set up their home in 29 Palms. She wanted children and was excited about being pregnant, She was making plans for her Mother's upcoming visit. She was 19. She was having an affair with a man who was known to be devoted to his family. He also married a high school sweetheart and became a father to a little girl. He served his country in the Marine Corps and was preparing for the end of that service by making plans to return to his home state with his family. He wanted to return to school so that he could make a better life for his family. He was an adept horseman who could fill his free hours riding and helping out on a horse rescue ranch. He liked Jeeps, riding in the dune buggy, and shooting.

How did the combination of these two personalities and the events in their lives lead to the loss of the life of one of them and the possible sentence of death or life imprisonment of the other?

Even though there has been an arrest, there are really no answers. Why did this happen? How did it happen? Who was involved? How did it go this far?

Jmo you answered your own question...CL wanted his life to stay the same, on the track he planned. No affair was going to derail it. Jmo

I have a question for everyone (during this slow time):

Why are you following THIS case? What is it about it that you are drawn to?

For me, a couple things, and this applies to most any case here. Years ago, my SO was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head. A long investigation followed (fortunately I was cleared immediately, as the police woke me up at our home to tell me). I have empathy for the families left behind who NEED answers/closure and I have a soft spot in my heart for the victim too. I know how emotionally draining the investigation is, how hard the waiting is, how anxiety provoking the court system can be, and how it always seems LE is never doing enough...ever. So, being able to relate to all phases of these investigations is what keeps me invested. If I can just help in one minute detail of one case to bring a family closure. There are a couple cases I have been extremely invested in however, and Erin's is one of those few. I think it's because she exuded such innocence and purity. That makes me want justice for her. And all the layers of this case makes it a great one for a collective group of us to investigate all angles and bounce ideas off each other. This one has really stuck with me.

You know, every thread has it's own collective community tone and voice. I have found this thread to be especially respectful of the victim, and non-judgemental; focused on the mission. What a wonderful thread of WSers!
God bless!

You know, every thread has it's own collective community tone and voice. I have found this thread to be especially respectful of the victim, and non-judgemental; focused on the mission. What a wonderful thread of WSers!
God bless!

Rosefromangels i agree with you. This is my first experience with WS. I originally joined because as family we had decided to keep an eye on sites that are discussing the case. We wanted to make sure nothing that would compromise the investigation was being discussed. I want to thank you for your compassion and respect for our sweet naive girl.

Rosefromangels i agree with you. This is my first experience with WS. I originally joined because as family we had decided to keep an eye on sites that are discussing the case. We wanted to make sure nothing that would compromise the investigation was being discussed. I want to thank you for your compassion and respect for our sweet naive girl.

Has there been anything on WS that you, as family, have been unhappy or dissatisfied with?

Has there been anything on WS that you, as family, have been unhappy or dissatisfied with?

I haven't seen anything that concerned me about compromising the investigation.

I was referring to anything in general but thank you for answering. :)

There have a been a few things that have been discussed that have kind of made me think ouch that hurt. Then I know that this is being discussed trying to put the pieces of the puzzle with just the info that you have been given via MSM. You don't know the family dynamics. Nor do you know who EC and JC really are. As I certainly don't know who CL or NL really are.

This is tremendously meaningful to all of us who gather here to help in any way we can, if only to lend support and prayer. God bless your family.

It is hard sometimes trying to get to the truth, to figure out what happened to our victim without having to go down some avenues that are touchy. Most of us try to keep it real, but as you say, we don't know the victims and their families and we can only guess at the dynamic some times. By their actions, we try to figure out what happened. Sometimes we are way off, and sometimes I think we are closer then we think. I've come to the conclusion a long time ago that us collectively pretty much have come up with the facts and truth in the case, we just don't always know who and we don't always know what. Does that make sense?

I just want to say that before this case, I was a member but didn't follow many cases extensively unless they were local to me. Erin's I latched into because of the lack of information released in the beginning. Erin's thread, the tone, the genius, the perseverance of everyone posting here even with so little to go off of in the beginning amazed me. I wish all threads were as respectful and full of informed discussion as this one is. I feel some of the smartest sleuthers have been here, made me rethink everything, or brought new ideas to the table. Erin sure deserved the countless hours that were spent by LE and searchers looking for her. And as I have said before, if I were a victim, I would want the WSers from Erin's thread on the case!

I just want to say that before this case, I was a member but didn't follow many cases extensively unless they were local to me. Erin's I latched into because of the lack of information released in the beginning. Erin's thread, the tone, the genius, the perseverance of everyone posting here even with so little to go off of in the beginning amazed me. I wish all threads were as respectful and full of informed discussion as this one is. I feel some of the smartest sleuthers have been here, made me rethink everything, or brought new ideas to the table. Erin sure deserved the countless hours that were spent by LE and searchers looking for her. And as I have said before, if I were a victim, I would want the WSers from Erin's thread on the case!

I agree.....there are some very sharp people on this thread, and I'm amazed at their abilities to locate information so quickly. I've been a member for quite awhile, but this is the first time I have participated. (Everyone that has posted here has raised the bar for me continually.)

I lost my best friend to murder years ago and would have been so grateful to have had all of the participants here discuss her case. Sadly, it was at a time where information was only gathered through the local newspaper and the trial of her murderer.

OT, there is a crime show on now about an extramarital affair resulting in murder. The mistress became pregnant and expected the man to leave his family, as he sometimes said he would eventually. But he had no intention of doing that. In this case, however, the mistress does not place the blame on the man for deceiving her, but the wife instead. She found someone to kill the wife for a mere $500. Seems there is nothing people won't do to try to get their way. Jmo

In regards to moonbeam's post regarding our interest in this case:

I follow several cases here on WS but when I told my husband about this one, he too became interested as he spent 3 years in 29 Palms in the Marine Corps in the early 80s (prior to our relationship) and now he's interested and does follow the other cases now that I follow as well. We are both interested in also trying to help and see that justice is served for Erin.

And my husband feels the conduct of CL and what he is accussed of in this case is a disgrace to the United States Marine Corps and to every Marine who has ever served in the Marine Corps and received an Honorable Discharge and those that are currently serving our country.

Once a Marine, always a Marine. Semper Fi.

Have you considered becoming a verified insider for Erin's case?

I would be curious to know if we are way off track (or right on)?

I would be curious to know if we are way off track (or right on)?

I'm sure to maintain the integrity of the case, and not to jeopardize a conviction, the family member would not be able to share those thoughts. JMO.
However, it's very, very wonderful to know that we are doing good here when we hear from a family member like this. If we are providing a place of care and comfort that shows there are people in this world that care....we've done good. In addition to sleuthing! : )

In regards to moonbeam's post regarding our interest in this case:

I follow several cases here on WS but when I told my husband about this one, he too became interested as he spent 3 years in 29 Palms in the Marine Corps in the early 80s (prior to our relationship) and now he's interested and does follow the other cases now that I follow as well. We are both interested in also trying to help and see that justice is served for Erin.

And my husband feels the conduct of CL and what he is accussed of in this case is a disgrace to the United States Marine Corps and to every Marine who has ever served in the Marine Corps and received an Honorable Discharge and those that are currently serving our country.

Once a Marine, always a Marine. Semper Fi.
And that's why I think they should review his service and change his discharge to dishonorable. It's an insult to all the brave men and women who served with loyalty and valor. He is an embarrassment to the United States Marine Corps and shouldn't have any good standing. He had an affair, which is against the code of the Marine Corps. He murdered his pregnant girlfriend which is also against the code of the Marine Corps. To me it's insulting.

And that's why I think they should review his service and change his discharge to dishonorable. It's an insult to all the brave men and women who served with loyalty and valor. He is an embarrassment to the United States Marine Corps and shouldn't have any good standing. He had an affair, which is against the code of the Marine Corps. He murdered his pregnant girlfriend which is also against the code of the Marine Corps. To me it's insulting.

Agree Seajay. Fear not, the Marines will have their day. He's an insult to the human race as well. My opinion only, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89