GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What caused my initial interest in this case and the reasons I've stayed with it have changed. Initial interest was peaked because I had once lived there, and I couldn't imagine why ANY pregnant woman would go off into the desert alone for several hours in the summer heat. Alarm bells went off immediately.

Then, the affair. Erin was shy, adventuresome, athletic, loved shooting, an animal lover and a dog owner, loved photography and could play the piano. She was a very adept horsewoman who could fill her hours riding and caring for her horse and others needing care. She married her high school sweetheart and moved across country alone to set up their home in 29 Palms. She wanted children and was excited about being pregnant, She was making plans for her Mother's upcoming visit. She was 19. She was having an affair with a man who was known to be devoted to his family. He also married a high school sweetheart and became a father to a little girl. He served his country in the Marine Corps and was preparing for the end of that service by making plans to return to his home state with his family. He wanted to return to school so that he could make a better life for his family. He was an adept horseman who could fill his free hours riding and helping out on a horse rescue ranch. He liked Jeeps, riding in the dune buggy, and shooting.

How did the combination of these two personalities and the events in their lives lead to the loss of the life of one of them and the possible sentence of death or life imprisonment of the other?

Even though there has been an arrest, there are really no answers. Why did this happen? How did it happen? Who was involved? How did it go this far?

And that's one thing that's NEVER bothered me about this case. There is NOTHING unsafe about driving through JTNP. Or nothing more unsafe than driving anywhere else in the area. The roads are paved. The pullouts are maintained. I saw nothing wrong with her driving up there, parking at a look out or point of interest, getting out of her car to look at the view, then getting back in to drive to the next spot. People have the wrong idea of what JTNP, IMO. It's no different that any other national park. I never thought, from the reporting, that she was going hiking in the wilderness area or even on any of the many maintained trails. I always got the impression from what was being reported she was driving up there to LOOK.

And that's one thing that's NEVER bothered me about this case. There is NOTHING unsafe about driving through JTNP. Or nothing more unsafe than driving anywhere else in the area. The roads are paved. The pullouts are maintained. I saw nothing wrong with her driving up there, parking at a look out or point of interest, getting out of her car to look at the view, then getting back in to drive to the next spot. People have the wrong idea of what JTNP, IMO. It's no different that any other national park. I never thought, from the reporting, that she was going hiking in the wilderness area or even on any of the many maintained trails. I always got the impression from what was being reported she was driving up there to LOOK.

It was the time factor for me. Lots of hours for something to go wrong. If the reports had said the early morning hours, I wouldn't have raised an eyebrow. Moonbeams, is there a lot of traffic there now? When we explored JTNP, which was quite often, we wouldn't see another vehicle. Anyway, that's what brought my attention to the case.....because I remembered what it was like then, and I remembered the heat.

FWIW this is how I took it as well. Later reports had her doing anything from camping to hiking to picnicking, but the one that made the most sense to me was her looking for scenic spots to take photos. I also thought that was why she went so early - because yes, it gets way too hot there later in the day, but it was so early when she left it made sense to me that she'd go at that time if she was going to go to JTNP in the summer.

Of course we know now it didn't go as planned, but I'm with you on that being one of the few parts of this story that never really bothered me.

Has it been confined that CL knew about the baby/pregnancy?

I'm sure to maintain the integrity of the case, and not to jeopardize a conviction, the family member would not be able to share those thoughts. JMO.
However, it's very, very wonderful to know that we are doing good here when we hear from a family member like this. If we are providing a place of care and comfort that shows there are people in this world that care....we've done good. In addition to sleuthing! : )

I'm not suggesting that information be disclosed that could jeopardize the investigation. I'm suggesting if truthbeknown can verify certain info as fact then we can explore the correct paths.

I'm not suggesting that information be disclosed that could jeopardize the investigation. I'm suggesting if truthbeknown can verify certain info as fact then we can explore the correct paths.

Makes sense, but not sure anyone can do that prior to trial or it would taint the jury? Someone with a legal or LE background might be able to help us on this one....

It is my guess that the autopsy might reveal injury inflicted upon her body that might strongly suggest he did know.

I have to add my :twocents: about this particular case here on WS:

This is a virtual "think tank". Anytime you get a group of peeps together, the biggest factor is "playing well with others". Then comes the ability to express yourself in "type" without the recipients being able to use the visual cues we take into consideration when we talk "face to face".
We all bring different experiences and knowledge into the mix.

I was a mod and co-owner of several Yahoo groups, and later Facebook, from the early 2000's (livestock/poultry/animal related). Some groups ran fantastically, they were an "extended family" of sorts, and was great to be a part of. Others were a PITA, with some posts ALWAYS having to be approved by a mod before they were posted, time outs, and bans. Seriously, I don't envy the WS mods, they have a really tough job with some of these threads!

With that being said, I really enjoy the peeps and the general tone of this particular "think tank". I enjoy flexing my brain, learning new things, and being part of putting a "puzzle" together. And, hopefully, I contribute in some way.

It's all good! Think I'll be hanging around for this case to come to trial....lots of unanswered questions that only LE and a trial can give us, and I'm still wondering if there's going to be any other arrests.:thinking:

You know, every thread has it's own collective community tone and voice. I have found this thread to be especially respectful of the victim, and non-judgemental; focused on the mission. What a wonderful thread of WSers!
God bless!

:goodpost: I just went over to another thread that interested me and .... :hot:...... the vibes over there, not sure I'll be continuing after my first post iykwim

I don't know if it has been proven, but if it was discussed at the neighborhood gathering the night before, some neighbors might be able to testify that he heard.

He had to have, if EC texted her friend about what CL thought the repercussions would be, ie, not being able to see his daughter, divorce, and CL taking EC out to "celebrate" her pregnancy, one would assume............but, might she NOT have told him until that Saturday? "Surprise, CL, guess what?" Maybe EC's friend knew more than anyone else?
But that would have made this a "crime of passion", not "laying in wait". I could wrap my head around a gut wrenching, "going to rock your world", surprise, heated exchange, and uncontrolled violence.
The web searches, and the questions about disposing of a body before the disappearance, and the comments AFTER EC disappeared, don't make that scenario plausible.

http://www.whiterockhorserescueca.org/2014/01/tractor-supply-grand-opening-event-on.html#more

I'm not sure why IM said EC didn't work at TSC because EC was the one that recommended the rescue be invited to the grand opening

It seems to me that IM was trying to discredit Erin, or make her look bad. Because IM not only said Erin was supposed to start at TSC, but didn't; but IM also said that bit about how none of the family checked on or inquired about the horse, even though Erin had already told IM she couldn't take the horse. So that begs the question: why did IM want to make Erin look bad? All of this is MOO.

Is anyone with me in thinking that IM is very scatterbrained? I am so on the fence with her and could fall either way. Is she completely innocent, just overwhelmed, or did she know more? :fence:

It seems to me that IM was trying to discredit Erin, or make her look bad. Because IM not only said Erin was supposed to start at TSC, but didn't; but IM also said that bit about how none of the family checked on or inquired about the horse, even though Erin had already told IM she couldn't take the horse. So that begs the question: why did IM want to make Erin look bad? All of this is MOO.

Well she may have gotten an earful about Erin from NL.

Well she may have gotten an earful about Erin from NL.

That's a good point!

Is anyone with me in thinking that IM is very scatterbrained? I am so on the fence with her and could fall either way. Is she completely innocent, just overwhelmed, or did she know more? :fence:

I do think she is somewhat scatter-brained, I am not buying it hook-line-sinker that she's totally off her rocker. What I think is that she was close to NL and CL and felt motherly or protective of them. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somnus