GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started following, and have stuck with the case because I respect those who serve our country. That, and I thought Jon and Erin were a precious looking couple. So young.....
God bless; makes my heart ache and the angels cry....

I have stuck with this case because I can not figure out the one simple question.If EC had convinced her husband that this was his kid why did CL murder her.He was off the hook.I never bought into the idea he was afraid it might come back to haunt him months or years down the road.Someone who thinks like that would be more worried about a murder cumming back to haunt him.For some reason it dawned on me today how do we know EC ever told CL what she had told her husband.EC could have been telling CL anything.

I have stuck with this case because I can not figure out the one simple question.If EC had convinced her husband that this was his kid why did CL murder her.He was off the hook.I never bought into the idea he was afraid it might come back to haunt him months or years down the road.Someone who thinks like that would be more worried about a murder cumming back to haunt him.For some reason it dawned on me today how do we know EC ever told CL what she had told her husband.EC could have been telling CL anything.

Sounds like Erin told CL the baby was likely his, if they were "celebrating", as odd as that (celebrating) seems to me. I don't know if we know for sure what JC really thought or knew about the pending baby; since he says he thought the affair had been over for months, he probably had no reason to question the paternity, until maybe after he knew she had gone to be with CL that day. It kind of sounds to me as though both men believed they were the father and that Erin was hoping for CL to want to be with her. Maybe she knew (or felt she knew) it was CL's baby. Jmo

Didn't she tell her friend in TN that she thought the baby was CL's? And that was why they were going to go out hunting that day to celebrate the pregnancy?

She may have told both of those men they were the father. She apparently told JC on Father's Day, and sometime after that and before June 28th she told CL as well. Why? I have no idea. It just seems to me she was looking for something from someone.

Who knows if the relationship between EC and CL was love or lust. Who knows if he made certain promises to her or not. Once again, maybe she made threats to CL if she didn't feel she was getting what she wanted from him.

I guess for me now, that's why I'm still hanging around, because I want answers to this case.

Like what was the method of death?
How far along was she?
Whose baby was it?
What was her relationship with CL? With JC?
What did she believe was going to happen with her relationship with CL once he left for AK?
Was that darn red car really a part of this crime?
Was NL involved in any way?
Was she alive when she went down that mine shaft?

I got more but I'm tired and it's late.

Sounds like Erin told CL the baby was likely his, if they were "celebrating", as odd as that (celebrating) seems to me. I don't know if we know for sure what JC really thought or knew about the pending baby; since he says he thought the affair had been over for months, he probably had no reason to question the paternity, until maybe after he knew she had gone to be with CL that day. It kind of sounds to me as though both men believed they were the father and that Erin was hoping for CL to want to be with her. Maybe she knew (or felt she knew) it was CL's baby. Jmo
I just figured that EC and CL would have talked on how they were going to handle this if the baby was his and she would have told him she told JC he was the father problem solved.But as you said if EC wanted to be with JC.Then there is a good chance she did not give him that easy out.

Moonbeams, I am following it to conduct psychological profiles. I want to expand the field of profiling from "use it to identify the killer" to use it to explore not only "who did it" but "how did things get here" and "what part did various parties play and why."

Here is an interesting article that goes more in depth about the mine where Erin's remains were found. This Search and Rescue team are amazing!

The mine descended as a deep vertical shaft that sloped slowly to one side, making it impossible to simply lower a camera in from the top. Instead, the team lowered one of its searchers on a rope and, as he dangled partway down the shaft, he lowered a camera and a powerful light to the bottom.

Ultimately, two cameras and three rescuers went into the mine. Each rescuer wore a mask to protect themselves from "bad air" at the bottom of the mine, but the cave team couldn't be sure the mask would be enough.

"It was scary, because the air was questionable," Lawrence said. "But because of the shape of the bottom, we couldn't put a camera all the way down. A person had to go down, and ultimately had to get close enough to see Erin to make the call. … The third person down was only (a few feet) from Erin and could make a positive identification that it was a body."

http://www.airforcetimes.com/articl...ave-team-Erin-Corwin-found-unmapped-gold-mine

IM reminds me of Cindy Anthony. You know, the way Cindy made excuses for EVERYTHING Casey did. At least in that case it was the mother doing so. I wonder what IM's excuse is. She ought to know by now that she should speak only if she can improve upon silence. :notgood:

I personally just think that IM is not all there mentally, maybe forgetful/mixed up due to medical issues or something. She reminds me of myself lately. She had to do some huge back pedaling after her information became public because that put her in harms way technically. Still very telling she doesn't or didn't give a crap about Erin though. Not once even mentioned the missing or any word of Erin on her FB page nor her horse ranch website either. I think Erin was giving up her horse for financial reasons and other reasons once she found out she was pregnant so she could save that money for her child.

I also seriously do not think Erin was "three months" pregnant, nor close, but hopefully she was to get the second murder charged. I just can't see her being so close to her mother and hiding that exciting information from her mom for that long. I remember her sister had stated on Locate Erin page she was 2 weeks when she found out, which would have put her at 4 I guess, but that is awfully early to find out. Typically if someone tests within a day or two of being late, they would be about 4 weeks but that is also someone with a VERY regular cycle too.

Didn't she tell her friend in TN that she thought the baby was CL's? And that was why they were going to go out hunting that day to celebrate the pregnancy?

She may have told both of those men they were the father. She apparently told JC on Father's Day, and sometime after that and before June 28th she told CL as well. Why? I have no idea. It just seems to me she was looking for something from someone.

Who knows if the relationship between EC and CL was love or lust. Who knows if he made certain promises to her or not. Once again, maybe she made threats to CL if she didn't feel she was getting what she wanted from him.

I guess for me now, that's why I'm still hanging around, because I want answers to this case.

Like what was the method of death?
How far along was she?
Whose baby was it?
What was her relationship with CL? With JC?
What did she believe was going to happen with her relationship with CL once he left for AK?
Was that darn red car really a part of this crime?
Was NL involved in any way?
Was she alive when she went down that mine shaft?

I got more but I'm tired and it's late.

BBM: I actually got a lump in my throat reading that. Gosh, I can't even imagine.

And... I agree 100% with the rest of your post and am following along for all the same reasons.

Moonbeams, I am following it to conduct psychological profiles. I want to expand the field of profiling from "use it to identify the killer" to use it to explore not only "who did it" but "how did things get here" and "what part did various parties play and why."

For a minute I thought you were saying you want to conduct psychological profiles of WS posters. Now that's a scary thought. :hills:

I just figured that EC and CL would have talked on how they were going to handle this if the baby was his and she would have told him she told JC he was the father problem solved.But as you said if EC wanted to be with JC.Then there is a good chance she did not give him that easy out.

Did you mean she wanted to be with CL, in your last sentence? That is what I think she wanted.

I personally just think that IM is not all there mentally, maybe forgetful/mixed up due to medical issues or something. She reminds me of myself lately. She had to do some huge back pedaling after her information became public because that put her in harms way technically. Still very telling she doesn't or didn't give a crap about Erin though. Not once even mentioned the missing or any word of Erin on her FB page nor her horse ranch website either. I think Erin was giving up her horse for financial reasons and other reasons once she found out she was pregnant so she could save that money for her child.

I also seriously do not think Erin was "three months" pregnant, nor close, but hopefully she was to get the second murder charged. I just can't see her being so close to her mother and hiding that exciting information from her mom for that long. I remember her sister had stated on Locate Erin page she was 2 weeks when she found out, which would have put her at 4 I guess, but that is awfully early to find out. Typically if someone tests within a day or two of being late, they would be about 4 weeks but that is also someone with a VERY regular cycle too.

Telling her mom might be more difficult if she knew there was a good chance the baby was not her husband's though.

I have a question for everyone (during this slow time):

Why are you following THIS case? What is it about it that you are drawn to?

Missing person in a desert area.....and the "why" when it became a homicide. What was the motive.

We keep hearing "Tractor Supply", and I finally caught the page on the WWR site about them participating in the "Grand Opening" on February 15, 2014. http://www.whiterockhorserescueca.org/2014/01/tractor-supply-grand-opening-event-on.html#more

We're pleased to be participating in the grand opening event for Tractor Supply on February 15, 2014. The new Tractor Supply store in Yucca Valley, CA will be opening soon, and we've been invited to have a booth at the event.

With that and the horse peeps from the 29 Palms base, IM knows probably a lot more than she's let on. Just an observation and "connect the dots" going on in my head.

I'm following quite a few cases, but this particular one interests me for several reasons. One, I am familiar with the 29 Palms area as I have family there (my last visit was in April). I am a military spouse as well and feel a bit of a connection to both JC and EC. A part of me understands some of the things Erin was probably feeling and going through yet another part of me is angry at her for falling in the arms of another man because of loneliness, etc. It makes me want to scream, "We've all experienced it! Put your big girl pants on and support your husband by being faithful! Yeah have kids, it'll make it less stressful!" (Yeah, I said it :ohwow: ) Also, at first there were so few details given and lots of speculation but now there have been quite a few details released from LE (well compared to most cases) and I think we will soon see this case written out like a novel and all our pondering questions will be answered.
And as crazy as it seems, it's been a joke in our family for years that if you need to hide a body, take a drive out to [family members name]'s house, so when I saw the original post my first thought was holy crap they'll never find her out there. Glad I was wrong.

For a minute I thought you were saying you want to conduct psychological profiles of WS posters. Now that's a scary thought. :hills:

I thought the same thing....had to reread it. Lol

EC reminds me of past mistakes....and hits close to home emotionally. And this reminds me to never let myself go back to that point of emotional desperation again....because of all the things that could happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here is an interesting article that goes more in depth about the mine where Erin's remains were found. This Search and Rescue team are amazing!

The mine descended as a deep vertical shaft that sloped slowly to one side, making it impossible to simply lower a camera in from the top. Instead, the team lowered one of its searchers on a rope and, as he dangled partway down the shaft, he lowered a camera and a powerful light to the bottom.

Ultimately, two cameras and three rescuers went into the mine. Each rescuer wore a mask to protect themselves from "bad air" at the bottom of the mine, but the cave team couldn't be sure the mask would be enough.

"It was scary, because the air was questionable," Lawrence said. "But because of the shape of the bottom, we couldn't put a camera all the way down. A person had to go down, and ultimately had to get close enough to see Erin to make the call. … The third person down was only (a few feet) from Erin and could make a positive identification that it was a body."

http://www.airforcetimes.com/articl...ave-team-Erin-Corwin-found-unmapped-gold-mine

FYI, it's the same article as the Desert Sun piece. That's the best account so far of what we did.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news.../26/erin-corwin-cave-team-gold-mine/14626257/

What caused my initial interest in this case and the reasons I've stayed with it have changed. Initial interest was peaked because I had once lived there, and I couldn't imagine why ANY pregnant woman would go off into the desert alone for several hours in the summer heat. Alarm bells went off immediately.

Then, the affair. Erin was shy, adventuresome, athletic, loved shooting, an animal lover and a dog owner, loved photography and could play the piano. She was a very adept horsewoman who could fill her hours riding and caring for her horse and others needing care. She married her high school sweetheart and moved across country alone to set up their home in 29 Palms. She wanted children and was excited about being pregnant, She was making plans for her Mother's upcoming visit. She was 19. She was having an affair with a man who was known to be devoted to his family. He also married a high school sweetheart and became a father to a little girl. He served his country in the Marine Corps and was preparing for the end of that service by making plans to return to his home state with his family. He wanted to return to school so that he could make a better life for his family. He was an adept horseman who could fill his free hours riding and helping out on a horse rescue ranch. He liked Jeeps, riding in the dune buggy, and shooting.

How did the combination of these two personalities and the events in their lives lead to the loss of the life of one of them and the possible sentence of death or life imprisonment of the other?

Even though there has been an arrest, there are really no answers. Why did this happen? How did it happen? Who was involved? How did it go this far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves