GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really don't believe so. The main reason for the affair was that Jon wasn't there for emotional support AFTER the miscarriage and CL was. I truly don't doubt that first baby was 1000 % JC's. MOO

IMO Erin fell into the affair over emotional needs that only became needs upon that huge loss.

Where is it stated that the reason Erin had the affair was that Jon wasn't there for emotional support?
Is there a link, or is that a rumor (which could be true, but none-the-less a rumor.)
IMOO.

Where is it stated that the reason Erin had the affair was that Jon wasn't there for emotional support?
Is there a link, or is that a rumor (which could be true, but none-the-less a rumor.)
IMOO.

I said this is my own opinion. Same as others post their opinions. I even specified it was my own opinion twice by saying IMO and MOO.

I think that there actually was a link about this at one point, with a friend of someone's mentioning something like this. But I have no idea where.

I said this is my own opinion. Same as others post their opinions. I even specified it was my own opinion twice by saying IMO and MOO.

A busted ceramic donkey gets a pic and a story, but Erin gets absolutely no acknowledgement on WRH's site. That's just strange.

IM is cold IMO, I mean who says, haven't heard anything from family, they haven't been out to see E's horse (not exact words but close enough).

Seriously, they have a loved one missing and IM is talking about the horse having visitors. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Why didn't IM try to contact Jon or family members? order food, SOMETHING!!! She knew Erin from Oct to June. No excuse in my book. And if she had I am pretty sure she would have told us in the interviews...

Better stop, don't want a time out..Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I know I wonder what led her into an affair with CL. I never knew Erin personally, but she just doesn't strike me as the kind to just blatantly cheat. I believe something compelled her to go against what was likely a deeply held belief--that cheating is wrong. I do not know what it was. Maybe it was a combination of things. This is all only my opinion.

Lots of good points today. I was considering that if CL thought the first baby was his, that he might have caused her to lose it. He could also have caused her to lose the baby if it wasn't his, if they were together at that time. I know most of us think the affair began because JC wasn't nice enough after the miscarriage, but does that really go with what we know about his personality?

Lots of good points today. I was considering that if CL thought the first baby was his, that he might have caused her to lose it. He could also have caused her to lose the baby if it wasn't his, if they were together at that time. I know most of us think the affair began because JC wasn't nice enough after the miscarriage, but does that really go with what we know about his personality?
Completely MOO but that's not my thoughts at all. I don't think JC's actions after the miscarriage had anything to do with it. Granted I don't know these people, and so this is solely based on the little bit we do know, but I see JC as being attentive and supportive. I think the fact that Erin was young, naive, had probably only seriously dated JC, and was probably getting a lot of flirtatious attention from CL played a much bigger role in why the affair began. But I might be the minority on that one. Just my opinion.

" But by February, Megli says she’d noticed the couples’ friendship had cooled. “I would say to Nichole, ‘Where’s Erin?’ and Nichole would say, ‘I don’t know,’” she says. “She never said a word.” "
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/art...Marine-wife-Erin-Corwin-cover-People-Magazine

Erin announced her first pregnancy in January, and miscarried in February.The relationships had cooled in February. Why?
I wonder if the affair started in 2013?

From the same link:
"When the Corwins moved to base last fall, they became “chummy” with Christopher Lee and his wife Nichole, who lived next door "(snipped by me).

A conclusion I can come up with is that perhaps CL thought the first baby was his. And thought that the second baby was his as well.
She lost both. And in the end she lost her life as well.

Also, Erin wanted a baby.
Perhaps because Erin was adopted, maybe, hypothetically, the father wasn't the "key". Perhaps just being pregnant and having a baby and giving "life" to that child, a wonderful
life is what could have mattered to Erin. She was celebrating the baby with CL on that fateful day.JC found out that Erin was pregnant on Father's Day, due to a migraine, as per our verified poster
on the thread.
Maybe it could be as simple as that. Giving life. Giving birth. Being a wonderful parent.
If the second pregnancy was CL's, maybe he was afraid that if she and JC split up that he would have to pay child support.
If the baby did not favor Erin or JC, well, Erin was adopted, so possibly it could be said that the baby looks like someone from her lineage that she never met, even if the possible truth
could be CL's lineage.
I personally don't think that the affair started because JC wasn't "nice enough" after the miscarriage.
Perhaps, pregnancy and a baby and giving life and loving her baby is what she wanted.
Who is to say?
JC would know some of what she felt. Would he have known all of what she felt?
We can give our personal insight on what we "perceive" Erin to be, and what we perceive JC and the Lee's to be.
Above all, may Justice be served. Erin deserves Justice.
In My Opinion Only.

Completely MOO but that's not my thoughts at all. I don't think JC's actions after the miscarriage had anything to do with it. Granted I don't know these people, and so this is solely based on the little bit we do know, but I see JC as being attentive and supportive. I think the fact that Erin was young, naive, had probably only seriously dated JC, and was probably getting a lot of flirtatious attention from CL played a much bigger role in why the affair began. But I might be the minority on that one. Just my opinion.

I agree. I see JC as being attentive and supportive.
IMOO.

I agree. I see JC as being attentive and supportive.
IMOO.

Maybe it's not that Jon wasn't nice, but just not there? It's been said he had to go away quite a bit. Do we know if he was deployed within the time frame that the miscarriage happened?

Also, people grieve differently. My brother is a very kind and loving person. But when my sister-in-law miscarried their first child, his way of grieving was to withdraw into his work. It didn't mean he didn't care or that he wasn't hurting. That was just how he handled it. But it hurt my SIL a lot! They had to work to repair their marriage after that. Now 10+ years later, they are happy and have two beautiful children. But for a while, I wasn't sure the marriage was going to survive. My SIL was truly upset at what she perceived as my brother's lack of grieving over the loss of the child.

Maybe Jon's way of grieving didn't meet Erin's current (at that time) emotional needs. That doesn't make him a bad person, or mean, or uncaring.

ALL MOO

Jon could have been there for Erin in every way possible and Erin could have still felt lonely and unhappy. It's so hard to rationalize feelings. And, never underestimate the power of loneliness. It can make good and decent people (like Erin) do what they normally would not even dream of doing...in this case, having an affair.

IM is cold IMO, I mean who says, haven't heard anything from family, they haven't been out to see E's horse (not exact words but close enough).

Seriously, they have a loved one missing and IM is talking about the horse having visitors. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Why didn't IM try to contact Jon or family members? order food, SOMETHING!!! She knew Erin from Oct to June. No excuse in my book. And if she had I am pretty sure she would have told us in the interviews...

Better stop, don't want a time out..Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

IMO, this woman (Horse Ranch Woman) is just plain hinky. Hinky!

In honor if CL's birthday tomorrow I got him a little gift. I hope he and his cronies get to use it time and time again.

girls-gifts-pig-soap-rope-sold-out.jpg

When Erin had her miscarriage in February Jon was in the field. If I remember right when he got back they let him have a week of before he had to go back into the field. My personal opinion that didn't give them the time to figure out how to handle their grief let alone work through it. Jon was frequently in the field. At least 5 days a month. Some times they were gone for a couple of weeks. Get to come in for a day and go right back out. So when though he wasn't deployed they were frequently apart

IMO, the hormonal rushes that Erin was dealing with played a role in this. She was pregnant, hormones raging, and she lost that baby in a miscarriage. Hormones levels again fluctuating, eventually down to the point she was ovulating, *means hormones uprising again*, and became pregnant again, so another splurge in hormone levels. Even as someone much older than Erin, those changes can affect your thinking, your feelings, etc. Add in her being only 19yrs old, married to a high school sweet heart, and possibly had never dated anyone else, much less had sex with anyone else.

Now all of sudden, she's surrounded by men in uniforms, many with high self esteem, which can be sexy to many females. Something innocent can quickly become an affair especially if you don't know how to handle the attention you're receiving, due to age, inexperience, etc. Throw in the typical stories heard from those having an affair about how the other isn't doing this or that, they feel unwanted, their spouse just doesn't appreciate them, blah blah blah, and the fire is ignited.

I've stated before, I've been in Erin's shoes as far as an affair. Over 18yrs later, and I still regret it, but it happened. The more I've thought of it, since this case, the more I think mine was due to lack of self esteem, never really dating at my means, always below, and settling, etc., and when a good looking, someone I considered out of league was interested in ME, yup I fell for it hook line lies and sinker! I'm not proud of that time in my life, but it happened.

I think at some point in most people's lives, they go through a wild child phase. Now this just my opinion and I have no link to back it up. But I've witnessed it numerous times. You wonder what else is out there. Wonder if you're 'missing' anything in life. Erin wasn't even at a legal age to drink, which is when I see LOTS of wild child phases occur.

I also see Erin in a vulnerable state. She's across the country from her support network. Hasn't really been at the base long enough to start a new support team. Seems the Lees were one of the first couples that she and JC hung out with. Seems JC knew the Lees before Erin came to the base. Erin arrived before JC was back on base. So she was alone. Just my speculation, but JC could have trusted the Lees and asked them to take Erin under the wing so to speak, and show her around base, around the area, welcome her to the base, and help her adjust prior to him coming back. Erin learned about the horse rescue from someone, and since the Lees were already involved, not a stretch that they might have even introduced her to the rescue.

Again, no matter what the reason behind the affair, no one deserved the death penalty for it. We all make mistakes, make the wrong choices. The majority of us get to move on, and learn from those lessons, and experiences. Life is all a learning experience, which we hope to never stop learning from. Erin didn't get that chance to move on, and correct her errors.

I also don't think JC would have had any problems raising the child. He didn't realize the affair was still going on. But even if he found out, nothing in his actions to me show that he would have thrown Erin out, and no way. All men aren't monsters. Many fathers aren't the sperm donors, but accept the child as their own, and love and raise them as their own. CL took that chance/choice from the Corwins as well. The Corwins were trying to rebuild their marriage. Working through the issues. It's very possible that the true paternity of the child wouldn't be known until it was born. Another action that will never happen because CL took that opportunity away.

:moo:

Seems JC knew the Lees before Erin came to the base. Erin arrived before JC was back on base. So she was alone. Just my speculation, but JC could have trusted the Lees and asked them to take Erin under the wing so to speak, and show her around base, around the area, welcome her to the base, and help her adjust prior to him coming back. :

I do know that Jon didn't know the Lees before Erin was there. She had a friend she knew pick her up at the airport when she got there. Erin stayed with that friend until her furniture got there.

Jon and Erin became good friends with the Lees and another couple very quickly once Jon got back. They cooked out together. Stay up all night talking then making big breakfast together. The guys would frequently go 4 wheeling together. The girls would hang out.

Jmo as an outsider the service seems like it could have a very "macho" atmosphere and not sure if "stepping out" on a spouse would be seen as better, worse or the same as on the "outside". It might be a very major blow to a male serviceman for his wife to be having an affair, getting pregnant and worse, having it possibly become common knowledge. It is possible Erin did not think JC would be able to accept a baby that was not his...or just that she preferred to be with CL, or at least she thought she did at the time.

Jmo but it sounds to me as though CL had her convinced already they "had a future" together and that he started making plans in his head to get rid of her as soon as he heard about the pregnancy.

I do think Erin was vulnerable and I think CL took advantage of that. CL didn't just cheat on NL, but JC - his friend. What was he thinking? IMO, he is a sociopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx