GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope nobody tries to trash Erin. Hasn't she already paid enough? RIP Erin. Even though I don't check in as often as I would like to lately my thoughts and prayers are always with Erin, Truthbeknown and their loved ones.

Nobody will, except the defense team, of course Haven't you watched any trials ? the defense ALWAYS trashes the dead, puts the victim on trial. In one case, the murderer on the stand, said his wife killed his children and he killed her in a furious rage, ( of course, he killed his 4 kids and wife,) or, did you happen to see jodi arias trial to name a few off the top of my head, but this tactic has been going on forever.. and it's just WRONG

The evidence is there. So the defense lawyer should just go for a plea deal.

Because karma could be a B....

So if this was their daughter; Would they defend the suspects.

If not; Then karma aka God aka The Heaven; will bring it back to them in double fold.

Either in this life or the next.

Jmo

The evidence is there. So the defense lawyer should just go for a plea deal.

Because karma could be a B....

So if this was their daughter; Would they defend the suspects.

If not; Then karma aka God aka The Heaven; will bring it back to them in double fold.

Either in this life or the next.

Jmo

I agree, there is overwhelming evidence, the murderer should avoid trial, as to the comment of "would they defend the suspects were the victim their daughters" probably not, and I often wonder how they sleep at night--people who defend these scumbags and terrorirsts, seems like there's always someone willing to.

The reason i believe this lawyer will go for the "trash the victim tactic " is because his client has too much evidence against him and the victim was having an affair with his client. The affair part will allow the defense to bring in elements of her personal life as relevent and exaggerate negative character claims especially in opening and closing arguments where they are free to bring up lies not backed by evidence. I'm sure the prosecutor knows this and will protect and prepare the family if this does go to trial.

Many of you will disagree with me, but I look at a defense lawyer as someone who is defending the law not necessarily the person. Guiding a defendant through the process and their rights, again not necessarily defending the alleged actions. They have both cases where the defendant could be innocent and ones where there is no doubt they are guilty. At the end of the day that doesn't mean these lawyers are scumbags, they are doing their job. Like any profession you have the moral ones and the bad ones.

Many of you will disagree with me, but I look at a defense lawyer as someone who is defending the law not necessarily the person. Guiding a defendant through the process and their rights, again not necessarily defending the alleged actions. They have both cases where the defendant could be innocent and ones where there is no doubt they are guilty. At the end of the day that doesn't mean these lawyers are scumbags, they are doing their job. Like any profession you have the moral ones and the bad ones.

Very well put. We want Chris's attorney to do his best job possible to defend Chris, because in the end we don't want Chris to be able to say he wasn't represented well. If his attorney trashes Erin so be it. Anyone that knows the real Erin will not be fooled by this tactic. Granted if he goes this route it will be in front of the jury and it could sway the jury. There is a lot of evidence to prove what was done and who did it. We are going to trust that justice will be done.

Excellent post and I completely agree!

THANK YOU! I am a lawyer (nothing useful to this forum, unfortunately) and I am often frustrated by the public response to criminal defense. You, the public, WANT a good defense lawyer to be on a file, especially as crimes become more serious. The surest way to prevent appeals is to ensure a defendant's rights are fully protected and informed by a knowledgable attorney. Sure, there are instances where your client has room for a "fact-based" defense (like an alibi, self-defense, etc) and there are times where your whole purpose is to ensure your client navigates the legal process with information, advice, and access to their rights. This doesn't always look like justice from an outsider's perspective (because yes, sometimes there will be frustraing outcomes like technicalities), but as someone who works in the field I believe it is a necessity to justice being served.

Very well put. We want Chris's attorney to do his best job possible to defend Chris, because in the end we don't want Chris to be able to say he wasn't represented well. If his attorney trashes Erin so be it. Anyone that knows the real Erin will not be fooled by this tactic. Granted if he goes this route it will be in front of the jury and it could sway the jury. There is a lot of evidence to prove what was done and who did it. We are going to trust that justice will be done.

Great attitude, Truthbeknown. In the end what really matters is justice for Erin.

To the person who sent the donation and the nice letter to our team this week:

Thank you very much for thinking about us. It's been nearly a year since we received the callout, and we all still think about it, especially when it bubbles up in the news again at each court date. We were all together last weekend for a Wilderness First Aid Class, made possible by this and the other generous help we received over the past months. It was nice to have "all hands on deck" under happier circumstances.

I can only hope that we've been able help to your family in your journey towards finding peace.

Sincerely,

San Bernardino County Cave & Technical Rescue Team

Thinking of possible defense strategies I think the most likely person to get raked over the coals is EC husband.He is the only other person that I know of that the defense can point to who would have motive and opportunity.

To the person who sent the donation and the nice letter to our team this week:

Thank you very much for thinking about us. It's been nearly a year since we received the callout, and we all still think about it, especially when it bubbles up in the news again at each court date. We were all together last weekend for a Wilderness First Aid Class, made possible by this and the other generous help we received over the past months. It was nice to have "all hands on deck" under happier circumstances.

I can only hope that we've been able help to your family in your journey towards finding peace.

Sincerely,

San Bernardino County Cave & Technical Rescue Team

Thank you so much for sharing this. These people have been incredible. It is amazing to think that these are volunteers that gave up many days out of their life to look for someone they didn't know. We are so glad to hear that the donations in Erin's memory are being used to help them continue to train, so that they can be there for someone else during their time of need.

truthbeknown ~
Thinking of your family today, as you endure through another hearing for CL. This one is a Pre-trial, saying also that:
SET LAST DATE FOR TRIAL TO 07/27/2015. I'm hoping that means we will have a date for trial?
I guess we'll find out today.

Chiming in as well to send my thoughts and prayers to truthbeknown, the Heavilin and Corwin Families. The path the justice is a long and arduous journey, often fraught with delays and whatever else the attorneys often see fit to place before the Prosecution team and the victim's families. Just know we are here, to stand with you, to offer our unending support, to be your sounding board, to cry with you, or to lift you up.

We :loveyou: , because that's what WSers do for each other.
((((truthbeknown))))
:grouphug:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07-16-CORWIN-SEARCH-jpg.jpg

:rose:

Erin, may your beautiful soul be beside your loved ones as they seek justice for you. We are all here to offer support. We won't forget you.

Not only is there a hearing today. Today would have been Erin's younger sister's 16th birthday if she was still with us.

Good morning all in about 10 minutes the hearing should start
As soon as I see some tweets posted on twitter will post them here

Good morning all in about 10 minutes the hearing should start
As soon as I see some tweets posted on twitter will post them here
thank you emi, good to see you :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors