GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I ask the reporter why this was removed. This is what she wrote.

Me: @KWidnerCBSL2 why was the part about Nichole Lee removed from the video? Where she says "why didn't he let me speak"

Katie: It was a different live hit and I wanted the longer version of the story. I tried to put both versions in the website but we are encountering some technical issues.

I will try to see if we can get them both up this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for asking Meemaw. The way she has acts in court underscores for me the lie of the molestation. Hard to believe she would not report what she said happened to her daughter.

Now that the rebar has been brought up, that brings us to another looming question.

Both the prosecution and the defense allege Chris intended to make a fire (despite cross-purposes)

Chris had a torch, but claims he forgot to light it, before throwing it in the mine. I'm not sure that in itself is believable.

Nevertheless, why didn't he, after he had calmed down, take one of his socks, or his underwear, tie it to another one of the rebar pieces, with the twine that they later found in his Jeep, light it, and throw it in the mine?

Thank you for asking Meemaw. The way she has acts in court underscores for me the lie of the molestation. Hard to believe she would not report what she said happened to her daughter.

Your welcome. Me too. It's not believable that's why it's a lie. Any parent that cares about their child, suspects something like that would call the police, take child to Dr/hospital. And certainly would not allow child to be near that person. And a father would continue a relationship because it wasn't at the forefront of his mind. Pure BULLS$$t. It upsets me to even think about it. To drag his little girl into his heinous crime against Erin is despicable and I hope the Jurors nail him for it.

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Well a suspect is someone you think could have committed the crime, or possibly could have incited another suspect to commit the crime, which would be a crime in and of itself. I guess since Chris is on trial, then LE and the DA think he could have committed the crime. If someone here suspects that Nichole Lee could have committed the crime, or a related crime, then she would be a suspect in that person's opinion.

Even if a person is found to have committed an act that a criminal charge is based on, the jury's job is not over, because they also must find what level of mental culpability the person has. That's is mens rea or "the guilty mind' element. So, if someone pressured him, or if he lacked the capacity to reason with himself to pull himself out of it, is that a factor in determining his mental culpability... is sort of what I was asking.

Who are you.

And why are you so protective of Chris and Nichole?

Now you mentioned possibilities before about maybe Jon did it.

But once Chris confessed; You acted like he could only confess because his back was against the wall with evidence.

But now you are saying okay But but but.

So I love a thinking mind.

But you seem xyz.

Jmo

In the US, competence to stand trial is determined before a trial takes place. It is not the job of the jury to determine whether he is competent to stand trial. IIRC, diminished capacity is an affirmative defense, so the defense would have to prove such a thing beyond a reasonable doubt during their case. This has never been brought up so to speculate about it goes against the reality of what is happening in the courtroom.

It is up to the jury to determine whether or not Lee's actions were premeditated. Given his confession, that is essentially the crux of the deliberations. To me, it's very clear and I think the jury will return a quick verdict.

Your welcome. Me too. It's not believable that's why it's a lie. Any parent that cares about their child, suspects something like that would call the police, take child to Dr/hospital. And certainly would not allow child to be near that person. And a father would continue a relationship because it wasn't at the forefront of his mind. Pure BULLS$$t. It upsets me to even think about it. To drag his little girl into his heinous crime against Erin is despicable and I hope the Jurors nail him for it.

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

They all went to the same school ~ BLAME THE VICTIM Jr. High

1. Jodi Arias
2. Case Anthony
3. Chris Lee

Casey's defense attorney Biaz blamed it on George and said he had molested (+ more, that I cannot say here) poor little meek Casey for years. BIG FAT LIE

And we all remember JA
The defense attorneys can say anything...they don't have to prove a thing. The proof lies solely on the prosecution.

Now that the rebar has been brought up, that brings us to another looming question.

Both the prosecution and the defense allege Chris intended to make a fire (despite cross-purposes)

Chris had a torch, but claims he forgot to light it, before throwing it in the mine. I'm not sure that in itself is believable.

Nevertheless, why didn't he, after he had calmed down, take one of his socks, or his underwear, tie it to another one of the rebar pieces, with the twine that they later found in his Jeep, light it, and throw it in the mine?

How do I put this politely, & respectfully?

The trial part (presentation of evidence & testimony) of the case is over. The jury is not required, & indeed not allowed, to indulge in speculation.

The jury analyses, discusses, & returns a verdict on *evidence & testimony* presented in court. Jury members are not required to speculate or provide answers to 'loose ends'.

I COULD speculate that CL's last-ditch, on the stand, confession was intended to attempt to mitigate his sentence/guilt, or cast doubt on his mental capacity. As his defence team chose not to follow through, I personally think it back-fired.

JMO, IANAL, & I'm not on the jury.

Our Beth will not be in court today, she is suffering from another Migraine.

I hope she feels better soon.

Our Beth will not be in court today, she is suffering from another Migraine.

I hope she feels better soon.

Tell Beth much love from Ws. She's not alone

They all went to the same school ~ BLAME THE VICTIM Jr. High

1. Jodi Arias
2. Case Anthony
3. Chris Lee

Casey's defense attorney Biaz blamed it on George and said he had molested (+ more, that I cannot say here) poor little meek Casey for years. BIG FAT LIE

And we all remember JA
The defense attorneys can say anything...they don't have to prove a thing. The proof lies solely on the prosecution.

I know

Chris Lee is a male Jodi Arias in my opinion. Casey A too.

Oh well that's in the prelim: http://z1077fm.com/woman-was-expecting-a-proposal-christopher-lee-held-to-answer/

I surmise that Erin either lost her shoes in the struggle or they were taken off of her as a means to bind her feet together more easily. And this probably would have happened at some location other than the mine, or else they'd probably have been tossed in the mine with her. Her thoughts are not known but it's rational to conclude she would have felt helpless, and been able to see what her captor was doing, and would have wondered what her captor was going to do to her next.

You're ASSUMING that Erin was tied up, bound and watched CL do things prior to murdering her. He has already stated he went up behind her and strangled her. It was a surprise ambush. To my knowledge there hasn't been anything to indicate that he taunted her, tortured her or that she watched him mull around the site while wondering if she was going to be raped.

This case is horrific enough with the already exposed details. Please, for the sake of Erin's loved one's, check your wild imagination at the door. It's not necessary nor is it appropriate.

By the way, CL stated that he forgot to light the torch before throwing the fuel down the mine shaft, not the torch itself.

I will tell her.

I am so sorry you have one too. They hurt so bad.

I truly do not suffer from migraines.

But I do sometimes get anxiety attacks at the worst times.

The jury in the Christopher Lee murder case informed the court they have reached a verdict. To be read at 1:30 today #ErinCorwin

@sbcountyda

QUICK is GOOD, imo. If any verdict should have been quick, it's this one. :jail:

The jury in the Christopher Lee murder case informed the court they have reached a verdict. To be read at 1:30 today #ErinCorwin

@sbcountyda

YES!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads