GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought it was honorable because all the MSM were reporting it that way and I remember reading a list of stuff about him in one article that I can't find with his discharge, dates served, his MOS and other data that said it was from PAO.

One thing I have learned through all of this is you can't always believe what you see, hear and read from media. I hardly ever watch or read the news any more. I have seen and heard so many things miss quoted through all of this. I know we are all human and make mistakes, but to quote her brother by 2 different names in the same article and the same quote. That is just plan sloppy jounalism

I don't even know where the media would get the information? You have to request military records in writing. You can't just call and ask- maybe they asked someone who knew him and they misspoke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I have learned through all of this is you can't always believe what you see, hear and read from media. I hardly ever watch or read the news any more. I have seen and heard so many things miss quoted through all of this. I know we are all human and make mistakes, but to quote her brother by 2 different names in the same article and the same quote. That is just plan sloppy jounalism

Isn't that the truth, sloppy journalism is an understatement. In discussion forums like this, it really creates "issues".

I understand his dishonorable discharge is the reason he could not wear his uniform in the courtroom as he wished. IMO, it's a moot issue at this point.

I don't even know where the media would get the information? You have to request military records in writing. You can't just call and ask- maybe they asked someone who knew him and they misspoke?

I need to see if I can find the article I read. It was back in 3014 and I swear they said they got the information from PAO. Plus it was very basic info. Nothing personal or private. I can "see" the article. The info was in list style.

Of course the writer coulda just said PAO gave the info....

That said... without a conviction or military arrest at that time, I don't understand how they could give him anything other than an honorable? (You know, the whole innocent until proven guilty and all that.)

Isn't that the truth, sloppy journalism is an understatement. In discussion forums like this, it really creates "issues".

I understand his dishonorable discharge is the reason he could not wear his uniform in the courtroom as he wished. IMO, it's a moot issue at this point.

My understanding was he couldn't wear it since he had been discharged longer than the limit (3 or 6 months). Marines whi don't retire only have a certain amount of time after discharge that they can wear the uniform. Retirees are limited to where or what occasions.

I need to see if I can find the article I read. It was back in 3014 and I swear they said they got the information from PAO. Plus it was very basic info. Nothing personal or private. I can "see" the article. The info was in list style.

That said... without a conviction or military arrest at that time, I don't understand how they could give him anything other than an honorable? (You know, the whole innocent until proven guilty and all that.)

Yea that makes sense- maybe he got it for something else?? Just seems like the family would know this you know- I can't imagine someone telling them it was dishonorable if it wasn't true??

Just repeating what I have seen written. I'll quit commenting on the subject, it really means nothing IMO, other than the fact he comitted a heinous murder as an active duty Marine. I'm sure all Marines who take their oath seriously would have an opinion of Christopher Brandon Lee and how he tarnished their good name.

Exactly moonbeams “without a conviction or military arrest at that time, I don't understand how they could give him anything other than an honorable“
The military doesn’t make discharge characterization decisions based on the notion of a civilian arrest.

Just repeating what I have seen written. I'll quit commenting on the subject, it really means nothing IMO, other than the fact he comitted a heinous murder as an active duty Marine. I'm sure all Marines who take their oath seriously would have an opinion of Christopher Brandon Lee and how he tarnished their good name.

Hey now! Don't make me go all Rambo on you! :maddening: You post on the subject all you want! I was just giving another side!

I agree with you that he has tarnished the name Marine. But I was also saying I could not understand how AT THAT TIME they could have given him anything else. He'd only been arrested for the potato gun (Marines have gotten Honorably discharged with worser record.) Uhm.. kinda scared to use the word but *whispers* it's just logical that it woulda been Honorable at the time *runs and hides*. :doorhide:

I do hope there is a way for someone to get it changed because the heinous act was done while still in the USMC. (Had he done it after, I'd wonder if there was much of a chance but then I haven't looked into other former Marines who have killed once a civilian and the impact of the discharge.)

moonbeams :blowkiss: knox

Exactly! Every article says different things. I don't want to give specifics, especially considering who I'm quoting! But reading X when it's really Y or aa when it should be BB... even it's a smaller point like a length of time.... it annoyed me to no end! MSM needs to fact check better!

Perhaps it was changed after he was arrested and admitted to the affair? The affair with another service member's spouse would have been enough to change his discharge. I'm not sure if it could have been changed due to the murder until after he was convicted.

Hopefully Truthbeknown will provide a little more clarification.

I don't even see that. I mean adultery isn't like it used to be where the armed forces are concerned. For the most part they don't even get office hours for it anymore. If it was changed prior to yesterday, I can't really think of a reason so someone in the know would really have to clarify it. And like the other links show, it's not automatic to get downgraded after yesterday. Although I wish it was! I know I saw a lot of people under the impression it was automatic. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

Again: I hope someone does the paperwork necessary to get it changed!

Found it (or at least one article) where the news report claims they got the information from PAO:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26058825/...ine-wife-continues-new-warrant-details-emerge

CBS News 8 requested public military records for Corporal Lee from the Twentynine Palms base. Marine spokesperson Capt. Justin Smith sent us the following responses in a series of emails:

Cpl. Christopher B. Lee, 24, was discharged from the Marine Corps on July 7, 2014 and is currently serving in the Individual Ready Reserve. Cpl. Lee served as a rifleman with 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division.

Cpl. Lee entered the Marine Corps July 7, 2008 and received an honorable discharge from the Marine Corps on July 7, 2014.

He did not reenlist in 2012. I can confirm he was on a six year contract.

Cpl. Lee deployed with 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines from November 2012 to April 2013 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

Awards:
- Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal (awarded July 7, 2011)
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- NATO Medal- ISAF Afghanistan

(Uhm.... wasn't there something in one of the recent news articles about him supposedly playing Russian Roulette because he'd never been deployed? :thinking:

Found it (or at least one article) where the news report claims they got the information from PAO:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26058825/...ine-wife-continues-new-warrant-details-emerge

(Uhm.... wasn't there something in one of the recent news articles about him supposedly playing Russian Roulette because he'd never been deployed? :thinking:

More of that sloppy reporting. I think his comment was he wanted to be deployed, and was depressed because he was wasn't.

Moonbeams you are a great poster, I apologise if I came off cranky. I'm angry, but not at you. This case got a little nerve wracking at the end. Hugs!!!

More of that sloppy reporting. I think his comment was he wanted to be deployed, and was depressed because he was wasn't.

Moonbeams you are a great poster, I apologise if I came off cranky. I'm angry, but not at you. This case got a little nerve wracking at the end. Hugs!!!

At this stage I don't think it matters, however, my understanding is that he was supposedly depressed because he wanted to deploy AGAIN. Something about the way of life on deployment.

I'm going to email David Gotfredson of CBS 8 and ask him to verify and clarify what he stated in his earlier article regarding Lee's discharge.

In my opinion Lee's deployment, or lack thereof, is a moot point, however, his current status with the Marines is a huge concern to me. I hope that Truthbeknown is accurate when she stated he was discharged less than honorably.

At this stage I don't think it matters, however, my understanding is that he was supposedly depressed because he wanted to deploy AGAIN. Something about the way of life on deployment.

I'm going to email David Gotfredson of CBS 8 and ask him to verify and clarify what he stated in his earlier article regarding Lee's discharge.

In my opinion Lee's deployment, or lack thereof, is a moot point, however, his current status with the Marines is a huge concern to me. I hope that Truthbeknown is accurate when she stated he was discharged less than honorably.

I totally agree that the deployment (or not) is moot. I just brought it up, I guess, cuz it was right there in my face!

:loveyou:

thank God. rest in peace angel.

I agree! I just saw the news that he was found guilty and what he did to Erin.

RIP Erin. Many prayers to her family. I am glad that he was found guilty of this horrible murder of Erin and Erin's unborn child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back