GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he could tell she hadn't been home, whenever he got home. Maybe he thought she was home at 4 or so, and he got home at 8pm and saw no water in the bowls. I saw on the locate Erin page one day, a woman saying her husband was Erin's dad. I looked at her FB page and she had posted a flyer, but I didn't recognize the name as any I've seen. No other comments either. It's confusing.
Kinda blows the whole "he thought she was at the ranch" story we'd been sleuthing out of the water, huh?

Kinda blows the whole "he thought she was at the ranch" story we'd been sleuthing out of the water, huh?

Way back in the beginning of this story it occurred to me he didn't report because he was embarrassed about where she might be, or didn't want to call public attention to where she was. I really think that's what that statement was about - he didn't want to say well I thought probably she was with her lover so I didn't call LE.

I have been worried sick out of my mind about where my teenage boys were when they didn't come home at night - and didn't call LE because I thought they'd be found at a drinking party or something of that sort.

Odd choice of words regarding waiting to call...give her 24 hrs., phone taken away or phone died. Who takes a phone away from a married woman.

I may need to reread the comment but I understood the sister's comment to mean... Jon would call her ( the sister ) if Erin's phone was taken away. I assumed that to reference when Erin and Jon were dating in high school and Erin's parents would take the phone away as punishment for whatever. Then the sister's comments about Erin saying to wait 24 hours if no one had heard from her..her phone died..or she was kidnapped, etc.. was in reference to a show they had watched together . She didn't say how long ago she had watched the show with Erin or how long ago Erin made that comment. IMP

Way back in the beginning of this story it occurred to me he didn't report because he was embarrassed about where she might be, or didn't want to call public attention to where she was. I really think that's what that statement was about - he didn't want to say well I thought probably she was with her lover so I didn't call LE.

I have been worried sick out of my mind about where my teenage boys were when they didn't come home at night - and didn't call LE because I thought they'd be found at a drinking party or something of that sort.

Still interesting though because if she were with a lover (IF! just speculating), that would be by her choice, and the animals would go un-fed. Sis says she would never leave the animals un-cared for by her own choice. Slight conflict there. I think the sister is just stressed and saying whatever comes to mind, but still worth noting.

The 24 hours argument that Erin's sister makes is a bit pat, considering he didn't actually wait 24 hours anyways. He told the deputy before 8:30 am the next day that he didn't expect her back until 4 pm last night, and cell service is notoriously spotty in JT. So she'd only been missing for around 16 hours, which IS a long time, but isn't long enough to be able to suggest he really thought he absolutely could not report her missing until 24 hours were up. There has to be some other explanation as to why he didn't report it.

The 24 hours argument that Erin's sister makes is a bit pat, considering he didn't actually wait 24 hours anyways. He told the deputy before 8:30 am the next day that he didn't expect her back until 4 pm last night, and cell service is notoriously spotty in JT. So she'd only been missing for around 16 hours, which IS a long time, but isn't long enough to be able to suggest he really thought he absolutely could not report her missing until 24 hours were up. There has to be some other explanation as to why he didn't report it.

She'd been missing since 7 in the morning - I think that's when they would start the clock.

Maybe this wasn't the first time she had stayed out! Just a thought.

I can see from her FB that Erin takes photos with her phone if she doesn't have her camera. This can really drain the phone's battery and that might be why it is off. Of course she may be out of range.
Just thought I would mention the battery fatigue/draining.

To paraphrase, the sister said that EC told her that if she ever goes missing to wait 24 hours or until her phone gets shut off to call LE. Something like, give her a chance to get away or to someone she knows? It was a very odd phrasing. She tried to explain later but it was even more vague.

In another telling comment, she says that EC is so independent she would never listen to anyone telling her not to go out in the heat.

The rest of her comments are in defense of the husband and the 24 hour wait to report EC missing.

Thank you for this summary, as I am quite slow to update as I spent some time on that other post about the pets/evening . :)

If she knew her husband would be home later that afternoon, she did not really abandon the pets to their fates...jmo
But still, I think she intended to be home and was prevented.

She'd been missing since 7 in the morning - I think that's when they would start the clock.

That doesn't make much sense. What say, someone I know takes a three day trip to a place with bad cell service, they leave Friday and tell me they'll be back on Monday. When I can't get ahold of them on Saturday night I should be allowed to file a missing persons report on them that night? Because that's 24 hours according to your clock. Does that sound reasonable to you?

She also commented something to the effect of, he ran right out to the police as soon as he came home and realized something was wrong because the pets hadn't been cared for (and she would never leave without telling him where she was going and wouldn't leave her pets like that) yet the police didn't care who he was and turned him away because it hadn't been 24 hours yet. I understand her sticking up for him and I believe her heart is in the right place but she should watch what public comments she makes. She also stated that different counties in California have different rules regarding taking a missing person report within the first 24 hours and also depends on what state the LE officer was trained in. I am growing more and more frustrated with that mistruth being stated over and over in the comments of these articles and on the FB page. :banghead:

I think the source of the article may be the family, either EC's, her DH, or both. Just my feeling.

I definitely think they knew it was going to be coming out. I think it was the reason why the Pray FB page was deleted and why the other posts were made by the family and the update was released from LE yesterday.

I was thinking along the lines that their dogs (from pictures I think they had 2) were not let out to use the bathroom. That possibly they had accidents so Jon knew that she had never been home all day to let them out which may have been an unusual thing for her to do.

Ummm...amen??:thinking:

If she knew her husband would be home later that afternoon, she did not really abandon the pets to their fates...jmo
But still, I think she intended to be home and was prevented.

Right, but the way the sister wrote it, it was like they weren't cared for in the evening, and although there are 2 comments the sister made about the pets, this particular one stuck with me, because the sister stated that the pets were not cared for in the evening, so it made me question if he was working all day through the evening and how did he know she wasn't home by 4pm, yadda yadda yadda (been watching too much of Seinfeld lately. :) )
IMOO.

One thing she said that struck me as particularly odd was when she stated they would not help him until 24 hours was up. The way I read her comment, she suggested he raised the roof, but they would not help until the waiting period had passed. When someone pointed out there is no waiting period, she tried to claim it depended on what county you were in, or which officer came when you called. I guess you could get a jerk officer who doesn't take you seriously but it's a state law that no specific waiting period exists in CA. It doesn't matter what county or city you are in.

It could something as simple and innocent as her thinking that to be true because he erroneously thought that, but it did bother me.

She also stated that if his superior ordered him to wait, he would have to, no matter what he wanted to do. That is probably true, I guess, but I think it would be one cold SOB to order a husband to wait 24 hours before reporting his pregnant wife missing. The idea that he thought she might be with someone else and didn't want to raise an alarm only to be humiliated makes a lot more sense to me. And it might be something he would be reluctant to admit later on.

As others did, I also thought it was odd that she felt he would "do as she said" and not worry about her for 24 hours. I'm sorry, but that's just nuts. A couple of hours, sure. But 24 hours? What someone says off the cuff, in the comfort of their own home, is one thing. What they would really want you to do, when they are stranded in the desert, with no food or water, where death is a real possibility, is something else entirely. At least, imho.

That doesn't make much sense. What say, someone I know takes a three day trip to a place with bad cell service, they leave Friday and tell me they'll be back on Monday. When I can't get ahold of them on Saturday night I should be allowed to file a missing persons report on them that night? Because that's 24 hours according to your clock. Does that sound reasonable to you?

You should be "allowed" to file a missing person report whenever you first believe that there is a reasonable amount of suspicion that someone is in need of help. No one was suggesting that you should report everyone who goes out of town for over 24 hours missing if they don't answer their phones or don't come home within 24 hours of leaving. The 24 hour wait rule is archaic and dangerous.

I was thinking along the lines that their dogs (from pictures I think they had 2) were not let out to use the bathroom. That possibly they had accidents so Jon knew that she had never been home all day to let them out which may have been an unusual thing for her to do.

Ummm...amen??:thinking:

Now this makes sense to me, that when he came home in the evening, because there was a mess in the house (caused by the pets) that he knew she wasn't home by 4pm. Thank you!
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member