GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did find it interesting that the sister responds defensively to many people who accuse the husband, to the person who suggests Erin disappeared by her choice, and to people who question the 24 hour wait. She does not say a word to the person who posts the Z107.7 article. No one does! If it were untrue, I would think that would be the first comment she'd jump on!

Other than the fact that she has pets at home, I'm not really sure what information Treelights deemed to be important from that comment but, it grows the information field a little more I guess.

wait, I see it now, Erin is adopted!?!?!

I did find it interesting that the sister responds defensively to many people who accuse the husband, to the person who suggests Erin disappeared by her choice, and to people who question the 24 hour wait. She does not say a word to the person who posts the Z107.7 article. No one does! If it were untrue, I would think that would be the first comment she'd jump on!

I think it's obvious at this point that the family believes the radio station article is true.

Well, first, I don't know what "care" we're talking about here. We have a dog and he has water and food all day and he drinks and eats when he wants to. It wouldn't be obvious to anyone whether anyone had "cared" for him that day. I don't know specifically what she has - for example, we also have a bearded dragon and if his light wasn't turned on all day I'd know my son hadn't been there. I'm not sure about the 7 - 4 p.m. I think the 4 p.m. might be sort of the last time she could reasonably return from a trip to Joshua tree -kind of a reasonable time frame in his mind. I don't see the "gotcha" in the sister's comments -

Well, the sister said that her pets were not cared for in the evening. I didn't use that word, she used it.
We all view things differently.
IMOO.

I think it's obvious at this point that the family believes the radio station article is true.
I think the source of the article may be the family, either EC's, her DH, or both. Just my feeling.

I agree that was odd. I expected that, too. And, assuming, we're even close on the timeline, I'm not sure why she even made the comment about pets not being cared for. If she left at 7am, I'm sure she took care of them then. And tons of people work all day and their pets are not cared for while they are gone. So, it doesn't strike me as strange that they weren't care for between 7 and 4. I suppose it could mean that he had been gone all day and if the pets were out of water or something, realized that meant she had never come back home.

Well, the sister said that her pets were not cared for in the evening. I didn't use that word, she used it.
We all view things differently.
IMOO.

I'm really trying to understand what you mean. I agree the sister is stating the evening care wasn't done, and that it's clear Erin didn't do it, or arrange for someone to do the evening care.

I don't understand why that is a surprise - she wasn't there, and by most people's opinions had planned to be back home and so was unexpectedly absent and had made no plans.

Can you clarify more what you're seeing that's a surprise? Thanks -

I don't see what ya'll are seeing. The only comment by JC that I can find that ends in :59 (I do think I have to correct for time zone here, on my computer it shows up at July 10, 12:59 a.m.) is about how her pets weren't taken care of that day. Am I missing something? Thanks -

Believe it may be in reference to a few replies under that post about what the sisters discussed if something like this were to happen. It's not written that clearly so a bit hard to follow but my guess is it was sisters talking and not in reference to her situation. Is there another comment perhaps? I'm looking at Wednesday-1153 and1157 as the comment times that may have sparked some questions

To paraphrase, the sister said that EC told her that if she ever goes missing to wait 24 hours or until her phone gets shut off to call LE. Something like, give her a chance to get away or to someone she knows? It was a very odd phrasing. She tried to explain later but it was even more vague.

In another telling comment, she says that EC is so independent she would never listen to anyone telling her not to go out in the heat.

The rest of her comments are in defense of the husband and the 24 hour wait to report EC missing.

Other than the fact that she has pets at home, I'm not really sure what information Treelights deemed to be important from that comment but, it grows the information field a little more I guess.

If the husband was home in the evening, why would Erin's sister say the pets were not cared for in the evening?
Why would she say that she(Erin) didn't arrange for someone to watch them.
Wouldn't Erin's husband watch them?
How did he know Erin wasn't back home at 4pm? Did he come home and then leave again?
These are questions I have.
Everyone views things differently.
IMOO.

Odd choice of words regarding waiting to call...give her 24 hrs., phone taken away or phone died. Who takes a phone away from a married woman.

To paraphrase, the sister said that EC told her that if she ever goes missing to wait 24 hours or until her phone gets shut off to call LE. Something like, give her a chance to get away or to someone she knows? It was a very odd phrasing. She tried to explain later but it was even more vague.

In another telling comment, she says that EC is so independent she would never listen to anyone telling her not to go out in the heat.

The rest of her comments are in defense of the husband and the 24 hour wait to report EC missing.

Thanks. I just now saw those comments - my "find" thing didn't find them because they were hidden under a "view 8 more comments" thing and the finder couldn't locate her name. It does seem kind of weird phrasing - but I think most of us have had conversations with loved ones about what to do if they go missing. For me, please don't call 911 if I'm an hour late coming home from the grocery store! That kind of thing.

Thanks. I just now saw those comments - my "find" thing didn't find them because they were hidden under a "view 8 more comments" thing and the finder couldn't locate her name. It does seem kind of weird phrasing - but I think most of us have had conversations with loved ones about what to do if they go missing. For me, please don't call 911 if I'm an hour late coming home from the grocery store! That kind of thing.

Odd choice of words regarding waiting to call...give her 24 hrs., phone taken away or phone died. Who takes a phone away from a married woman.

A kidnapper. I think they were watching a show about missing people and deciding at what point to call if they were suspected of being kidnapped. "I would try to get away, etc."

[modsnip]

Do you mean her bio parents? She has been in contact with them recently. Her bio dad was on the news sobbing.

A kidnapper. I think they were watching a show about missing people and deciding at what point to call if they were suspected of being kidnapped. "I would try to get away, etc."
Yeah, I imagined they were watching Forensic Files or something, a woman gets overpowered and the sisters say to each other, what would you do? Erin, in a fit of teenage bravado, says, as long as I had my phone, I'd get away, get to someone I knew.

Years later, a relative who is terribly stressed, emotional, and probably not sleeping tries to translate this in an online forum, and voila.

I guess he could tell she hadn't been home, whenever he got home. Maybe he thought she was home at 4 or so, and he got home at 8pm and saw no water in the bowls. I saw on the locate Erin page one day, a woman saying her husband was Erin's dad. I looked at her FB page and she had posted a flyer, but I didn't recognize the name as any I've seen. No other comments either. It's confusing.

lol! I read an article I believe I linked here earlier on from the same news source claiming they were the first to report on her disappearance. They seem to really want acknowledgment. Perhaps they should go out and find Erin for LE? :desert:

It makes sense though, right? An employee in a public agency vehicle generally listens to the radio because there usually isn't a CD player. I'm not sure it warrants bragging rights, though :)

I'm with you - I think they should go out and find Erin too! Bring her home!

I think many of us found a lot of interesting things in those comments, and it got some movement on this thread! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove