GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think they knew it was going to be coming out. I think it was the reason why the Pray FB page was deleted and why the other posts were made by the family and the update was released from LE yesterday.

BBM: Why do you suppose the page was deleted? Were you able to see the post stating it was going to be deleted? I wonder if it gave a reason?

I was thinking along the lines that their dogs (from pictures I think they had 2) were not let out to use the bathroom. That possibly they had accidents so Jon knew that she had never been home all day to let them out which may have been an unusual thing for her to do.

Ummm...amen??:thinking:

Or maybe they were still in their crate...

One thing she said that struck me as particularly odd was when she stated they would not help him until 24 hours was up. The way I read her comment, she suggested he raised the roof, but they would not help until the waiting period had passed. When someone pointed out there is no waiting period, she tried to claim it depended on what county you were in, or which officer came when you called. I guess you could get a jerk officer who doesn't take you seriously but it's a state law that no specific waiting period exists in CA. It doesn't matter what county or city you are in.

One thing that was clear to me from sisters posting was that hubby definitely talked to his military superiors before 24 hours was up. That's probably a long process-and may involve a few different conversations so I don't think he was just waiting around for the 24 hour window.

Forgot about their dogs-but the phrase "didn't arrange for care"(which was odd) actually made me think of the horses. Maybe there was a call on their home phone indicating she never came by or something like that. I can see her arranging care for them if she was not getting out there.

BBM: Why do you suppose the page was deleted? Were you able to see the post stating it was going to be deleted? I wonder if it gave a reason?

The reason was more or less because of too much gossip and negative comments.
The page was not intended for those purposes.

That's exactly what I thought. Didn't sound unreasonable at all because we've been in that situation before - puppies, older dogs, and dogs-in-training just can't wait all day.

I was thinking along the lines that their dogs (from pictures I think they had 2) were not let out to use the bathroom. That possibly they had accidents so Jon knew that she had never been home all day to let them out which may have been an unusual thing for her to do.

Ummm...amen??:thinking:

I took it to mean he got home late in the evening and it was obvious (by the accidents or whatever) that nothing had been done since 7am that morning. Just my guess though, but it made sense to me.

Right, but the way the sister wrote it, it was like they weren't cared for in the evening, and although there are 2 comments the sister made about the pets, this particular one stuck with me, because the sister stated that the pets were not cared for in the evening, so it made me question if he was working all day through the evening and how did he know she wasn't home by 4pm, yadda yadda yadda (been watching too much of Seinfeld lately. :) )
IMOO.

You should be "allowed" to file a missing person report whenever you first believe that there is a reasonable amount of suspicion that someone is in need of help. No one was suggesting that you should report everyone who goes out of town for over 24 hours missing if they don't answer their phones or don't come home within 24 hours of leaving. The 24 hour wait rule is archaic and dangerous.

Sorry, I never said I supported that rule. What I was trying to say is the theory that HE didn't report her missing BECAUSE he thought he had to wait 24 hours doesn't hold water, because he didn't actually wait 24 hours.

Someone else said the time a person is missing should be counted from the last time you saw them, and not from the time you really start worrying or "missing" them. I was simply trying to show it doesn't make sense to count it that way. (If counting is THAT important to someone, I mean)

Sorry, I never said I supported that rule. What I was trying to say is the theory that HE didn't report her missing BECAUSE he thought he had to wait 24 hours doesn't hold water, because he didn't actually wait 24 hours.

Someone else said the time a person is missing should be counted from the last time you saw them, and not from the time you really start worrying or "missing" them. I was simply trying to show it doesn't make sense to count it that way. (If counting is THAT important to someone, I mean)

I think people need to get educated on the not having to wait 24 hours THEN get educated on when the clock starts ticking. I am absolutely amazed that in this day and age people still believe that whole 24 hour rule. But then again there are a lot of people that forget LE is there to protect and serve, are public servants and perhaps intimidated by them and afraid to call. Personally, if I was genuinely concerned about a loved one being missing I wouldn't wait an hour let alone 24. But that's just me. I was married to a firefighter so I'm not easily intimidated by LE.

I'm really curious now about the pets and their usual routine too. I mean plenty of people who have pets leave for work that early and get home that late... what care did the pets usually get that was missed that day? Was it something major, or were they just fed by the husband a little late when usually Erin feeds them? It may not matter now as it's been so long, but it leads me to think different things about whether or not she intended to be gone that late. Not that I have any intention of taking off but IF I were going to, as an animal lover myself, I'd make sure my pets were set in terms of being cared for.

I think people need to get educated on the not having to wait 24 hours THEN get educated on when the clock starts ticking. I am absolutely amazed that in this day and age people still believe that whole 24 hour rule. But then again there are a lot of people that forget LE is there to protect and serve, are public servants and perhaps intimidated by them and afraid to call. Personally, if I was genuinely concerned about a loved one being missing I wouldn't wait an hour let alone 24. But that's just me. I was married to a firefighter so I'm not easily intimidated by LE.

No kidding. What is with this guy. I thought military men were supposed to be all manly and macho and whatever. If this were my wife wild horses couldn't keep me away from reporting her missing and searching and pleading to the media and anyone else who will listen. [modsnip]

I'm sorry, i'm just irritated that's all

[modsnip]

Well can't we just say that if you click on the person's profile picture (of a girl posing with Erin) next to the comments she posted it will bring you to the same FB account that Erin has linked on her Facebook account as being her sister? That's not sleuthing a family member as much as it is just looking at Erin's FB page, right? (Sorry Mods if I am incorrect.)

Heck I've been on WS for what, a couple of years now? And yet up until this case I thought there was a 24 hour rule for adults unless there were extenuating circumstances like necessary medications, mental illness, etc. I appreciate knowing that isn't the case! I think the 24 hour thing has to be a pretty common misconception.

Heck I've been on WS for what, a couple of years now? And yet up until this case I thought there was a 24 hour rule for adults unless there were extenuating circumstances like necessary medications, mental illness, etc. I appreciate knowing that isn't the case! I think the 24 hour thing has to be a pretty common misconception.

Don't worry, nikb! If you go missing all of us at WS will start looking for you right away! No waiting 24 hours! :)

Also, people in the military are human and fallible, just like you and I. A 19 year old's very young husband reports to his superiors that his wife, who may be having an affair, and another man's baby, didn't come home. I think it's logical that his superiors, probably older than him and experienced with military affairs, would tell him to go home and wait a few more hours while they sent the word up the chain of command.

I did read what they had posted but don't remember exactly the reason they gave though I got the impression that they were getting frustrated at people posting non-encouraging comments (as it seemed people were a lot more vocal on that page than on the Locate page when it came to freely expressing their suspicions.) They pointed everyone to the Locate page stating that the Pray page would be shut down. I just thought they were going to be combining them because they didn't really need to have two FB pages (resulting in double the work to monitor/update/maintain them) but now I think the timing is interesting. IF the information of the affair is true, perhaps they thought that having a FB support page titled "Locate Erin" rather than "Pray for Erin" was more appropriate or might eliminate some of the negative comments from the vocal people that were banned from the Locate page and moved over to the Pray page. I'm not sure I am articulating what I mean to get across. Hope it makes sense.

One thing that was clear to me from sisters posting was that hubby definitely talked to his military superiors before 24 hours was up. That's probably a long process-and may involve a few different conversations so I don't think he was just waiting around for the 24 hour window.

Forgot about their dogs-but the phrase "didn't arrange for care"(which was odd) actually made me think of the horses. Maybe there was a call on their home phone indicating she never came by or something like that. I can see her arranging care for them if she was not getting out there.

She mentioned the care of the pets in relation to two different things. One was about the arranging for care, wouldn't leave them intentionally, etc. which she stated in reference to people saying that perhaps Erin is missing voluntarily. She followed these comments about the pets with how close Erin was with her mom as another reason she wouldn't just up and split. The other comment she made about the pets was about Jon coming home and knowing something was up because the pets were "unkept."

We drove out there yesterday and took a look around. After joking with the hubby about driving out alone to see what he would say, he said he wanted to go for a drive anyway...so we went and he actually is getting into this sleuthing thing! lol Some things we noticed...

1. At Valle Vista Rd & Ranch Rd (where her car was found) a car drove past approx. every 5 minutes.
2. There were some houses scattered about in the area, but mostly open space.
3. Just west of there, at Valle Vista Rd & Utah Trail, we saw approx. 1 car per minute.
4. Slightly west of that, at the NE corner of Valle Vista Rd & Adobe Rd, there were several parked, unattended cars (made me wonder if that was the location that someone mentioned buy baby clothes when she lived there). There were some out of state plates, and also a U-Haul. Wondering if these were cars not allowed on base due to expired insurance or registrations or some other military rule???
5. Didn't see a single LE vehicle anywhere in 29 Palms.
6. Drove through JTNP, from 29 Palms to Joshua Tree (on the very well maintained, paved road, with lots of people on it), and saw no LE vehicles of any type...until just after we exited JTNP. A sheriff was parked on the road (but wasn't paying attention so missed a chance to ticket my speeding hubby lol).
7. Saw lots of photographers in JTNP, and once again I was struck with how hauntingly beautiful that place is when you see it in person. A cousin of mine once told she read a quote that went something like this, "Instead of color, God painted with texture in the desert." Sooo true! Don't write off the entire desert if you've never been there - even out near Gold Crown Road where it's desolate, it can be so peaceful to hear nothing but the sand under your feet and know you are completely alone with creation.
8. Drove east on Hwy 62 to the old Star's Way Out building (just past Gold Crown Road), and didn't see any LE vehicles.
9. MOST DISTURBING OF ALL: Didn't see a single poster about Erin, including at the 2 grocery stores (Staters & Save A Lot), the Circle K, or a gas station.

My husband wondered if LE was so intent on searching JTNP because they found a park map in her car. They give you a map at the entrance and, even if she didn't make it there the day she disappeared, it's likely she's been there previously since there's not a lot to do in the area, so she could have a map from a previous trip with notes on it of where she wanted to go. (Or something she printed online, or a just a written list of places.) There are certain places that look best at sunset, so maybe there are some that look best at sunrise and that was why she wanted to scout locations.

Of course, now I see the activity was on Amboy Rd so we missed that - maybe my hubby will want to go for another drive tomorrow! lol I encouraged him to visit Websleuths but he's not big on the computer so not sure that will happen. He did ask what name I use, so if you see a new person named Nick Charles (I'm guessing he would play William Powell to my Myrna Loy) give him a big welcome! :)

I did read what they had posted but don't remember exactly the reason they gave though I got the impression that they were getting frustrated at people posting non-encouraging comments (as it seemed people were a lot more vocal on that page than on the Locate page when it came to freely expressing their suspicions.) They pointed everyone to the Locate page stating that the Pray page would be shut down. I just thought they were going to be combining them because they didn't really need to have two FB pages (resulting in double the work to monitor/update/maintain them) but now I think the timing is interesting. IF the information of the affair is true, perhaps they thought that having a FB support page titled "Locate Erin" rather than "Pray for Erin" was more appropriate or might eliminate some of the negative comments from the vocal people that were banned from the Locate page and moved over to the Pray page. I'm not sure I am articulating what I mean to get across. Hope it makes sense.

It's got to be really hard to keep up with two pages when you're already in the middle of so much stress too. I've always been confused when families/loved ones set up multiple pages for essentially the same cause. I understand why, but it just seems like it makes more sense to keep it centralized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove