GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So....for everyone that believes the witness, do you think that the red car is owned by the same person that owns the dark jeep in the warrant? And, if so, why no warrant for the red car (especially if LE knew about this witness statement before the warrants were obtained?)

We don't know that there isn't a search warrant for a 'red car' - we only know about the 4 search warrants they released.

Since the search warrants are posted online and they mention a guy with a Jeep from Alaska, I would think he is fair game for sleuthing as long as we don't name him. The cops raided his Jeep (and most probably his apartment on base, too) so it is already out there on MSM.

Not to say he is is a POI. Maybe he was just having an affair. Maybe he admitted it to the cops. Maybe JC knew about the affair a long time ago. Maybe the new information was the pregnancy. That angle is all speculation. That info doesn't mean he's a murderer. Still, it seems pretty clear LE has tunnel vision on him.

I am looking at a guy who fits the description. Some people on this forum know his name as well because you all are AMAZING.

Publicly available information indicates he grew up in Alaska, then moved with his wife to Yucca Valley, then moved onto base into a building with 12 apartments. Confirmation of that address is hard to come by. Confirmation of that Alaska plate is difficult, but not impossible.

There are other connections to Erin in the online universe. So, is it cool to sleuth this guy here without naming him?

Have we gotten an answer on this? I haven't found one.

Sending out prayers this morning. First, to LE and the volunteers looking for this young woman; may God and the angels guide them to her...and soon. And second, to her husband. I pray that friends, family, and his fellow Marines are circling him with a wall of dignity and strength. Let us hope that this young woman will be brought home before the weekend is over.

Why hasn't White Rock posted anything on their website about helping find Erin? Off to see if they posted on their fb.

ETA: Nothing on fb either.

can someone email those people at the station that printed the 4 search warrants and ask them to look to see if any additional warrants have been served? i can do it late this afternoon but as it is friday the earlier the better

I believe he is credible even if the guy doesn't end up being SHORTER than 5'9"....which is what the witness said.

I agree. He really had to prove himself talking to the anchor. This is the reason people don't come forward because they are afraid of this very thing.

We don't know if they have fingerprints and, if you believe the witness, someone had to move her car from the first location to the second location much farther off of the road. I am having a hard time coming up with a reason why Erin would come back and move her own car 100 feet from where it was left originally.

The only thing I can think of is that he wanted to put her belongings back in the car and when he did he could have thought he wanted to ditch the car further away and get rid of more evidence in his mind. With that said, maybe they got into an argument that resulted in her death and it wasn't planned at all. I can see him going on pure anxiety/panic mode of what in the he!! am I going to do? He thinks (I'll need to get rid of the car" and starts to drive off and then thinks...wait how will I get back? I can't do that and re-parks the car.) I kind of wonder when the witness said that he saw them in the car talking if they didn't get into then and he strangled her but then think about the search warrant. The moving the car further down is definitely puzzling because why would you go back and put yourself so close to her car again? Too many risks but again maybe it was a fleeting thought. Also, how do we know that there weren't two people involved? Maybe his wife was in the back waiting. Not sure if they have kids though so that would be hard to pull off. I have heard of some very pissed off wives though and their demands to get rid of the affair. Who knows. Sorry if this is all over the place...caffeine is still kickin in. JMO

Why hasn't White Rock posted anything on their website about helping find Erin? Off to see if they posted on their fb.

ETA: Nothing on fb either.

I thought the same thing. I mean she volunteered for them. Messed up.

Sheriff's Capt. Dale Mondary confirmed NCIS is assisting in the investigation, but wouldn't elaborate.

When asked if there were any new leads in the case, Mondary said, "Nothing we're going to disclose at this time."

When asked if the sheriff's department had identified any suspects in the case, Mondary said, "I will neither confirm nor deny that we have a suspect. We have interviewed a number of people."

There were no active physical searches taking place Thursday.

"We have scaled back," he said. "The majority of our searches will now occur over the weekends. Most of our volunteers hold full-time jobs."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...n-search-ncis-investigation-missing/12808449/

I read in an article that this morning that the NCIS said to the reporter that they are helping the police with the military parts of the case. (the article is from last night)
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...n-search-ncis-investigation-missing/12808449/
So does that mean for sure that the police suspect that this is going to be a military matter or person involved? NCIS said that they have interviewed one person so far.

How do we do know who leaked to the press about affair, etc?

There is a post in an earlier thread from someone who listened to the radio stations mid-day report on air and during that report it was said that an investigator gave this information to the radio station's news director.

We don't know that there isn't a search warrant for a 'red car' - we only know about the 4 search warrants they released.

Also to add those search warrants were developed before any mention of the red car. Right?

I'm rather quiet but I love red and have owned several red cars. It never cost me more to insure. Perhaps it's by state???

http://www.esurance.com/insurance-resources/red-cars-cost-more-to-insure-myth
I worked for a major insurer for many years. The rates were based on year, make, model, driving record. age, etc. No where on the input screen of the computer did it ask color of the vehicle when rating. People would call and say "I'm selling the blue car" and I had no idea which of their 3 cars was blue by looking at the computer.

We don't know that. EC left 3 hours before the supposed sighting. And the witnesses could not possibly know how tall the driver was having only seeing him in the driver's seat.

It always fascinates me what we are willing to "know" in here and what we are not. We're willing as a group to discuss at length an unknown person's personality based on a red car that may or may not be their own car, but we aren't willing to accept that EC met this person by design. The human mind is a curious thing. :) Do you have a thought as to how or why she would have met up with this person in such a desolate area if it wasn't by design?

thanks in advance

Also to add those search warrants were developed before any mention of the red car. Right?

They were filed 6/30 and signed 7/1. Erin's car was found on 6/30 and supposedly the witness spoke with LE on 6/30 about the 'red car' but then there was reporting that the lead LE didn't know about the witness so it is possibly that the search warrants were filed without knowledge of the red car as they were filed by the lead LE.

I still would like to know how/why they singled out that particular vehicle and those two addresses.

I worked for a major insurer for many years. The rates were based on year, make, model, driving record. age, etc. No where on the input screen of the computer did it ask color of the vehicle when rating. People would call and say "I'm selling the blue car" and I had no idea which of their 3 cars was blue by looking at the computer.

This is correct. Rates are mainly based on type of insurance, type of vehicle and previous driving record - color doesn't really factor into. I think people think that because a sporty car (mustang, etc) is going to be more expensive to insure and I bet you find more red mustangs (sports cars) than you do red Hyundais.

This is correct. Rates are mainly based on type of insurance, type of vehicle and previous driving record - color doesn't really factor into. I think people think that because a sporty car (mustang, etc) is going to be more expensive to insure and I bet you find more red mustangs (sports cars) than you do red Hyundais.

Yes, a red mustang would be more expensive to insure than a red VW. It's based on costs to repair if wrecked, safety features/crash ratings, if it's a high theft vehicle etc.

But why would she leave her own car parked off the road in the desert behind bushes? I'm not feeling 'voluntary' since LE is adamant that her missing status isn't voluntary and their warrants mentioned probable felonies committed.

I can think of a reason. If the affair rumor is true (and she's meeting up with the guy and hopping into his red car) then she's tucking her car away in the bushes hopefully insuring that anyone that she or her husband might know (a friend or maybe someone in JC's platoon) doesn't see it and say something to JC.

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member