GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM right now. WOW. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Alaska right now.

CL is not easy on the eyes. Just an observation.

She married CL on October 20, 2006. She was 15 when they married.

https://www.facebook.com/nichole.lee.5070/about?ref=br_rs

Let me know if it is against TOS to post her FB. I assume it is okay since we can sleuth them.

According to this, 14 and 15 year olds can marry in Alaska but require a court order (not just parental permission) to do so.

What court in their right mind would approve that? :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/getting-married-in-alaska_n_1231792.html

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that in the Desert Sun article, last updated today, it mentions Erin's car was found near the "base's back gate" ...

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...win-missing-marine-wife-crime-scene/13006851/

And yes, I do realize the "statement of probable cause" does mention her vehicle was "located abandoned off of Ranch Road and Valle Vista Drive".
I am just curious as to if these two locations are actually close to one another, or would they be considered two different locations? Probably no big deal, but I felt it worthy of mentioning and/or clarifying...
JMO

Are we certain that Chris has went back to Alaska? How do we know this?

Just have to to go by what IM said to the reporter, I posted upthread. Dunno for sure.She said he left last Wed..

JVM right now. WOW. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Alaska right now.

CL is not easy on the eyes. Just an observation.

Only 5 minutes in to the show and it has become very clear to me why I've never watched it in the past. JVM is rather irritating. JMO

Case Timeline

June 30:
Erin Corwin's car, a 2013 blue Toyota Corolla, is found outside a rear entrance – called the "Condor Gate" – at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center at Twentynine Palms, where the Corwins lived. A single set of footprints leads away from Corwin's car and to another set of vehicle tire tracks. The tracks are "consistent" with the tracks of Christopher Brandon Lee's Jeep.

July 1: Four search warrants are issued authorizing police to search twoapartments in Twentynine Palms, the Corwins' and an apartment occupied by Christopher Brandon Lee and his wife Nichole, and two cars: Corwin's Toyota and a dark-colored Jeep with Alaska license plates belonging to Christopher Lee. They find 10 .40-caliber fired cartridge casings in the Jeep.

Detectives talk to Christopher Lee and his wife, Nichole. Christopher Lee said he didn't see Erin Corwin on June 28 or June 29, despite reports from a close friend of Erin's that Lee had told her he was taking her "somewhere special" to hunt and celebrate Corwin's pregnancy.

July 3: Christopher Lee and his wife and young daughter move in with Isabel Megli, owner and operator of the White Rock Horse Rescue in Yucca Valley. She says the family is preparing to move to Alaska as soon as Lee is discharged from the Marine Corps.

July 4: Police execute another search warrant, this time at Megli's home in Yucca Valley and two vehicles believed have been in Lee's possession: a white Ford truck and a green Honda Civic. Police find a potato launcher belonging to Lee and book him on suspicion of possessing a "destructive device."

July 6: Christopher Lee released on bail.

July 7: Christopher Lee receives an honorable discharge from the Marines.

July 15: Erin Corwin's 20th birthday.

July 16: The Desert Sun obtains and publishes the search warrants for the two apartments on the base and the two vehicles.

July 21: Police issue press release on arrest of Christopher Lee on suspicion of possessing a "destructive device." Included in the documents obtained by the Desert Sun along with a search warrant related to the "destructive device" charge is a "Statement of Probable Cause" that suggests Corwin was having an affair with Lee and that Lee and his wife may have hidden something from police.

July 22: A police press release suggests that new information has led them to new sites where they are now actively searching for a "crime scene" and evidence of "foul play."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...corwin-missing-marine-wife-timeline/13008419/

Thank you so much, a sticky would be good for this to refer back to....

On JVM right now, the photos of CL show a very different persona than with the cowboy hat on. IMO
He looks much tougher and not the gentle teddy bear cowboy I first envisioned.

On JVM right now, the photos of CL show a very different persona than with the cowboy hat on. IMO
He looks much tougher and not the gentle teddy bear cowboy I first envisioned.

I think all the photos we have been seeing of him are his younger ones. Some look like they were taken pretty much when he was a new recruit. IDK. The ranch photos are newer ones. You can def. see that the army shaped him up some from the younger pictures. JMO

OH goody, NG is going to cover this case also!!!

I'm not totally convinced they were married on Oct 20, 2006. Just because it's posted on FB does not make it legally true. For instance, a lot of people list people as "family" on FB but they are not blood related. Someone may list their best friend as their "sister" etc... Maybe Oct 20, 2006 was when they first became a couple? This is pure speculation on my part. NL seems to be pretty "Alpha Female-ish" for lack of a better word. The berating of CL in public, the bravado over "never find the body"... Maybe this date in 2006 was when she staked her claim in CL, so to speak. Again, pure speculation!!!

Another note, Nancy Grace will be covering the case at the top of the hour. JVM had a caller who stated they were searching a pond behind the base. Interesting. I doubt she is that close.

What if Erin went to shoot the potato gun with CL? Maybe that's how he lured her out.

I really would like to know all the contents of the text or texts she sent her girlfriend that day and what she had told her girlfriend previously about him before she disappeared. I don't know if she was manipulated by him but I do think she sincerely cared about him.

Was it a stupid move to text her girlfriend about going out for the day with her lover? Maybe not. Maybe it was one of the smartest moves Erin had ever made. Maybe even though she was excited to go and be with him she felt pensive about being pregnant with his child and how he would react when they were alone.

Maybe just maybe she wanted someone to know who she was with that day just in case someone needed to know that. Maybe she was smarter than some think.

In the end the text to her girlfriend is going to be one of the most powerful pieces of evidence if CL is arrested and it goes to trial.

IMO

For me, I'd like the investigation to go deeper though. Indeed, if EC had been communicating with her gf over a time period about her affair with CL, then the story has weight. If there is one text specifically on the day Erin went missing (or night before), then anyone could have sent the text. Plus wouldn't the text seem out of character and out of the blue if there aren't any other similar texts?
This is why, from what we've heard, an NCIS agent (is that what they're called?) has allegedly visited Erin's friend in TN. There, the agent will gather all the correspondence and, yes, maybe a whole history of the affair will be documented.

I'm suspicious, suspicious. My suspicion doesn't stop at level one. These reports are cursory. Some cases covered on TV have many starts and restarts. I've seen where they check DNA from five different guys at five different points along the timeline of an investigation. Each time LE was hopeful (and sometimes felt certain) they had their man only to have to begin again when the results came back. Of course, that's in cases where DNA is available.

Case files don't end up being big enough to fill several boxes without hundreds of reports being written up - some which end up being false leads or just necessary investigation that led to dead ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx