GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt EC and CL had an affair..I am just questioning when did they find the " privacy " to have an affair. Being next door neighbors where everyone knows each others business. CL & EC volunteered at the ranch but so did NL. NL and IM appear to be friends. Being neighbors..how could they of stayed overnight at the ranch without NL or JC getting suspicious ? :confused:

I'm pretty sure she knew. The wives usually do. Maybe they found time when JC was at work and NL was at the ranch. I doubt that NL and CL were at the ranch together all the time. They have a child and although I am sure they took her at times, I am sure they took turns going alone

**** She may have had an idea but didn't really want to know. It's easier to look the other way then to actually deal with it. Especially not having solid proof and a husband who was probably denying it left and right.

I don't doubt EC and CL had an affair..I am just questioning when did they find the " privacy " to have an affair. Being next door neighbors where everyone knows each others business. CL & EC volunteered at the ranch but so did NL. NL and IM appear to be friends. Being neighbors..how could they of stayed overnight at the ranch without NL or JC getting suspicious ? :confused:

Cars, probably, just like teenage kids. Or just about anywhere. Never underestimate the creative skills of frisky folks.

Might just me jumping to conclusions. But since they seem so focused on the Lees or (CL at least) LE must believe or have a really strong hunch that Erin left the base under her own power that morning.

Mel
QUOTE=Woe.be.gone;10786236]Oh, do they have Erin on camera leaving the base Saturday morning? I haven't seen that evidence. If they do, then no wonder I'm confused.
I keep reading that LE hasn't named suspects (although I realize all the digging they're doing surrounding the Lee's and the ranch) but LE continues to say they're interviewing lots of peeps.

(have mercy on me. with Gemini rising in my chart I'm a crippled decision maker.)[/QUOTE]

Oh, I bet it didn't take long for them to get suspicious, especially NL.

Actually, do we even know for sure she was officially pregnant?

Many missing persons cases LE gives specific last seen info, what they think person was wearing and circumstances she was in (last seen at a bar, bus stop, etc.)

Erin communicated with a friend back in TN but afaik no details (time, how often) have been revealed. A NCIS agent paid the person a visit but we don't get to know what s/he learned as a result. We can ASSUME I guess that a complete reveal of the history of the affair was uncovered and explained at that time. If we assume wrongly, then we're barking up the wrong tree.

What Erin told her best friend isn't an assumption though, is it? I thought the friend forward the actual text to LE that she received from Erin? If so that is pretty specific.

I thought it stated that Erin said specifically she was meeting CL the morning she disappeared?

It is the "I think" though. We saw a probable cause affidavit, not evidence (that's what bugs me because we have to assume a lot in between).
Why wouldn't LE put that out to the universe - Erin was last seen driving her car out the base gate at (time) - blah, blah?
LE usually makes some statement in order to spark memories of eyewitnesses. LE said Erin's phone was shut off at the beginning of the day. Did she use her phone at all the 28th?

What I think is interesting, and perhaps telling, is that immediately from the beginning LE have been extraordinarily tight-lipped about what they know AND apparently have told the family not to do the usual things we've come to expect - posters, search parties, releasing last-know-sighting information or even what clothing Erin may have been wearing. Maybe it's because it is a desert and more treacherous terrain than other places, or maybe it's because they had information almost immediately that suggested something more sinister than, say, Erin having car trouble or willingly 'taking a break'. I suspect it's mostly the latter, and possibly due to the information they received from Erin's friend. I also suspect that they knew it was a recovery mission from the start, and that may be what is contributing to the lockdown on information that seems to come out in other, seemingly similar cases. Just MOO.

Is anyone else having difficulty with the "Reply with Quote" function today?

What I think is interesting, and perhaps telling, is that immediately from the beginning LE have been extraordinarily tight-lipped about what they know AND apparently have told the family not to do the usual things we've come to expect - posters, search parties, releasing last-know-sighting information or even what clothing Erin may have been wearing. Maybe it's because it is a desert and more treacherous terrain than other places, or maybe it's because they had information almost immediately that suggested something more sinister than, say, Erin having car trouble or willingly 'taking a break'. I suspect it's mostly the latter, and possibly due to the information they received from Erin's friend. I also suspect that they knew it was a recovery mission from the start, and that may be what is contributing to the lockdown on information that seems to come out in other, seemingly similar cases. Just MOO.

I agree. At first LE never says they are looking for a body even though they are and it seemed right from the first of this investigation that is what they were and have been looking for all along.

I really would love to know the relationship between IM and EC. It seems as though IM is close to the Lee's but we don't really know what her relationship was with EC. Another thing that keeps popping up in my mind is that early on they said JC didn't report her missing until the next morning because she possibly spent the night at the ranch. I wonder if that was a common thing. Did CL and EC stay at the ranch often or maybe that was their alibi for spending time with each other.

just a thought..

I suggested early on that she might be "spending the night at the ranch" to cover for having an affair, and I still think that's quite possible. However, if IM is close to both NL and CL, you'd think she would be uncomfortable knowing that EC and CL are carrying on right under her nose. Assuming she's not too dense to have realized that.

In response to the comment of NL and CL being arrested by Friday.....I do not see that happening by Friday unless some damning evidence is discovered between now and then that they were involved in her disappearance. One can speculate all they desire but the bottom line is unless there is evidence to prove this was the case that is not going to happen at least at this time.

Also just a side note....As much as some might think that time is of the essence and it is the enemy actually sometimes the opposite holds true. Time can be a friend that so gently unveils and exposes the truth. Just my two cents worth and food for thought. Digest what you wish and leave the rest behind.

they have been investigating for 3 weeks. they have evidence that we dont know about. the news articles that have been written contain a fraction of what LE knows. and its not a matter of them finding something "new" between now and tomorrow. its a matter of connecting the dots of what they already know. and waiting for tests to come back. Fridays are always good days for arrests ;o)

Cluciano, no we don't have satisfactory proof that she was pregnant. It is widely believed, as she told both her husband and her friend in Tennessee. I'm not 100% convinced, maybe 90%.

Based on everything I've read, the affair with CL began after her miscarriage due to not getting what she felt was proper sympathy/support from JC. I've read nothing of an affair prior to that. So I assume we know the miscarried baby was JC's.

that is the same conclusion I have reached as well. Feb begin date.

Sorry I missed that. I know that they took CL's phone. Nothing about NL's phone but an iPod touch was taken from a purse in the green Honda at the ranch.

Perhaps they took the iPod because they're just covering all the bases and scrutinizing all electronic devices. Perhaps there is information on it re: internet activity? Also, does anyone know if the iPod can do iMessage? My iPad can, but I don't have an iPod. The really weird thing my iPad does when on wifi and used to send text messages is that if I send it to my own phone (my kids have done this to me) or to any phone that has my App Store/iTunes account on it (my kids) it shows up as a conversation with myself, and it makes double alerts and the conversation is saved to each device with my account. The kids think it's hilarious.

I agree. At first LE never says they are looking for a body even though they are and it seemed right from the first of this investigation that is what they were and have been looking for all along.

I agree. And we heard reports of Homicide Division's involvement in the case within a few days of her disappearance, too. Most likely because LE knew within days, if not hours, that CL, was lying to them about his relationship with EC.

Perhaps they took the iPod because they're just covering all the bases and scrutinizing all electronic devices. Perhaps there is information on it re: internet activity? Also, does anyone know if the iPod can do iMessage? My iPad can, but I don't have an iPod. The really weird thing my iPad does when on wifi and used to send text messages is that if I send it to my own phone (my kids have done this to me) or to any phone that has my App Store/iTunes account on it (my kids) it shows up as a conversation with myself, and it makes double alerts and the conversation is saved to each device with my account. The kids think it's hilarious.

Guaranteed that's why they took it. It's an electronic device that can store photos, send messages, FaceTime, etc. I'm certain they took any and all such devices from all locations and vehicles named in their search warrants.

Also, the new iPod Touch has a camera.

It is the "I think" though. We saw a probable cause affidavit, not evidence (that's what bugs me because we have to assume a lot in between).
Why wouldn't LE put that out to the universe - Erin was last seen driving her car out the base gate at (time) - blah, blah?
LE usually makes some statement in order to spark memories of eyewitnesses. LE said Erin's phone was shut off at the beginning of the day. Did she use her phone at all the 28th?

BBM

What about CL's phone? Have we heard anything about his phone being turned off too? That would raise a big white flag surely? I guess he could have easily gotten a disposable prepaid phone, to let NL know where/when to pick him up (I do believe she was involved)
MOO ~

Also, does anyone know if it is possible for LE to get records of the Lee's cellphone activities for that day even if they were not confiscated? TIA~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhiser79