GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on to your coffee cup, because the idea that just crossed my mind is REALLY far-fetched. But, humor me here....what if NL isn't worried about them finding a body bc there isn't one? What if IM isn't acting concerned bc she knows EC is still alive? (BTW-I would love for this to be the case but realize it probably isn't, just kicking around things I've observed in my sleuthing) Maybe EC is in a very unhappy marriage with a controlling husband. Maybe all her previous Facebook posts about how in love she is is in an effort to try to convince herself. Also, NL, from her Pinterest pins, was hoping to have another baby someday, and maybe she was having trouble conceiving. As much as she hates EC, maybe she and CL are helping her escape her life and give them the second child NL wants...by hiding her and taking her with them. Maybe they put her car close to base to deliberately create suspicions re: hubby. Again, this idea is preposterous, but the combined weird actions of all involved is leading me down a different theory than I ever considered.

Hold on to your coffee cup, because the idea that just crossed my mind is REALLY far-fetched. But, humor me here....what if NL isn't worried about them finding a body bc there isn't one? What if IM isn't acting concerned bc she knows EC is still alive? (BTW-I would love for this to be the case but realize it probably isn't, just kicking around things I've observed in my sleuthing) Maybe EC is in a very unhappy marriage with a controlling husband. Maybe all her previous Facebook posts about how in love she is is in an effort to try to convince herself. Also, NL, from her Pinterest pins, was hoping to have another baby someday, and maybe she was having trouble conceiving. As much as she hates EC, maybe she and CL are helping her escape her life and give them the second child NL wants...by hiding her and taking her with them. Maybe they put her car close to base to deliberately create suspicions re: hubby. Again, this idea is preposterous, but the combined weird actions of all involved is leading me down a different theory than I ever considered.

That had crossed my mind due to what appears NL has fertility issues per her Pinterest!! MOO

Something is off in this case, IMO

I'd like to know when exactly in June did she tell IM that she was not taking the horse? Before or after the 15th which is when she supposedly learned she was pregnant.

As far as shots go, one would think that since IM has so many dealings with Marines at 29, that she would know the requirements of keeping a horse on base there. Also, even if she didn't, I would have thought as a rescue they would make sure that all their rescued horses had vet care and therefore be up to date on all their shots. That doesn't make sense.

And is that even a thing you can do - is there a place on base to board a horse?

I can't provide a link, but I remember reading a post on one of Erin's threads that said the base stables
would be closing and that may have had a role in her decision about boarding her horse on base.

Thinking out loud here. Like others, I think the fact that Erin was suddenly going to relinquish her horse is a major clue here. It can possibly point to one of two things: A. She was actually planning to leave and felt like she needed to make a plan for her horse. B. She is a young girl who frequently changes her mind. I have a family member like that. Tired of her husband, get a new one. Taking multiple jobs and quitting them. Taking in pets and giving them up. Makes decisions but doesn't stick with anything. In my family member's case, it is like a little girl in a woman's life. If Erin was indeed immature, I'm not sure yet how it might relate to the case.

I stated (speculated) something along those lines several days ago but with just a little bit of different twist and was quickly shot down just always remember nothing in life is so far-fetched that it could not be so even down to ones suggestion that she may have been harmed by a spud gun or perhaps medication used for horses. Everything is speculation at this point in time based on hearsay, rumors, he said she said, even the supposed eyewitnesses are turning out to be a bust which their information was used to obtained the search warrants or at least that is my perception from what I have read here on the board in regards to the so called eyewitnesses and the conversations that took place, because being outsiders that are not privy to the inside information. We really do not know with certainty the details. I do know this much there is an article out there that the LE stated that the detective that secured the warrants made an error and all search warrants were suppose to be sealed and IMO I feel they should have been as well. Because if the facts presented to obtain the search warrant turn out to be a bust and this information has spread like wild fire and EC did just decide to walk away from whatever the situation was that she was dealing with they have just destroyed her reputation if it ends up not being true. Anything is possible. IMO of course.

Thinking out loud here. Like others, I think the fact that Erin was suddenly going to relinquish her horse is a major clue here. It can possibly point to one of two things: A. She was actually planning to leave and felt like she needed to make a plan for her horse. B. She is a young girl who frequently changes her mind. I have a family member like that. Tired of her husband, get a new one. Taking multiple jobs and quitting them. Taking in pets and giving them up. Makes decisions but doesn't stick with anything. In my family member's case, it is like a little girl in a woman's life. If Erin was indeed immature, I'm not sure yet how it might relate to the case.

Yes I have thought about the horse as well and I am not sure I am correct on this but did she and her spouse only have one vehicle? If so maybe she left the vehicle where it could be easily found so that it could be returned to him. Taking care of business prior to executing her plan perhaps? Just a thought IMO.

I can't provide a link, but I remember reading a post on one of Erin's threads that said the base stables
would be closing and that may have had a role in her decision about boarding her horse on base.

To be closed down within the year.

http://www.militarystables.com/twinpalms.html
Specific Immunizations are also required, contact Stables directly.

Was this Erin's horse - did she adopt or was she just sponsoring the horse? The base only offers boarding for privately owned horses and I know even though some "rescues" adopt, they still retain ownership of the horse.

Looks like it was going to be a hassle in the end. Expense of the shots, trailering and then moving the horse again after the stables closed. MOO

Not on topic at all but I tried to reply with quote from the previous page and got a thing saying this page has more than 100 replies. So can you only reply from the latest page or is my phone playing silly beggers?

The more I read, the more I see issues. It may be that Erin was a follower. I have a niece who is so sweet, quiet, and never attempts to talk unless spoken to. She waited around after graduation to see if anybody else was goin to a community college. That would make her decision. If nobody else went, she wouldn't either. She was 18 before she got a license, only so she could go to this college. She then got some friends there who were very outgoing. I then see a naval ring. I then see on FB that she's at a party with beer (all underage). She then met up with a guy who is single with a toddler, and calls me at 6am to ask if I would support her moving in with him. Her parents were upset she said, and wanted me to be on her side. I said I wasn't going to get involved, but she was always welcome to visit, along with her friend. So she's now working a job, going to school, living with this guy and his child, and has cut ties with all of us. She rarely dated, and was too shy to participate in school events. Her mother said if someone asked her to help them rob a bank, she would only drive the get away car. But she would do it. I wonder if Erin is a follower, and naive, and could be talked into things out of her realm.

That interview caused me to have quite a few questions. For starters:
1) She said EC relinquished her horse because the base wouldn't allow her to keep it there since it needed some shots. Why wouldn't she just give the shots to the horse so she could get permission? She relinquished the horse in June.
2) I thought there were people at Tractor Supply that said EC had worked there. Did I dream that up?
3) What happened to CL's & NL's vehicles? They left in a Uhaul. Could LE still have them?
4) Why did the phone call end so abruptly?
5) When questioned about CL's alibi for the 29th, she said NL said she was at home with their child. Then, she said CL was working. ???? Why wouldn't that be an alibi?

I want to give myself a pat on the back for actually calling one thing correctly

Chris and Nichole took their horses to Alaska, had them transported there.
"We" (people at the ranch?) had no idea Chris and Erin were having an affair.
Chris, Nicole and their daughter always came to the ranch as a "family".
Police confiscated the Uhaul and searched it, they gave Chris and Nichole a list of what they kept.
Chris and Nichole are not speaking to Megli anymore.
Nichole owns and jeep and Chris owns a jeep, Megli says Nichole's jeep is dark, she never paid attention to the color. Then says, neither one of the jeeps are red : /
Erin told Megli in June she was relinquishing her horse, she could not get it on the base because of necessary shots.
{That was zinger for me! Was Erin planning to leave the area after June?!!}
Erin got a job in April as a Nanny for a family on base.
Erin never actually worked at the Tractor Supply in Yucca Valley.
Erin took the miscarriage in February very hard, very hard.
Scott Peterson case, was the case they discussed {Whoahhhhh}
Chris was supposed to go out with two people (Corey & Skylar) that morning, but went alone.
Chris and Nichole told Megli LE searched the house next door, and also their house, looking for Erin. {In other words, made it sound like they were not specifically searching the Lee's home-huh?}

Well, this whole interview was just a big ole surprise wasn't it? IM has become a real chatterbox. Interesting that CL and NL are not speaking to her anymore. It's weird that Erin used shots as an excuse for leaving the horse there. Shots aren't THAT expensive - especially if you are already paying board. I did notice that the website for the stable on base said it would be closing with the year. Why make up that point about shots when she could have just said that? Hmm.....

I know there are many here that feel that way. Here is my question though.

Why would EC text her best friend and tell her that she was pregnant with CL's child and was going to spend the day with him, the day she went missing? That is what i cannot overlook.

Was she lying? Did someone else write those texts?

I might believe someone else sent the texts if those were the ONLY texts about CL. But it doesn't sound like that is the case. Plus, there is also the issue of CL lying more than once about his relationship with Erin. Too much smoke, IMO. There must be a fire there somewhere.

Of course, a TV show would consider it a great twist for her husband to take advantage of all that to kill her himself and throw the blame on CL. Actually, talking about TV shows, I should ask my husband who he thinks killed Erin. When we watch TV he always guesses the killer very early and he is NEVER WRONG. Then he rubs it in quite obnoxiously, LOL.

anything is possible, but I think it's more likely that they knew it would be next to impossible to find the body. buried her somewhere completely random, burned etc :(

Well, this whole interview was just a big ole surprise wasn't it? IM has become a real chatterbox. Interesting that CL and NL are not speaking to her anymore. It's weird that Erin used shots as an excuse for leaving the horse there. Shots aren't THAT expensive - especially if you are already paying board. I did notice that the website for the stable on base said it would be closing with the year. Why make up that point about shots when she could have just said that? Hmm.....
Please do ask him, I'd like to hear his response. TIA

To be closed down within the year.

http://www.militarystables.com/twinpalms.html

Was this Erin's horse - did she adopt or was she just sponsoring the horse? The base only offers boarding for privately owned horses and I know even though some "rescues" adopt, they still retain ownership of the horse.

Looks like it was going to be a hassle in the end. Expense of the shots, trailering and then moving the horse again after the stables closed. MOO

IM has been flapping her jaws so much now, it's hard to me to know what to believe. But, if IM is being truthful about Erin's decision to suddenly give up the horse, I don't believe it was really over shots. Anyone who has ever had a one on one relationship with a horse would understand what I'm saying, but I would never give up my horse over a little bit of hassle or the cost of shots. I just wouldn't. And, the cost of shots is less than the typical cost of boarding for one month. A relationship between horse and human takes a lot of trust on both sides and you don't have that with just every horse that comes along. As long as I am physically and financially able to keep my horse, she is staying with me - period.

On the other hand, if you don't have a truck and trailer it is expensive to move your horse to another location. So, if she were planning to leave, she might give up the horse. But we don't have any proof of that so far.

It might make sense if she agreed to give up the horse after the affair became known, but I don't think that works because JC already thought the affair was over, and she got pregnant after that. To me, it makes more sense for her to give up the horse after realizing she was pregnant. Maybe, with a baby coming, she didn't think it would be responsible to continue spending money on the horse. Especially if she didn't know for sure she would be staying with JC, or even still at 29 Palms. That I could understand.

I think that due to her previous miscarriage she was planning on "taking it easy" if she conceived again...taking care of a horse is HARD work. And expensive. I think the "hike" or "hunting trip" w CL was most tempting for her due to timing...she knew CL was moving back to Alaska...and "just had to see him again"...either to chat about the timing/date of conception, "when will I ever see you again?", or whatever...sounds like this was her last opportunity to have time w/him. He was leaving...her mom was coming for 2 weeks...etc...

IM has been flapping her jaws so much now, it's hard to me to know what to believe. But, if IM is being truthful about Erin's decision to suddenly give up the horse, I don't believe it was really over shots. Anyone who has ever had a one on one relationship with a horse would understand what I'm saying, but I would never give up my horse over a little bit of hassle or the cost of shots. I just wouldn't. And, the cost of shots is less than the typical cost of boarding for one month. A relationship between horse and human takes a lot of trust on both sides and you don't have that with just every horse that comes along. As long as I am physically and financially able to keep my horse, she is staying with me - period.

On the other hand, if you don't have a truck and trailer it is expensive to move your horse to another location. So, if she were planning to leave, she might give up the horse. But we don't have any proof of that so far.

It might make sense if she agreed to give up the horse after the affair became known, but I don't think that works because JC already thought the affair was over, and she got pregnant after that. To me, it makes more sense for her to give up the horse after realizing she was pregnant. Maybe, with a baby coming, she didn't think it would be responsible to continue spending money on the horse. Especially if she didn't know for sure she would be staying with JC, or even still at 29 Palms. That I could understand.

Right on, maskedwoman. Once you have a bond with a horse, it is hard to let that horse go. I've had many "project" horses over the years, who I trained, and if we didn't click, they went on down the road. However, my 26-year-old still hauls to the rodeo with me, even though the last few years she's just stood tied to the trailer :)

Through college, military life, subsequent moves, sometimes my horse was the company I had (well, and my dog), and I would not have traded her for the world. Still wouldn't. Even if someone said, here's a $150,000 barrel horse. NOPE, no way. What I am getting at is, Erin was basically alone at 29 Palms. Her horse would have been her comfort and company, and I can't see her just cutting her loose. Unless, the horse was smoke screen from day one...

I am taking everything that IM said in this interview as a whole lot of hoopla. In my opinion, she has been busily back peddling since the warrant information was released to the public. The whole relinquishing of the horse story may just be another bone that she decided to throw out there to throw people off track and to further protect her precious CL.

It's all just words and he said, she said. I doubt a single thing she stated can be backed up with a contract, email or other physical evidence. Quite clever really.

As to IM:

"The lady doth protest too much, me think"
(Shakespeare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics