GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't CL in his mid twenties, with a child? I think many young husbands and fathers manage to be faithful to their wives.

I don't think CL cared for Erin, however, I do think all he cared about was himself and his penis. No offense to any of the men on here but at that age most young men follow their "little head" and not necessarily their bigger and smarter head. Somehow I managed to keep my son a virgin until he was 18 (my hubby laughs at me and my naivety) but now that he's almost 23, watch out - he's making up for lost time!

Or that she was showing pregnancy symptoms, and he asked her. Many women can't hide it when they have morning sickness...

I've given a lot of thought to her telling JC about her pregnancy. Could it be that she simply took a pregnancy test in his presence and he read the results along with her? Not so much as "hey babe I'm pregnant!" but more of him just being present at the time she found out.

I don't know about this. Based solely on what we know as confirmed by LE I wouldn't be able to say, beyond a reasonable doubt, that CL & NL are responsible for murdering EC. I hope that LE has more than what we know however, if we take them on their word, they have zero evidence that a crime has been committed. Unless LE has something up their sleeve, I don't see CL or NL saying a word. If they are responsible for her disappearance I think they feel like they got away with it and are going about their lives up in Alaska (or wherever they are.) Without a body, I don't think either will talk. LE really needs to find Erin and then they will have leverage as neither could be certain of what evidence was found with/on her. I feel the same about the Heather Elvis case. As long as no body is found, I don's see TM or SM saying a word, unfortunately. MOO.

In Erin's case, and possibly Heather Elvis', a paternity test (not saying that Heather was pregnant, but it would explain Tammy's rush to get pregnant and would probably have made her REALLY MAD) would certainly point a finger in the right direction. If Erin's baby is her husband's it doesn't prove that he or CL/NL knew that. Or her, for that matter.

Things to think about ~

1. Since CL and EC were meeting that morning, there is no way Erin is going to tell her
her husband where she was REALLY going. So she said something believable (JTNP)

** CL clearly not knowing that is where Erin told Jon she was going, uses the very same
place for his "alibi." He says he was hunting that day at JTNP? First of all, hunting is
illegal in National Parks. You also have to pay to get in. And I am sure there are
camera's that would show anyone entering and leaving the park.

2. When FIRST being interviewed about Erin, he says they where only acquaintances,
and the last time he saw her was 2 months ago. ???

**why lie about that if he had nothing to do with her disappearance? I mean they lived
next door to one another! I realize he didn't want ANYONE to know about his affair,
but if you live next door somebody, you're surely gonna see them pretty often.
Especially in the summer. Coming or going at the very least!

Things CL did not count on

1. All the neighbors were interviewed, and a some of them knew about the affair.
2. Erin's friend in Tn. Thank goodness for her!! She clearly answered the who, what and
and where of EC's plans for that fateful day!

I also think the arrest of CL over the potato gun was just a red herring. So LE was able to get his fingerprints and DNA legally while he was in jail.... MOO~

I've given a lot of thought to her telling JC about her pregnancy. Could it be that she simply took a pregnancy test in his presence and he read the results along with her? Not so much as "hey babe I'm pregnant!" but more of him just being present at the time she found out.

But why take a pregnancy test in front of your husband, if you were having sex with another guy too? It seems odd to me.

I thought it was determined that MB was not credible and we had to discount the red car story. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

That's been mentioned in passing a couple times, just like you just did, but no one has ever explained where they heard/ it. I would love to see a link to LE or MSM saying this, but since no one has posted one (or any details at all about this statement) I think we are still categorizing it as a rumor. Of course, if you have a link that it's been proven he and his sister were not telling the truth about what they witnessed, PLEASE post it. Thanks!

I don't think we can assume a child support issue. Maybe she was never going to ask for child support and was never going to tell JC the child wasn't his. That doesn't mean that CL wouldn't have been worried about child support in the short-term or long-term, I realize. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say it is my opinion that he didn't do this, at least not how it is currently hypothesized.

BBM

Would you care to share more? I would love to know what you're thinking! :)

I kinda feel the same way. It takes a LOT of courage to put an end to someone's life. He must have known the consequences should he have been caught.

That's the thing though Jambri ~ I don't think that HE EVER THOUGHT for a minute he would have been caught! And if it wasn't for Erin sending texts to her BBF friend in Tn., he probably wouldn't have!

I thought it was determined that MB was not credible and we had to discount the red car story. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I've seen this mentioned several times, but I can't locate an MSM source for this.

Can someone link me up? Thanks!

I've seen this mentioned several times, but I can't locate an MSM source for this.

Regarding MB was not credible:

This was a Facebook rumor. Never has been an MSM source for this.

I agree. Child support aside, if his wife was threatening that he could never see his child again unless he cut ties with EC, that might have also been motivation.

And CL mentions himself, IIRC, this is in the probable cause statements.

And just bouncing off your post...

IMO, a lot of recent theories being floated ignore what's in the probable cause statements.

I've said it before and I will say it again, I would have to ignore much to consider anyone or anything, besides CL and possibly NL, responsible for Erin's disappearance.

That's the thing though Jambri ~ I don't think that HE EVER THOUGHT for a minute he would have been caught! And if it wasn't for Erin sending texts to her BBF friend in Tn., he probably wouldn't have!

And he hasn't really even been 'caught' yet. He may just go on his merry way after his potato gun charges are dealt with. :mad:

Cannot understand why they Hv not arrested him yet....my hopes are at his sept hearing if he even shows they will if he doesn't show al LE will b at his new doorstep.

Personally, I don't believe that Erin ever got into red car that morning. I think she was long gone already. :rose:

I don't understand this. Why aren't there more leaks? You would think that the person who leaked the first warrants would have found a way to get the rest out, correct?? Is the person biased and only leaking warrants that point towards "his" suspects? We can't work this investigation with only half the picture. So someone better get their act together... JMO

I read in a recent article (sorry, can't recall which news website) that LE did not leak the warrants on purpose, one of the LE detectives made a mistake and forgot to request it be sealed or something like that, where it was not intentional.

On the note of lack of information on this case, no flyers or command center, etc., can anyone in the Marines speak to this being standard operating procedure (mum is the word) when they are dealing with potential crimes committed by Marines? Otherwise, it makes little sense and seems wrong how little they are engaging with the public, and have convinced Erin's family--on their FB page anyway it states-- that they don't need the extra info of people calling in thinking they've seen her, or something along those lines, and they (LE) want to focus on their investigation without distractions. Kind of unheard of IMO for them to take such an attitude and sell it to the family -- no information/no updates/zipped lips. I hope it's a Marine culture thing, cuz otherwise it's not an approach that is fair to Erin or her family/friends.I don't think "no news is good news" applies here. JMOO

I don't understand why the person who made the comment just doesn't write a story about it? He's the idiot (IMO) who owns z1077 and wrote the story with the crappy enquirer-ish title... so rather than just say on FB why doesn't he write a story????

Cannot understand why they Hv not arrested him yet....my hopes are at his sept hearing if he even shows they will if he doesn't show al LE will b at his new doorstep.

The longer they wait to arrest him the more likely it is that he will slip up and do or say something incriminating. Let him think he is safe. Maybe he will feel the need to check on the place he dumped her body or he may brag to the wrong person or use the fact that he thinks he got away with it to threaten or intimidate someone. "Watch out, if you make me angry, you might disappear too."

MOO

I read in a recent article (sorry, can't recall which news website) that LE did not leak the warrants on purpose, one of the LE detectives made a mistake and forgot to request it be sealed or something like that, where it was not intentional.

On the note of lack of information on this case, no flyers or command center, etc., can anyone in the Marines speak to this being standard operating procedure (mum is the word) when they are dealing with potential crimes committed by Marines? Otherwise, it makes little sense and seems wrong how little they are engaging with the public, and have convinced Erin's family--on their FB page anyway it states-- that they don't need the extra info of people calling in thinking they've seen her, or something along those lines, and they (LE) want to focus on their investigation without distractions. Kind of unheard of IMO for them to take such an attitude and sell it to the family -- no information/no updates/zipped lips. I hope it's a Marine culture thing, cuz otherwise it's not an approach that is fair to Erin or her family/friends.I don't think "no news is good news" applies here. JMOO

It's not really a "marine thing" since civilian LE has the lead on this case. As far as anything I've read... the military is only ASSISTING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub