GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been said, but I read the People article today and it states that the L's have been allowed to move beck to AK until his court date this fall. I thought that to be very interesting. I wonder if they have the AK police watching them at all. Seems very strange, but seeing that they arent named as POI (at this point - or are they??) they should be able to go I guess.
Just seems very strange to me that your (even one time) friend and neighbor is missing and youve been questioned about it and now known to have an affair with her and now youre relocating to AK.... I mean I get it - but I dont... does that make any sense.

This sounds a lot like the Heather Elvis case.... except HE wasnt preggo.... or married, but met with a guy should shouldnt have and now is missing.... **POOF** very strange.

Greetings you'll. First time posting on this case. I have been watching this case and collecting info since the beginning. This question has been bothering me since the sighting was reported. (1) Was it legit? (2) Could MB possible been mistaken on the color of car? (3) Could he be color blind? (4) If the sighting was legit, the time lines are important: It was reported EC left @ 7:00 AM, The sightings were @ approximately 10:00 AM. What happened in that 3 hour interval? Was that actually EC that was observed changing vehicles? The big question is "What is the story on the RED car? I have a few ideas here but will until I get some input from the folks here. This is truly the best sight for info on this case. Also very intelligent folks on here. Thanks for any assistance.

Welcome! It's a bit of work to collect the interviews and articles again but, I believe, both 10:00 and 10:30 a.m. have been the times mentioned by MB. Coincidentally, that's the time frame Erin's car was called in by the water meter guy (on Monday) as well. Or, at least, LE was on the scene by 10:30 a.m. iirc. First time I thought about this coincidence.

The timeline doesn't match (for Erin getting into the red car), we can all agree to that, right?

JC told LE Erin left home by 7:00 a.m. CL told LE he was gone by 7:30 a.m. So what was Erin doing between early morning and 10:30 a.m. when the witness says he saw Erin's car and a woman getting out of it. If Erin met CL at JT (or anywhere), why would she return at 10:30 to meet him again? It doesn't really fit with the early morning departure time for her to be in the spot her car was found at 10:30.

Another aspect of MB's story that wasn't addressed is if he saw either car approach or if they were already there when he approached (I think the latter). Because let's say Erin left her car there at 7:15 a.m. and joined someone else and then later returned to grab something out of her car and got back into the other car again - but then there'd be more than one set of footprints leading from Erin's car to the other car. The police report spells out clearly that someone drove up one time leaving one set of footprints to another vehicle's (consistent with a jeep) tire tracks. The woman either wasn't Erin or the early morning timeline is off.

He also gave a couple of different stories about what he was doing. One story was going to get balloons for a birthday party. I can't remember the others but I believe someone posted up thread his different stories. At first he seemed very credible then as time went on and his story began to change, his credibility went down and the hinky meter went up.

I do agree with you that the timeline is way off. Things are not adding up and hopefully it's the little things that are going to snag up CL.

I agree. I don't think it was just texts from that day, but Erin had been telling her friend about all of this as it went along.

Why do you believe there's a history of texts? Is it because you want to believe it (rational thinking) or because there's been actual evidence presented providing a timeline and possibly may explain Erin's thoughts, feelings and reasons for her decision to go outside her marriage.

Concerning the timeline, I think it's a possibility it wasn't Erin. NL maybe. Why would you tell your husband you are going to JT, which is weird in itself, then park your car 2 miles from the base to meet up with the person you are having an affair with? Maybe she met up with CL at JT or wherever, then her car was brought back to that location by the Lees, which would explain the 3 hr time gap. Just thinking as I type.

BBM: Yep, this is what I'm thinking. Today anyway...

....and get him back in the continental US in September to appear for those charges...perhaps LE knows the timeframe for when they need to have it all tied up in a bow to arrest him when he returns for that

Don't get your hopes up. Unless they find Erin, they don't have what they need or they would have arrested someone already imo.

We need a link for where a witness (MB's sister) claims to have seen Erin's car on more than one occasion leading up to the day her car was reported which was Monday. I never read or heard that report.

Greetings you'll. First time posting on this case. I have been watching this case and collecting info since the beginning. This question has been bothering me since the sighting was reported. (1) Was it legit? (2) Could MB possible been mistaken on the color of car? (3) Could he be color blind? (4) If the sighting was legit, the time lines are important: It was reported EC left @ 7:00 AM, The sightings were @ approximately 10:00 AM. What happened in that 3 hour interval? Was that actually EC that was observed changing vehicles? The big question is "What is the story on the RED car? I have a few ideas here but will until I get some input from the folks here. This is truly the best sight for info on this case. Also very intelligent folks on here. Thanks for any assistance.

:welcome6: Great first post!

Why do you believe there's a history of texts? Is it because you want to believe it (rational thinking) or because there's been actual evidence presented providing a timeline and possibly may explain Erin's thoughts, feelings and reasons for her decision to go outside her marriage.
No evidence at all, just MOO, which is why I said "I think". I think if you are close enough to tell your friend that you are going on an outing 2 hrs away with your lover to celebrate a pregnancy while you are still in a relationship with your spouse, then you probably are close enough to tell her this affair story as it is building.

I agree it could have been NL seen getting out of Erin's car 3 hours after Erin met CL there and got into his jeep, went off into the desert wit him to talk about her pregnancy, never to be seen again, and NL then helped move the car after CL did the deed. The witness's description of the petite woman with a hat, ponytail, and sunglasses who willingly got into the red car sounds more to me like NL than Erin.

I think it makes sense she would park her car in this remote area offbase, but not not near a gate or main thoroughfare (I think, at least that what the aerial photos made it look like) to meet up with her SO and go somewhere else for a couple hours without thinking there was much risk of her husband driving by and seeing her car and becoming suspicious. JMO

If EC told her husband she was going to JT why not actually go there in lieu of meeting up with CL and driving with him? If she did in fact drive herself to JT why would one of the Lees move the car rather than leave it in the JT parking lot? These are the things that make me so frustrated and confused. Ugh!

Don't get your hopes up. Unless they find Erin, they don't have what they need or they would have arrested someone already imo.

Part of a "no body" case is the length of time the person has been missing. So how much evidence they have now may be enough, as months go by.

Did he actually change his story, or did people retelling it change it?
IMO I don't think the timeline is necessarily off. It sounds like at least NL knew about the affair, and perhaps JC as well.
If EC told her husband she was going to JT to scout photo spots, and JC is suspicious of an affair, she'd better be able to say she went to JT. Perhaps she went there, took some photos with the intention of showing them to JC, and then drove back to meet CL where her car was found...

He also gave a couple of different stories about what he was doing. One story was going to get balloons for a birthday party. I can't remember the others but I believe someone posted up thread his different stories. At first he seemed very credible then as time went on and his story began to change, his credibility went down and the hinky meter went up.

I do agree with you that the timeline is way off. Things are not adding up and hopefully it's the little things that are going to snag up CL.

We need a link for where a witness (MB's sister) claims to have seen Erin's car on more than one occasion leading up to the day her car was reported which was Monday. I never read or heard that report.

I've been looking back, and will keep trying, but it wasn't a telephone game operator misunderstanding on my part that I had seen in writing on MSM website that JB (MB's sister) said she had seen the same blue car there on another occasion around the same time of day -- it always stuck with me that it could have been their usual meet up place, but I can't find it now. I think it was in the extended interview transcript of MB interview video that was something like 17 minutes and was transcribed, but with some errors, so maybe that was the problem.

Most of the articles now just say JB says she saw the blue car there before LE arrived, and she thinks along with her brother that it was moved further off the road from where she first saw it. Anyway, I agree it would be nice if we could find a link to her actual statement, and will keep searching.

I've been looking back, and will keep trying, but it wasn't a telephone game operator misunderstanding on my part that I had seen in writing on MSM website that JB (MB's sister) said she had seen the same blue car there on another occasion around the same time of day -- it always stuck with me that it could have been their usual meet up place, but I can't find it now. I think it was in the extended interview transcript of MB interview video that was something like 17 minutes and was transcribed, but with some errors, so maybe that was the problem.

Respectfully snipped for space (and because I started typing in the middle of your post by mistake). - lol!

MB's sister did state she saw Erin's car on ONE other occasion (but made it sound as if it was one of the days in question surrounding Erin's case which is why it would be nice to know what day that was). She added she believed the car had been moved since she first saw it while on her way to work (but didn't state what day).

When I read your first post, it sounded as if you believed the witness claims to have seen Erin's car on several other occasions unrelated to June 28 and beyond.

The family, like us, were probably hoping for a resolution by now. I believe they've been praying all along. Now, after over a month, they are reaching out formally for prayer. One step at a time as they've never experienced anything like this before and don't have a script. Whereas we are familiar with patterns we've seen in other cases and agree this case has been unusual from the get-go.

While I do think they have been praying (based on their fb page) I find the rest of their actions, or lack thereof, terribly bizarre. I'm afraid I can't explain it away as easily as you can. I'm certainly not saying they are guilty of anything to do with Erin's disappearance; I just think more publicity in a missing person's case is beneficial. "One step at a time" I understand. "One prayer meeting per month"...not so much. Without going against LE's order to be quiet (if that is the reason for it), they still could have been holding regular prayer meetings, etc. to get the word out locally and possibly jar someone's memory before it fades completely. JMO

Not necessarily. They may be waiting on some forensics, which can take several weeks, and would probably be back around the end of August. tick tock tick tock....

I don't understand why the person who made the comment just doesn't write a story about it? He's the idiot (IMO) who owns z1077 and wrote the story with the crappy enquirer-ish title... so rather than just say on FB why doesn't he write a story????

So, now I know who that guy was. No wonder everybody jumped on his bandwagon. Yes, it would be nice if he wrote a story instead of making flat statements without backup. Thanks for the info.

I agree with you. This is the least messiest way. Not a lot of effort and very few tools. No digging, no shovels, no sweat, no mess. Trick her into going with him to explore one of the remote or unknown mines, get her close to the edge, give her a shove and walk away. Get back in the Jeep, drive home, no body, no crime as NL said. How despicable is that?

One has to hope that there are some variables working in a shaft drop, like is it a "closed" or "open shaft" where air could circulate.....buzzards over the shaft or a side entrance.
Unless LE is actively dropping searchers down the mines, some of which may even have pockets of methane gas, my bet is shallow graves, often uncovered when the storms come rolling through. Like most perpetrators, they tend to dig near or in washes because it's easier digging......but it also puts the grave in a "flood plane" when the rain comes down. Hunters hunt near washes where animals will congregate, eating vegetation on it's edges when water is scarce. ATV's also enjoy the washes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl