GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now I know who that guy was. No wonder everybody jumped on his bandwagon. Yes, it would be nice if he wrote a story instead of making flat statements without backup. Thanks for the info.

Are you referring to a post on FB that something like "he was not found to be credible"? TIA

Why do you believe there's a history of texts? Is it because you want to believe it (rational thinking) or because there's been actual evidence presented providing a timeline and possibly may explain Erin's thoughts, feelings and reasons for her decision to go outside her marriage.

I havent seen any evidence presented to prove that there was a history of texts. But it makes much more sense that there would be. I think the firned would have been very confused and suspicious if she just got a random text that day saying that her married friend was going into the woods to celebrate her pregnancy with a married marine neighbor. If there was no previous context it would have been quite jarring and not very believable. jmo :moo:

I've been looking back, and will keep trying, but it wasn't a telephone game operator misunderstanding on my part that I had seen in writing on MSM website that JB (MB's sister) said she had seen the same blue car there on another occasion around the same time of day -- it always stuck with me that it could have been their usual meet up place, but I can't find it now. I think it was in the extended interview transcript of MB interview video that was something like 17 minutes and was transcribed, but with some errors, so maybe that was the problem.

Most of the articles now just say JB says she saw the blue car there before LE arrived, and she thinks along with her brother that it was moved further off the road from where she first saw it. Anyway, I agree it would be nice if we could find a link to her actual statement, and will keep searching.

I read the same article (wherever it is) that you are referring to. However, it seemed to me that it might have been misstated. For instance, if MB said his sister also saw the car on other occasions, he might very well have meant that they weren't together, but that she had also seen the car there that day on 2 different occasions...one close to the road....one where it was further away.

Does that make any sense? : )

I read the same article (wherever it is) that you are referring to. However, it seemed to me that it might have been misstated. For instance, if MB said his sister also saw the car on other occasions, he might very well have meant that they weren't together, but that she had also seen the car there that day on 2 different occasions...one close to the road....one where it was further away.

Does that make any sense? : )

Yes, it makes sense... hard to know when verifiable statements aren't available, so I could have just misconstrued what was meant by reference to her seeing the same blue car on a "different occasion", but I thought it said "around the same time of day" on her way to work or something, like she may have seen it there before the weekend Erin disappeared. But maybe she just saw it twice that weekend, not before.

I havent seen any evidence presented to prove that there was a history of texts. But it makes much more sense that there would be. I think the firned would have been very confused and suspicious if she just got a random text that day saying that her married friend was going into the woods to celebrate her pregnancy with a married marine neighbor. If there was no previous context it would have been quite jarring and not very believable. jmo :moo:

Agree with you on this. If a friend sent me a text like that out of the clear blue, she wouldn't be going anywhere because she'd still be sitting there answering all my questions.

Does anyone remember a post by one of EC's relatives under an article, I can't remember which one, talking about how this cousin and EC talked about letting people know where you were going? Something like that. I believe there was some discussion in one of the threads here about the post.

Made me think that EC did confide in her whereabouts and hopefully this friend in TN has many texts from EC.

Yes....that's the one I was thinking about.

This whole convo is over my head. I have no idea what is being talked about here. Prolly cuz I don't go to FB pages and read the rumors.

This whole convo is over my head. I have no idea what is being talked about here. Prolly cuz I don't go to FB pages and read the rumors.

Basically, it is just someone, who is an experienced writer/reporter, that posted his opinion that the red car witness is not credible. I agree with him, but who knows.

Basically, it is just someone, who is an experienced writer/reporter, that posted his opinion that the red car witness is not credible. I agree with him, but who knows.

And instead of writing a new news story, he just posted using his personal FB account saying that the witness' story was not credible.

My beef is that he has not problem writing enquirer-ish type headlines (using the term "lover" on a SECOND article of the same story when the first time it didn't get any hits) but then he won't publish a written story saying the story was bogus/made up/whatever terms you choose to use. Really crappy reporting and another reason why I never listen to his horrid (MOO) radio station and only go to his site to read the news when it's linked by someone else.

It would have been nice to hear his reasoning. I said from day one that I thought this was a bogus witness sighting. I posted that here and got lots of flack for it. lol But I did say it was just an opinion. And I am not a journalist. lol

If it can be posted here, is there some reason that the witness sighting is now considered not credible?

If it can be posted here, is there some reason that the witness sighting is now considered not credible?

Please see post #1070 above. That's about all there is to it.

One of my reasons for doubting the credibility was the family's reaction. They knew NOTHING of the red car sighting.

In my mind, if LE was investigating the red car, they would be asking friends and family about WHO owned a red sedan that Erin might be seen riding in. But they had not been asked that question.

And LE seemed to discount it. There was nothing in the Cause Statements about a red car. And her foot tracks seemed to go to tire tracks matching the Jeep. So I couldn't see where the red car fit in.

And if this sibling witness team had really had a big meeting with LE and revealed this crucial evidence, then why would they go in front of all these cameras afterwards. Wouldnt they be worried about being the last witnesses placing Erin with her killer? I would be.

It just seemed like hogwash, to me.

One of my reasons for doubting the credibility was the family's reaction. They knew NOTHING of the red car sighting.

In my mind, if LE was investigating the red car, they would be asking friends and family about WHO owned a red sedan that Erin might be seen riding in. But they had not been asked that question.

And LE seemed to discount it. There was nothing in the Cause Statements about a red car. And her foot tracks seemed to go to tire tracks matching the Jeep. So I couldn't see where the red car fit in.

And if this sibling witness team had really had a big meeting with LE and revealed this crucial evidence, then why would they go in front of all these cameras afterwards. Wouldnt they be worried about being the last witnesses placing Erin with her killer? I would be.

It just seemed like hogwash, to me.

Also, wouldn't LE have asked them to keep quiet as they did everyone else?

why do you think the green car? this http://www.desertsun.com/story/news.../erin-corwin-christopher-lee-arrest/12961823/ article says: <snip> ...Emom's affidavit also reveals that investigators searched Lee's home, an apartment on the Marine base, for firearms but found none. Deputies did find 10 spent .40-caliber bullet casings in Lee's Jeep. Tire tracks found behind the Twentynine Palms Marine base link the Jeep to Corwin's car.

BBM is this old news or do you just not agree with the affidavid?

Imo, this is one of those cases where we will not hear a word from LE unless Erin is found or an arrest is made. Unless somehow another leak occurs.

Imo, this is one of those cases where we will not hear a word from LE unless Erin is found or an arrest is made. Unless somehow another leak occurs.

I just wrote a really long response to your post & lost it with my incessant computer logging out. So, I'll just say that I agree & "goodnight". :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member