GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: giving up the horse. Might she have been one of those people who thinks that you can't ride when you're pregnant?

re: giving up the horse. Might she have been one of those people who thinks that you can't ride when you're pregnant?

That's certainly possible, but we didn't sell my daughter's horse when she got pregnant. At a certain point, she just didn't ride until after she delivered.

that...and to prove to JC that she loved him and wanted their marriage to work so much that she was willing to give up her beloved horse which was, at that time, her connection to being alone with
CL at the ranch which is how/where the affair started.

I am taking everything that IM said in this interview as a whole lot of hoopla. In my opinion, she has been busily back peddling since the warrant information was released to the public. The whole relinquishing of the horse story may just be another bone that she decided to throw out there to throw people off track and to further protect her precious CL.

Good point. Maybe the statement about Erin relinquishing the horse in June was to create a disconnected feel of Erin, to create the scenario of her leaving on her own accord. The more I read into this, the more something seems awfully fishy. I don't own horses, so I don't have a lot of insight on this, but it seems that it would not be likely for her just to give back the horse after caring for it for 8 months. Especially after all she's been through in those 8 months, and IM stating previously that Erin would come to the ranch for peace of mind.

For those of you familiar with horse rescue, what is involved in "relinquishing a horse"? Is there usually paperwork, a contract? Or is it considered relinquishing your horse when you just don't show up for a month? Of course Erin stopped taking care of her horse in June, she disappeared!

As to IM:

"The lady doth protest too much, me think"
(Shakespeare)

Exactly. I don't think I can say what I'm thinking, but it does relate to the old saying "once a cheater, always a cheater." I bet Erin wasn't CL's first or only affair. MOO.

Exactly. I don't think I can say what I'm thinking, but it does relate to the old saying "once a cheater, always a cheater." I bet Erin wasn't CL's first or only affair. MOO.

I think I know exactly what you're thinking and I agree with you. Maybe CL and IM had a "special" relationship and she feels like she needs to back him up. But... if they aren't speaking to her anymore you'd think she would be angry and do the opposite. Okay, I'm back on the fence.

OT but is it just me, or can anyone else not read that without hearing it in Rachel Green's voice? :crazy:

I think that due to her previous miscarriage she was planning on "taking it easy" if she conceived again...taking care of a horse is HARD work. And expensive. I think the "hike" or "hunting trip" w CL was most tempting for her due to timing...she knew CL was moving back to Alaska...and "just had to see him again"...either to chat about the timing/date of conception, "when will I ever see you again?", or whatever...sounds like this was her last opportunity to have time w/him. He was leaving...her mom was coming for 2 weeks...etc...

The more I learn about this case, the more I don't think CL killed her. I think you're right they were saying goodbye.

Of course things could have happened, but there are other people and circumstances I suspect more.

BBM

That is what struck me as odd too. If I was close friends with a 19 yr old pregnant girl, and she was missing, and quite possibly DEAD---I think I would be more respectful, or sensitive, when discussing her disappearance. I think I would show some level of concern--if I was concerned, that is.

I'm thinking in this group, Erin was the scorned one. They have no love loss for Erin. They are dripping with animosity. Things may have been so uncomfortable for Erin, and that may be the reason she gave up the horse. I prefer the word gave up, rather than abandoned. These people are something else.

I think I know exactly what you're thinking and I agree with you. Maybe CL and IM had a "special" relationship and she feels like she needs to back him up. But... if they aren't speaking to her anymore you'd think she would be angry and do the opposite. Okay, I'm back on the fence.

Cabo... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

OK. More spinning by IM. In that first video interview she said Cassy couldn't be moved to Base but I don't recall her saying Erin was giving her up. She said after 30 days of no contact then the horse was considered abandoned and would be put up for adoption.

Spin your tales some more, IM.

OK. More spinning by IM. In that first video interview she said Cassy couldn't be moved to Base but I don't recall her saying Erin was giving her up. She said after 30 days of no contact then the horse was considered abandoned and would be put up for adoption.

Yes, yes and yes! Totally contradictory!

IM has a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization # for being tax exempt so there should be a paper trail of everything. Even if she "gave" the horse to Erin a standard adoption contract should have been signed by both parties. Also, any donations or monies for a sponsorship would have to be accounted for by a receipt along with any horses re-homed.

Maybe the adoption was in the works but didn't go through because of X,Y or Z and IM considered the deal "relinquished".

I find it hard to believe that IM didn't know what was going on because I had to board my horses before I got my barn set up and everyone at that barn knew everyones business.:scared: MOO

IM has a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization # for being tax exempt so there should be a paper trail of everything. Even if she "gave" the horse to Erin a standard adoption contract should have been signed by both parties. Also, any donations or monies for a sponsorship would have to be accounted for by a receipt along with any horses re-homed.

Maybe the adoption was in the works but didn't go through because of X,Y or Z and IM considered the deal "relinquished".

I find it hard to believe that IM didn't know what was going on because I had to board my horses before I got my barn set up and everyone at that barn knew everyones business.:scared: MOO

Good thought. Thinking back to Rescues, usually they check vet references for potential adopters to make sure the horse will receive regular medical care (immunizations, etc). But they generally do not "adopt" horses that have not been fully vetted already...

I was thinking about that. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but this is just getting weird. UNLESS she is scared, I don't understand this.

I think I read that she is in her 60s. While not unheard of, that would surprise me.

Not impossible, but I have a hard time actually believing this.
I think we would have seen a very public search effort during the time before LE came to that conclusion, and some clear statements from LE that they did not think foul play was involved. I think that, while LE has backtracked a little bit, they have pretty obviously been exploring this as a criminal investigation. The searches, the texts, the inclusion of the FBI and NCIS, all of these are not good signs for Erin. I am SURE that LE has way more information than any of us knows, and are just gathering as much as they can before CL has to come back for the potato gun hearing.

Hold on to your coffee cup, because the idea that just crossed my mind is REALLY far-fetched. But, humor me here....what if NL isn't worried about them finding a body bc there isn't one? What if IM isn't acting concerned bc she knows EC is still alive? (BTW-I would love for this to be the case but realize it probably isn't, just kicking around things I've observed in my sleuthing) Maybe EC is in a very unhappy marriage with a controlling husband. Maybe all her previous Facebook posts about how in love she is is in an effort to try to convince herself. Also, NL, from her Pinterest pins, was hoping to have another baby someday, and maybe she was having trouble conceiving. As much as she hates EC, maybe she and CL are helping her escape her life and give them the second child NL wants...by hiding her and taking her with them. Maybe they put her car close to base to deliberately create suspicions re: hubby. Again, this idea is preposterous, but the combined weird actions of all involved is leading me down a different theory than I ever considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx